10 Best Hostels To Stay In Oiartzun Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Oiartzun Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Oiartzun Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Oiartzun Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Oiartzun Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Oiartzun Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Oiartzun Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Oiartzun Basque Country:
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Set on the Universidad del País Vasco’s campus, Olarain is 1,650 feet from San Sebastian’s Ondarreta Beach. It offers rooms with private bathrooms.Facilities at Olarain include a fitness center, paddle tennis and multi-use sports courts. There is also a games room and a sauna. Private parking is available for a surcharge.The functional bedrooms all feature simple décor and have heating. Each has a work desk and free WiFi.Olarain has a large café-bar area, in the living room and in the library. There is also a computer room with free internet access.Olarain is set less than 1.2 mi from San Sebastian’s old town and the famous La Concha Bay. The number 5 and 25 busses to the city center stop 1,000 feet away.
- Excellent bilingual staff. Most helpful and extremely friendly. Nothing was a issue for them
- The hotel was very clean, and the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, speaking enough English to easily answer any questions we had. The dining hall offered basic but generously portioned meals for a low price.
- Gym and laundry room were very good but room was quite small and especially missing balcony! We enjoyed anyway and had a good vacation in San Sebastian 🙂
Lovely property set not far from one of the superb beaches. Staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is university student accommodation rented in summer months, rooms are like a small apartment with all the basics. Great laundry room which made a huge difference to us as travellers trying to get laundry down!
There are bars and restaurants in eas6 walking distance.
- The place is huge and has lots of facilities including a decent gym with free weights. The breakfast is good and they have a good system: you either pay for the all-you-can-eat, or take what you want and pay a la carte. The price when I booked was cheaper than anywhere else in San Sebastian and although it’s not downtown, it’s a nice walk along the beach to get there. The closest beach is about 15 minutes away on foot. There’s a bunch of cafes and bars within walking distance of the hotel too, and a supermarket.
Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea
This colorful hostel is located in Ametzagaña Park, 2.5 mi from the center of San Sebastián. It offers modern rooms and dormitories with free Wi-Fi, individual lockers and a private balcony.Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea’s restaurant serves a range of local and international food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a shared kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Guests have access to a terrace with mountain views.The hostel has a small football pitch, and there is also a terrace with picnic tables and park views. Free on-site parking and a storage room are also available.Each of the bright dormitories has heating and a bathroom with a shower. Bed linen and towels are provided.You can drive to central San Sebastián in 15 minutes from Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea. Here you can find the Kursaal Convention Center, a range of great restaurants and the famous beaches of La Concha and Zurriola.
It’s good value and the staff are nice.
Es muy barato y el personal es majo.
- Great view and have everything you need when passing through. Staff were super kind at all hours and Also very helpful.
The staff were great. Really friendly and patient.
I thought cafe food and beverages were of good quality.
Views from the top floor are outstanding.
Decent laundry facilities.
- The price was low and almost everything was great and modern! Fast elevators, nice stuff, clean rooms, nice view and also cool space to chill and talk with friends. There’s cafeteria downstairs and the prices aren’t bad.
- The staff at the front desk were quite nice, especially the guy who helped me change rooms at 3 am when the guy in the bed next to me decided that his impressions of all things loud and annoying needed improvements in the early hours of the day.
- It’s good value and the staff are nice.
Residencia Universitaria Manuel Agud Querol
This property is a 17-minute walk from the beach. Located on the Ibaeta Campus, 1.9 mi from the center of San Sebastián, Manuel Agud Querol Residence is a 15-minute walk from Ondarreta Beach. It offers on-site parking and rooms with free internet.Guests can make use of the Manuel Agud Querol’s TV room with DVD player and the fitness center. Vending machines are also available.There are also various study rooms, a self-service launderette and 24-hour front desk. WiFi is free in public areas.Some rooms at the Residencia Manuel Agud Querol feature kitchenettes and a small seating area. All rooms come with a work desk, heating and a private bathroom, and are outward-facing.The Residencia is surrounded by parks and green areas and is just yards from the Universidad de Guipuzcoa. The famous Concha Beach is a 5-minute bus journey from the property.This residence is open to the university community all year round. If you are not a member of the Educational or University Community, a membership card by any Hostel Association in the IYHF must be presented.
We had small items stolen from our room – such as phone charger and food. very disappointing.
we did report to reception staff they did not deal with situation well. for this reason we will not stay there again.
- The rooms looked a lot nicer on the pictures on the website than they were in real life.
- Honestly…nothing. The only thing I liked was there was one staff (girl) she was always so kind to us and tried to help us in any way possible.
- The location was nice, close to the bus station that leads to the beaches and city centre. It is also a very green and quite neighbourhood away from the city traffic. The staff was very helpful. Very good and spacious elevators make your life easier if you have a room upstairs. Nice view from the window of the nearby hill.
- Basic rooms – but a good value for the money. Location is quiet, safe and convenient to a number of bus routes. My kids enjoyed the game room and vending machines. Laundry room has washers and dryers (nice!). Great place for families! My kids and I stayed in the quad room with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchenette. Worked great!
- We had small items stolen from our room – such as phone charger and food. very disappointing.
Albergue/Auberge ULIA Youth Hostel
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Set in the countryside just outside San Sebastián, Albergue Juvenil Ulia offers an on-site restaurant and bar, and modern, heated rooms. Playa de la Zurriola Beach is located 15 minutes’ drive away.All rooms come with a private bathroom, and the studios also include an equipped kitchenette. Free WiFi is available in public areas.You will find a selection of dining options and shops within 1,650 feet of the property. Guests can go hiking and cycling in the surrounding area.San Sebastián Airport is a 20-minute drive away. The property offers free parking.
The view was extremely beautiful.
The staff was really helpful and very kind. The rooms are big enough.
Clealiness and privacy is what I loved the most.
- View is amazing, restaurant is very good as well. Very nice hosts, well speaking english.
- Wonderful staff, beautiful view, family and dog friendly place
Confortable beds, clean and spacious room.
Great view .
I recommend it .
The taxi service is very convinient.
- Beautiful view over the city. Peaceful location, quiet at night.
- The view was extremely beautiful.
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Set in El Antiguo district in San Sebastián, 2,650 feet from Ondarreta beach, Koisi Hostel features stylish air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi and a communal terrace.At Koisi Hostel you can find both private and dormitory rooms. All dormitory rooms come with capsule bunk beds and nightlight. Some rooms come with private bathroom with shower. Bed linen is provided.You can enjoy the communal lounge, and the glass roof top terrace where the bar and restaurant are placed. The restaurant offers traditional pintxos, and a wide range of homemade meals, including several vegetarian options.Other facilities include touristic activities organization, a 24-hour front desk at the property where touristic advice is provided. Padlocks are available for sale at the reception.El Antiguo district offers shops and bars within a short walking distance. This area is popular for surfing, cultural activities and its gastronomy.La Concha beach is 0.6 mi away from Koisi Hostel, while El Peine del Viento is 0.9 mi away. San Sebastián Airport is 11 mi from the property.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and walking.
- Friendly Staff, silent and clean room. Free beer following check-in ☺️??
- Was very clean new and nice. Staff extremely helpfull and kind
- The room with private bathroom was very spacious for 2 people. It was also very clean. The staff both when we arrived and when we left were very nice and helpful. Coffee at the bar was very good. We enjoyed our stay. Great Hostel 🙂
- The hotel staff were amazing! Very attentive and helpful! It’s my first time staying in a hostel and I was worried but this is a safe place and bed was very comfortable. Location is super convenient as well!
Close to one of the beaches.
Room had air conditioner, when on the room was very pleasant. WIFI was good. Option for breakfast etc. staff really friendly.
A Room In The City
This property is a 3-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, A Room In The City hostel offers accommodations in central San Sebastián, 2 minutes’ walk from La Concha Beach. It is part of Convent Garden, an open social space that invites you to enjoy and live the local urban art culture. Guests have access to Convent Garden’s La Cripta bar and el Pation terrace.A Room In The City offers both shared and private rooms, all are bright and modern with city views. Rooms have either single beds or bunk beds, and there is a sink in each one. They have access to shared bathrooms and showers.The hostel has a fully equipped dining area with a microwave, toaster, kettle and kitchenware. There is also a social lounge with computers, board games and magazines, where you can meet other guests. A breakfast service is not offered.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property and luggage storage is available.A Room In The City has access through 2 different streets.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2,300 feet from the property and the nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9.9 mi from A Room In The City.
- Quite clean, nice staff, very helpfull and beds really comfortable
- The beds were very comfy & privacy screens are a great idea
- Great beds with curtains for more privacy. Extra charger plus USB charger in every bed. Clean and great location to both beaches!!
- This hostel had everything I needed. The staff were wonderful and facilities VERY good. The roof top terrace was a great place to escape to. The kitchen facilities were good. For a hostel, the room was spacious enough and the bed comfortable. I like that the bunk had a curtain for privacy and overhead light. The location and vibe is awesome.
- Very clean and comfortable room in the heart of city, 5 mins walk to fantastic beach. Basic room but for the money great value.
Set next to an 18th-century mill on the south side of Mount Jaizkibel, the Capitan Tximista is located a 5-minute drive from central Hondarribia. It has bright dormitories with a TV.The dormitories at the Capitan Tximista feature hardwood floors and bunk beds. Each one includes individual lockers and a shared bathroom. Bed linens can be rented on site.Capitan Tximista features a wide range of outdoor activities such as climbing, hiking and canoeing. There are donkeys on site which you can ride, and you can also rent a Segway, bike or four wheeler.The hostel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food, and packed lunches are available. There is also a bar and a terrace where you can enjoy a meal outside.The hostel is a 10-minute drive from the nearest beach and 10 minutes from San Sebastián Airport. A shuttle service from the airport and central Hondarribia is available upon request.
- My second time at captain Tximista: always great! On the camino, with very good hostel organization and beautiful place. Good food and wine.
- The Albergue has a great feeling of being in nature. Very tranquil. Almost everyone there was on a hiking journey, making for good company.
- The hostel was very clean and the staff was very nice. It is located in a beautiful natural place.
- The road to hostel and the nature that surrounds it is just perfect ! Very well organized and very pleasant stuff. Lady who runs it is just perfect for the job. She always make time either for talk or helping you out regarding anything. Big plus for her !
- Since I was the only guest I got a bed in a 4-beds room even if I paid for the 16-beds room.
Balea Hostel is offering accommodations in San Sebastian. The property is located 1.2 miles from La Concha Promenade. Free WiFi is available.The rooms have a shared bathroom.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 1.3 miles from the hostel. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9 miles from the property.
- The hostel is only 4 months old. It is quite funky and stylish. I was pleasantly surprised, the girls keep it lovely. Its a bit hard to find at first but I enjoyed being away from the bustle of the city centre. The river runs past, you can walk or cycle, there are shops and bars a short walk away. You have a choice of the Renfe train, Euskotren or buses into San sebastian
- Staff are very helpful and are polite, especially with my late check in. The shower itself is very good. The common area is alright too.
- The best price in San Sebastian for a great service thanks to an amazing and friendly staff. I was supposed to stay for one night but stayed for one week in the end 🙂 Of course, the location isn’t central, but the bus is right in front of the hostel so it’s very easy to get by. If you arrive at night, it can feel a little weird cuz it’s not very obvious where the hostel is and the neighborhood could seem a little odd at first but during the day and once you pass that first impression, you’ll see it’s actually a very nice environment / neighborhood and overall, a great hostel.
Belén, girl at the reception desk was very helpful, she let me enter to the room with the bike
Furniture and installations in the hostel seem to be new and in good condition, aesthetically hostel is very nice and modern
- Outside was terrifying, I walked up and almost left because it looked so sketchy. But I walked inside and it was beautiful and the staff was so friendly!
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. Located in San Sebastian, 600 feet from Zurriola Beach, Surfing Etxea provides accommodations with a terrace and a shared lounge. Around 1,500 feet from Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium, the property is also 2,100 feet away from Victoria Eugenia Theater and offers free WiFi. Old Town is 0.4 miles away.With a shared bathroom, some units at the hostel also feature a city view.Calle Mayor is 0.6 miles from Surfing Etxea, while La Concha Promenade is a 19-minute walk away. San Sebastián Airport is 9 miles from the property.
Gros is a great choice for travelers interested in food, gourmet food and bars.
- The location is unbeatable and the vibe in the hostel is really nice, friendly and relaxed. Beds are comfy, good wifi, clean & lots of space. Kind of nice you can’t drink in the hostel b/c it keeps it chill and gets people to go out. Can’t be beat.
- The distance to the beach &amenities was great. It was clean &the people who ran it were friendly.The bunks very high, and there were 3 double bunks and a bed cramped in a small room that made for a warm room. Loved the no drinking on the premises policy which made for a less rowdy hostel.
- Hostel was in an amazing location, staff and other travelers were nice and friendly! Will be returning next year!
- I liked the spacious storage space for each guest. The bathroom was a lot cleaner by the standard of hostels at this price.
The location, its just right next to the beach.
Its very clean. The people who works there are very very nice and helpful.
The rules are pretty strict though (no alcohol allowed in the hostel)
But all in all the best place to Stay when in San Sebastian!!
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Offering air-conditioned rooms in the Gros district of San Sebastian, Koba Hostel is 1,200 feet from Zurriola Beach. The property is located 1,500 feet from Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium, 2,100 feet from Victoria Eugenia Theater and 0.4 miles from Old Town. Calle Mayor is 0.6 miles away and La Concha Promenade is an 18-minute walk from the hostel.Featuring a private bathroom, rooms at the hostel also have free WiFi.A continental breakfast is available each morning at the property.Koba Hostel has a terrace.The 24-hour front desk can offer helpful tips for getting around the area.Santa Clara Island is 1.2 miles from the accommodation. San Sebastián Airport is 9 miles from the property.
Gros is a great choice for travelers interested in food, gourmet food and bars.
- Very welcoming, great location, very clean. Perfect place to stay
- The staffs were very welcoming and helpful always. The location was perfect. The kitchen facilities was also impressive. Breakfast was good.
- Nice hostel with very friendly staff. I would really recommend this for people who don’t expect to spend much time inside and plan to be very active, because this is a place to sleep, essentially. Prices are generally steep in San Sebastian, so this hostel offers good value for money, if you know what to expect. Its location is very good to explore both beaches and the wonderful city. San Sebastian is a fantastic place, with lots to see, to eat and drink, filled with lovely people. And if exploring that city is what you want to do, Koba Hostel is a fine place to stay.
- Room was spacious and the breakfast was good. Good location and the staff were friendly.
- The staff and the vibes were super chill, everything was always clean, great location by the beach.
Top Hostels In Oiartzun Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Oiartzun Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Oiartzun Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Oiartzun Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!