10 Best Hostels To Stay In Muxika Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Muxika Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Muxika Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Muxika Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Muxika Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Muxika Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Muxika Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Muxika Basque Country:
Albergue Trinkete Etxea
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Offering simple dorms with free Wi-Fi, Albergue Trinkete Etxea is located in Lekeitio, less than 350 feet from the sea. A 7-minute walk from the nearest beach, it features a communal lounge area and a computer room.Each dorm at Albergue Trinkete Etxea has heating and access to a shared bathroom. Bed linen is included in the rate and towels are available to rent.Shops, bars and restaurants can be found in the center of Lekeitio, within 5 minutes’ walk of the hostel. The town’s port is just 650 feet away.Located in Bizkaia’s Lea-Artibai province, Lekeitio is surrounded by pretty coves, beaches and seaside towns. Bilbao and San Sebastián are just over an hour’s drive from the hostel, while Gernika is only 14 mi away.
- Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Quiet neighborhood. Short walk to center.
- The staff was very friendly. The location is great- very central. We loved the balconies.
- Super friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, considerate guests, clean and secure. Great value for money and perfect location.
- great facilities, very well organized and super clean.
- La chica nos esperó amablemente para hacer el check-in más tarde. Habitación muy amplia y baño espacioso.
Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika
Located in Esquerica, Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika has a garden, terrace and bar. Free WiFi is available.At the hostel, rooms have a closet.A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao is 10 miles from Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 31 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 8 miles away.
- Nice, simple cooking area outside with seating area. Bunk room was big enough for everyone. Bathrooms were clean. There was some food available for purchase for those who didn’t have food, would recommend taking own food to cook though. The breakfast was breads, jam and coffee.
- The location and the house itself are great! The host is very nice and the little dog Lolita is the best 🙂 Thank you for the breakfast!
- The property is gorgeous and feels like you’re in the country. The resident dog, Lolita, is a gem. I liked the outdoor kitchen and seating and the ability to buy the items I wanted to cook. Decent prices.
- Super clean. Spotless. €6 for a bottle of surprisingly tasty wine. Bedroom with shower was modern. Water was hot. Towel provided by alburgue host. Funky outdoor kitchen for pilgrims use.
- The Albergue is situated in the hills away from the congestion of cities; it was a haven of serenity after walking for hours on the Camino. It surpassed my expectations.
Featuring a garden, Usandi Aterpetxea is located in Ziortza-Bolibar. The property provides free WiFi.The hostel has a terrace.San Sebastian is 29 miles from Usandi Aterpetxea, while Bilbao is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 18 miles from the property.
- On the Camino route with great facilities. More than one bathroom and shower and host was lovely
- Rafa the owner is a gentleman and made us feel so welcome to the Basque region. We had walked the camino and this property is 5* luxury compared to other hostel properties of the same price. Thank you Rafa from your 3 Irish girls.
- The property was very clean and nice! We arrived quite late at night and they were accommodating for our late arrival. No problems, it was a breeze (:
Gut, dass genau gegenüber ein Restaurant mit einer Bar ist, wo es
einfaches, gutes Essen gibt.
Frühstück war ebenfalls in einer anderen Bar dicht an der Herberge möglich.
Gut, dass die Heizung im Zimmer funktionierte.
Die gr Küche mit dem gr Tisch war praktisch.
Wenn Waschmaschine(mit Trockner) funktioniert hätten, wäre es sehr praktisch gewesen. Der Owner hat aber erst später am Abend in die Gebrauchsanweisung geschaut und sie dann wieder hinbekommen.
- La zona común es muy amplia y agradable. Además todo al rededor es silencio y sonido de agua.
Mundaka Hostel & Sports Cafe
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Located in the Biosphere of Urdaibai Reserve, Mundaka Hostel & Sports Café features a gym and shared lounge with a TV. There is also a restaurant and snack bar.The hostel offers shared dormitories and private rooms with air conditioning and lockers. All rooms have access to a shared bathroom with a shower.There are various restaurants serving characteristic Basque cuisine within a 5-minute walk of the properties. Upon request the hostel can organized various activities, such as windsurfing.Mundaka Train Station is 650 feet from the property and Bilbao Airport is 12 mi away.
The hostel is very close from the train station. Just 5 min walk. The beach is nearby – max 10 min walk. The hostel is directly at the seashore.
There is a restaurant next to it where you can buy drinks and food.
- Great place for the value the staff was very helpful and good food. Awesome place to stay!!!
- Location perfect. Parking was tricky but manageable (not sure the same would be true in the summer). Facilities/bathroom were all mostly clean, as were sheets etc. The waves were firing so I can’t be too fussy (5 mins walk from the port)! Spacious lockers with key provided by the bed.
- The hostel could not be closer to the main peak at Mundaka
- Understand, this is an albergue, not a hotel. The facility is large and modern. Mundaka is small so it is well located. The restaurant is pretty good for the price and serves large parties easily. But the fare is simple and pretty ‘fast food.’
- The hostel is very close from the train station. Just 5 min walk. The beach is nearby – max 10 min walk. The hostel is directly at the seashore.
Lekeitio Aterpetxea Hostel
This property is a 11-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Lekeitio Aterpetxea Hostel offers accommodations in Lekeitio, just 2,650 feet from the town center; there is a bus stop 650 feet away.All bright rooms are heated and come with a private bathroom with shower. There is a gift shop at the property.An array of activities is offered in the area, such as horse riding, windsurfing and diving and more tourist information and materials are provided at reception.Set on the mouth of the river Lea, the property is within 1 hours’ drive from San Sebastian, Bilbao and Vitoria. A public parking is 350 feet away.
It’s a modern and ultra clean hostel which is more like a boutique hotel. They have invested in time and thought over the architecture and design- it’s really impressive and top class.
On the map you might think the location is an issue but Lekeitioko is not a huge place. The location is 5 minutes from the beach and opposite a very nice restaurant. The walk is nice too and it’s quiet for sleeping.
Anna-Marie and her husband are warm and hospitable hosts. Really cool vibe.
- Very clean, the owner very kind, helpful and informative.
- Great location. Easy parking. 10 min walk to the town and beach. Friendly and helpful staff.
- Very warm welcome from owners who carried our cases to our upstairs bedroom. The owner phoned for a taxi to take us into town and recommended a restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble and again on departure, we were helped with our luggage.
- Friendly, helpful host. Even arranged close car parking due to my wife’s poor mobility. Comfortable room, good shower, very comfortable bed. Near bus station for trips to Bilbao and San Sebastian etc.
- It’s a modern and ultra clean hostel which is more like a boutique hotel. They have invested in time and thought over the architecture and design- it’s really impressive and top class.
Albergue Mandoia Aterpetxea
Located in Arantzazu, Albergue Mandoia Aterpetxea has a garden. The property features a bar, as well as a restaurant serving Spanish cuisine. Both free WiFi and private parking are accessible at this property.At the hostel, rooms are equipped with a closet.A continental or buffet breakfast is served at the property.Albergue Mandoia Aterpetxea has a playground. A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.Speaking English and Spanish at the reception, staff will be happy to provide guests with practical information on the area.Bilbao is 10 miles from Albergue Mandoia Aterpetxea, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 11 miles from the hostel.
La habitación tenia un tamaño adecuado y dos ventanas bien situadas, la cama era bastante cómoda.
El precio bastante ajustado.
Zona del jardín ideal para tomar el aire o desayunar.
Wat een geweldige lokatie, Echt fantastisch. Warm Onthaal. We hadden ons wel vergist in de afstand van de bus (ov) naar deze plek, 2,9 km steil omhoog lopen is niet te doen (hahaha). Gelukkig heeft de buurvrouw ons naar boven gebracht, maar we hadden ook kunnen bellen met de eigenaar.
De avondmalen waren van zeer hoge kwaliteit…. ik zeg vijf sterren en zeker doen. TOP!!!
- Muy cordial y cercano ,cumplió todas las expectativas que quería y alejado de la civilización .
- Precioso caserío en la montaña. Un sitio muy tranquilo en medo de la naturaleza. Los dueños fueron muy amables y simpáticos.
- Está limpisimo, el lugar es precio, rodeado de bosques y los dueños encantadores, nos informaron de lugares para visitar y rutas. Y nos dejaron una habitación de cuatro para nosotros dos solos.
- La habitación tenia un tamaño adecuado y dos ventanas bien situadas, la cama era bastante cómoda.
Ganbara Hostel is in the heart of Bilbao’s historic quarter, on one of its famous Siete Calles, or Seven Streets. It serves a free breakfast, offers free Wi-Fi and features a 24-hour front desk, 2 communal lounges and a shared kitchen.Each of the simply decorated, modern dorms at Ganbara Hostel has heating, air conditioning and access to a shared bathroom with a hairdryer. Bed linens and lockers are included. Guests can rent towels at the front desk.The hostel also has a laundry room, and there are 2 TVs, a Wii, games and DVDs in the lounge area. There are also vending machines, luggage storage and tourist information available at the front desk.The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the Basque Museum and nearby Casco Viejo Metro station. Buses to the famous Guggenheim Museum stop a 10 minute walk away.Bilbao Train Station is less than half a mile from the Ganbara.
The lounge is very nice, and the staff was pretty helpful and welcoming, especially the girls.
The location is ideal, really close to everything in the old town and to the metro.
- The location and how clean and relaxed the hostel was. We will be recommending this hostel to people in Ireland.
- Staffs are really friendly and nice, good location!
Perfect for young travellers. The staff were really friendly and I arrived very last minute and late, around 12.30 am.
Breakfast included although no caffeine I could see.
- There are several common areas for sitting and relaxing or visiting with other guests. The WiFi was very strong. Breakfast was good. The hostel has various activities scheduled during the week. They supply a good city map and are knowledgable on how to get around. Our 4 bed dorm was laid out well and the lockers were easy to access. Good water pressure in the shower and a sm dressing area.
- The lounge is very nice, and the staff was pretty helpful and welcoming, especially the girls.
BBK Bilbao Good Hostel
This modern hostel is a 5-minute walk from Bolueta Metro Station. It features 3 outdoor terraces, a free buffet breakfast, free Wi-Fi and a cafeteria, just over 1 miles south of the center of the city.Bright dormitory rooms BBK Bilbao Good Hostel are all adapted for disabled guests. Each bunk bed has an individual locker, light and plug, and shared bathrooms have a hairdryer. Sheets are included and towels can be rented.You can prepare meals in the kitchen and the hostel has 2 lounges with TV, DVD players, books and games. There is 24-hour free tea and coffee and computers with free internet connection.The staff at the hostel can organize guided tours and activities for groups. The center is a 5-minute metro ride away and buses around the city stop 150 feet away.The BBK Bilbao is a 15-minute walk from Atxuri Train Station and a 10-minute walk from Larreagaburu Park.
- The place is huge, like a large hotel. Room was spacious, clean bathrooms, kitchen had microwave and stovetop.
- I really loved the people I met there pretty great friends for life now. As for the facilities found a pack of cards on one of the tables played some games. They also have fooseball. The self serve kitchen was great and there was a box with common food on it which I managed to forage together a pretty decent meal. The breakfasts were ok, no hot food apart from toast. The proximity of the hostel to the metro was perfect there’s a fuel station a few metres up and a place to buy stamps just around the corner. Relatively close to Bilbao’s musesms and the old city.
- The staff is great! I am especially thankful for the guy at reception, who helped me to plan the rest of my trip and gave me some great tips 🙂
- The breakfast was amazing. The staff speaks prefect English, and is very friendly.
- The rooms were great, plenty of room and good lockers.
All Iron Hostel
Located in Bilbao in the Basque Country Region, 2,300 feet from Etxebarría Park, All Iron Hostel features a terrace and views of the mountain.The property offers dormitory rooms with a coffee machine. Lockers with individual sockets inside are available. This property is adapted for guests with disabilities.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also offers bike hire. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is 1.3 mi from All Iron Hostel, while Plaza Nueva is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- My first impression was how clean it was. Spotless! The staff were extremely friendly. The atmosphere was friendly. The room was a good size for the amount of people on there, plenty of room to move around. A lovely relaxtion room and the showers were fab.
- Super recomanded for travelers and pilgrims ! The staff is very helpful and take care of people 🙂
- The staff were friendly, common areas were decorated well,Price was good.
- Very welcoming accommodation within walking distance to some great food options and a reasonable walk to the main downtown area. Clean and conducive to meeting other travelers.
- It was my second time staying at All Iron, and it was amazing! My favorite hostel ever.
Located in the Bilbao City Center district of Bilbao, Bcool Bilbao is 1,300 feet from Casco Viejo. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 1,650 feet from Arriaga Theater and around 0.6 mi from Athletic Club de Bilbao. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.At the hostel, rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom with a hairdryer.A Continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao Exhibition Center is 0.7 mi from Bcool Bilbao, while Bilbao Fine Arts Museum is 0.8 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 3.7 mi away.
- Great breakfast and very friendly staff. The curtains on the bed for privacy really add to the atmosphere of the room.
- A good hostel close to the city with decent facilities
- Staff were super and couldn’t have been more helpful. The place was very clean .
It is in a pretty dodgy part of Bilbao, with labourers line up the street through which you walk to get to the secured door hostel. Inside hostel is just fine, clean and quiet. I myself got into a little trouble in the neighbourhood during an early morning walk, so I personally feel even less inclined to recommend this location. Big boys who know which side of street to walk, go ahead.
Bus stop is on the other side of town.
- The staff is very helpful and very nice, the bed was really comfortable, everything was clean, I really enjoyed my trip there I really recommend this place that’s great !
Top Hostels In Muxika Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Muxika Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Muxika Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Muxika Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!