10 Best Hostels To Stay In Moyogalpa Ometepe – Top Hotel Reviews
Moyogalpa Ometepe is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Moyogalpa Ometepe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Moyogalpa Ometepe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Moyogalpa Ometepe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Moyogalpa Ometepe:
Hotel Casa Moreno
One of our best sellers in Moyogalpa! Hotel Casa Moreno is set in Moyogalpa. This 3-star hostel offers free WiFi.At the hostel, the rooms are equipped with a wardrobe.Hotel Casa Moreno offers a terrace. The area is popular for cycling, and bike hire is available at the accommodation.Altagracia is 8.1 miles from Hotel Casa Moreno.
- Very good place to stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Clean rooms, hot water, very quiet place. It’s located very close to the center and ferries, at the same street that police station – it’s safe. Nice common areas.
Very friendly and very helpful staff. Clean rooms, nice bathroom, free coffee in the morning.
Some great places to hang out and chill on the balcony and rooftop.
Great recommendations for good restaurants, the best one is right on the opposite side of the street.
Definitely one of the best accommodations on our trip and just a great place to stay…
- Amazing staff, so friendly and with a great level of English if needed. Also have a fantastic tips for the island and helping rent bikes or motos etc. Dorm room was great, beds comfortable and the room quiet. The location has you just a small walk out of town and many places to relax in the grounds.
- The hotel is on a quiet street, a few blocks from the port. Not too far from the port where the ferry comes in, or hard to find. The room was clean and simple, good linens. My favourite part of the hotel was the provision of outdoor chair in front of my room, hammocks on the deck and, best of all, the dome room with nice seating and small tables, and amazing view of the volcano. Staff also friendly and helpful, especially at check in.
- Staff was very friendly and helpful, and insisted we asked any questions we had on our mind. They helped us plan any trip or tour. The atmosphere was great, rooms were basic but sufficient.
Hostel Life is Good
One of our top picks in Moyogalpa.Located in Moyogalpa, 30 miles from Salinas, Hostel Life is Good features free WiFi access and free private parking. The hostel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.San Juan del Sur is 23 miles from Hostel Life is Good, and Altagracia is 8 miles away. Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles from the property.
- Hostel Life is good was the best place to eat in whole Central America (especially with the home nade bread). I Like the atmosphere and the People from Life is good do their Job excellent. They are happy making travelers happy. Made me feel I wanna stay there for a long time. ..
- The people, clean, friendly, nice. Overall a solid recommendation
- Nice common area to hang out and socialize. Food was decent. The staff was friendly and helpful.
- Nice location, lots of hammocks to chill out in. All the staff are friendly, they organise scooter, trips, taxi to and from town. Food is delicious and reasonably priced
- The breakfast and dinner made at the hostel is amazing!! And you do not want to miss the amazing view that the watchtower they have offers, for sure. The staff is incredibly friendly, the private room is comfortable enough, and the lounging areas have enough chairs and hammocks for you to relax. It’s like 2 minutes away from town so it feels cozy and yet close to everything.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Yogi’s Place offers accommodations in Moyogalpa, just 30 miles from Salinas.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. San Juan del Sur is 23 miles from Yogi’s Place, and Altagracia is 8 miles away. Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles from the property.
- I had the 6-bed room for myself. Two older other guests. Clean. Large common area. Friendly cat.
- Pretty basic hostel with not much else than a bed, but for the price it’s fine. The dorms with the big beds are nice. Friendly staff and good location, close to everything.
- Spacious rooms, good common area. Robinson the owner was a really nice guy, gave us a refund on one nights accommodation when we wanted to leave early
- We were upgraded on arrival to double beds as it was quiet season which was really nice. Good big room and bathroom. Nice communal area. The guy spoke great English and was very helpful. Awesome cat.
- Nice location, main street just a few blocks away. Great staff, very helpful for the best tips and arranging tours
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Ibesa offers accommodations in Moyogalpa. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.There is free shuttle service at the property.Salinas is 30 miles from Hostal Ibesa, and San Juan del Sur is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from Hostal Ibesa.
- Good location in Moyogalpa, close to the port and ferry. Cute do and the room was not too hot or stuffy. Good book exhange.
- We have now been travelling for 11 months and have been in Nicaragua for 3 weeks and can say this is one of the worst places we have stayed on the whole trip. The plus points are that it’s cheap ($15 per night for a private room) and the WiFi is good (when it works!)
- The hostel is in the house of the family. You have everything you need, the kitchen is equipped and the 2 girls don’t care about what you do
- The staff is nice. Close to resturants super market and bike rental places.
- Basic and worth of money. I ended up staying for four nights and explore the Island from there. Lady who works there during days is so nice and it helps if you know spanish. There is a kitchen you can use, wifi works and water is free. Location is good on the Cost close to the city.
Hostel Finca Monserrath
Located in Moyogalpa, 31 miles from Salinas, Hostel Finca Monserrath features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking. The hostel has a terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. A TV is provided.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides car rental. San Juan del Sur is 24 miles from Hostel Finca Monserrath, and Altagracia is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from Hostel Finca Monserrath.
- The outdoor space was very nice! The room was quiet, nice comfortable bed.
- The owners of this place are the sweetest people. Good bed. Good food. Big garden. Beautiful place just outside Moyogalpa. Great that they rent out bikes & scooters and can take you to do a kayak trip, so you don’t have to go to town for that.
- The folks that run the property where super hospitable it was like visiting family. The property is cute and only a 20 min walk from the ferry.
Very nice host family! So helpfull.
We rented a scooter through them, and had absolutely no problems.
- It‘a 5 min with the taxi from the Ferry to the Hostel-really nice and peaceful place to relax and enjoy the island! Louis(owner) is such a nice person and helps you what ever you need! Together with his family and the Tourguide are they doing a perfect job and tell you everything about the island and how you can enjoy it the best way!
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Los Chocoyos offers pet-friendly accommodations in Mérida. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 25 miles from Los Chocoyos, and Altagracia is 8 miles from the property.
It is on the lake.
We hiked Maderas and walked from Los Chocoyos.
There are restaurants down the street.
Breakfast is included.
Towels are included.
The hostel was perfectly located (nice view on El Concepcion, every evening you see the sunset, and ideally to go kayaking on Rio Istiam or hiking to the waterfall of San Ramon)
Breakfast was lovely (3 options you can chose from).
Bikes were available
- The view from the bedroom was amazing and we appreciated the breakfast.
Fantastic view of the lake made for amazing sunsets! Staff was really helpful and created a great atmosphere on the hostel.
We liked to have the opportunity of renting both bikes and kayaks.
The hostel is quite in the middle of nowhere and the most noise came from the roosters walking around. Great place to get away!
The view is amazing, the food is good, you’re really near the lake
The owner did forget our reservation and we had then an upgraded room for the same price (very spacious). We met a girl who had the same « problem » (reservation forgotten) and she had then a room in another hostel.
- It is on the lake.
Hospedaje La Penita
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hospedaje La Penita is located in Altagracia in the region of Ometepe, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. San Jorge is 16 miles from Hospedaje La Penita, and Rivas is 19 miles from the property.
- Mark is a really nice guy and really tries to help you. Everything is possible if you just ask Mark. Mama Rosario’s food is amazing, you don’t have to go to another place. She takes your diet into account and makes delicious breakfast and lunch. Much more than I could eat!
Nice quiet clean place to spend a night. Very good price for the room, as well as food and beverages.
We ended up cancelling our reservation to head to a place with more of an active night life… the owner was very good about it! If you are looking for a quiet place to spend a night with a private room, clean facilities, excellent home cooked food, and friendly staff, this is the perfect little abode!
- The atmosphere couldn’t have been better. The owners are really nice and you can be sure you get the best care and will feel pleasant so that you can enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The fresh food of mamá is delicious. They helped me with transportation and got me a great guide for the Conceptión volcano. By the way they have the best WIFI reception of Nicaragua.
Typical Nicaraguan breakfast always including gallo pinto (like!!) but changed during our stay as well (eggs, cheese, bread). Owner was nice and the place felt a bit more as an airbnb than a hostel, which was nice. Family staying on the property as well and mom making delicious meals! Water wasn’t working for the first day but Mark and the family took good care of that and the next day it was fixed.
The addition of a bar is great, nice cold beers and sodas, cheap as well. We rented a scooter today which Mark fixed and that was awesome. They deliver the scooters or motorbikes, which is very handy.
- Our stay in La Penita was one of the greatest moments we experienced while travelling in Nicaragua. Lizzet, the owner of this place, is one wonderful person and great host! I would like to point out that her local knowledge is very precious. Living in Europe for couple of years, she can easily help you to understand all culture differences and guide you once you decide to visit Ometepe (must go destination!). Although this place is still in under the reconstruction with basic facilities to offer, there is a plan to establish a home-stay in the middle of glorious nature with different day-night activities for tourists…. And food is delicious! 🙂
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Santo Domingo, La Chiponga features free WiFi, a garden and sun terrace. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles away. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area and/or terrace. Some units also have a kitchen, fitted with a microwave and refrigerator. There is a private bathroom with a shower in each unit. Towels are provided.Altagracia is 3.9 miles from La Chiponga.
- Good location across the road from the water but it is rocky so not conducive to swimming. Also the East coast of the island seems to have rougher water than west. Nice design with some lovely quirks eg the bicycle spoke windows. High ceilings, cool and exposed brick was classy. Floor may have been polished cement – don’t remember tiles. It did have some wood strips on wall in room and bathroom where you could hang clothing. The side tables were innovative; the old reels from wiring. Clothes line up the back if you wanted to wash any clothing but a stiff breeze all the time. We had a room down a small corridor off the kitchen so nowhere to sit outside our room directly although some nearby. The staff were helpful and attentive. We picked up the bus directly outside the entrance next day so terrific location if taking public transport on the island. Playa Domingo is quiet at night time; no street lighting and few budget type restaurants.
- Very short way to the coast, just on the opposite of the street, where you can chill in hammocks. Big kitchen. Quiet.
- very friendly stafff who could not do enough. They even upgraded us to a larger apartments after a booking mix up as we decided to stay a few more nights. We enjoyed the cooking facilities. Feels like you are in the jungle as the monkeys jump all over the tin roofs!
Every morning the host is feeding the monkeys and the birds. It is a little paradise you can enjoy!
No restaurant at the hostel but clean kitchen is available. Also the comedor(small restaurant) is cross the street. The food and coffee are very good!
- The hostel is in a good location for many Ometepe activities. There are many good restaurants nearby. The staff are friendly and helpful. Elvis drove us to two petroglyphs sites. Room was clean and bed comfortable.
Santa Cruz Hostel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Santa Cruz Hostel offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 6 miles from Santa Cruz Hostel, and San Jorge is 18 miles from the property.
- The bed was comfy. Food was good. Nice view of volcano. Friendly staff.
- The view from the terrace is amazing! Hammaks, comfortable rooms.
- Location and view at sundown garden. Staff were nice but would be better emplayed cleaning and painting rooms etc instead of doing very little all day.
- Yes, the view is exceptional as almost all the reviews state. The pictures aren’t lying: its exactly as pretty as that, but better when seeing the view of Conception (with the garden) for yourself. The hostel itself is good as well. It has nice (outdoor) common area’s, including the attached restaurant. It also has laundry service (a very nice lady hand-washes your clothing) which is fast and cheap and the rooms (dorm) is clean. The staff is friendly (although almost no English). Little store right in front of the hostel.
- Garden, Views towards Volcano, nice breakfast (Extra payment), central location on island, ability to book tour via hostel
Hotel Buena Vista
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Hotel Buena Vista offers accommodations in Santo Domingo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the mountains or lake.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Hotel Buena Vista, and Altagracia is 4 miles away.
- Good location on Santo Domingo beach but unfortunately there was no beach when I was there due to heavy rains previously. The patio area waa great to relax in and breakfast was very nice. Owner really helpful when I wanted to change rooms. Went out of his way to make sure I was content.
- The location on the beach was beautiful.The terrace was large and spacious with views of Maderas Volcano.
Great stay. Nice garden with hammocks and everything you need to relax, breakfast is good, supportive and nice host.
The rooms are basic and the bathroom is quite small.
- Nice location, easy access as it’s on the paved road, directly at the lake with a nice view of volcano Maderas, the garden is nice and has many lounge areas.
- The owner of the hostel is a very kind and nice man, always there if we had questions or needed assistance. The place is very cute, they really put a lot of effort in creating a little paradise.
Top Hostels In Moyogalpa Ometepe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Moyogalpa Ometepe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!