10 Best Hostels To Stay In Lapa Rio de Janeiro State – Top Hotel Reviews
Lapa Rio de Janeiro State is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Lapa Rio De Janeiro State:
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Discovery Hostel offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro, just 1.4 miles from Guanabara Bay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Selarón Steps is 1,950 feet from Discovery Hostel, and Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is half a mile away. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 0.6 miles from the property.
- Beautifully decorated hostel with great staff and a feel-like-home atmosphere! Couldn’t have been better! The hostel also offered tours and a very nice breakfast!
- Fabulous staff, the most comfortable bed we’ve had all trip and a great atmosphere. Oh and the banana bread at breakfast is AMAZING!
- Really loved this place!! David the guide, is the best guide ever!❤️ The atmosphere is so good, and the people is very friendly!
- The location was prime. Literally 100mt away from the Train Station. 5-10 walk from Lapa. So if you like going out, it is a quite ideal place to stay. Even for going to the beach, it is only 10 mins train ride from the hostel. Atmosphere was pretty cool, I generally liked the place. Staff were also helpful. Big Shoutout to Alexis, Janaina, Alex, Renata and Khalil.
- People who work there are nice and friendly, hostel is well located near a metro station.
Rio Forest Hostel
Featuring free WiFi, Rio Forest Hostel offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro. The hostel has a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Views of the sea, garden or city are featured in certain rooms.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guanabara Bay is 1.6 miles from Rio Forest Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 1,000 feet from the property. Santos Dumont Airport is 1.2 miles away.
- Firstly the stairs are horrendous! Especially with luggage. Otherwise a fantastic hostel, lovely staff, great breakfast (with monkeys joining in sometimes), 10 Min walk to the famous steps. A little further to the Metro, 20mins maybe. Close to nightlife.
- Breakfast was delicious but small, nice view of Lapa from the balcony, air condition was excellent and beds were comfortable
- The travellers we met were the best, a nice hostel to party at
- The air-conditioning was great, and the view from the hostel is really nice!
The location in the green with a pool and a great view of the city are fantastic. The atmosphere was great and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.
Thanks for a amazing time.
Great hostel and highly recommended.
Located in Rio de Janeiro, 1.6 miles from Guanabara Bay, BananaZ Hostel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Selarón Steps is 650 feet from BananaZ Hostel, and Santa Teresa Neighborhood is 1,650 feet from the property. Santos Dumont Airport is 1.2 miles away.
- Wow! What a great hostel! If you are yong and want to meet bunch of cool travelers and don’t mind people being drunk and sometimes noisy then this is a spot!!! Breakfast is good but dinner is Fantastic! The atmosphere is great, and people are fun .
- Wow. Tha atmosphere is so great, people are super friendly. You meet lots of ppl and if you are party ripe you going to love it here!! Dinner is an amazing bonus !
– breakfast and dinner is good to have
– staff does daily and nocturnal activities
- The staff are great and the dinner is amazing! The free dinner at night also makes the hostel very social and easy to meet people. Lively at night with good happy hour deals & right in the heart of Lapa so you can walk to the bars
Dinner and breakfast are really great. Staff were helpful every time, common area is also very good as everything is in a big open space (kitchen tables, couches, tv, reception). Location is awesome too, specially in our case that we needed to be close to downtown.
Bananaz is only a couple blocks of the best bars and street parties in Lapa. So if you want to party, you can go walking..
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Books Hostel offers dormitory rooms and twin rooms with shared bathrooms. Free Wi-Fi is available. It is situated in Santa Teresa, just a few hundred feet from famous Lapa area.Breakfast is included and guests can enjoy the communal barbecue area or cook in the shared kitchen. Books bar offers a variety of drinks during the day such as Brazilian caipirinhas and cold beers.There is an on-site library and a room with TV and computer. 24-hour front desk service is provided.It is situated less than one mile from the bus station and the subway is around the corner, from where many places of interest in Rio de Janeiro can be explored.
- People was so friendly, helpful and trusting each other.
- They let me go without needing to stay another night even though I booked one more.
- Alonso (the Brazilian guy at reception) was fantastic. Very helpful and informative. He even took my partner to a doctors when she woke-up with some serious looking bites. The decor of the property was pretty cool too. There was a toastie-maker for breakfast too and even English branded tea – a welcome touch!
- This was a cheap hostel in Rio. In a good location in Lapa, it’s at the bottom of the hill to Santa Teresa. The staff were really friendly, Felipe communicated with us before we got there about withdrawing money and arranging a transfer. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and mostly had this to ourselves. The hostel had a breakfast which was good and cheap caipirinhas between 7-9. Would recommend to others.
- This is really the best hostel – if u want to party -I‘ve ever seen!! Was there during carneval. Of course its loud but who cares. Even if u not stay there, everybody comes there to party and then u leave all together. Great! Next year again!
Terra Brasilis Hostel
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Terra Brasilis Hostel offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guanabara Bay is 1.6 miles from Terra Brasilis Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 1,300 feet from the property. Santos Dumont Airport is 1.2 miles away.
- It was really nice of them to warn us against going to the Gloria metro station on foot at the very early hour in the morning (before the sunrise) and they arranged an Uber to drive us there.
- The most amazing view from the private rooms, and also right next to a very popular historical site with one of the best views of Rio and 100% free. Santa Teresa is also a fantastic area to explore – beautiful historical architecture and some incredible graffiti.
- The hostel is very beautiful; colourful and nice decorated. The bedroom was big with a nice balcony and beautiful view over the city. We loved the breakfast every morning with fresh fruit, juice and cake.
- Everything is great!!! Amazing place where I m back again and again :))) highly recommended!!!
- The balcony have an amazing view. The hotel is right in front of parque das ruinas which offers a beautiful view of pao de acucar and Christ redemptor. Moreover this park often offers yoga class, free concerts
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Kariok Hostel offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guanabara Bay is 1.4 miles from Kariok Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 1,950 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
- Good location in Gloria, nice staff, liked the breakfast
- Very friendly and helpful staffs – absolutely loved Alex and Juno. Great spread for breakfast. Clean place. Great location attractions like Lapa, Selaron, is near the metro, walking distance to city centre (a bit further) and Santa Teresa. Good restaurants nearby.
- Staff were very accommodating with our special request. Room was comfortable, air conditioning and fridge were in good working order and the shower was nice & hot 🙂 We only stayed for a night & didn’t make use of the common areas, but they looked comfortable and the hostel had a relaxing quiet environment.
- Very friendly staff. The breakfast was pretty good. The location is good too : 3 min from the metro station Gloria. Overall, a very nice hostel
- Nice staff, well-located close to the Gloria subway station, good breakfast
Hostel SelaHost is located in Rio de Janeiro, just 1.4 miles from Guanabara Bay.Every room comes with a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Selarón Steps is a few steps from Hostel SelaHost, and Santa Teresa Neighborhood is 1,250 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 0.6 miles from the property.
- The people from the hostel tried to make everything fine. Really friendly stuff. The Location is great!
- Ambiente tranquilo e funcionários bastante simpáticos e atenciosos!
- Lejos el mejor lugar para hospedar, gente acogedora, buena vibra y lo mejor de todo te hacen sentir uno de los suyos.
- Fui no carnaval e foi perfeito. Os proprietários são sensacionais, super comunicativos, preocupados e atenciosos. Recomendo a todos. Café-da-manhã satisfatório. Toda balada muito perto e para o Rio de Janeiro super seguro, as Escadarias possuem seguranças próprios, ou seja, o turista estará tranquilo a noite toda. Existem vários restaurantes muito bons por perto e bares com ótimos drinks.
- la ubicación era muy buena y el personal muy amable
186 Lapa Central Hostel
In downtown Rio, this hostel is just 50 feet from the lively bars and nightclubs of Lapa district. It offers dormitories and private rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers a communal kitchen. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.Rooms at 186 Lapa Central Hostel provide a private bathroom, air conditioning and a wardrobe. Some units provide a balcony with a view to Rua do Lavradio Street, a famous landmark in the downtown area. Dormitories come with a shared bathroom, air conditioning and a private locker.Cinelândia Subway Station is 2,650 feet away. Copacabana Beach is 5.6 miles from 186 Lapa Central Hostel. The Sugarloaf Mountain is 4.3 miles from this hostel.
- The personal was very very kind. They helped us a lot and they cared about our comfort in the hostel. The location of the hostel is perfect for people who like to go out at night and have fun. The bus station is also very near the hostel.
- The stuffs are multilingual, in the heart of the city, 5 minutes to subway 24 hours reception , large kitchen and partio , family owned and run.
- It’s a simple hostel, very good located near Lapa. Staff is very nice and helpful.
Staff was very friendly and tried their best to accommodate us.
Location is really good, few minutes away from the Arch and 10 minutes walk to the subway. Surrounded by bars and restaurants.
There is a nice recycling system.
Very cute garden with chairs and all that. The cat was funny too.
- It was ok/good, was really close to the centre, and the walking tours. 20mins walk to where the theater is.
Da Lapa Design Hotel
Da Lapa Design Hotel is located in the Downtown Rio de Janeiro neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, just 1.6 miles from Guanabara Bay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find concierge services at the property.Santa Teresa Neighborhood is 650 feet from Da Lapa Design Hotel, and Selarón Steps is 1,000 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
Staff was really nice and helpful.
Location is great!
Central location, nicely designed, good facilities.
Good sized room, clean, comfortable bed, simple but decent breakfast.
- Location is great, the hostel is beautiful and clean, and breakfast was good.
The room was very nice , big and comfortable.
The best about this hotel is the manager and the stuff who are super friendly and tried everything to make you comfortable.
We stayed extra 6 hours and they didn’t charge anything !!
Location is great for people who wants to enjoy Lapa night life .
This is a great hotel, specially for young people.
- An excellent property! All of the staff were very helpful and friendly from start to finish. We met with the new hotel manager on our last day and what an excellent man he was!! Such a friendly person and even sat with us to watch the football game 🙂 I have already recommended this place to my friends and would go back there in an instant!
- Good breakfast.
Massape Rio Hostel
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! Massape Rio Hostel is located in the Downtown Rio de Janeiro neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, 1.7 miles from Guanabara Bay and 1,300 feet from Santa Teresa Neighborhood. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms come with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Municipal Theater is 0.4 miles from Massape Rio Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 0.4 miles away. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
- It’s central. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast and good for alone traveller/ to meet people.
- Good location really close to Lapa. Nice and friendly staff.
- I liked the balconies and the location and the water filter. That’s it.
- The breakfast was great but maybe a hot breakfast would have made it perfect. I liked the staff; always on hand to help me with tours, internet and air conditioning.
Our private room was fantastic. Big comfy bed, huge windows and air con!
Breakfast was good.
Great location right near lapa.
Top Hostels In Lapa Rio De Janeiro State Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Lapa Rio de Janeiro State. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!