10 Best Hostels To Stay In La Penilla Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
La Penilla Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in La Penilla Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in La Penilla Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in La Penilla Cantabria. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in La Penilla Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in La Penilla Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In La Penilla Cantabria:
At the hostel, all rooms come with a closet.A continental breakfast is available each morning at Los Nuberos.You can play ping pong at the accommodation, and the area is popular for hiking.Santander is 12 miles from Los Nuberos, while Santillana del Mar is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 9 miles from the hostel.
No reviews yet.
Vivienda Rural La Casa Vieja De Alceda
The La Casa Vieja De Alceda accomodation features traditional decor. The cottage and apartments all have a cosy lounge with sofa and TV and a kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, hob and coffee maker.The properties are set within the historic centre, with various bars, restaurant and shops within 5 minutes’ walk. Buses to Santander pass 350 feet away.The properties are set next to the thermal waters of the River Pas, 1,000 feet from The Alceda Park and Adventure Park. The prehistoric caves of Puente Viesgo are 12.4 miles away.La Casa Vieja De Alceda offers free parking and is 13.7 miles from the Cabárceno Nature Reserve.
No reviews yet.
Guests at the hostel can enjoy a continental breakfast.Santander is 17 miles from Albergue Valvanuz, while Santillana del Mar is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 15 miles from the accommodation.
No reviews yet.
Posada Corral Mayor
At the hostel, each room has a closet and a flat-screen TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.Guests at Posada Corral Mayor can enjoy a continental breakfast.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around La Serna, like skiing.For any tips on how to get around or what to do in the area, guests can ask at the reception.Santander is 23 miles from Posada Corral Mayor, while Potes is 29 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 21 miles away.
- great staff fabulous building very traditional great breakfast and we requested extra pillows , whilst we were there lots of snow and roads closed , staff updated us on constantly changing condition
- This is a lovely pension. The building is very traditional with lots of dark wood everywhere. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We had a very reasonably priced and good evening meal provided, which was just as well as we were on bicycles and there wasn’t anywhere else open for miles. The lady owner was very friendly and helpful and made us feel most welcome.
- Very warm welcome, the owner went out of her way to make arrival and stay very smooth. House is a lovely refurbishment of an old building and more atmospheric than the photos suggest. Good,filling breakfast to start the day.
- Lovely understanding staff, room was lovely , very quiet place to stay
- Very authentic recostruction of the old building. Very comfortable and peaceful. Breakfast was excellent.
Rooms have a shared bathroom.A buffet breakfast is available daily at the property.Santander is 7 miles from the hostel, while Santillana del Mar is 9 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 6 miles away.
- Highly recommend. The owner is so kind and helpful with anything you need. I had a wonderful night sleep here and had my clothes washed and dried for €3. They also serve food there (salads, sandwiches, eggs, freshly made French fries….. delicious! Lastly everything felt Very clean and comfortable. I never use pillows in albergues but i did here.
- The hospitality of the hosts was fabulous and we were welcomed in despite arriving very early. We had friends arriving late and this also was no problem. Great food on offer for dinner as well as a really well equipped kitchen.
- Very friendly staff, who went out of their way to help and make you feel comfortable.
- The best albergue on Camino del Norte. Very clean, well kept, and extremely friendly hosts.
- Relación calidad-precio insuperable,una maravilla.Admiten mascotas encantados!
At the hostel, rooms come with a closet and a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom, some units at Hostal Amarantos also provide guests with a patio.Santander is 12 miles from the accommodation, while Santillana del Mar is 4.2 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 11 miles away.
- There is a busy bar/restaurant where you must go to check in etc and everyone we dealt with was incredibly nice and helpful. Our room was cozy and warm. Bathroom was big and we slept very comfortably. It was very quiet despite being full of people. We ate delicious burgers for dinner from the restaurant and had a yummy breakfast as well. They accepted our small dog at no extra cost. Wonderful experience all around, would happily return and recommend. Location is very central, was easy to find street parking despite a busy holiday weekend.
- Very convenient for start of Vuelta a Espana in Suances
Relación calidad/precio buena.
Limpio y admiten mascotas sin pegas.
- El hostalito estaba limpio. Buena relación calidad precio.
- Muy buena ubicación y en relación calidad precio fenomenal, además podemos traer a nuestro perro sin problemas y sin cargos adicionales.
Albergue Solar de Hidalgos
Many of the palace’s ancient features have been carefully preserved, giving the Solar de Hidalgos an authentic, historic charm. Here you will find numerous antique sculptures and artwork, suits of armour, dark stone flooring and exposed wood beams. These ancient features are now blended with modern facilities.The hostel is located beside the Benemejiis Palace, which now acts as the Caja Cantabria exhibition centre. This small town is filled with impressive historic buildings, and outside it you will find some of Spain’s best green landscape.
Yet another good stop point if your walking the Camino.
Old ‘museum’ of a building. Bit of a hotch potch.
Plenty of history in the building and the town.
Plenty of places to eat in the town.
We had to male use of Medical Centre which is only open until midday.
Aldo local hospital and the staff were great.
- The hostel itself with al the old stuff is awesome!! Also the host is a real nice guy (who speaks English) and the breakfast for 3 euros is good!
- couldn’t have a friendlier welcome by staff!!! Perfect location and in my case wonderful warm-hearted start for my Camino.
- The old style of the hostel was really lovely and added to the charm of it, and the guy at reception were very welcoming.
- Spacious, comfy room in a medievil setting full of character.
- Yet another good stop point if your walking the Camino.
Albergue el Musgoso
The bright rooms at Albergue el Musgoso feature rustic décor. Some have private bathroom and all have access to a communal lounge with fireplace, sofas, TV with DVD player and library.A continental breakfast is served daily in the dining room and the communal kitchen includes microwave, fridge and hob. Numerous restaurants, bars and shops are within 5 minutes’ walk.The Musgoso organises activities including hiking and climbing and you can go surfing at Somo and Loredo Beaches, 15 minutes’ drive away. Cabárceno Nature Reserve, a zoo with over 200 species of animal, is 6.8 miles away.Free public parking is available nearby, and Albergue el Musgoso is 10 minutes’ walk from Lierganes FEVE Train Station. Santander is 15.5 miles away.
- Personal muy amable. Todo muy limpio. Muy bien situado, con el río al lado. Recomendable 100%
- Carmen, la dueña, es maravillosa. Da gusto encontrar gente como ella.
- Carmen la casera es encantadora. Tuvimos un problema con la reserva pero nos rehubico sin complicaciones! Genial
- El lugar, el entorno, y la hospitalidad de Carmen, la gerente
- Tanto la estancia, como la ubicación, como la amabilidad en que nos trataron a mis 3 hijos y a.mi fué espectacular. Una delicia de vacaciones y si podemos repetiremos el año que viene
Albergue El Convento
Featuring a simple-vintage décor, this hostel offers dormitory rooms for maximum 4 people as well as private rooms, the former nun cells. They feature a garden view and give access to a shared bathroom.There is a dining area where the continental buffet is served every morning, as well as a communal lounge area with a library, and board games.The property boasts a spacious garden with barbecue facilities and guests have access to the communal terrace.Other facilities include a bio store with local products and souvenirs.Restaurants, bars and shops can be found within walking distance. Santander Airport is 14.9 miles away.
- We were staying in an old convent in the center of town. The guy at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was great.
1. It is a historical building, so I guess it is cool to stay there.
2. The staff was very polite.
- Lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful, the place is beautiful with lots if spaces to relax. The little village is incredible. Shared bathroom was decent sized and individual showers are a plus. They accepted our small dog at no extra cost.
- Very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast, nice common areas.
reception is kind (but could be better if told the customer every rule earlier )
La Ermita 1826
A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Santander is 18 miles from the hostel, while Llanes is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 17 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Top Hostels In La Penilla Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in La Penilla Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in La Penilla Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in La Penilla Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!