10 Best Hostels To Stay In Isla del Rosario – Top Hotel Reviews
Isla del Rosario is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Isla del Rosario. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Isla del Rosario. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Isla del Rosario. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Isla del Rosario right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Isla del Rosario with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Isla Del Rosario:
Golden Frog Hostels
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool, Golden Frog Hostels is located in Isla Grande, just 22 miles from Cartagena. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Barú is 5 miles from Golden Frog Hostels, and Isla del Rosario is 3.2 miles away. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, had all the information we needed about the property as well as the island, and were available all the time for questions. Thank you to everyone there!
- Location is great. House is beautiful, just not well taken care of
The people were very friendly and the check-in was easy. It’s easy to meet other people at this place and to have cool conversations.
Our host Martin is a very friendly and nice host. He gave us all necessary information and was always there for questions. It was water to drink available for free.
- Isla Grande is a beautiful Island and the hostel has a really cute private beach. There is a pool and a bar with wifi and nice food and drinks. The welcoming on the island from the hostel staff was very nice and we got a quick overview of whats there to do.
- The buildings architecture was quite beautiful, especially after researching the history. Martin was always helpful, and the Golden Frog was clean.
Galería Isla Hostel
Located in Isla Grande in the region of Bolívar, 22 miles from Cartagena, Galería Isla Hostel features a year-round outdoor pool and a private beach area. The guesthouse has a barbecue and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room includes a shared bathroom.There is a shops at the property.You can play darts at the guesthouse. Barú is 4.5 miles from Galería Isla Hostel, and Isla del Rosario is 3.2 miles away. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 24 miles from the property.
- Great secluded island with the feeling of being rekote but with all the facilities
We stayed in Isla Grande for 3 nights and had a great time. We found Galeria to be very social space and we had the opportunity to meet some really nice people. The property was well equipped, clean and had a lovely communal open area. The kitchen and the fridge (the only one in the complex) proved handy. Sebastian, our host, was most accommodating and recommended a range of activities for our time there – among these night swimming with glowing fitoplankton, kayaking through mangroves or where to find the nicest beaches. Also, La Pola, the nearby restaurant which recommended was excellent, with enormous langoustines and fresh coconuts by the sea at sunset a highlight.
Would definitely go back to Galeria!
- We found it cool that it is a part of a complex of a few hostel houses, each with a bit customized style yet related. Galeria Isla itself is a beautiful hostel with a very nice lounge area (which was great because the common areas of the complex were a bit boring). Our host was welcoming and helpful, also making sure that the place is always neat (thanks Sebastian!). You can also book various activities like going to see the enchanted lagoon or kayaking through the mangrove trees.
- It was my first time at a hostel, and the experience was great! Staff at Hostales Paraiso Secreto are super fun and welcoming. The island is an interesting place. I am glad I stayed overnight at Isla Grande instead of just visiting the beaches for the day. This island is not for the faint of heart. Don’t expect a resort island getaway. Expect an adventurous and unexpected fun day or two on the island!
- Staff were very nice. The place was beautiful, the houses were artsy and nicely decorated, and there were hammocks everywhere! There was a good kitchen and fridge in our hostel which were very important.
Samán Hostel Island
Samán Hostel Island is located in Isla Grande, just 22 miles from Cartagena. The guesthouse has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Some rooms include a sitting area for your convenience.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The guesthouse also provides bike rental. Barú is 4.5 miles from Samán Hostel Island , and Isla del Rosario is 3.3 miles away. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 24 miles from Samán Hostel Island.
- The hosts are really friendly, enthusiastic to inform you about Colombia, have a great taste of music and an even greater taste in furnishing the hostel.
- Really relaxing, friendly, comfortable place to stay. The hostel was clean and the beds were really comfortable. Christian, the manager at Samán was really helpful and nice!
- The location is very beautiful! Whar made it extra special was the host, Cris, he was very nice gave us tips of things to do and helped me with a special request. The hostel has a cool common area where we socialized with other guests, we did have to share a bathroom but the privacy of our room was perfect. Loved our stat here ?
- Beautiful victorian house with a cosy living room. The two owners are very welcoming, learned the names of all the guests, gave recommendations whenever possible.
- Alejandro was a wonderful host. Made all who visited feel welcomed and comfortable. He was very knowledgeable about Colombian culture and history. He even took the house snorkelling!
Fulano Secret Paradise
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Located in Isla Grande in the region of Bolívar, 22 miles from Cartagena, Fulano Secret Paradise features an outdoor pool and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. The hostel also provides bike rental. Barú is 5 miles from Fulano Secret Paradise, and Isla del Rosario is 3.2 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- The houses are beautiful and there is a lot of space to chill. We had a private room and it was very comfy. The staff at the bar is really nice! Good atmosphere and flair 🙂
- So much character in the houses. Lots of activity options (kayaking, paddle boards, etc). The drinks were great and we loved all the hamacas everywhere. Very relaxing stay!
- I loved the house ambient and architecture (Fulano), the staff (Camila – host and also bar and reception staff), Location. I loved the pool and the beach in front of the hostel.
- Staff was friendly, several activities like stand up paddle boarding and kayaking are easily available
- The location is incredible ! There was absolutely no one on the beaches, it was a dream. The hostel is very nice and a great place to chill, and you can also access the neighbouring hostel which are all very cool and all have Hammocks, sofas , etc. It is amazing
Ecohotel Arte y Aventura
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Ecohotel Arte y Aventura offers accommodations in Isla Grande. The hostel has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking. Cartagena is 21 miles from Ecohotel Arte y Aventura , and Barú is 4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 24 miles from Ecohotel Arte y Aventura.
- This was a great Eco-Hotel on the Rosario islands. You should be aware the island does not have running water or electricity (other than from generators), so it is a no mod cons place, but we loved it. Spacious, clean room, really nice and helpful staff with activities offered (Enchanted Lagoon walks, Canoe rides, snorkelling).
- Nice back to basics eco hostel with clean rooms at a nice location. The staff was friendly and helpful. (Not a bad thing at all, just a reminder, no Wi-Fi, no running shower, limited water etc.) But all of these things make it even nicer as long as you are prepared for it!
The breakfast was very simple. Tea was made from rainwater. Coffee was not available.
A simple 12V light was available at the Hotel and a small ventilator for the night charged by a 12v Battery and a Solarpannel.
- Beautiful island with a lovely room for us to stay in. Viviana and Carlos were both so helpful and made us feel very welcome. The perfect place to escape from reality for a few days!
- We had the misfortune of booking a boat back to Cartagena with a terrible company that did not pick us up. Carlos, the wonderful owner of Ecohotel Arte y Aventura, called a boat for us once he realized that we had been stranded for almost 6 hours. Throughout the whole trip, everyone on the island treated us like family, but that one kindness saved our trip.
Media Luna Hostel Barú
Media Luna Hostel Barú is located in Barú, just 23 miles from Cartagena. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a shared bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Isla del Rosario is 7 miles from Media Luna Hostel Barú, and Isla Barú is 11 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 25 miles from Media Luna Hostel Barú.
- Great service. The rooms are simple but comfortable. Relaxing atmosphere
- Great place to spend a couple of days hanging out at the beach! Loved our second story room with a large balcony. The food was so good! The chef did a great job at every meal – never disappointed.
- Excellent staff, I had a senior moment and forgot my computer, they took extreme care to ship it to me in Cali, so happy they were so honest and meticulous. Good food also
- The staff on location is really nice and friendly. Good restaurant with a chef that is super accomodating, so friendly and cooks well. Hammocks everywhere for a really relaxing stay. Great sunrises and sunsets. There isnt much else to do there than just relax and sometimes it’s a good thing.
- It’s like being in paradise! we really liked the hostel and being directly in the nature. Don’t expect any big parties, it’s really more for relaxing. We enjoyed the plancton tour in the evening & the tour to isla rosario. Great staff!
El Paraiso de Mama Ruth
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, El Paraiso de Mama Ruth is located in Playa Blanca, just 14 miles from Cartagena. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.Barú is 8 miles from El Paraiso de Mama Ruth, and Isla del Rosario is 13 miles from the property. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 16 miles away.
- The little huts are directly at the beach, therefore you sleep with the sound of the waves and the view from the balcony is just great.
- The private huts on the beach are amazing. Staying one night is perfect to experience the beach for when the hoards of day trippers leave.
- Well maintained building, friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable compared to other buildings in the island.
- The bungalow is infront of the beach ans the views are amazing!!! You have also some sunbeds for you. The staff is nice and the beach is beautiful
- This is the perfect place to stay in Barú. It is the best place after Decameron Hotel. Super comfortable rooms, good showers and bathrooms. The location is perfect, the Rooms are private and they have An incredible view of the sea. This is the place to stay if you want to be in the best spot. Take water, and some cookies if you want to make your stay even better.
Hostal La Estrella
One of our best sellers in Barú! Hostal La Estrella is located in Barú, 20 miles from Cartagena and 8 miles from Isla del Rosario. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room has a shared bathroom.You will find a shops at the property.The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 22 miles from Hostal La Estrella.
- They have no running water so you shower from a bucket
- Mr Jose and his wife were very kind, and her food taste amazing.
The hostel is located right at the beach – which is awesome in the early morning and late afternoon, but you can walk around 20 min to the end of the beach where it is quiet and nice 🙂 The beach and the water is truly beautiful, you will be in a paradise.
The owner was helpful, he arranged a ride back to Cartagena for 25 000 pesos per person that drove us to our hotel, around 1 hour.
- Right on beach. Near restaurants and bars. Fan in room. Bed comfortable enough. Not too far down the beach.
- The property is tidy and well-maintained. The owner is friendly and the hostel offers a great view of the sunset. The rooms are clean with locking doors and windows, fan and mosquito net. Guests are allowed one bucket shower per stay, and the bathrooms are nicer than some in the same area. It’s good that you can reserve online with booking.com, especially during the busy season, when hostels often overbook or have no rooms available.
One of our best sellers in Playa Blanca! Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Hostel Ichtus is located in Playa Blanca. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.There is concierge services at the property.Cartagena is 15 miles from Hostel Ichtus, and Barú is 7 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 17 miles from Hostel Ichtus.
- The staff Elías, Monica and Benjamin were amazing 🙂 These staff members are close friends with the owners and really take extra care with the facilities and guests. Elías even brewed us coffee from his farm! It was delicious. Extreme attention to cleanliness. I can’t believe how clean the place was given it’s rustic setting. I barely saw any bugs, and for once did not get a single mosquito bite! The staff made this place stand out.
- It’s a wonderfully relaxing place to stay. The staff are amazing and you are just a few steps from the beach.
- Great place. This is my third time back. I took my parents for 2 nights to enjoy the beach.
Our hosts Monika, Benjamin and Eliseo were absolutely lovely and cared for us very genuinely helping us with different activity arrangements and were very nice and flexible in all ways. We really felt like part of a family for a few days.
The hostel is located in the quieter part of the beach, away from the restaurants and the noise.
An outstanding construction with an OUTSTANDING STUFF!
Every edge of the hostel is made by love!
Stuff have great heart! Organization is just PERFECT!
Possibly the best hostel at the beach.
Not for parties! But if you want party, just walk 5 minutes, you will find enough. But stay here! As you can have really quite place.
Arrecifes is located in Playa Blanca, 14 miles from Cartagena and 8 miles from Barú. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms are equipped with a shared bathroom.Isla del Rosario is 13 miles from Arrecifes, and Isla Barú is 2.5 miles from the property. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 16 miles away.
- Location great. Staff super friendly and helpful. Will do anything for you.
- The guys were super friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed… they negotiated with local jet ski and taxi boat operators to ensure we got the very best prices!!!
- David and his staff was so great, so friendly. The seaview is excellent…
- Fun and hard working staff! Delicious home cooked meals, stunning location and very clean rooms and toilets. Very welcoming and the perfect spot to relax on Playa Blanca, away from all the other tourists. It was the second time I had stayed here and I wouldn’t stay anywhere else!
- The location is amazing, literally a few meters from the sea. The staff is super friendly. Big thanks to David for taking great care of us!
Top Hostels In Isla Del Rosario Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Isla del Rosario to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Isla del Rosario but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Isla del Rosario. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!