10 Best Hostels To Stay In Gaztelu Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Gaztelu Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Gaztelu Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Gaztelu Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Gaztelu Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Gaztelu Basque Country:
Albergue Ambiental de Beizama
Set in the small town of Beizama, Albergue Ambiental de Beizama is surrounded by countryside. It offers heated rooms, free WiFi and views of the nearby mountains.Simple rooms are equipped with bunk beds, and each one comes with a private bathroom with shower.Guests have access to a shared kitchen and a shared lounge. The property also offers activities for families, with a special program prepared for August.The hostel is 15 minutes’ drive from Azpeitia. Bilbao Airport is around an hour’s drive away. Free parking is available at the property.
- Great stay, friendly helpful staff, big common area with kitchen and dinning tables, and a corner full of toys. Beautiful location in the forest.
- Location is very beautiful and quite, nature is all around. Clean bedroom.
El albergue en general muy limpio y bien organizado.
La atención muy amable
El lugar muy tranquilo (demasiado para mí)
- La amabilidad del personal, lo bien equipado que está el albergue y el encanto del lugar por su situación rural en medio de la naturaleza
- Trato excelente por parte del responsable del establecimiento, Iñigo, encantador. El enclave inmejorable, y las instalaciones muy adecuadas al tipo de establecimiento. Lo pasamos genial. Ojalá podamos volver!!. Por cierto, no dejéis de ir a la quesería que está cerca (3 km aprox) con varios premios y probad algunos de sus quesos.
Set on the Universidad del País Vasco’s campus, Olarain is 1,650 feet from San Sebastian’s Ondarreta Beach. It offers rooms with private bathrooms.Facilities at Olarain include a fitness center, paddle tennis and multi-use sports courts. There is also a games room and a sauna. Private car parking is available for a surcharge, while parking for motorcycles and bycicles is offered for free.The functional bedrooms all feature simple décor and have heating. Each has a work desk and free WiFi.Olarain has a large café-bar area, in the living room and in the library. There is also a computer room with free internet access.Olarain is set less than 1.2 mi from San Sebastian’s old town and the famous La Concha Bay. The number 5 and 25 busses to the city center stop 1,000 feet away.
Slept well–after we were supplied with a fan for the room.
Great buffet breakfast.
- The hotel was very clean, and the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, speaking enough English to easily answer any questions we had. The dining hall offered basic but generously portioned meals for a low price.
- The ambience! It is an excellent option for being in San Sebastian!
- Nice facility with nicely furnished rooms at a reasonable price. Location was walkable to the beach.
- This was great value for money as a solo female traveller. It was a little bit away from the action, but only a 10/15 min walk and is well serviced by buses. It was immaculately clean and had good access to facilities like laundry. It was very safe and comfortable.
- Slept well–after we were supplied with a fan for the room.
A Room In The City
One of our best sellers in San Sebastián! Featuring free WiFi, A Room In The City hostel offers accommodations in central San Sebastián, 2 minutes’ walk from La Concha Beach. It is part of Convent Garden, an open social space that invites you to enjoy and live the local urban art culture. Guests have access to Convent Garden’s La Cripta bar and el Pation terrace.A Room In The City offers both shared and private rooms, all are bright and modern with city views. Rooms have either single beds or bunk beds, and there is a sink in each one. They have access to shared bathrooms and showers.The hostel has a fully equipped dining area with a microwave, toaster, kettle and kitchenware. There is also a social lounge with computers, board games and magazines, where you can meet other guests. A breakfast service is not offered.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property and luggage storage is available.A Room In The City has access through 2 different streets.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2,300 feet from the property and the nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9.9 mi from A Room In The City.
- Location was great, easy walking distance to pretty much everything! Came in later in the evening on the train and was only a short walk. Loved having the curtain on the bed for extra privacy and darkness when sleeping. I also didn’t feel like I disturbed the others in my room because of it. Extremely clean and towels provided which was a big plus! Highly recommend.
- Great place to stay in San Seb. Close enough to old Town. Very clean.
- Location was great! Comfy beds and super clean hostel. Staff was amazing!
- The location was great. They have cool waterproof proximity bracelets that let you into your hallway, room and lock the locker. The bracelet never worked for the outside doors but the front desk people would buzz you in. I stayed in the all woman room, which was nice that it had its own bathroom.
- Highly modern hostel, one electronic key for entrance, room and locker. Large and comfortable beds with good privacy.
Set in El Antiguo district in San Sebastián, 2,650 feet from Ondarreta beach, Koisi Hostel features stylish air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi and a communal terrace.At Koisi Hostel you can find both private and dormitory rooms. All dormitory rooms come with capsule bunk beds and nightlight. Some rooms come with private bathroom with shower. Bed linen is provided.You can enjoy the communal lounge, and the glass roof top terrace where the bar and restaurant are placed. The restaurant offers traditional pintxos, and a wide range of homemade meals, including several vegetarian options.Other facilities include touristic activities organization, a 24-hour front desk at the property where touristic advice is provided. Padlocks are available for sale at the reception.El Antiguo district offers shops and bars within a short walking distance. This area is popular for surfing, cultural activities and its gastronomy.La Concha beach is 0.6 mi away from Koisi Hostel, while El Peine del Viento is 0.9 mi away. San Sebastián Airport is 11 mi from the property.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and scenery.
- The staff was extremely friendly. Alex was so informative and nice! The breakfast for €4 was great! Also rented bike for half a day for €10, totally worth it!
- The showers and beds are very comfortable and clean. Lounge rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated.
The hostel is very trendy. We went during the winter season so I can imagine how fun it would be during the summer!
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Bedrooms were clean, beds were comfortable and we even had a kitchenette on our floor.
They rented out bicycles which was a great way to see the city
Would highly recommend
Although the hostel isn’t near the main town, old town or many of the attractions but San Sebastian is so small you can easily walk or the bus system is really great!
- Value, staff, cleanliness, great people, chill, fun vibe.
- good location. very large, new hostel. lovely city.
Albergue Uztartza features free WiFi and views of mountain in Aduna. Among the various facilities of this property are a shared lounge and a bar.Guest rooms at the hostel come with a seating area. Rooms have a shared bathroom.Guests at Albergue Uztartza will be able to enjoy activities in and around Aduna, like hiking.San Sebastián is 12 miles from the accommodation, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 20 miles from Albergue Uztartza.
No reviews yet.
Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea
Offering a terrace and views of the mountain, Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea is set in Asteasu. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a shared lounge at the property.A number of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking. San Sebastián is 9.9 mi from Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 25 mi from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 19 mi away.
- The host family is so kind and friendly. They made an amazing for-course home cooked meal for dinner complete with beer and cider for €15/person, I highly recommend it. Staying here was like visiting family. The home is a 500 year old farm house that has been amazingly remodeled and restored. The property and view is gorgeous and peaceful and safe. It is a 30 minute drive from San Sebastián by car. The rooms are set up bunk-style.
- Lovely! A family run place in the heart of beautiful countryside. Hearty homegrown and homecooked meals are served in the evenings with local cider (or wine or beer) and breakfast is also offered- all at very good prices. The children loved playing with the dogs and other kids in the garden, and we loved having a drink on the patio as the sun set, listening to the birds. Lots of wonderful hillside and country walks can be done nearby, and it is a fairly short drive to beaches at zarutz and San Sebastián. Owners so accommodating and kind. Recommended!👍👍😎😎
- La familia encantadora, el sitio super bonito y muy tranquilo. Nos facilitaron todo tipo de información y detalles de los alrededores.
- Está muy bien situado. A tiro de piedra del monte hernio y de la costa. Emplazamiento espectacular. Alfred y familia te hacen que estés cómo en casa.
- El trato del personal fue exquisito. Alojamiento rural ideal tanto por viajeros que viajan solos como por grupos, famílias o parejas. La casa es un encanto, tanto por dentro (donde tienes de todo, cocina-comedor compartida, posibilidad de que te hagan la comida, estar al lado de la chimenea los días fríos, salón lleno de libros, tv,…) como por fuera (excelente entorno y de gran belleza natural, tranquilidad, posibilidad de hacer varias rutas a pie, fácil aparcamiento, etc…). Además está cerca de Donostia, tanto en coche, como en tren cercanías (unos 25min de trayecto) ya que se puede dejar el coche por ejemplo en la estación de tren de Billabona, a solo 10min del alojamiento, con parking gratis, y vas y vuelves de Donostia por menos de 3€ en un día.
Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea
This colorful hostel is located in Ametzagaña Park, 2.5 mi from the center of San Sebastián. It offers modern rooms and dormitories with free Wi-Fi, individual lockers and a private balcony.Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea’s restaurant serves a range of local and international food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a shared kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Guests have access to a terrace with mountain views.The hostel has a small football pitch, and there is also a terrace with picnic tables and park views. Free on-site parking and a storage room are also available.Each of the bright dormitories has heating and a bathroom with a shower. Bed linen and towels are provided.You can drive to central San Sebastián in 15 minutes from Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea. Here you can find the Kursaal Convention Center, a range of great restaurants and the famous beaches of La Concha and Zurriola.
- Considering the payed money it turned out really well. We just needed a place to stay for the night before travelling further.
- The location is perfect if you like quiet place and there are ways to run your workout, staff is helpful, facilities are large
- For the price great basic hostel style accomodation. Close to the city and Next to a Beautiful park
- It was on top of a hill so the view was pretty. Isolated if you need quiet. Like a small community. There was a restaurant / bar on property.
- clean sheets and kitchen functional and the Mall Ganbera is the only Plus , although a bit walk still
One of our best sellers in San Sebastián! Located 2.7 miles from La Concha Promenade, Balea Hostel in San Sebastián has a shared lounge. Located around 2.9 miles from Victoria Eugenia Theater, the hostel is also 2.9 miles away from Old Town. The tour desk is available to assist guests in planning their days out.You can play ping pong at the hostel.Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium is 3 miles from Balea Hostel. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Friendly staff, unlimited coffee☺️, comfortable beds, value for money
- The showers were spacious though and had hangers and a place to leave your staff, a lot of hostels don’t. They even had a dry-air machine so no extra moisture was around! Friedly stuff and coffee in the morning! The beds had their own plug and light.
- Nice breakfast, coffe and biscuits. Comfortable beds, nice place
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable.
Good location, within walking distance of center.
- the place is very comfortable, super clean and tidy, has everything you need for a perfect stay !! and the best thing is the attention and good vibes of the guys from the Hostel !! I totally recommend it!
Galerna Zarautz Hostel
Located in Zarautz, 2,650 feet from its train station and a 10-minute walk from the beach, Galerna Zarautz Hostel offers beds in dormitory rooms with a shared bathroom.The property includes lockers and a shared lounge with a fridge, including cold drinks. Free WiFi is available in public areas. Bed linen is included, and towels can be rented on site.The surrounding area is popular for hiking and cycling. San Sebastian, with its lovely beaches and busy night-life, can be reached in 18 minutes by car.
- Loved the simplicity the energy of the people there and Lautaro was very willing at all times.
- Good location only a couple of streets away from the beach & on the Camino
- It had shared single sex rooms with hot running water
- Location near public transport and grocery store was good.
- Bathrooms are OK, and it’s quite close to the beach (10 min walk,).
Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta
Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta is located in San Sebastián, 650 feet from Ondarreta Beach. Free WiFi access is available. Extras include bed linen. At Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta you will find a terrace and a shared kitchen. Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities, a shared lounge and a tour desk.The hostel is 1.4 mi from Playa de la Concha, 1.5 mi from Victoria Eugenia Theater and 1.8 mi from Kursaal. Bilbao Airport is 45 mi away.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and scenery.
Everything was perfect, comfy beds and nice staff.
The area is very nice and close to the city center, just 15 minutes walking.
- Bathrooms were clean and nice showers! Hostel was quite modern and rooms were fine!
- When I asked to cancel our second night after being disappointed in the cleanliness and quality, they did so without a question. That’s about it!
- Reception was really nice, great view and clean rooms!
- Really friendly staff and good amount of space even in an 8-person or 10-person room. Private bathrooms for each room and kept relatively clean. Sheets and bedding provided. Looks cool from the outside. Although far from the city center, it is just a short walk to the El Peine del Viento sculpture and close to a cool mountain (Mt. Teide) and Ondarreta Beach which is nice for swimming, surfing and watching surfers.
- Everything was perfect, comfy beds and nice staff.
Top Hostels In Gaztelu Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Gaztelu Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!