Gamboa is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Gamboa. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gamboa. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gamboa. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Gamboa right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Gamboa with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
Skip to the most popular hostels in Gamboa.
10 Best Hostels In Gamboa:
Hostal Amador Familiar
Located in Panama City, 10 miles from Taboga, Hostal Amador Familiar features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking.All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostal Amador Familiar, and Ancón is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Excellent staff, friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble!
- The breakfast was delicious… Staff is friendly and accommodating. It’s located near the bus station, banks, shops, restaurants and the biggest mall in Panama, Albrook Mall. Family friendly too. Great place to relax and have a good vacation or get away. Highly recommended this place.
- not a palace but nice and comfortable. The staff makes it feel like home.
The staff are very helpful, going out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and that I had good information. They love where they live and want you to enjoy it too.
Breakfast was included, but as I need to eat gluten-free and dairy-free, in some places it doesn’t work out for me. This time was wonderful, they went and found gluten-free bread (my first toast in a month!) and almond milk.
They also called an Uber and arranged taxis for me.
An overall lovely experience, if you are looking for a budget accommodation option in Panama City, I highly recommend Hostal Amador Familiar.
- Nice place, good price, child friendly, good location by cab : 5-10min from old town, <5 min from Albrook bus terminal or airport, be aware of the 4pm traffic jam during the week in order to avoid being stuck for a long time in the bus or cab (on Saturday and Sunday no huge traffic). People want to make your stay in panama city great and are very helpful.
Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 14 miles from Taboga, Danicole Hostel features a barbecue and fitness center. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides bike rental. Gamboa is 14 miles from Danicole Hostel, and Ancón is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Danicole Hostel.
- The personal was nice and helpful when necessary and the place is clean. I also enjoyed the outside communal area in the back and thought the big screen in the living room where you could watch movies or tv was a great plus.
- Good size dorm rooms and lockers. Good air con and bathroom in each. One shower upstairs had hot water which was great. Good size kitchen with great utensils. The lovely staff were very helpful. The owner lent us his bus pass for 2 days- the staff also directed us around the city helping us with all information we asked for. They also provided us with oil, salt, pepper and sugar which was helpful when cooking. Great cinema/chill out area and communal spaces. I would definitely stay again. A home away from home. Also- the hostel provided us with drinking water at no extra charge-and towels on the bed were a great touch. gracias!!
- I arrived at 5am in the morning, so had to wake the Owner up. He immidiately prepared a room for me to check in which was awesome. Theybwere really Nice and hostel really clean and great facilities!
- Staff was very friendly AC was controld n no menu set for breakfast.
- Friendly staff. Manager determined to make this hostel a success. Good facilities such as hot showers on the top floor, a well-equipped kitchen, a/c and an excellent WiFi connection. Clean. Location between old and new part of the city. 2 km from Via Argentina metro station. It felt very good to stay in this hostel, because they really want you to feel comfortable and happy.
Mediterranean Dreams El Carmen
Located in Panama City, 14 miles from Taboga, Mediterranean Dreams El Carmen features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking.All rooms include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Mediterranean Dreams El Carmen, and Ancón is 15 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Mediterranean Dreams El Carmen.
- The lady on the evening shift was super helpful with organising an early morning taxi for us to visit the Pipeline Road.
- Great WiFi; nice terrace; good shower; comfortable bed
- The hotel is in a very good location. Close to everything but still not on one of the noisy main roads. It is really really clean and the staff are all very helpful. The internet is blazing fast and so is their laundry service. Really great value for the price. _—————————————————————_
- This is a very clean hotel in a nice residential area. Good wifi and cable TV. There is a very good cafe/ bakery just opposite.
- Bit old but nice and extra clean place in quiet neighbourhood in Panama. Very nice garden for breakfasts
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Los Faroles offers accommodations in Panama City, just 13 miles from Taboga. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Los Faroles, and Ancón is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Los Faroles.
No reviews yet.
Hostel Mamallena is located in the Bellavista neighborhood in Panama City, just 12 miles from Taboga.The rooms come with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostel Mamallena, and Ancón is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 12 miles from Hostel Mamallena.
- Very nice building with amazing art and relaxed atmosphere. Free breakfast. Ok bed. Tour agency for San Blás inside the hostel is super handy!
- Good atmosphere, great laundry service ($5 per wash and done within hours), plenty of places to hang out. Pancake breakfast 🙂
- Hängematten bequem und sehr gut um mit anderen Leuten in Kontakt zu kommen:)
- Schönes Hostel mit Hunden und einem freundlichen Personal und 24std Rezeption. Eine gute Möglichkeit in dem Hostel die Tour auf die San Blas Inseln zu buchen. Frühstück im Preis inbegriffen. Aufbewahren des Reisegepäcks möglich.
- Pancakes ZUM Frühstück waren super, auch war das Personal sehr nett. Die Lage ist in Ordnung, es gibt allerdings nur wenige Restaurants in der Nähe
Hostal Posada 1914
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Posada 1914 offers accommodations in Panama City, just 12 miles from Taboga.There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared kitchen and a gift shop at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostal Posada 1914, and Ancón is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Love the climbing wall and the place is decorated really nicely.
“Hostal Posada 1914” is a hostel, not a Hotel. You have to have this in mind.
For a hostel “Hostal Posada 1914” is a extremly good place!
Best thing is their staff. Very friendly and helpful. 1000 thanks to all of the crew.
Got a question or porblem? Just ask: They will help you!
Reception and Garden are full of nice surprises. Lot’s of funny and helpful items tobr found.
Starting with some drinks and snacks (for sale but cheap) going to swing chairs, free Tea & Coffee,
very nice places to sit and talk and so on…
Small breakfast (toast, butter + some kind of fresh fruits) are included and you have a big kitchen for public use downstairs… So if you want more for breakfast, just do it! (of course there is a fridge)
Only “negative” thing: You always need somebody who let you out because you can’t open the
Hostel gardens door on your own. But is it realy a bad thing? Security and trustment!
- Private rooms are small, but clean, some with a/c. The common area is very nice, makes it easy to meet people. Staff is very helpful and genuinely interested. Bikes can be rented (but no locks!), free breakfast is very small – just toast and coffee.
- Hostel Posada was a really great experience, the hostel is so funky and cool. I was only for one night there but I am sure I would have enjoyed very much a longer stay. It is very relaxing and chilled there, go and check it out!
Single room are comfy, shared bathroom are huge and clean, commun area are awesome and terrace upstairs perfect for morning coffed break. Very close to subway station (5min) that get you to Albrook. Very central, close to the sea and some dinning/bar areas, busses lines 10min walk.
Breakfast is simple but convenient and tasty.
One of our best sellers in Panama City! Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 13 miles from Taboga, Hostel Siriri features a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the pool or city. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostel Siriri, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Very nice breakfast and they also have a very nice pool! 🙂
- Very comfy rooms and facilities, clean environment and pretty furniture
- Free pancakes. We were in a bind with transportation plans getting cancelled and the hostel staff went above and beyond to get us on another shuttle and get us where we needed to go. They really went above and beyond.
- Not far from the city center, rooms look just like in the pictures. Clean bathrooms, no insects
- Very clean, close to restaurants, Hard Rock Cafe, in the middle of the city. The pool is also great and they have a good breakfast!
El Machico Hostel
One of our best sellers in Panama City! Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, El Machico Hostel is located in Panama City in the region of Panama, just 12 miles from Taboga. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at this hostel, and the area is popular for biking. Gamboa is 16 miles from El Machico Hostel, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- The staff are really friendly and helpful. Booked from UK, we also booked our San Blas tour through them San Blas Dreams, all really easy and seemless. All details are on a computer system so no mix up with costs. The pool is lovely, local beer is one dollar and breakfast is provided. We left at 5.30 am to go to San Blas and there were pancakes ready! Stayed in a private double with air con, it’s quite ferocious! Would highly recommend. The room even had towels
- A great place to crash to avoid the noise of Casco Viejo. Helpful staff and comfortable facilities.
- Staff was helpful in booking tours. Free breakfast was delicious and it starts early at 5am. Rooms were clean. Hot water.
- Everything. Very well thought out hostel, great bang for your buck and excellent service and facilities.
- I went in a lot of hostels in Panama and this is the best! Price, tours, organization and position! No doubt about where to stay the next time!
Located in Panama City, 13 miles from Taboga, Zebulo Hostel features a barbecue and views of the garden. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Zebulo Hostel, and Ancón is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Zebulo Hostel.
- Breakfast is amazing, local food very nice. Staff is super friendly and everything is very clean. We love the neighbourhood with lots of local food. The location 10min walk from the Huembes bus station is very convenient.
- The staff was really friendly and helpful when we had questions 🙂
Staff super friendly and always available in helping with any request.
Room and bed are good enough for what you pay.
The common area is very nice, with amacas and place to read or work and the patio.
The building inside looks like kind of colonial despite the fact that is not into the casco viejo.
Very good connected with the metro, which makes the journey easy to the Albrook Mall (bus terminal 0,35$) and to San Miguelito where the bus from/to the Tomecun International Airport passes (0,35$ + 0,25$).
For the price you pay, the breakfast cannot be different than a pan cake made by yourself.
- great place to stay 🙂 only had 1 night there and a 20 hour layover to discover the city and the staff was very nice in giving suggestions on what to do/how to get there etc. the dorm was nice and clean, same as the bathroom.
Really nice and VERY helpful staff!! Very clean rooms, kitchen and bathrooms. Close to shopping centers, the metro and cafes/restaurants and in a safe neighborhood.
Also, it’s easy to go here from the airport by public transport.
Hostal Loco Coco Loco
Showcasing a barbecue and terrace, Hostal Loco Coco Loco is located in Panama City, just 13 miles from Taboga.Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Gamboa is 16 miles from Hostal Loco Coco Loco, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. Tocumen International Airport is 11 miles away.
- Great breakfast! very well located. However a little bit expensive.
- The beds were clean and there was not water which was great as most places in panama only have cold water.
- It’s very well located, the staff is very nice.
The hostel was really cosy with nice garden to hang out. It is really good for meeting other travellers.
The breakfast was basic but good. You could eat as much pancakes as you wanted.
The guys in the reception were helpful with all the information and really nice when I came to check in in the middle of the night.
- They were super friendly. Place was nice and clean. Bathroom was a little interesting but my room had 18 people in it!
Top Hostels In Gamboa Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Gamboa to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Gamboa but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Gamboa. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!