10 Best Hostels To Stay In Formarís Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Formarís Galicia is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Formarís Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Formarís Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Formarís Galicia. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Formarís Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Formarís Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Formarís Galicia:
Albergue Seminario Menor
This hostel is set in a seminary, a 10-minute walk from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral. It is opposite Belvis Park, which offers wonderful views over Santiago’s Old Town. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property.Albergue Seminario Menor offers private single rooms and single beds in large mixed dormitories. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities.Guests can prepare food in one of the common rooms, which has microwaves, electric ovens and some cooking utensils. There are vending machines for drinks and snacks.The hostel has a common room with computers and the use of them is available for a small charge.Luggage storage is provided, and the hostel offers a self-service laundry room.Free public parking is available near the Albergue Seminario Menor, and there is easy access to the AP-9 Motorway.
- Food and wine prices were very reasonable, staff were very pleasant at all times, and premises were fairly clean, given the amount of people going through the hostel every night.
- The large kitchen and dining room is ideal for preparing and sharing meals with a group of friends.
- the location in old monasterio is great, the building itself is impressive. helpfull receptionist damian.
- Just just a few euro more had a private room- very welcome for a pilgrim!
- It was in my budget for a private room. There is a store and cafeteria in rhe basement and full kitchen. So, for the budget pilgrim it is probably ok.
Albergue Turístico Monterrey
Located in Santiago de Compostela, Albergue Turístico Monterrey provides free WiFi. The property is close to Area Central, Santiago de Compostela Convention Center and Point view. Tourism Office is 1.8 miles from the property.All rooms in the hostel are equipped with a coffee machine. The rooms include a closet.Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is 2.2 miles from Albergue Turístico Monterrey, while Area Central Shopping Center is an 8-minute walk away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 8 miles from the accommodation.
Very very fast free wifi
Safety lockers are available for free
Blankets are available for free
Very neat kitchen with all the facilities
- Very close to a bus station. Quieter part of town. Helpful staff. On Camino Frances so could follow the scallop shell markers to find it.
- Friendly staff, not english speaking but friendly.
- The toilet is clean and the room is they let us choose a room.
- Well actually I booked it because I need to attend an event in santiago but I find the hostel very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly and professional. Nothing wrong against this hostel really its a value for money one ! It’s near to Canceleras a Shopping mall and where you can find out a food court too so its easy and even you have the bus no.11 or no.4 coming from the mall and going to the main centre in santiago so its really easy to move around.
- Friendly people
Albergue Turistico la Credencial
Albergue Turistico la Credencial offers accommodations in Santiago de Compostela, 20 minutes’ walk from the Catedral. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.The rooms come with bunk beds, and the shared bathrooms are equipped with showers. Individual lockers are available for the guests.There is a shared kitchen at the property, with a microwave and stove top. There is also a communal lounge with a seating are and a flat-screen TV. Laundry service is available for a surcharge.The hostel also offers car hire. Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is 0.7 mi from Albergue Turistico la Credencial, while Tourism Office is 0.9 mi from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 6.2 mi away.
- Very clean and beds are comfortable, friendly staff. Kitchen is pretty well equipped! Would recommend!
- Wifi signal, clean kitchen, bathrooms and free stuff to use in the bathroom (Big bonus)
- The bed was clean and comfy. The shared bathrooms had multiple restroom and shower stalls, which is very convenient. The kitchen/shared living room space is modern and has a fridge. The storage room was a great bonus, since we were allowed to leave our large backpacks there while visiting the Cathedral.
- Staff was very helpful. Facilities were very nice.
Kitchen with kitchenware
Albergue Roots & Boots
One of our best sellers in Santiago de Compostela! Located in the historic city center of Santiago de Compostela, Roots & Boots is set in attractive gardens. It features free WiFi and a communal kitchen.Each attractive, heated dorm and room at Roots & Boots has simple décor. There is a free bedding kit and guests have access to shared bathroom facilities.Roots & Boots serves breakfast in its dining room, or on the terrace overlooking the gardens. There is a range of cafes, bars and restaurants within 10 minutes’ walk of the hostel.Santiago de Compostela Cathedral and the surrounding old town are within 5 minutes’ walk of Roots & Boots. Airport buses leave from the city’s railway station, 1.2 mi from the hostel.
- The staff, the garden in the back, the fellow peregrines and it’s kitchen and breakfast area
- The place is quiet close enough with the cathedral. The staff is helpful. It has small garden on the backyard which is quiet nice.
- THIS IS A HOSTEL FOR PILGRIMS OF THE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELLA. THEY KICK IT OLD SCHOOL HERE, ONLY WITH COMFORTS. THE CATHEDRAL IS CLOSE, INFACT THE PLACE HAS A VEW ITIS SO CLOSE. THERES A LOVELY PATIO WITH VIEW OF THE MOUNTAINS. THE PRICE, EVEN IN HIGH SEASON, IS GOOD. THE DECOR IS BEAUTFUL WITH REAL WOOD FLOORS AND HEAVY FURNISHINGS.
- Super nice and helpful staff. Location was great, not too far from Plaza. Nice garden patio to relax. Laundry service at great price. Held our backpacks for no charge while we attended Pilgrim’s Mass. Offered some drinks and may have had some food as well. Appeared to be family run? and their passion for helping pilgrims was evident.
- Family staff was very very kindly with me, courtesy, lovely, just that every people need after finish the James Way.
Located in Santiago de Compostela, 1,950 feet from Tourism Office, Albergue Compostela features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.Santiago de Compostela Cathedral is 0.6 mi from Albergue Compostela, while Point view is 1.4 mi from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 6.8 mi away.
- A little off beaten path..but walkable to old town…clean, good lockers…curtained off beds…kitchen area
- Staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Made me welcome and they really wanted me to enjoy my stay.
- The facility was large and offered many services. The lounge was large and comfortable, although it was noisy at times and always had rather loud music playing. We liked the beds that had curtains to draw and lights inside. It was close to the train station which was nice when we had to catch an early train.
- bathroom not clean and stinky, run out of toilet paper. amazing stuff.
- It was a last minute booking for just one night so I got what I was expecting. Great location. Quick walk to the old part of town and train station. Very clean property and super friendly staff.
Hostal La Salle
Hostal La Salle is located in Santiago de Compostela’s beautiful Old Town, just 8 minutes’ walk from the cathedral. It offers a 24-hour reception and rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at the La Salle feature tiled floors and simple, classic-style décor. They have a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.There is also an annex with dormitory rooms with free Wi-Fi and a wardrobe. Towels, bed linen and toiletries are provided.The guest house has vending machines for snacks and drinks. There is a variety of good restaurants within a 10-minute walk.The La Salle is just 800 feet from Santo Domingo de Bonaval Park. You can drive to Santiago Airport in 15 minutes.
Reception fantastic. Very helpful.
Room was exactly as described.
- In my opinion…helpful staff…very nice room…best secured bicycle parking in Santiago!!!
- Room was wonderful. It did have a fan to move the air.
- Not too far from centro . Great staff . Loved the simple private room and bath so comfortable with nice window .
- Great albergue good practice and location. Breakfast cheap but enough
- Reception fantastic. Very helpful.
Albergue Acuario is a 20 minute walk from the center of Santiago de Compostela, on the Number 6 Bus route. It offers bunk beds in mixed dormitory rooms with free Wi-Fi.Each brightly decorated dormitory has heating. There are shared bathroom facilities with a shower and hairdryer.There are vending machines for drinks and snacks. Within a 5 minute walk you will find shops, bars and restaurants.Free parking is available nearby and you can rent a bike from the tour desk. There is a laundry service and free luggage storage.
- Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean showers and sleeping areas. A good choice for walking on the Camino. Helped others to find beds after they were full.
- Atmosphere. Some would call it “hippy” or whatever the current equivalent is. I find it calm, easy-going, pleasant.
- The place is cool and accessible to the bus station, shopping malls and some good restaurants. The staffs are helpful and accommodating. The facilities are good.
- The people were friendly and the decorating was funky
- Ambience very much adjusted to pilgrims. It also felt very Galician – it was not over-international, bland, or samey.
Hostal Airas Nunes
One of our top picks in Santiago de Compostela.Set in a restored 18th-century building, 350 feet from Santiago Cathedral, Pousadas de Compostela Airas Nunes offers views of its towers. It features rooms with air conditioning and free WiFi.The charming, spacious rooms at Pousadas de Compostela Airas Nunes maintain original features, such as wooden beams and stone walls. They include satellite TV, coffee and tea facilities. The private bathroom comes with hairdryer and amenities.The property offers an automatic check-in machine. Guests are within walking distance of many restaurants and bars in the Galician capital.Plaza de Abastos is nearby and hosts a market during the week selling local produce.
- This hostal far exceeded our expectations. The location was in the center of all the main attraction and shopping, the ream was spotlessly clean and the staff was amazing. I truly felt at home here. Our rooms on the third floor included a seating area between them, so we were able to hang out before retiring. The extra touch of a tea maker and instant coffee in the room was great. I have paid the same amount for a very lousy AirBnB in Santiago…you will not regret a stay here. Do not let the computer check in stop you from staying here….take it slow, follow the prompts and you will be fine.
- Great location, nice beds, historic building, wonderful place next to the cathedral.
- Spectacular staff, location and amenities. They let me leave my luggage at the front desk earl so I could go to the pilgram mass. When I returned my pack was in my room. Promptly got my wake up call. Insant coffee in the morning was all I needed to get going again.
- Friendly staff, comfortable beds and soap in the bathrooms!
Excellent location in the old town. Very short walk to the cathedral, restaurants and shops. After our Camino, it was quite a lovely accommodation (with air conditioning) and we had a peaceful and restful 3 nights stay.
The room was huge by European standards and nicely decorated. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to others.
One of our best sellers in Santiago de Compostela! Boasting a garden, terrace and free WiFi, Santiago KM-0 is set in Santiago de Compostela, 350 feet from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, 350 feet from the Pilgrim Office, and 1,650 feet from the Tourism Office.At the hostel, each room is equipped with a locker. Santiago KM-0 provides certain units that feature mountain views, and every room has a shared bathroom with a shower.Speaking English, Spanish and Portuguese, staff will be happy to provide guests with practical guidance on the area at the 24-hour front desk.Raxoi Palace is 350 feet from the accommodations, while Plaza del Obradoiro is a 2-minute walk from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 6.8 mi from the property.
- Was walking the Camino and this was by far the nicest hostel I stayed in. Staff are super nice and the beds provide and well needed rest after the walk. So worth the 15 euro a night. And a minute from the square
- Excellent location, nice staff, clean facilities, and good security. Also, each bed (at least in the 4-bed dorm) had its own personal locker. The key card issued to each guest works for the front door, the room door and the locker. There is a vending machine in the kitchen for hot coffee, hot milk, cappuccino, etc.
- Actually the property was very nice but I gave them a low rating because my Visa card fell through a crack on the wooden frame of bed and they wouldn’t do anything about it.
- it is very close to the Chatedral, and I am happy I got a room in short notice. Overal ok place, the people working there was nice to me. Good they have a fridge to have food inn. Good and needed to have a locker.
- Room is extremely clean and even has a balcony!!! I watched the sunset and it was so beautiful. (but this also means that the room is hot in the afternoon hehehe…)
Blanco Albergue has rooms in Santiago de Compostela. Featuring a shared lounge, the hostel is close to several noted attractions, around a 19-minute walk from Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, 1.1 miles from Tourism Office and a 3-minute walk from Monastery of San Martin Pinario. The property is 2.5 miles from Area Central and 3.2 miles from Santiago de Compostela Convention Center.Point view is 3.2 miles from the hostel, while Raxoi Palace is a 19-minute walk away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 9 miles from Blanco Albergue.
- Clean, wonderful friendly staff, privacy curtains, great view of the chapel
- Wonderful people working there, the bed is very comfortable and the curtains give good privacy. Very clean space!
- It was a well-laid out hostel, so noise from common areas was minimal and the curtains on the bunk beds helped make it quieter, more private and darker. They cleaned often. The lockers worked very well and were large enough to hold everything. And, when I had to cancel one night, the owner generously refunded my money. Great guy and great staff!
Clean and comfortable
Nice beds wit good privacy
Air conditioned and real liners and towels.
Vitor help and take care of you and you fell like in home
- We booked 3 single beds in the hostel but when we got there they offered us a private triple room in a shared and modern apartment for the same price. We took it and it was great.
Top Hostels In Formarís Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Formarís Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Formarís Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Formarís Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!