10 Best Hostels To Stay In El Valle Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
El Valle Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in El Valle Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Valle Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Valle Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in El Valle Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in El Valle Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In El Valle Basque Country:
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Bide-Ona offers accommodations in Portugalete, 2,300 feet from Vizcaya Bridge.All rooms are heated and have a wardrobe.There is a shared lounge at the property with flat-screen TV and a communal area with a microwave, fridge and coffee and tea facilities.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 6.2 mi from the property.
- Great location great staff and great facility for a hiatal.
- It’s a hostel so your expectations are downgraded. Reasonable. Nice breakfast. Good host.
- For an albergue this is an exceptionally nice place. Nice kitchen, bathroomS, salon and staff.
- Martin is a great host…he is just one of those people! I can’t say enough…he is happy and helpful..he personally serves you breakfast. He made the whole stay worth it. The place is very clean.
- Clean. I left my towel there. I called the next day to make sure the towel was there. I planned to take a bus back since i was walking the Camino. The owner was kind enough to drive to where i was staying and brought my towel. Thank you very much.
Albergue Areitz Soroa Casa Rural
Areitz Soroa is set in Arce, 20 mi from Bilbao and 14 mi from Castro-Urdiales. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Isla is 43 mi from Areitz Soroa, while Valle De Villaverde is 9.3 mi away. Bilbao Airport is 22 mi from the property.
- Your host receives you with a very warm welcome. this charming hostel is in a fantastic setting and very family friendly, plus a delicious self service breakfast to get you started for the day.
- The place is a hostel so expect hostel-like comfort. That said, it had everything you could need, including a kitchen, full en-suite, etc. If you have kids, the owners also run a small farm, bake bread, etc.
- The location was great, close enough to go for a day to Bilbao, lovely surroundings. The owner Jon was very friendly, helpful and chatty.
- Very friendly owner! He even served us some breakfast, tea and coffee though we thought it was not included. Great quiet place to stay and relax for few days!
- La sensación de estar como en casa y a la vez el contacto con el campo y sobre todo los dueños, su amabilidad y dar la información q necesitas para conocer la zona.
Moana Surf Hostel
Located in Urduliz, 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches on the Bay of Biscay, Moana Surf Hostel features an indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
Hostel close to surf spots.
- Everything good. Just a little noisy. A very beautiful place.
- How friendly the staff were. It felt like being with old friends.
- we had our own room, the noise levels were kept to a minimum after 11pm which is great for a hostel. breakfast was included and was sufficient.
- The place looks fabulous, has a nice small indoor pool, summer terrace, clean and comfortable rooms and everything. Plus the location is perfect for visiting Bilbao, since you can go by car to the Metro station (3 minutes by car or 30min walk) and park there all day for free. The younger lady who is in charge of the accommodation was very nice and helpful.
- Friendly staff.
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel
Bilbao Akelarre Hostel offers shared rooms with lockers and free WiFi 20 minutes’ walk from Bilbao city center. Deusto Metro Station is 600 metes away. The Guggenheim Museum is a 20-minute walk from the property, while the Euskalduna Palace is a 10-minute walk away.Rooms feature bunk beds and come with shared bathrooms. Guests can make use of a microwave, a fridge and kitchenware. Laundry service is available upon request.You can get tourist information of the area at the hostel and there is also a bicycle rental service.Ría de Bilbao Sea Museum is within 2,800 feet of Bilbao Akelarre Hostel. You can walk to the University of Deusto in under 20 minutes and the University of Sarriko is a 10-minute walk away. San Mames Football Stadium is only 5 minutes away by car. Bilbao Airport is 7.5 mi away.
The staff were very helpful. They suggested the good places to visit, to eat and what transportation to take.
On my last day I had to leave at 6 in the morning. Even though the breakfast starts at 8, they had packed me a picnic for the morning.
Felt so warm and welcome, especially with the multi-cultural environment.
- Place was close to downtown and quiet. I liked the price and the sympathy of the host. It is a simple hostel but you have everything you need to spend a good night for a few bucks. Definitely recommend this place for travelers.
- Great staff. Good free all day coffee and a very clean hostel.
- Convenient walk into town- good size hostel, not too big, not too small
I booked 6-persons room but later accidentally given to 12-persons, when I told this to the staff they immediatel solved the problem and gave me a small discount.
Breakfast was good compare to other hostels.
The location is not that bad, it is in a safe neighborhood. But requires 10 minutes of walking to get to Guggenheim.
- The staff were very helpful. They suggested the good places to visit, to eat and what transportation to take.
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
This simple, functional hostel is set 10 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum. It offers heated dormitory and private rooms, 5 minutes’ walk from Deusto Metro Station.Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared private bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 mi from the historic center and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The city of Bilbao is a pocket-friendly place in a way where everything is simple and straightforward. You only need to spend 1.45 euros to hop on a transfer from airport to centre and the same on the way back (green bus 47). The hotel was a warm welcoming place within walking distance from centre ~ (15 min walk) will make you feel you are at home. It is quieter than I expected for a hostel and I managed to have a private room which was very good.
- The property was in a great location for walking to the main city, and the bathrooms were very clean.
- Clean, tidy, good WiFi in quite an interesting location with a place to store my bicycle.
- Everything was great and the room that I stayed was for 6 people but one guy and I stayed there!! I really love so stay again!
- It’s great if you’re looking to spend very little money. After having some roommates the first night that made me feel uncomfortable, the hotel let me stay in a room by myself and didn’t charge me extra. I’m appreciative of their understanding.
Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel is set next to the A8 Motorway and is 10 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Surrounded by gardens and sports grounds, this hostel features a buffet restaurant and a 24-hour reception.Each modern room and dorm at Bilbao Aterpetxea Hostel has heating, a desk and a private or shared bathroom. All accommodations offers views of Bilbao.There is a shared lounge area with a TV and a dining area. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.You can make use of sports facilities including football, basketball courts and table tennis. Free parking is available onsite for cars and bikes.Olabeaga and Autonomía train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Aterpetxea, and connect you to the city center in 10 minutes. You can take the bus or tram to the Guggenheim Museum, 1.9 mi away.
- great hospitality. great value. Are there hostels like this in the USA
- The property itself is very nice, good breakfast and close to the Thermibus.
The location is great. It is easy to park the car and to go to city center by bus. The room was clean, and the staff was helpfull.
Even with 3 small children it was a good place to stay.
- The staff was great. The facilities were immaculate. Keep in mind, it is a hostel, but probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The breakfast was excellent.
- Nice breakfast and sitting area. Has free on sight parking, which is convenient if you have a car. I have expected to see backpackers in the hostel, but mainly that were local people traveling in families. I had problems to get to it by car, however, it was easy on the way out. I haven’t visited city, but it looked more than walking distance from the hostel. This place looks good for overnight during road trip.
Barrika Surf Camp
Located in Barrika, Barrika Surf Camp offers barbecue facilities. Featuring a shared lounge, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Facilities include a playground and free WiFi is accessible.The shared bathroom is equipped with a shower.The hostel has a terrace. A range of activities are offered in the area, such as snorkeling and cycling.Bilbao is 13 miles from Barrika Surf Camp, while Castro-Urdiales is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 miles from the property.
- My family and I stayed in a yerk on the property. It was are first time staying at a hostel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- Great surf hostel and location in the middle of the nature with some shared space for networking but also enough space to enjoy some solo time. Good breakfast and meals! And really clean!surf classes were good and with professional and nice teachers!
- Owners are very well prepared to receive guests as well as to ensure surfing lessons are of great quality. Also they were very kind to provide transfer to the airport at no cost! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and look forward to come again.
- Lugar con una súper buena relación calidad-precio! Todo está impecable y limpísimo! Ambiente acogedor y muy surfer!
- El trato es excelente. Tanto Lurta como Isaro e Iñigo son muy amables y se mostraron disponibles en todo momento. El ambiente con el resto de huespedes también fue agradable. Un lugar MUY recomendable!! Eskarrik asko!!
Pil Pil Hostel Bilbao
Pil Pil Hostel is just 1 minute’s walk from Athletic Bilbao’s iconic San Mamés Stadium. With no curfew or lock-out, it offers dormitories with individual lockers.Guests at the Pil Pil have free access to the shared kitchen, and there is free tea and coffee all day. There is also a TV lounge with board games, as well as a shared patio.You can use the hostel’s printer if you need to print out a boarding pass but there is a surcharge. There is also luggage storage and bicycle parking on site.Free maps and city guides are available at reception. Pil Pil Hostel is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, and Eskalduna Convention Center is 8 minutes away.The hostel is next to San Mamés Metro Station and Sabino Arana Tram Stop. It is 4 minutes’ walk from the airport bus stop and San Mamés Train Station.
- Good location, as it’s close to the bus station and a neighborhood of bars and clubs.
- Very good hostel! Everything new, modern and clean. The breakfast has lots of nice quality food. Definitely over the average of hostels.
Beds were comfortable, wifi was GREAT, and the lockers were big enough to store a 60-70L backpack – a rare find!
Breakfast was basic (muffins, cereal and juice/coffee) but not so bad considering its free!
Staff were friendly and helpful.
The common bathrooms were plenty and clean.
The room was neat and spacious.
- The staff is super nice and recommended the best places to see and visit. The location is excelent, close to pubs and transportation. They clean the rooms and bathrooms every day.
Bilbao Metropolitan Hostel by Bossh Hotels
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Featuring a shared lounge, Bilbao Metropolitan Hostel by Bossh Hotels is located in Bilbao, 1.1 miles from Catedral de Santiago. The property is around 1.3 miles from San Mamés Stadium and 1.3 miles from Arriaga Theatre. Euskalduna Conference Centre and Concert Hall is 1.3 miles from the hostel and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum is 1.3 miles away.All rooms at the hostel are equipped with a seating area. Guest rooms at Bilbao Metropolitan include air conditioning and a closet.Funicular de Artxanda is 1.5 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 9 miles from Bilbao Metropolitan Hostel by Bossh Hotels.
You need to enter a pin code to get into the hostel and into the rooms. No key is needed. That was good.
The receptionist who attended me was really nice and friendly !! I felt really like home.
- The location was good. Walking distance to the Guggenheim, Old Town, etc. Very clean, plenty of hot water, good security. Great, fast Wi-Fi, nice big free lockers in the rooms. Quiet. Meets minimal requirements.
- The staff was very helpful and nice. Rooms were warm, with bath, and comfortable. The location is also very good, it is close to the center and there is a supermarket just under the building. The lobby is also very useful there is a kitchen and you can have coffee or tea from there. Totally recommended!
- Location, price and that they stored my bags until 23:00 the day I checked out. The lounge was also nice with big tv and also two computers.
- The locations is great. We really like the hostel- clean sheets and room.
- You need to enter a pin code to get into the hostel and into the rooms. No key is needed. That was good.
Bilbao Central Hostel
Just over a quarter mile from Plaza Moyua and Gran Vía Avenue, Bilbao Central Hostel features a 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi. Colorful rooms come with air conditioning and lockers.The hostel has a free Internet computer area and a shared lounge with sofas and TV. Free Wi-Fi is also available throughout the property. A coin-operated washing machine and dryer are also available.A breakfast is served every morning at Bilbao Central Hostel. You can also prepare your own meals using the modern kitchen equipped with fridge and microwave.The guesthouse is a 15-minute walk from Guggenheim Museum and just a 10-minute walk from Museum of Artistic Reproductions. Bilbao Central Hostel is well connected with public transportation; both Abando and Moyua Metro Stations are a 5-minute walk from the property.
- The staff is really nice and the host is pretty handsome.
- Central location. Facility is a very large hostel—almost industrial-feeling, yet the do a good job…clean and organized. Nice common space and ok breakfast. Good value, but definitely a big hostel—8 per room in 4 bunk beds.
- The stuffs were really nice and friendly. Good location and very cheap.
- The staff was very polite, helpful and nice and the rooms are for 6 people only, with good space between the beds and lockers are inside the rooms.
- Really nice staff. Very good location. Some shared bathroom were a full bathroom (shower + toilet + handwasher)
Top Hostels In El Valle Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in El Valle Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in El Valle Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in El Valle Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!