10 Best Hostels To Stay In El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In El Castillo De La Fortuna Alajuela:
Arenal Hostel Resort
One of our best sellers in Fortuna! Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a year-round outdoor pool, Arenal Hostel Resort offers accommodations in Fortuna. The hotel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the pool or garden. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Monte Verde is 17 miles from Arenal Hostel Resort, and Santa Elena is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 44 miles from Arenal Hostel Resort.
- This was an amazing resort. Everything was great. It’s right in the middle of all the action in La Fortuna. The rooms are very clean and have air/heat that you can control. The showers are nice and hot with great water pressure. The views of the volcano are amazing. There is staff 24 hours and great security. The grounds are well maintained. There are two pools one of which is heated and has a waterfall with a swim up bar. The bar is awesome! Drinks are super cheap and delicious and you can pay with American money or Colones! Shutout to Cesar and Fabio the amazingly fun bartenders!! They even have a spa onsite where you can get an awesome massage At reception Kamila is awesome she can book all your adventure activities and it’s super affordable with transportation! Do yourself a favor if you’re staying in La Fortuna and want a great vacation go to Arenal Hostel!!!
- Property was quaint with a lively atmosphere. Staff was generally good with a couple of exceptions. Most of the staff spoke enough English to make communicating comfortable.
- Excellent location! Great place to merge the benefits of an hotel and an hostel!
- I liked the location. The hammocks were a very nice touch
- Large room, with a good hot shower. Hammocks in the outdoor area were a lovely place to relax, and it was nice to have a small pool to cool down in. Really good location. Friendly staff.
Cerro Chato Ecolodge
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the mountains, Cerro Chato Ecolodge is located in Fortuna in the region of Alajuela, just 15 miles from Monte Verde. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find ticket service at the property.Car rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- The cabins and surrounding gardens were beautiful, with a great view of the volcano. The bathroom was a good size with a great shower, good water pressure. There is a local bus you can take downtown for less than one dollar, and there are restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance. If you are sporty, you can walk to the waterfall (about 45 minutes uphill) or the Arenal Observatory, where we even saw toucans. There are many tours you can book from the front desk, and the family that owns the ecolodge is very nice.
Quiet. Good size room. Basic but hot water ok.breakfast good but could have done with a second coffee.
Miguel and his son were helpful organising tours.
- Beautiful location with private lodges. Really friendly and helpful staff. Shuttle service to the town. Great, filling breakfast.
- The tranquility. The view. Miguel very helpful. Just a nice vibe.
Cosy, clean, comforable bed, great shower! Very informative and helpful staff. Not trying to rip you off over all the touristy things that surround you.
Awesome breakfast !!
Arenal Backpackers Resort
One of our best sellers in Fortuna! Located in Fortuna in the region of Alajuela, 16 miles from Monte Verde, Arenal Backpackers Resort features a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the mountains or pool.There is a tour desk at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 45 miles from Arenal Backpackers Resort.
- We loved the hammocks outside and you are very central in the town. The room was comfortable and the a/c wasn’t too loud.
We came for one night. We took a private room that was large, clean and comfortable.
The location is great, 5 minutes from the center of La Fortuna, on the main street, with no noise.
Nice and helpful staff.
I would go there again and send my friends there.
- Close to volcano, hot springs, activities, nice staff, nice pool, good rooms, parkinglot, near to city
- The pool & location were great. The room was super clean also.
- Great location, very comfy for a hostel experience. Super helpful staff.
Hostel Backpackers La Fortuna
Hostel Backpackers La Fortuna is located in Fortuna, 17 miles from Monte Verde and 16 miles from Santa Elena. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides car rental. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 45 miles away.
- Reception very nice, it was great to get a complimentary drink! room was clean, we traveled with a baby and it was quiet for her to sleep.
- The location, right on the main road, with plenty of restaurants and cafés nearby
- The staff was SO HELPFUL. We booked a chocolate tour and there was a miscommunication between the farm and us where they never picked us up and they helped us call and sort everything out so we didn’t miss our tour. They didn’t try to brush of are troubles but were happy to help. The rooms were super clean, it was the only hostel I stayed at where I frequently saw workers cleaning. This hostel is part of a group of hostels in La Fortuna and it allows you to have access to their amenities such as hot tubs, pools, hammocks, bar and restaurants as long as you have their wristband on. They also give you a coupon for a free drink when you check in which was cool too. They also have a concierge that helps books day trips and excursions. You pay more but you definitely get more. ALSO the location is literally in the middle of downtown La Fortuna.
- There is a pool available and a little kitchen. The parking is private and locked with a gate at night so I felt our car was in a safe place. Love the hammocks!
- The staff was very friendly, the rooms were actually tended to every day (which is rare for a hostel), and it was located right downtown near all the taxis and an $8 ride away from anywhere you’d need to go in terms of volcanoes/waterfalls.
Cabinas Vista Al Golfo
One of our best sellers in Monteverde! Cabinas Vista Al Golfo is located in the Santa Elena neighborhood in Monte Verde, 17 miles from Fortuna and 1,000 feet from Santa Elena.Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from Cabinas Vista Al Golfo.
Santa Elena is a great choice for travelers interested in outdoor activities, scenery and beautiful forests.
- Room was clean. Friendly and helpful staff, good location. Tasty breakfast. Big terrace with nice view and comfy hammocks.
- The location was great, within walking distance to many restaurants. The check in was very easy and informative and Eric made us feel very comfortable and helped me practice my Spanish. He gave a lot of great advice about the area and helped us book all of our tours, which we loved! All the staff were super friendly and the breakfast was a bonus! The view from the property is amazing at sunset and there are so many great places to sit and hang out. The room was clean and quiet and even had a tv. I would definitely recommend this place for others to stay. Eric and the rest of the staff made it even better!
- I loved the terrasse with hanging chairs. The breakfast is included and is good. The location is great, near restaurants and supermarkets.
- Eric at the front desk was amazing! Set us up with everything we needed. We even called him for help from a different place and he fixed our issue. He’s so great!
- The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The dorms were really private and quiet. Great location outside the center with a nice view. Probably the most organized hostel I’ve ever been to.
Arenal Container Hostel
Located in Fortuna, 16 miles from Monte Verde, Arenal Container Hostel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom.You will find concierge services at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking. The hostel also provides car rental. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- The staff were very helpful and welcaming. the hostel was clean and The kitchen was very well equipped. They had hot water and the Wi-Fi was working all over the hostel area. Staying there was great.
- The style and comfort are outstanding. The owner is a really nice guy. He left us is number in case we are in any kind of trouble in costa rica. The facilities are brand new, we were actually the very first guest he ever had so it was not completely finished and it was still the best place we stayed so far. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom and the shower were big. The location was great, right next to many restaurants.
- Danny and Irina are cheerful and attentive owners. The place is brand new so everything is super fresh. Location is right on the main drag in La Fortuna, so it’s easy walking to everything in town. The tour and activity support they offered helped us frame the rest of our trip and all the recommendations were top notch.
- Es nuevo por lo que todo esta en perfectas condiciones. La ayuda y consejos con los tour en la recepción. La cama es bastante cómoda y hay alquiler de bicicletas.
- Dans le centre, propreté, personnel très sympathique, clim’
Arenal Glamping Hostel
Located in Fortuna, 17 miles from Monte Verde, Arenal Glamping Hostel features free WiFi access and free private parking.Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 43 miles from the property.
- Nice Host who was Always helpful, nice kitchen with many tools
- The owner was nice and help us to get around. Make you feel at home. The big room (we were in two) was not bad.
- The staff was very nice, the kitchen was very equipped.
- Good facilities, could make use of the kitchen. The main double room with its own bathroom was excellent. Can walk to town in 15 minutes. Very friendly and helpful owner.
Wonderful Family. Very helpful and Lovely. Great Information about Tours (Hiking, rafting….and also about free tours/activities) and nice sodas.
House with nice and clean rooms, kitchen, private Parking, Breakfast if you like (tico or interbational), great Garden and Terrace. About 1 km to the city Center, perfekt for relaxing after a busy day.
We loved to stay here for 2 Nights.
Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel offers accommodations in Monte Verde.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Fortuna is 16 miles from Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel, and Santa Elena is 350 feet from the property. Tambor Airport is 42 miles away.
Santa Elena is a great choice for travelers interested in outdoor activities, scenery and beautiful forests.
- Very friendly, family runned hostel. Great breakfast. Organised all amazing Mobteverde activities such as extreme canopy and sunset horseriding.
Location – very central and close to lots of restaurants.
Able to book tours easily from here.
Hot water in the shower.
Bonne emplacement geogrphique bien que sur une route fréquentée!
Un accueil tres sympathique et une grande disponibilité.
Petit dejeuner tres correcte avec assiette de fruits, cereales, oeuf et toast.
- De eigenaar is zeer behulpzaam en betrokken. Goede adviezen over wat er te doen is. Uitgebreid ontbijt en een zeer goede ligging.
- המארח היה מדהים עזר בהכל,העיצוב בחדרים היה נחמד,חדר גדול ומרווח,ממוקם במרכז המסחרי, המטבח מאובזר היטב
Located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna, Hammock House features free WiFi access and free private parking.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Santa Elena is 650 feet from Hammock House, and Puntarenas is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 42 miles from Hammock House.
- Fantastic breakfast with lots of options (including eggs and toast!). Staff were very helpful with booking activities. Showers we’re hot (ask if you have trouble) and towels we’re included.
- Rustic facilities but has one beautifully renovated bathroom and shower. You don’t need much more since you’ll be out and about on hikes and tours most of your time in monteverde! So much to do! Hot water always available:) staff are very helpful and friendly !!! Breakfast is biggest in all my travels in Costa Rica :)) very chill vibe, location is Great, super close to downtown but still very peaceful. Very easy to meet likeminded travelers!
- Lovely staff, very helpful! Location was perfect. Place was clean. Breakfast was great. Free coffee and tea throughout the day.
- Good location, very comfortable, lovely chill out area, good kitchen, hot shower, plenty of toilets, friendly and helpful staff. Super clean and a FANTASTIC breakfast!!
- Super staff, great location and fantastic breakfast
Cozy House offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared kitchen and a hairdresser’s at the property.Fortuna is 16 miles from Cozy House, and Santa Elena is 1,000 feet from the property. Tambor Airport is 42 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Top Hostels In El Castillo De La Fortuna Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!