10 Best Hostels To Stay In Eguía Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Eguía Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Eguía Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Eguía Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Eguía Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Eguía Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Eguía Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Eguía Basque Country:
Set on the Universidad del País Vasco’s campus, Olarain is 1,650 feet from San Sebastian’s Ondarreta Beach. It offers rooms with private bathrooms.Facilities at Olarain include a fitness center, paddle tennis and multi-use sports courts. There is also a games room and a sauna. Private car parking is available for a surcharge, while parking for motorcycles and bycicles is offered for free.The functional bedrooms all feature simple décor and have heating. Each has a work desk and free WiFi.Olarain has a large café-bar area, in the living room and in the library. There is also a computer room with free internet access.Olarain is set less than 1.2 mi from San Sebastian’s old town and the famous La Concha Bay. The number 5 and 25 busses to the city center stop 1,000 feet away.
Slept well–after we were supplied with a fan for the room.
Great buffet breakfast.
- The hotel was very clean, and the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful, speaking enough English to easily answer any questions we had. The dining hall offered basic but generously portioned meals for a low price.
- The ambience! It is an excellent option for being in San Sebastian!
- Nice facility with nicely furnished rooms at a reasonable price. Location was walkable to the beach.
- This was great value for money as a solo female traveller. It was a little bit away from the action, but only a 10/15 min walk and is well serviced by buses. It was immaculately clean and had good access to facilities like laundry. It was very safe and comfortable.
- Slept well–after we were supplied with a fan for the room.
Set in El Antiguo district in San Sebastián, 2,650 feet from Ondarreta beach, Koisi Hostel features stylish air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi and a communal terrace.At Koisi Hostel you can find both private and dormitory rooms. All dormitory rooms come with capsule bunk beds and nightlight. Some rooms come with private bathroom with shower. Bed linen is provided.You can enjoy the communal lounge, and the glass roof top terrace where the bar and restaurant are placed. The restaurant offers traditional pintxos, and a wide range of homemade meals, including several vegetarian options.Other facilities include touristic activities organization, a 24-hour front desk at the property where touristic advice is provided. Padlocks are available for sale at the reception.El Antiguo district offers shops and bars within a short walking distance. This area is popular for surfing, cultural activities and its gastronomy.La Concha beach is 0.6 mi away from Koisi Hostel, while El Peine del Viento is 0.9 mi away. San Sebastián Airport is 11 mi from the property.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and scenery.
The hostel is very trendy. We went during the winter season so I can imagine how fun it would be during the summer!
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Bedrooms were clean, beds were comfortable and we even had a kitchenette on our floor.
They rented out bicycles which was a great way to see the city
Would highly recommend
Although the hostel isn’t near the main town, old town or many of the attractions but San Sebastian is so small you can easily walk or the bus system is really great!
- Value, staff, cleanliness, great people, chill, fun vibe.
- good location. very large, new hostel. lovely city.
- Very comfy beds. Room with ensuite bathroom very good. Excellent location on a quiet street. Even a secured space to store our bikes.
- Mattress was comfortable. Showers were clean and spacious. Air conditioner worked well.
- The hostel is very trendy. We went during the winter season so I can imagine how fun it would be during the summer!
One of our best sellers in San Sebastián! Offering air-conditioned rooms in the Gros district of San Sebastián, Koba Hostel is 0.8 miles from Old Town. The property is located one mile from Victoria Eugenia Theater, one mile from Calle Mayor and one mile from Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium. The property is 1.6 miles from Santa Clara Island.The rooms in the hostel are equipped with a coffee machine. Each room comes with a private bathroom with a shower, while selected rooms will provide you with a kitchen with a microwave. Guest rooms will provide guests with a toaster.A continental breakfast is available each morning at the property.Koba Hostel has a terrace.The 24-hour front desk can offer helpful tips for getting around the area.La Concha Promenade is 1.6 miles from the accommodation. San Sebastián Airport is 12 miles from the property.
Gros is a great choice for travelers interested in food, bars and gourmet food.
- Awesome staff! Location, yummy breakfast, best value for the money.
pintxo pote! a unique routine in the Gros neighborhood where Koba is located: pintxo 1 eur & drink 1 eur every thursday.
free breakfast was an added value. Clean & modern interior. Close to train station. Away from tourists.
Great staff, friendly and helpful.
Very clean and comfortable bed.
Location was not bad, 10 mins to train/bus station and old town.
Nice breakfast and clean guests kitchen.
- Excelent location, quiet hostel, great breakfast and clean
- Nice hostel with very friendly staff. I would really recommend this for people who don’t expect to spend much time inside and plan to be very active, because this is a place to sleep, essentially. Prices are generally steep in San Sebastian, so this hostel offers good value for money, if you know what to expect. Its location is very good to explore both beaches and the wonderful city. San Sebastian is a fantastic place, with lots to see, to eat and drink, filled with lovely people. And if exploring that city is what you want to do, Koba Hostel is a fine place to stay.
A Room In The City
One of our best sellers in San Sebastián! Featuring free WiFi, A Room In The City hostel offers accommodations in central San Sebastián, 2 minutes’ walk from La Concha Beach. It is part of Convent Garden, an open social space that invites you to enjoy and live the local urban art culture. Guests have access to Convent Garden’s La Cripta bar and el Pation terrace.A Room In The City offers both shared and private rooms, all are bright and modern with city views. Rooms have either single beds or bunk beds, and there is a sink in each one. They have access to shared bathrooms and showers.The hostel has a fully equipped dining area with a microwave, toaster, kettle and kitchenware. There is also a social lounge with computers, board games and magazines, where you can meet other guests. A breakfast service is not offered.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property and luggage storage is available.A Room In The City has access through 2 different streets.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2,300 feet from the property and the nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9.9 mi from A Room In The City.
- Highly modern hostel, one electronic key for entrance, room and locker. Large and comfortable beds with good privacy.
- Good location, everything is clean and quite comfy. Price is fair
- Everything! The bed is so comfortable, the privacy for each bed is splendid, then I have huge locker to store my stuffs. The location is extremely strategic, because it’s close to Playa La Concha. The staffs are also nice, and the everything in the hostel looks so fancy. I’d say that my stay here was amazing and I really had great time in San Sebastián.
- Dorm bed was probably best hostel bed ever. Light, table, curtain, wall pocket, usb, electricity, hangar and hooks all inside bunk bed! Lockable lockers for backpacks under it. Very nice! We could store our backpacks in hostel for a long time which was a great surprise. Staff was friendly, both roof terrace and ground terrace were nice. Ground terrace had confusing opening times though. Overall a great hostel, much recommended. If some policies were clearer it’d be 10/10.
- The location was wonderful. The facilities are modern and clean. Love the key bracelet. The dry board in the shower is a stroke of genius.
Downtown River Hostel
Located in San Sebastian, an 8-minute walk from La Concha Beach, Downtown River Hostel offers accommodations with free WiFi. You can enjoy city view from the room.At Downtown River Hostel you will find a shared kitchen, shared lounge, tour desk and luggage storage. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including hiking and canoeing.San Sebatian Old Town, with numerous tapas bars, is an 8-minute walk from the property. San Sebastian Train Station and bus station are 1-minute walk away.
- A nicely located hostel right across the river from the bus station. A hostel to spend the night in an airconditioned room ( make sure to book a dorm on the main floor) and be exploring town or hang out on the beach during the day and at night.
- The location is awesome, right next to the main spots.
- Hostel was only a couple of minutes walk from the train and bus stations (which are right next door to each other). And another 10 minute walk to get to the beaches. The communal bathrooms and showers were clean. Some nights had cheap dinners eg paella and sangria for 6 euro. There was a small kitchen if you wanted to prepare your own meals.
One of the best hostals we have stayed in all round it was fantastic.
Close to bus and train station. Lovely staff. Good kitchen. Great showers. Aircon in room. Very clean. Good night sleep. Good lockers. Best location.
- Friendly staff. Lockers in every room, storage area for after checkout. No curfew, kitchen is clean and very modern. Also bathroom is very well equipped and clean.
Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea
This colorful hostel is located in Ametzagaña Park, 2.5 mi from the center of San Sebastián. It offers modern rooms and dormitories with free Wi-Fi, individual lockers and a private balcony.Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea’s restaurant serves a range of local and international food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a shared kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Guests have access to a terrace with mountain views.The hostel has a small football pitch, and there is also a terrace with picnic tables and park views. Free on-site parking and a storage room are also available.Each of the bright dormitories has heating and a bathroom with a shower. Bed linen and towels are provided.You can drive to central San Sebastián in 15 minutes from Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea. Here you can find the Kursaal Convention Center, a range of great restaurants and the famous beaches of La Concha and Zurriola.
- Considering the payed money it turned out really well. We just needed a place to stay for the night before travelling further.
- The location is perfect if you like quiet place and there are ways to run your workout, staff is helpful, facilities are large
- For the price great basic hostel style accomodation. Close to the city and Next to a Beautiful park
- It was on top of a hill so the view was pretty. Isolated if you need quiet. Like a small community. There was a restaurant / bar on property.
- clean sheets and kitchen functional and the Mall Ganbera is the only Plus , although a bit walk still
Albergue/Auberge ULIA Youth Hostel
Set in the countryside just outside San Sebastián, Albergue Juvenil Ulia offers an on-site restaurant and bar, and modern, heated rooms. Playa de la Zurriola Beach is located 15 minutes’ drive away.All rooms come with a private bathroom, and the studios also include an equipped kitchenette. Free WiFi is available in public areas.You will find a selection of dining options and shops within 1,650 feet of the property. Guests can go hiking and cycling in the surrounding area.San Sebastián Airport is a 20-minute drive away. The property offers free parking.
- Quiet location, great views, just a few meters off the Camino del Norte (and a good way to shave off a few kilometers from a long first day). Great value for a private, basic hostel room.
- Location, although quite a climb in dark in the evening from city
- The man on front desk very accommodating was able to switch us to a double bed room! Great English amazing views of the ocean! Nice walk down into San Sebastián too! Lovely hidden gem great prices too!
- Very friendly manager. Very dog friendly with easy access to good dog walking woods. Great atmosphere because of the fellow travellers and the fabulous view from the bar. Even managed to get two cabs to take our Labrador to and from the hostel to the centre of town (with the help of the hostel host).
- It is a youth hostel, so had to make own beds, but the linen was fresh and the pull down bed was extremely comfortable. We were given a family apartment, which felt enormous compared to hotel rooms. Well equipped with setee, table and chairs. Ability to make own drinks, snacks etc. was a bonus. Continental breakfast and lovely coffee. FABULOUS views! Quiet setting and friendly staff who all spoke good English. Would recommend!
Balea Hostel is offering accommodations in San Sebastián. The property is located 2.7 miles from La Concha Promenade. The tour desk is available to assist guests in planning their days out.Featuring a shared bathroom, rooms at the hostel also feature free WiFi.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2.9 miles from Balea Hostel. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- This hostel is really cute. I had a great time there with other travellers. It’s really clean. Maybe it’s a little bit out of the center but in case you don’t want to have a nice walk around the river you can take a bus, the bus stop is in front of the hostel. I can just recommend this hostel!
- The hostel is only 4 months old. It is quite funky and stylish. I was pleasantly surprised, the girls keep it lovely. Its a bit hard to find at first but I enjoyed being away from the bustle of the city centre. The river runs past, you can walk or cycle, there are shops and bars a short walk away. You have a choice of the Renfe train, Euskotren or buses into San sebastian
- Staff are very helpful and are polite, especially with my late check in. The shower itself is very good. The common area is alright too.
- The best price in San Sebastian for a great service thanks to an amazing and friendly staff. I was supposed to stay for one night but stayed for one week in the end 🙂 Of course, the location isn’t central, but the bus is right in front of the hostel so it’s very easy to get by. If you arrive at night, it can feel a little weird cuz it’s not very obvious where the hostel is and the neighborhood could seem a little odd at first but during the day and once you pass that first impression, you’ll see it’s actually a very nice environment / neighborhood and overall, a great hostel.
Belén, girl at the reception desk was very helpful, she let me enter to the room with the bike
Furniture and installations in the hostel seem to be new and in good condition, aesthetically hostel is very nice and modern
Located in San Sebastián, less than 0.6 miles from Old Town, Surfing Etxea provides accommodations with a terrace and a shared lounge. Around a 14-minute walk from Victoria Eugenia Theater, the property is also 0.7 miles away from Calle Mayor and offers free WiFi. Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium is 0.8 miles away.Featuring a shared bathroom, some units at the hostel also offer a balcony.La Concha Promenade is 1.2 miles from Surfing Etxea, while Santa Clara Island is 1.3 miles away. San Sebastián Airport is 12 miles from the property.
Gros is a great choice for travelers interested in food, bars and gourmet food.
Favorite hostel! The cozy atmosphere makes for an exceptional home away from home experience and facilitates easy socializing. I booked 3 nights originally and stayed 10. It was difficult to leave even then.
Location was great and staff was super friendly and helpful.
Can’t say enough positive things about this place! A must stay!
- Biggest legends as staff, the vibes are epic and the location is so good! 3 min walking to the beach and 10 to the old town. Everything works, all clean and they’re super helpful about everything you need! Surf, forecast, indications, etc. Thanks heaps David, Aritz, Diego and Ethiene!
- What makes this hostel special is the culture that it fosters, bringing in a specific kind of person. Everyone you meet is really laid back and friendly, a great place to make friends when solo traveling. Also take advantage of free skateboard rentals.
The location was great , rooms were better than I expected .. the staff is super helpful.
They wrote down everything we should do for our stay and their suggestions were spot on!
- The distance to the beach &amenities was great. It was clean &the people who ran it were friendly.The bunks very high, and there were 3 double bunks and a bed cramped in a small room that made for a warm room. Loved the no drinking on the premises policy which made for a less rowdy hostel.
- Favorite hostel! The cozy atmosphere makes for an exceptional home away from home experience and facilitates easy socializing. I booked 3 nights originally and stayed 10. It was difficult to leave even then.
Pensión San Fermín
Located in the center of the old quarter, this guest house offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom with shower. Playa de la Concha Beach is only 1,000 feet away.All air-conditioned rooms at Pensión San Fermín feature parquet flooring and some of them have a small balcony overlooking the street. Each includes a private bathroom with a shower.Guests will find plenty of tapas bars and restaurants near the guest house. The city’s main sights are within walking distance, including the Good Shepherd Cathedral, 10 minutes away.San Sebastián Airport can be reached in about 20 minutes by bus and Bilbao International Airport is 62 mi away. The Railway Station is about 15 minutes’ walk away.
- The property was in a great location, under a 10 minute walk to the beach. The girl working there was very friendly and helpful.
- The location was super central BUT that also meant it was very noisy at night.
- The staff is the saving grace of this hostel! Very friendly and super helpful, which partially makes up for its lack of atmosphere. Otherwise, it was clean and has sufficient facilities.
- The Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent.
Perfect location for one ou two nights with friends in the town !
The woman at the reception was really nice and helpful !
Thanks a lot
Top Hostels In Eguía Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Eguía Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Eguía Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Eguía Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!