10 Best Hostels To Stay In Crosthwaite Cumbria – Top Hotel Reviews
Crosthwaite Cumbria is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Crosthwaite Cumbria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Crosthwaite Cumbria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Crosthwaite Cumbria. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Crosthwaite Cumbria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Crosthwaite Cumbria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Crosthwaite Cumbria:
Station Lodge offers accommodations in Windermere.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are available. You will find a kettle in the room.Keswick is 18 miles from Station Lodge, and Ambleside is 4.2 miles from the property.
- Location was perfect and the staff at the accomodation were really friendly. The accomodation itself was really clean. The bed could have been a little more comfortable but apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.
- Was close to everything but it is a small town. Room was clean, bathroom was nice.
- Literally 1 minute downhill from Windermere train/bus station. Spacious room, modern, very clean and warm.
– great location, super close to train station, easy to find
– very helpful staff, we arrived late and called the staff, he left key for us in a key box. =)
– store luggage for free
– big room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom
– I will definitely recommend it to my friends.. 😀
- Clean,comfy,convenient location and really friendly service.
YHA Windermere is located in Troutbeck, just 1.9 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a shared bathroom.Keswick is 16 miles from YHA Windermere, and Ambleside is 2.6 miles from the property.
- The views and grounds are second to none. Such a shame that we didn’t get to enjoy them fully! 🙁
- very nice staffs, but the location is close to nowhere
Really nice people working there
- Very friendly and helpful staff, Great location despite not easy to find on sat nav.
- Friendly staff an nice location with view of mountains. Self catering kitchen is convenient.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Hawkshead offers accommodations in Hawkshead, just 3.7 miles from Windermere. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shops at the property.Keswick is 18 miles from YHA Hawkshead, and Ambleside is 5 miles from the property.
- I stayed at 3 different places in the Lake District. They were all different and it is difficult to compare, but this one might have been my favorite (although I only stayed 1 night.) The area was quiet and beautiful surrounded by sheep farms in an old giant house. The breakfast was a small additional cost was worth it. I did not use the kitchens, but they looked amazing.
- The location and self catering facilities. The breakfast was good also and staff friendly.
- Can’t really fault anything. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the bike storage was a bonus. Lovely lawn area with mature trees trees was perfect for the kids to burn off energy before eating.
- This is a brilliant period place, new kitchens for self catering, usual YHA staff that are second to none. Leave your ‘woes’ at home and enjoy the relaxing here.
- Spacious, very nice modern shared kitchen, beautiful location
Arnside Independent Hostel
Featuring free WiFi, Arnside Independent Hostel offers accommodations in Arnside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong and darts at the hostel. Blackpool is 28 miles from Arnside Independent Hostel, and Windermere is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford Airport, 53 miles from the property.
- Relaxed atmosphere as would expect of a hostel. Lovely village and surroundings.
- Nice communal rooms, good selection of bottled local beers, friendly and welcoming staff, interesting old building
- beautiful building, great staff, dog friendly, quirky room, great vibe. clean room
- I like that it was very reasonably priced. However, I’m not used to such basic rooms. It was a bit of a shock.
- Very confortable beds, well equipped kitchen and really nice staff!
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Ambleside offers accommodations in Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a shops at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Windermere is 3.6 miles from YHA Ambleside, and Keswick is 15 miles from the property.
- Brilliant staff. Lovely location. Perfect accommodation
- The location with bar and seating area fondly staff . Friendly and professional.
- The location and value for money and friendliness of the staff
- The view was unbelievable! Breakfast for a small additional fee was delicious and worth it.
Location, location, location!! Lake right in front of the hostel.. you can have your lunch/dinner, read a book or just relax with a beautiful view right in front of you.
All the places are nearby.. there’s plenty of activities around.
YHA Coniston Holly How
Located in Coniston, 7 miles from Windermere, YHA Coniston Holly How features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Keswick is 16 miles from YHA Coniston Holly How, and Ambleside is 6 miles from the property.
- Location is great, very close to all the good hikes.
- it was a beautiful place with lovely views and the breakfast was really good
- Cracking location near the lake and the village is really nice, there was ample parking and the bed was comfortable. Individual shower rooms were clean and large enough to both shower and then change without getting everything wet. Large lounge area to relax in after a hard day cycling or walking and a big dinning room with bar that had a good variety of bottled drinks. I took the option of breakfast and it was good especially in value for what you get. I didn’t use the kitchen facilities or tv room so can’t comment on those. The staff were both friendly and helpful when I asked a few things about evening options and stuff to do.
- Had all the facilities needed for a hostel in the lakes, such as a drying room, kitchen etc. Big comfy communal areas well stocked with outdoor magazines and books.
- Price £10 Night, Beds clean made up and comfortable, Warm, Clean, Great Service, Bar, Good Food.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Langdale offers accommodations in Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a shared bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Windermere is 6 miles from YHA Langdale, and Keswick is 12 miles from the property.
- Wonderful location. Refurbishments making already great hostel even better!
- Building had character and great views from the garden
- Comfy bed, clean, friendly ….fantastic food quality
- What an absolute treat. We have never stayed at a hostel before and this place is in a beautiful rural location. Amazing.
- Choice of self catering – good kitchen or meals provided. Table football very popular.
YHA Coniston Coppermines
YHA Coniston Coppermines is located in Coniston, 8 miles from Windermere and 16 miles from Keswick. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a shared bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Ambleside is 7 miles from YHA Coniston Coppermines, and Bowness-on-Windermere is 7 miles from the property.
- A really nice place to hike in the lake district. The environment is amazing and the employees really welcoming
- Peaceful location and beautiful scenery. Fabulous place for hiking and would definitely recommend it to any active family that enjoys walking.
- The staff are absolutely lovely and friendly and would do anything for you. They are volunteers managing the property themselves, and although they have their work cut out, they are obviously caring and committed to what they do.
Relaxed attitude to coming and going.
Well-cooked breakfasts with a good range of non-cooked alternatives.
Beds comfortable, and good solid frames so people could get up in the night without disturbing others.
Drying room a definite ‘must have’.
- Incredible location. Great starting point for climbing the Old Man of Coniston
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Elterwater Hostel offers accommodations in Elterwater, just 7 miles from Windermere.There is a shared kitchen at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. Keswick is 12 miles from Langdale, and Ambleside is 3 miles away.
- Fabulous place, very clean, staff helpful and friendly, very pleasant stay.
- It was a 6 bed dorm room. Bed comfy and I slept well.
- We found the staff very friendly and helpful, we enjoyed the use of the kitchen. view and location superb
- Great room, great shower. Excellent breakfast, worth the £6. Really good selection of board games!
- Amazing location, right in the heart of the country side, very clean showers and friendly accommodating staff
YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe offers accommodations in Grasmere, just 8 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Keswick is 11 miles from Grasmere Butharlyp Howe, and Ambleside is 3.3 miles away.
- I like the nature surrounding and very good location.
- Really nice and the staff where lovely. I really liked how qouit the area and if your lucky and go out really early you may even be able to see a deer wondering near the car park. There is also a lot of people you will see walking around the area eveymorning which is nice knowing your not walking alone near the mountains.
- Always a warm welcome in the heart of Grasmere. Great locations for cycling & walking. Very friendly.
- The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The drying room was the best drying room I’ve ever experienced and the cappuccino was awesome.
- very friendly staff. Lots of toilets and showers so no issues with having to wait. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and beautiful location.
Top Hostels In Crosthwaite Cumbria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Crosthwaite Cumbria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Crosthwaite Cumbria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Crosthwaite Cumbria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!