10 Best Hostels To Stay In Ciudad Vieja – Top Hotel Reviews
Ciudad Vieja is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Ciudad Vieja. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ciudad Vieja. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ciudad Vieja. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Ciudad Vieja right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Ciudad Vieja with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Ciudad Vieja:
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Hostal Colonial offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from Hostal Colonial, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Great place, well located, big room and really clean. Really friendly owner.
- I liked ALL in this hostal. Very cozy, safe, clean hostal, nice, helpful owner, staff. Comfortable location. I felt like home there. Gracias, Gustavo. Would come back 150 %
- Very clean room and shared bathroom. Good location, very safe hostal
- So clean, comfortable, only a few rooms which was nice. Lovely small courtyard, candles at night. The room was very spacious!
- It’s clean, nice and staff was very helpful and friendly. Also the location was pretty good, close to the market and bus station.
A Place To Stay
A Place To Stay offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from A Place To Stay, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- This is a great place to stay if you want a quiet, off the main drag, spot. The wifi was good, the staff were very helpful and super friendly. The accommodations were impeccably clean, and it’s just a few minute’s walk to the main square. Great spot.
- Lovely people, great location, comfy beds, great pets, v safe, everything was perfect!
- The place is very nicely set. The hosts, Raúl and Kerry, are just perfect hosts! Breakfast is a delight! Everything is kept very clean by Antonia.
- Close to the market. Lots of friendly cats. Owners are helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Kerry and Raul were such kind and helpful people, making us feel very welcome and safe. As animal lovers, we enjoyed the cats and bunnies that roamed around.
Hostal Primavera Antigua
One of our top picks in Antigua Guatemala.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Primavera Antigua offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. All rooms come with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostal Primavera Antigua, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles away.
- The staff was very helpful in booking us on a guided volcano hike and the breakfast was delicious.
- Breakfast everyday was nice and the location was 5-10 minutes walking distance to everything. They had a night security guard so we felt safe at all times (not that Antigua felt dangerous to us). I’d highly recommend for an upscale hotel in Antigua.
- The people working there is very kind. The property is clean an very comfortable
- The room was very nice, bed very comfortable. But the best thing was the very friendly and helpful staff who assisted me with everything. Breakfast was good too and served promptly
- 24 hour check in, breakfast included, very comfy beds, always had hot water in the bathroom, secure, small property so not too many people, traditional building and friendly staff (some English spoken on main desk which was very helpful).
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Blomsten offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala, just 15 miles from Guatemala.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. Each room comes with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Extremely nice lady who runs the casa. Very friendly and helpful. Stayed two more nights than planned totally worth it. Perfect location just 5-10 min walk to central plaza. Basic and clean rooms
- Nice big rooms with a fridge. The owner Flores is amazing.
- Compact room on ground floor beside entrance; great view of Parque San Sebastian, ruined church and Agua volcano; comfortable double bed; adequate room for storage of items – though not for hanging of clothes (although there are a few nails on the door for that purpose); two nice bedside lamps; fridge and small fan in room; very good wi-fi connectivity; small en suite bathroom, with everything working as it should (there are no fewer than three mirrors!); delightful and helpful owner (Flor) living on site (it’s her home) – she couldn’t have been kinder, more welcoming or more concerned for the well-being of her guests; location away from centre in small square (15 minutes’ walk to main square); nice bars, cafes and restaurants within five to ten minutes’ walk (I would recommend Fernando’s Kaffee for breakfast); excellent value for money (I paid the equivalent of 20 pounds sterling per night). Breakfast is not available.
- Casa Blomsten is the best place to stay in Antigua. Amazing people always ready to help You. Totally in love with the house and the room. I feel like its my home there. Very special palce !
- Flor is lovely. Very friendly and helpful. The apartments is bigger than we expected and the comfort level is the highest we have experienced in this price range in Guatemala, very good bed. Highly recommended.
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Maya Papaya is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 15 miles from Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Maya Papaya.
- Beautiful, clean, and comfortable. Female dorm had 2 toilets/showers, and separate sink area. Breakfast was delicious! Great location, WiFi was fast, and communicating with the hostel beforehand was simple. They were also able to help us book shuttles to the Lake and Airport. There was also yoga on monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. Other guests were quiet and respectful, but still friendly and open to conversation. They also had a small bar with some local craft beer options, and apparently the best mojitos in town!
The staff are so lovely! Don’t hesitate to chat to the cleaning ladies (if you speak Spanish), they are super happy to tell you all about their culture and traditions! They even helped me to distinguish good thread from bad ones when buying a Huipil (traditional Mayan blouse).
After a year of traveling, I can safely say this has been one of the best hostels I have stayed in.
- Absolutely beautiful property with friendly and professional staff. The dorms were very luxurious with the privacy curtains, upscale bedding, and separate bathrooms for men and women. Breakfast was delicious. This place seems to attract respectful travelers and the common areas and bar are great for mingling if you are feeling social. The owner was very attentive and called to check on my shuttle when it was late (without me even asking for help). I will definitely stay here again if I return to Antigua!
- Great rooms: decent and comfortable beds, all with a curtain, plug and reading light. Great common social areas, inside as well as outside, serving a lovely breakfast and very helpful staff.
- Brand new hostel, with comfortable beds and clean facilities, great breakfast incl
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 14 miles from Guatemala.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- Great hostel in the middle of Antigua, nice rooms, quiet, amazing decoration and rooftop!
- Most of the staff were very nice, the breakfast was great, the location was excellent, and the amenities were great too.
- The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful during my stay. Accommodations were well designed and very clean. It’s also quiet at night so I had the best sleep I’ve had in two weeks.
Employees were the friendliest I’ve ever met. They even recognized me when I came back from activities and a few days away and asked how my trips were.
Sleeping was no problem despite being in a 12 bed dormitory. The beds are very comfortable and everyone was respectful.
Included breakfast is a bonus.
Make sure you check out the rooftop deck. We were able to see Fuego erupting from there!
- Free coffee and tea at all times, cake at 5 PM daily!
Internacional Mochilero Hostel
Internacional Mochilero Hostel is located in Antigua Guatemala, 15 miles from Guatemala and 31 miles from Panajachel.Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Wicho & Charlies
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Featuring free WiFi, a hot tub and a terrace, Wicho & Charlies offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a shared bathroom equipped with a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play darts at the hostel. Guatemala is 15 miles from Wicho & Charlies, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles away.
- Very good location, few steps away from the main square. The staff was friendly, the bed big and comfortable. Reading light and a socket next to the bed were a big plus.
- The “pod like” beds are my favorite part. With each bed having it’s own 4 walls and black out current you can escape into your own world and have privacy. After traveling for several months it’s a luxury. Also the place was really clean and staff super friendly!
- Nice beds with own light and fan, upper dorm with balcony, roof terrace
- Awesome and very helpful staff. Did the Acatenango hike with them and it was very well organized and their guides are very good at what they do!
- Hostel was fine, amazing staff but it’s a small hostel, so quite loud. The volcano tour with them was absolutely exceptional though.
Lemon Tree Hostel
Featuring free WiFi and a garden, Lemon Tree Hostel is situated in Antigua Guatemala, 650 feet from Central Park Plaza Mayor. Staff on site can arrange airport transfers.At the hostel, all rooms come with a patio. The rooms have a shared bathroom with a hair dryer.You can play billiards and darts at Lemon Tree Hostel.Speaking German, English and Spanish, staff at the 24-hour front desk can help you plan your stay.
- Very friendly and helpfull staff (William was especially great recommending us great places to eat and stay during our onward travels, organising us a shuttle service last minute and he even helped us to wash our fruit when we had to leave in a rush), great location, beautiful and newly renovated building, everything very clean, safe and you can walk everywhere within a few minutes. Thank you! We will definitely return!
- Superfriendly and helpful staff. Good location. Nice big courtyard as communal area.
- Dorms are spacious, each bed has curtains and a locker. Property is an old building with a huge patio to hang out or have a campfire at night. Its set in the city center just a few minutes to the main plaza.
- Really great new hostel in Antigua. Staff is helpful and go out of their way to accommodate. The center courtyard in the colonial house is really amazing.I definitely enjoyed my stay and would go back.
I had the best experience with Lemon Tree. Not only is it super cute, affordable, in the best location, and has an attached brewery…but the staff is GOOD PEOPLE! I accidentally left my phone with the shuttle driver we had from the hostel to the airport, and the staff helped me to find the phone, get it back from the shuttle company and even to figure out shipping it back to me in the U.S. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone traveling to Antigua.
Thanks again for the great experience, Lemon Tree!
Hostal Casa del Artista & Galeria
Hostal Casa del Artista & Galeria is located in Antigua Guatemala, 14 miles from Guatemala and 31 miles from Panajachel.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- It was a pleasure to stay at this cozy hotel. A quiet place located in the back of the house, so you’ll sleep well and not hear the noisy street sounds. The hotel is very clean! And the interior of the hotel is made with love and taste! Very friendly hosts, and good staff. I definitely recommend this hotel.
Amazing friendly helpful staff! Let us have another (big!) room than planned as we were poorly and also kept our bags safe through an overnight hike. Then even let us have a shower when we came back and offered some soup.
Beds were the most comfortable I ever had at any accommodation! Also very nice atmosphere and quiet at night.
- Hotel staff was extremely kind, friendly, and always there to help and answer questions. Would definitely stay here again
- The rooms are very cosy with artwork all around and attention to detail. Host speaks very good English
We received a really warm welcome from Eddie. The room was great. Beds comfy. TV good. Able to use kitchen to make a hot drink. Roof terrace is fabulous. Able to order breakfast from hostel next door which is brought to you. Hot shower. Offered extra blankets whilst it was cold at night. Great location.
Henrique the owner got up at 3.30am to make sure our shuttle to the International airport picked us up. We stayed 5 days in total. Would highly recommend you to stay here.
Thank you for a wonderful stay
Top Hostels In Ciudad Vieja Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Ciudad Vieja to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Ciudad Vieja but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Ciudad Vieja. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!