10 Best Hostels To Stay In Chimaltenango – Top Hotel Reviews
Chimaltenango is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Chimaltenango. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Chimaltenango. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Chimaltenango. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Chimaltenango right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Chimaltenango with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Chimaltenango:
Huellas Hostal Antigua
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Huellas Hostal Antigua offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Huellas Hostal Antigua, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- We were very noisey so we thought the stafg would get mad and get us out is what we deseved but they were very patient and helpful
- super cute and friendly owners, family vibe, kitchen for use, wifi is fast, free water
The owner is a very nice guy. He allowed me to store luggage for a long time when i was away two different times.
Its nice to have to kitchen that guests can cook and maintain good budget for long term travel.
This is a family run hostel. I have to emphasize other comments, attention is amazing, the host received us with a smile and gave us a key since we informed that we were in a “party mood” and we will arrive late at night. He also helped us to find a parking for our bikes (we were on a motorcycle road trip).
The hostel has small lockers for your belongings, internet and a “cafe internet”.
Bar and view at the rooftop is awesome, and location is unbeatable, a couple of quarters from the central park and Antigua nightlife.
- Loved this place…the owners are super friendly and the atmosphere chill in the day, and fun in the rooftop bar at night. Lots of space to hang out and suprsing extras (filtered water in a budget hostel…thats a first in my book!). I left with a big smile and will definitely be staying again.
Hostal Antigüeño offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostal Antigüeño, and Panajachel is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostal Antigüeño.
- Great few nights here whilst we did a Spanish course. Rooms are good, private rooms and the property has colonial character to it. The breakfast was good and they have table tennis. Owners are lovely and very helpful
- Wonderful and very hospitable owners and staff. Off the busy streets and into a quiet corner of magical Antigua but a great place to meet other travelers (if that’s what you want). Otherwise best place to chill. Delicious breakfast. Highly recommended:)
- The staff was helpful and the hostel was well located close to the center. It was very quiet.
- I liked the garden feeling and how relaxed it was. Not a party hostel.
- Christian was the best host ever! He gave us a lot of tips in order to enjoy the most our stay in Antigua and he went the extra mile to help us arrange the rest of our trip through Guatemala. And always with a smile on! The place is nice and quiet, the neighbourhood too. Would definitely recommend it!
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel
Cucuruchos Boutique Hostel is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 14 miles from Guatemala.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- Great hostel in the middle of Antigua, nice rooms, quiet, amazing decoration and rooftop!
- Most of the staff were very nice, the breakfast was great, the location was excellent, and the amenities were great too.
- The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful during my stay. Accommodations were well designed and very clean. It’s also quiet at night so I had the best sleep I’ve had in two weeks.
Employees were the friendliest I’ve ever met. They even recognized me when I came back from activities and a few days away and asked how my trips were.
Sleeping was no problem despite being in a 12 bed dormitory. The beds are very comfortable and everyone was respectful.
Included breakfast is a bonus.
Make sure you check out the rooftop deck. We were able to see Fuego erupting from there!
- Free coffee and tea at all times, cake at 5 PM daily!
Hostel Capitan Tom
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Hostel Capitan Tom offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Every room is equipped with a shared bathroom. A TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 14 miles from Hostel Capitan Tom, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
Staff was amazing! Very friendly and helps you book tours/shuttle for the best prices.
Nice kitchen with everything you need. The offer a lot of spices/sauces/fresh herbs for cooking for you to save money!
Great room with very good WiFi- even in bed!
Bathrooms’s cleaned every day, there’s soap and you get a towel!
Good location, very close to the marketplace, big supermarket and the central square.
Big plus: terrace with view of the city and 3 volcanos (we saw lava!)
Would absolutely recommend this hostel 🙂
/Couple, stayed in private room for 5 nights
- I LIKE very much the atmosfere in that hostel.It is like home even kitchen is like home …you can make a smoothie.Nice bathrooms and good bed.
Tanya, the hostel owner, is the most welcoming lady ever. She’s someone you wanna meet after a long day of traveling, with her smile and loving heart. She makes you feel at home and goes all the way just to meet your needs. Other than that, the hostel was clean, in a perfect location close to shops and market. Terrace at the hostel has the most beautiful panoramic view of the volcanos in the whole city. There’s hot water which is always a plus and they provide travellers with all the cooking essentials and spices. It was a wonderful stay and I’m so thankful for all that you dod for me Tanya. I wish you all the best. Take care!
Even though the address isn’t correct on booking.com (booking.com’s fault) stopped at a travel agent where it says the property is located and they directed us the 3 minute walk, 3 blocks straight to the location!
The actual location is even better, off the street, no traffic noise and with an excellent terrace and comfy bed it is a right winner. Woke up to a view of the volcano from my bed.
Hot shower, kitchen facilities, decent coffee ready to go and real friendly owners with interesting stories.
- Wonderful owners. Amazing terrace with views of the mountains and volcano. Close to bus station. Plenty of bathrooms (there are two additional on the first floor, for all the reviews saying there is only one bathroom. There are THREE). Comfy bed. Comfortable temperature. Can’t really beat it for the price.
- Staff was amazing! Very friendly and helps you book tours/shuttle for the best prices.
El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Featuring free WiFi, El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from El Viejo Danes Hostal Antigua Guatemala, and Panajachel is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
The place was calm and staff was friendly
The WiFi worked well, but only in the kitchen
- The price was reasonable for a private room, and the omelette was good!
- Hot showers, breakfast included, near the market and bus station
- Great value fot that money, Standart room and very good breakfast!
- Lovely and really helpful owners, nice breakfast, good location.
- The place was calm and staff was friendly
One of our best sellers in Antigua Guatemala! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Blomsten offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala, just 15 miles from Guatemala.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. Each room comes with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Extremely nice lady who runs the casa. Very friendly and helpful. Stayed two more nights than planned totally worth it. Perfect location just 5-10 min walk to central plaza. Basic and clean rooms
- Nice big rooms with a fridge. The owner Flores is amazing.
- Compact room on ground floor beside entrance; great view of Parque San Sebastian, ruined church and Agua volcano; comfortable double bed; adequate room for storage of items – though not for hanging of clothes (although there are a few nails on the door for that purpose); two nice bedside lamps; fridge and small fan in room; very good wi-fi connectivity; small en suite bathroom, with everything working as it should (there are no fewer than three mirrors!); delightful and helpful owner (Flor) living on site (it’s her home) – she couldn’t have been kinder, more welcoming or more concerned for the well-being of her guests; location away from centre in small square (15 minutes’ walk to main square); nice bars, cafes and restaurants within five to ten minutes’ walk (I would recommend Fernando’s Kaffee for breakfast); excellent value for money (I paid the equivalent of 20 pounds sterling per night). Breakfast is not available.
- Casa Blomsten is the best place to stay in Antigua. Amazing people always ready to help You. Totally in love with the house and the room. I feel like its my home there. Very special palce !
- Flor is lovely. Very friendly and helpful. The apartments is bigger than we expected and the comfort level is the highest we have experienced in this price range in Guatemala, very good bed. Highly recommended.
Hostal Banana Azul
Located in Antigua Guatemala, 15 miles from Guatemala, Hostal Banana Azul features free WiFi access and private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. The hostel also provides car rental. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostal Banana Azul.
- Breakfast is included and was alright. The location is quite fine too. There’s nothing specifically wrong with Banana Azul, but there’s not a lot right either. Overall, I felt the price you pay for what you get really is too high.
nice and helpful staff, good location, great food, good atmosphere
we liked the guitar music and appreciated the farewell balkan song:)
- Great staff and breakfast!!! Perfect if you like the quieter hostal!!
- It was quiet and breakfast was pretty decent, coffee was not.
* free coffee
* good en hot shower
Hostel Casa Jacaranda
Hostel Casa Jacaranda is located in Antigua Guatemala, just 15 miles from Guatemala. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms come with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play darts at the hostel. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 14 miles from Hostel Casa Jacaranda.
- food was acceptable. lobby was good, just needed a private bathroom
- Staff was helpful and it was kept very clean. Showers were nice once you got the hang of it, and it’s in a very central location! The one day we ate breakfast here it was good! And there are no bugs which I was honestly surprised at since the windows aren’t airtight. Maybe just for the dry season?
- Breakfast was really good, and the coffee is great! The garden area is really nice. Great location, and reception staff are very helpful.
- Great place with good breakfast, nice environment , fair price. Location is good-Antigua is not that big anyway. The staff are helpful and gave me much useful advice. I booked the shuttle from them to Panajachel and left my bag on the bus, the staff helped me to find it back!! Soooo grateful!!!!
Perfect location (5 min to parque central)
Very clean room and bathroom
3 different options for breakfast menu
Nice backyard with hammocks
Very friendly and helpful staff
Maison Bougainvillea offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your terrace or patio. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- Amazing views and wonderful service. Irving is excellent! He waited for my mom to arrive even after “check in time” he made sure she was settled in and comfortable with the location, amenities, etc. Highly recommended!
- I’ve stayed at hostels all over the world… this might be the best. The value is incredible and it feels like home. I liked the location 15 minutes outside the center. Quiet and feels more authentic. Great breakfast, great views and so so helpful.
- This place is really peaceful and is an ideal choice for couples. Rooms are modest, but clean and well equipped. There are common areas at the accommodation such as a table downstairs and a big terrace with hammocks and tables upstairs. In the morning you can definitely sip your coffee enjoying the views of volcanoes. Wi-Fi connection was strong enough, so everyone, who is working on the road should keep that in mind. Irving was a really sweet and helpful host. I am glad we chose this place for our stay in Antigua.
- Breakfast included, every day a different breakfast with fresh fruits, very, very nice host. He has good advises for Antigua and Guatemala as well.
- Breakfast was really good (pancakes & fruit), roofterrace with views on the vulcanos amazing. The owner is really nice and helpfull. Free coffee available all day!
A Place To Stay
A Place To Stay offers accommodations in Antigua Guatemala.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Guatemala is 15 miles from A Place To Stay, and Panajachel is 31 miles away. La Aurora International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- This is a great place to stay if you want a quiet, off the main drag, spot. The wifi was good, the staff were very helpful and super friendly. The accommodations were impeccably clean, and it’s just a few minute’s walk to the main square. Great spot.
- Lovely people, great location, comfy beds, great pets, v safe, everything was perfect!
- The place is very nicely set. The hosts, Raúl and Kerry, are just perfect hosts! Breakfast is a delight! Everything is kept very clean by Antonia.
- Close to the market. Lots of friendly cats. Owners are helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable.
- Kerry and Raul were such kind and helpful people, making us feel very welcome and safe. As animal lovers, we enjoyed the cats and bunnies that roamed around.
Top Hostels In Chimaltenango Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Chimaltenango to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Chimaltenango but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Chimaltenango. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!