10 Best Hostels To Stay In Castromayor Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Castromayor Galicia is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Castromayor Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Castromayor Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Castromayor Galicia. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Castromayor Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Castromayor Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Castromayor Galicia:
Casa Do Marabillas
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Do Marabillas offers pet-friendly accommodations in Portomarin, 14 mi from Lugo. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include a seating area for your convenience. Some units feature views of the mountain or river.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The property is located on El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route and offers specific services and facilities for pilgrims. These services include backpacks transfer, lockers and bike storage.Sarria is 11 mi from Casa Do Marabillas, while Monforte de Lemos is 21 mi from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 41 mi away.
The owner – Pedro was A+ first rate. History buff and expert for the city.
And provided great advice on the church and places to eat. Super breakfast too.
He went above the service call to “give” me a USB power adapter he had extra. I said give
Wow. Who does that? Very pleased with this place.
- The town is so small that anything can be reached from the casa in minutes. And the host, Pedro, was very knowledgable and helpful.
Pedro was an amazing host. Gave us a great restaurant recommendation. Took care of laundry for us. Arranged for breakfast too. Very nice property in the beautiful town of Portomarin, a nice stop along the Camino.
Thank you Pedro!
- Pedro was a super host. He helped us to book a pension . He made us feel welcome and could not do enough for us. The breakfast in the morning was great. Thank you Pedro !!!
- Our room was cozy and clean. Beds were comfortable. Owner Pedro was friendly, welcoming and so informative. He really cares about the comfort of his guests. The albergue is just off city centro so it was very quiet. One of my favorite albergue son the Camino.
- The owner – Pedro was A+ first rate. History buff and expert for the city.
A Fontana de Luxo
Located in Portomarin, A Fontana de Luxo features a garden and a terrace. All rooms have a kitchen and a shared bathroom. Staff on site can arrange airport transportation.The rooms in the hostel are equipped with a coffee machine. A Fontana de Luxo provides some accommodations with lake views, and rooms have a patio. All rooms at the accommodation are equipped with a seating area.A continental breakfast is served at the property.Lugo is 18 miles from A Fontana de Luxo, while Sarria is 14 miles from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 55 miles away.
- Great views. Like by passing the hill into town on the way out. Chill space. I rented a private room.
1. The hospitalera was wonderful and very attentive. She made sure all guests were comfortable and have everything we needed.
2. There are towels and blankets.
3. The shower is really nice. A little bit odd to have two shower heads.
4. There is only 1 bathroom that includes the sink for the shared room (10 people)
5. Hair dryers are provided!
6. Food can be ordered from the owner’s restaurant. Self service breakfast is available.
7 Great view of the town.
- The lady at reception was very nice. She went out of her way to make me welcome.
- Excellent view, service and location. Set up breakfast at midnight so you can eat even if you leave super early.
- First Albergue as you come off the Camino so if you are weary this Albergue is for you! Lovely view of the lake and bridge as well. It was very clean, smartly organized, excellent free breakfast and the staff was remarkable!!! If you want to be right in the city center don’t stop here but otherwise this Albergue was delightful. Washer and dryer for clothes and a nice hair dryer in the bathroom as well.
Offering free WiFi, Albergue Ferramenteiro is located in Portomarin. Featuring a shared kitchen, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The property provides a shared lounge.Guest rooms at the hostel come with a seating area and a TV. Some rooms here will provide you with a kitchen with a microwave. All rooms will provide guests with a toaster.Cycling is among the activities that guests can enjoy near Albergue Ferramenteiro.Lugo is 18 miles from the accommodation. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 55 miles away.
- I’m very surprise they manage the place very nicely. the albergue is huge with one area for sleeping probably they have 150 beds and they still maintain the cleanliness.
Note: i stayed at the hotel, not at the albergue
- It’s nice with kitchen, laundry and very accessible
- The outdoor patio had a beautiful view of the river, the kitchen was very well equipped and it was spotlessly clean.
- Very large clean and modern hostel. Staff very helpful.
Located in Laje, Mercadoiro provides a garden. Featuring a 24-hour front desk, this property also has a restaurant and a terrace. The property has a shared lounge, a concierge service and organizing tours for guests.Guest rooms at the hostel are equipped with a seating area. Free WiFi is available to all guests, while selected rooms contain a patio.Lugo is 22 miles from Mercadoiro, while Sarria is 12 miles from the property. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 59 miles away.
- Very clean and in the private rooms they even gave you bathrobes to wear.
- Great location. private, beautiful, great food and staff.
- There was such a feeling of relaxation after a long walk on the Camino. Excellent dinner, being the best we’ve had in over 25 days. The staff was attentive, yet respected our privacy.
- I love this place. Have been there twice while walking the Camino. It’s in the middle of nowhere, a unique oasis right on the Camino. Don’t miss it!
- The cleanliness and peace. Comfy beds and lovely showers. 6 minute token is ample time for a good shower. The food was delicious especially the soup.
Located in Palas de Rei, Zendoira offers a terrace. Among the various facilities are a shared lounge and a bar. Free WiFi and a shared kitchen are featured.At the hostel, every room is equipped with a desk. ZENDOIRA has some accommodations that feature mountain views, and every room includes a shared bathroom and a closet. The rooms will provide guests with a microwave.Lugo is 24 miles from the accommodation, while Portomarin is 19 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 37 miles from Zendoira.
- The staff was exceptional. Very helpful and friendly. Loved having a balcony and nice towels
- Curtains on the cubicles, excellent rain showers and an elevator.
- Two nice bathrooms, shared with 4 other rooms but never a problem.
- This is typical hostel on the Camino. Bunk beds but they had curtains a light and a plug in. They also have an elevator.
- Common room is comfortable and creative, very pleasant host
Albergue Folgueira is located in Portomarin and features a terrace. The property provides a 24-hour front desk, and organizing tours for guests.The rooms come with a microwave, toaster, a coffee machine, a shower, a hair dryer and a closet. Rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV, and certain rooms are equipped with a mountain view.Guests at the hostel can enjoy a continental breakfast.Lugo is 18 miles from Albergue Folgueira, while Sarria is 15 miles away. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 55 miles from the property.
- My stay here was excellent, definately recommend to other users.
- Easy to find,near to camino on edge of town,easy to get back on camino in morning.No waiting for bathroom,all facilities were good.Nice kitchen.
- Brilliant spot to start the Camino trail the next day
- this albergue is rigt at the camino frances. 30 beds in one room sounds too much but it was OK. big, well equiped kitchen. Close to the city centre. Each bed has its own sockets though located just next to the lower beds thus those sleeping in the upper beds have to leave theis devices down there to get it charged.
- We stayed at Albergue Folgueira whilst walking the Camino – and it provided us with everything we needed to have a good night’s sleep and be prepared for the next morning’s walk. The location is superb, not to mention the beautiful view!!
Albergue Outeiro in Palas de Rei provides accommodations with a terrace and a shared lounge. Free WiFi is available.Lugo is 23 miles from the hostel, while Portomarin is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 37 miles from Albergue Outeiro.
- Immaculately clean, quiet, bright, gave us room to ourselves upstairs, good mattresses, soap and paper towels at all sinks, very nice owner
- This is the best private albergue since St Jean. Had all features perigrino needs: blankets, hooks inside shower, privacy in shower, nice owner, balcony, nice kitchen, vending machine…
- Very nice staff, clean, modern. Nice kitchen, vending machine with coffee, drinks. Lots of clothesline space!
We were welcomed by Manuel, who made sure that we felt at home immediately after our second day of the Camino De Santiago. My friend and I were lucky enough to get a room to ourselves.
Comfortable, clean and only about 100 metres from the nearest bar, restaurant or supermarket.
I’d recommend staying here if doing the Camino De Santiago.
- Manuel( staff) was very helpful! We wanted to eat paella and he phoned around to the restaurants to find out who would make it for us!
Albergue La Casona de Sarria
One of our best sellers in Sarria! Albergue La Casona de Sarria offers pet-friendly accommodations in Sarria. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bath or shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.
The property is located on El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route and offers specific services and facilities for pilgrims. These services include backpacks transfer and bike storage.You can engage in various activities, such as cycling and hiking. Lugo is 17 mi from Albergue La Casona de Sarria, while Monforte de Lemos is 19 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 51 mi from Albergue La Casona de Sarria.
- Loved the welcome and sense of hospitality. Comfy beds. Fantastic breakfast. Easy walk from train station. We loved this place!!
- This was an AMAZING facility with GREAT staff. They really made me feel welcomed.
- Inn was beginning of our El Camino. Great service, early morning continental-style breakfast, very comfortable and clean accommodations, charming and centrally located.
- Wonderful hospitality in a beautiful restored building. Perfect for the Camino de Santiago. Excellent location, away from the craziness on the Camino itself, but close to everything. Fabulous breakfast. Best of all are the owners and staff. They all go the extra step.
- The staff was warm, helpful. Clean,beautiful!! Loved it all
Albergue Casa Don Alvaro
Located in Sarria, a 5-minute walk from Sarria River, Albergue Casa Don Alvaro features a garden with barbecue facilities and a shared terrace with sun loungers. Free WiFi s available.Other facilities offered at the property include meeting room, a shared lounge with fireplace, and a games room. There is also a shared kitchen with a microwave and toaster. The property organizes liqueur tasting.Rooms come with bunk beds and have access to a shared bathroom.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including golfing and hiking. The property offers free parking. Sarria Train Station is a 15-minute walk away.
- Friendly staff, lovely fire and drink, place to leave luggage, close to excellent bar/restaurant.
- Great place to stay. Staff was wonderful. Great laundry service.
- Very clean 2 bed room, good soap & shampoo in shower, good Wi-Fi, Fire side Grapa was a treat.
- Location. Right on the Camino. The proprietor was also extremely helpful!
- I was in a female dorm. There is a nightly fire for the guests
Set in Sarria, on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, Albergue Mayor offers bright, rustic-style rooms. It has an equipped guest kitchen, free Wi-Fi throughout and free, individual lockers.Rooms feature exposed stone walls and brown tones. They have access to shared bathrooms and showers. Bed linen and towels are included.Guests can use the kitchen to prepare meals, and it includes an electric hob, microwave, toaster and fridge, as well as kitchenware. There is also a dining table, sofa and flat-screen TV. Laundry facilities are available.Sarria has a selection of dining options and bars, many within 5 minutes’ walk of the Albergue Mayor. There are also supermarkets nearby.Sarria Train Station and Sarria Bus Station can be reached in under 15 minutes’ walk. Guests will find a secure place to leave their bikes at the property and free public parking is available near the hostel.
- Great location in casca vieja in beautiful Sarria . Hospitalera maria del Carmen had everything ready and was nice and also efficient . Took care of managing the clothes washing . Put me in room with 3 wonderful people from Malaga . Very nice experience.
- The host, Maria, was polite and sweet and recommended a great place for dinner around the corner. Convenient washer and dryer and well-maintained kitchen.
The lady was very acommodating.
She continued checking if everything was alright.
- Great small rooms, clean towels and beautiful facility!
- Maria was very lovely and kind, when I arrived from a hard and long walk, she gave me water and helped me with my bag…etc.
Top Hostels In Castromayor Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Castromayor Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Castromayor Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Castromayor Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!