10 Best Hostels To Stay In Cartagena Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Cartagena Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Cartagena Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Cartagena Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Cartagena Guanacaste. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Cartagena Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Cartagena Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Cartagena Guanacaste:
Casa Esmeralda offers accommodations in Tamarindo. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Playa Conchal is 5 miles from Casa Esmeralda, and Playa Hermosa is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Coco hostel J
This property is a 11-minute walk from the beach. Coco hostel J is located in Coco, just 20 miles from Tamarindo. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a computer and a CD player are provided. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. All rooms include a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play darts at this hostel, and bike rental and car rental are available. Playa Conchal is 12 miles from Coco hostel J, and Playa Hermosa is 2.4 miles away. Liberia Airport is 11 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Cocobolo offers accommodation in Playa Grande, 10.6 miles from Tamarindo. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a coffee machine and a kettle in the shared kitchen.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The hostel also offers car hire. Playa Conchal is 8.1 miles from Cocobolo, while Playa Hermosa is 19.9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport, 27.3 miles from Cocobolo.
No reviews yet.
Pipe House Playa Grande
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a barbecue and a private beach area, Pipe House Playa Grande is located in Playa Grande in the region of Guanacaste, just 1.1 miles from Tamarindo. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.Bike rental and car rental are available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking.Playa Conchal is 6 miles from Pipe House Playa Grande, and Playa Hermosa is 21 miles away. Liberia Airport is 28 miles from the property.
- Staff was great and flexible about payment, let us pay with paypal when we were running low on cash. By far the cheapest thing we could find last minute in this upscale area. You could probably save money by staying Tamarindo and then take the quick little boat across the estuary or a taxi if you want to spend time in Playa Grande. But the pipes are a cool concept and very nicely designed, constructed, and decorated, and attracted an interesting group of travelers. Common shower/bathroom area clean and attractive, outdoor common kitchen decent and provides whatever you need for cooking. Just beside the beautiful beach.
- Love this place, the open kitchen area is amazing . The only thing missing is a pool but the ocean is right there . Felipe is a great host and it was very clean that’s why I kept on extending my stay 😉
- Felipe was an excellent host! Always available but not intrusive. I have traveled a fair bit and Playa Grande has the most amazing beach! We met some interesting people from all over the world. I am glad we had a car even though Tamarindo is less than 2 kilometers away it is a 45-minute drive. You would have to Google Map it to understand
- The location was lovely – right on the beach and the kitchen facilities were great!
- We love the experience at the Pipe House ! It took us a little bit of time to find it because there is no sign. Felipe is in amazing host, he gave us recommendations and we hanged out a little bit. The place is clean, AC and super cute ! Highly recommended if you want to experience something different
Playa Grande Surf Camp
Located in Playa Grande, 1.3 miles from Tamarindo, Playa Grande Surf Camp features an outdoor pool and barbecue. The hostel has a sun terrace and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels and DVD player is featured.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Playa Conchal is 6 miles from Playa Grande Surf Camp, and Playa Hermosa is 21 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 27 miles from Playa Grande Surf Camp.
- A chill place to stay just in front of the beach. In my opinion it is overpriced for what the installations offer, but it is average for the area.
- Environment, access to the beach, open kitchen, spacious bedroom, good surf instructor
- Host treated us like family from the outset. Outstanding and reasonably priced restaurant. Quite close to the airport. Across the street from the beach. Relaxed and safe.
- Nice crowd, super friendly staff and welcoming people
- I loved the diversity of guests staying there. Sarah and Sam were so accommodating. I would suggest that a light sleeper might not want to stay in one of two “tree houses” as the morning light comes right through the shutters and the howler monkeys are quite loud ( if you are a camper like myself then you will love staying in one). I always worry about dirty bathrooms in a hostel, these were very clean to my relief!
PURA VIDA Hostel Tamarindo
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Located just a 5-minute walk from the ocean, this coastal hostel features free Wi-Fi and extensive shared areas, including kitchens and a lounge with hammocks, a pool table and games. Hotel Pura Vida Tamarindo is less than 1.2 miles from Las Baulas National Park.Each private room at this hostel features air conditioning, safes and a private bathroom. The dormitories feature lockers and fans.Guests will find a variety of dining options within a 5-minute walk, including many beach-side seafood restaurants, bars and restaurants.The property’s bilingual staff can help guests arrange outdoor activities like surf lessons, kayaking, sailing, catamaran cruises and shuttles.Liberia International Airport can be reached within a 1-hour drive.
- best hostel i ever stayed at! I always travel alone and never have i felt more loved and welcomed than at Pura Vida. It is perfect for everyone, single travelers, families, freinds etc. The hostel was clean, cosy, comfortable and just awesome through and through! and not to forget the greatest staff in the world and the most perfect surroundings. Thank you Thomas, Ana, Sandra and Darren, i miss you guys so much! <3
- Less than 5 min walk from the beach + very cool staff + takes credit card
- Super friendly and helpful staff, great vibes and very clean rooms and facilities. Rocking chairs and hammocks everywhere… Perfect for groups as well as lone travelers!
- Walkable to everything. Great staff. Respond to requests quickly. A/C. Live music night where everyone chilled in the hammocks and rocking chairs. Met a lot of people
- Old run down place for US$ 44 a night… Booked through Booking.com and they charged my credit card right away. The place had 2 well equipped kitchens, lots of day beds in common areas, 2 large nice common areas. Not too far from the town.
Hotel M&M Garden House
One of our best sellers in Coco! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool, Hotel M&M Garden House is located in Coco in the region of Guanacaste, just 20 miles from Tamarindo. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Playa Conchal is 13 miles from Hotel Villa Flores, and Playa Hermosa is 1.6 miles away. Liberia Airport is 11 miles from the property.
- the room was nice and very clean! the garden and the pool was very cool and the little restaurant has very good food and the couple working there are sooo nice
- Very nice and relaxed for a group of 7. Close to everything. Breakfast was fantastic!
- WE liked that the breakfast was included. The service,especially the front desk was super, ver helpful and cheerful.
- This is such a lovely place to stay, very relaxed and in lovely surroundings. The room was clean and it was great having a fridge. The staff were super helpful and the breakfast was really good.
- The breakfast is good (you need to pick 3 from the menu), the rooms and the shared areas are very clean and the staff is very friendly. Very close to the beach, nice and quiet at nights.
Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp
One of our best sellers in Tamarindo! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp offers accommodations in Tamarindo, just 7 miles from Playa Conchal. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and bike rental and car rental are available. Playa Hermosa is 22 miles from Coral Reef Surf Hostel and Camp, and Playa Grande is 1.7 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 29 miles away.
- Good location, lots of communal space to sit and eat outside your room, free coffee available, never had to wait for a toilet or shower as there were 4 of each
- You didn’t need a car everything was within walking distance lots of good places to hangout easy comfortable beds
- Everyone in Costa Rica is super friendly. Many thanks to our hosts who recommended us great spots.
- The beds were nice. And they had a lot of places to relax not just in your room.
I really enjoy the facilities on this hostel
I went to play volley during the weekend 🙂
The conditions were really good to stayed at the beach and to enjoy the hostel, cooking, etc!!!!
There is a nice spot in the public areas and people who attends are kindly
The best wishes to next visitor on this hostel a big hug to Sharon, Andreas, Don Daniel and the girls who always do the coffee in the early morning and clean the common areas
La Oveja Negra
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Tamarindo, 8 miles from Playa Conchal, La Oveja Negra features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.A TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk and shops at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. Playa Hermosa is 22 miles from La Oveja Negra, and Playa Grande is 1.7 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 29 miles from La Oveja Negra.
Loved the music and food in the restaurant!!! Cute girls everywhere!!!!!!
- This is the BEST PLACE IN TAMARINDO!!! The nightlife was fantastic everyday, I met so many beautiful people from all over the world. I took a 3 day surf camp with Carlos and I already know how to get up on the board! They arranged 2 shuttles for me that were on time and hassle free. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.
- The location was GREAT, the vibe was relaxed, the room was very large, clean and well decorated, and the staff was very nice.
- Nice bar with good breakfast. Helpful staff and nice environment. Live music at night.
- The staff, food, and pool are great! The rooms are somewhat what you pay for..
- Comfortable bed!
Sunset Hostel Tamarindo
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Sunset Hostel Tamarindo is located in Tamarindo, 7 miles from Playa Conchal and 22 miles from Playa Hermosa. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Playa Grande is 1.6 miles from Sunset Hostel Tamarindo, and Nosara is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 1.9 miles from the property.
- Amazing vibe. Feels like a family. The staff really takes care of you and makes you feel like home. Super close to the beach and all the bars. We had a blast. Thank you Sunset Hostel
- Great place and amazing staff. Literally 2 min.walk from the beach. All the rooms have AC and the sunset view from the balcony is absolutely AMAZING. Will come back for sure
- The hostel is straight over a supermarket which is convenient. You can use the kitchen to do your own cooking.
- Really good vibes in the Hostel! The Stuff and the owner are super helpful and friendly. I don’t know what happened in the past but now it seems they got more stuff to keep the place clean all the time and I really have no complains about that.. lovely experience, totally recommended! The location is amazing, give it a try!
- The staff was really kind and helpful. The location is great. That was all.
Top Hostels In Cartagena Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Cartagena Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Cartagena Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Cartagena Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!