10 Best Hostels To Stay In Calabazo Magdalena – Top Hotel Reviews
Calabazo Magdalena is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Calabazo Magdalena. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Calabazo Magdalena. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Calabazo Magdalena. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Calabazo Magdalena right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Calabazo Magdalena with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Calabazo Magdalena:
Hostel Finca La Gordita
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool, barbecue and terrace, Hostel Finca La Gordita is located in Calabazo. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A TV with satellite channels and DVD player, as well as a laptop and a computer are provided. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Santa Marta is 15 miles from Hostel Finca La Gordita, and Taganga is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 20 miles from Hostel Finca La Gordita.
- Alex and his family was awesome. They show us all the step to make a home made coffee from thr Sierra Nevada. Real tipycal food also.
- One of the best accommodations we’ve had in Colombia. Super convenient if you’re planning on going to Tayrona Park via Calabazos entrance. Totally recommended 🙂
- Very family friendly with chickens, kittens, dogs, and a tortoise pen with 10 or more tortoises! Nice to cool off in the pool. Good food and wonderful hosts! The only place around with air conditioning for the price-great value.
- Two people that I chatted with were very nice. One was a guy who cooked my breakfast on the second day, and one was a sister of the owner who met me upon arrival. Also, the turtle pen is cool.
Really friendly and helpful host, a lot of funny and lovely animals.
It’s a clean and peaceful place to stay with lovely hosts and a nice pool. Not far walking from Calabaso, there you can go to Tayrona parc !
Eco Hostal Yuluka
One of our top picks in El Zaino.Eco Hostal Yuluka offers accommodations in El Zaino. The hostel has a year-round outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Views of the mountains, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking. Santa Marta is 20 miles from Eco Hostal Yuluka, and Taganga is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Nice place for an hostel, the reception guys are really nice and helpful
- The staff is very helpful and friendly, the location is superb, near one of the Tayrona entrances. Great value for money.
- Great location in relation to the park. Either a 20 minute walk or a free shuttle to the entrance. The restaurant had amazing dinner and breakfast at a reasonable price too. The place itself was beautiful and it felt great to come back and relax after a long day hiking in the park.
Great place to stay to visit Tayrona park
Free shuttle to the park in the morning
- Beautiful setting, a big double room and hammocks on the balcony.
Casa Hostal Antawara
Casa hostal Antawara is located in El Zaino, just 19 miles from Santa Marta.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.Taganga is 17 miles from Casa Hostal Antawara, and Taganga is 18 miles away. Simón Bolívar International Airport is 23 miles from the property.
The decoration, the peaceful atmosphere, the big rooms, the common areas to chill, the nice balcony of our room with hamac, the air co, the very nice staff who organize excursions and taxi for us and gave us recommandations to eat and go to the park and beaches
I recommand it for sure
- The place is new with beautiful decor. The room was spotless, large and very comfortable. Elizabeth was very helpful even waiting with us to make sure we got on the right bus and she allowed us to check out a bit later to catch a shuttle.
- Owners were very friendly. Great breakfast. Clean rooms. Good restaurant across the street. 5 min bus ride to park. Value for money.
- Lovely peaceful place to stay near tayrona park. Huge & comfortable bed, clean and modern room with great terrace and hammock. Lovely staff and excellent breakfast.
- I loved everything about my stay! The cleanliness of the room, the little pool, the decor and the tranquility of the place, the kindness of the owner and the excellent breakfast. Nice large glass shower. but the the water was really cold. Large bedroom and comfortable bed. The ideal place if you want to visit Tayrona Park without stress over time. Have a great night’s sleep, without having to wake up too early, because you’re practically next to the entrance!
- The decoration, the peaceful atmosphere, the big rooms, the common areas to chill, the nice balcony of our room with hamac, the air co, the very nice staff who organize excursions and taxi for us and gave us recommandations to eat and go to the park and beaches
Portal Atlante is located in Santa Marta, just 11 miles from El Rodadero Beach. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a tour desk at the property.Playa Blanca is 11 miles from Portal Atlante, and Tayrona Park is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Just 20 minutes away ( by bus ) from the main entrance of the Tayrona National Park. Vegetarian menu, which is appreciated when you have traveled for a while in Colombia. Jorge and Paola are both great cooks and easygoing. Jorge gave us some very helpful tips to reach our next destination. The place in itself is very beautiful, with a stream nearby. Great music choices, at least to our taste.
- Amazing location!!! Staff are incredible. Jorge and Paula go above and beyond to make sure you are well cared for. These amazing beings are what the world needs more of.
- Very clean and quiet gem in nature and despite easy to reach by bus from Santa Marta and to Tayrona entrance. Lovely people and delicious vegetarian/ vegan food. The sheets are very nice too, very comfy bed. Totally recommend
- Wonderful location, knowledgable and very nice staff! Very confortable rooms.
- The place was very cute, right by a lovely little creek and falls, and just a 15 minute bus ride away from the Parque Tayrona. Buses pass right outside the hostel every 20 minutes or so from early morning until 6pm. The place feels a bit old and rustic, and from the rooms, at night, you can hear the trucks and cars on the highway outside – which sort of breaks with the “lost in the forest” feel of the place. The vegetarian food was good. I still recommend for a practical location near the park, some peace in nature, and as a good way to disconnect. Hosts were really lovely, and very helpful when I got sick. You must know – there is no internet from this location.
Playa Brava Teyumakke
Playa Brava Teyumakke is located in El Zaino, 16 miles from Santa Marta and 14 miles from Taganga. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a shops at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and the area is popular for fishing. Taganga is 15 miles from Playa Brava Teyumakke, and Palomino is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 22 miles from the property.
- The location and people are amazing! It can be hard to find the beach, but really worth it once you are there.
- The location was the most beautiful place I have ever been. So private and untouched. After the hike there taking a dip in the sea was perfection. The staff were very friendly and helpful despite my terrible lack of Spanish. Couldn’t recommend enough my only regret was we discovered this place quiet late and could only book 1 night definitely would be better to stay 2 or 3 nights.
The beach is stunning to look at.
The bungalow was clean upon arrival.
Other than a few holes in the mosquito nets (that you should tape up upon arrival), we appreciated having them. Location was windy which helped minimize mosquitos.
- The hotel has an amazing view, the staff was very helpful and nice at all times.
- The beach and the place it self are really Nice, but unfortunately they did not take a good use of the space.
Costeño Beach Surf Camp
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Guachaca, 25 miles from Santa Marta, Costeño Beach Surf Camp features a sun terrace and views of the sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hostel. Taganga is 23 miles from Costeño Beach Surf Camp, and Taganga is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 29 miles from Costeño Beach Surf Camp.
- The beach was awesome to relax. Lot of chill people, nice Hammocks, nice volleybalnet..
- The meals were well prepared with high quality ingredients. The location was excellent with great access to the beach. The other travelers I met were quite friendly. Greta the surf instructor is fantastically knowledgeable. The staff is young, fun & friendly. They organize activities frequently and it’s very easy & fun to meet other travelers.
- amazing beach location. warm amd friendly staff. great food. comfortable beds even in the large shared dorm. this place was heaven!
- Great Location, nice setting, very relaxed. Good food, perfect for some calm days although you can have party as well
- Great place! It’s right on the sea, there’s lots of things to do (volleyball, surfing, ping pong, slack line, etc.), it’s clean and organised and there’s fun people and friendly staff.
EcoHostal Palmares Del Rio
Located in Guachaca, 25 miles from Santa Marta, EcoHostal Palmares Del Rio features a playground and views of the lake. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.There is room service at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Taganga is 24 miles from EcoHostal Palmares Del Rio, and Taganga is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 28 miles from EcoHostal Palmares Del Rio.
- The staff is very friendly and when we want it to eat out since they don’t have a menu in the restaurant and we are vegetarians so we decided to go out but it was kind of late The lady in charge was so sweet that she sorr managed to create a dish for us!! Very attentive
The most friendly people and great environment. I love the location, the river near by and the waterfalls around the area.
Tasty breakfast and comfort bed
- The staff is super nice and very attentive. Further the property has 4 lovely dogs and a huge garden with a glass clear shallow river to cool down in.
- The people working there were very helpful and attentive. I sustained a small injury while i was there and the staff did all they could to help me. I had to move on to a bigger place for medical attention but couldn’t take all my luggage. They kept it for me and then after a few days brought it down to the city where I was for me to pick it up. I was very grateful for all the help I was given. Muchisimas gracias a Uds.
- Very friendly lady who runs the place. She cooked us some amazing dinner and was very helpful. The place is very quite and spacious, so nice if youre looking for a calm stay
The Place To Be Hostel (Bonda)
One of our top picks in Bonda.Situated in Bonda, The Place To Be Hostel (Bonda) features an outdoor swimming pool. Among the various facilities are a garden and a terrace. The tour desk can help arrange some activities.Guest rooms at the hostel are fitted with a seating area. With a private bathroom, some rooms at The Place To Be Hostel (Bonda) also boast a balcony.A vegetarian breakfast can be enjoyed at the property.Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the accommodation.Santa Marta is 8.1 miles from The Place To Be Hostel (Bonda), while Taganga is 6.8 miles away. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 12.4 miles from the property.
- The view from the roof was beautiful and it was a good base for going out for the day.
- The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was great. The animals were cute. The view from the rooftop was nice.
- Great customer service. Clean rooms, and bathrooms. Peaceful place. Great sunset and night views from the roof. Cheap beers. Exiquisite meals (dinner and breakfast). You can use the WIFI. They gave us free breakfast for the troubles.
Great location for starting hikes and visit the cocoa farm.
The atmosphere in the hostel. In the evening there is not much to do nearby so most people will stay in the hostel talking, drinking and playing games in the common areas. Which makes this a nice place to be to socialize with other travelers and the staff.
The facilities of the hostel, common areas, hammocks, games, rooftop terrace, kitchen, etc..
The staff was nice and helpful. They even already contacted me before arriving to make sure we would know how to get there. Very considerate!
The veggie lasange, looked weird tasted good!
- The staff was very friendly and the room was spacious and clean with a private bathroom, as promised. The reception area gets quiet at 10:30-11 which is nice to be able to sleep. We went there to relax, and that’s exactly what we did in the comfortable hammocks. Lots of fun games are available to play with other travellers
Hostal Casa Parga
Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and terrace, Hostal Casa Parga is located in El Zaino in the region of Magdalena, just 19 miles from Santa Marta. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Some rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Taganga is 17 miles from Hostal Casa Parga, and Taganga is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 23 miles from Hostal Casa Parga.
Really friendly. Nice place and friendly people working there.
Also did provide useful information about tayrona parque.
Owners are SUPER nice! We got a lift to Palomino, and lot of help and information with planning our Tayrona trip.
Breakfast was nice.
- The owner is so friendly, wants to help you with everything. Also he speaks very good English. The breakfast is just egg with bread and coffee, but thats more than enough when you pay not so much for a bed in the dorm.
- This is one of our favourite hostels in South America. It has a welcoming, friendly, homey vibe. There’s a few outdoor/indoor chill out areas that are really nice and comfortable. The location is great, close to Tayrona and on the river. The kitchen is big and well-equipped. Dorm is spacious with comfy beds and a balcony. Overall we really loved this place and wish we could have stayed longer.
I loved Casa Parga! The owners and Luz are super kind and nice people! It is such a nice place to relax in a hammock and read a book. Dorm was very comfortable and clean. The Hostel was the perfect place to meet other travelers!
Nice and well equipped kitchen to cook. Highly recommended
- Really friendly. Nice place and friendly people working there.
Hostal Green Light
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Located in Taganga in the region of Magdalena, 2.4 miles from Santa Marta, Hostal Green Light features a terrace and hot tub. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or mountains. Each room has a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Simón Bolívar International Airport, 11 miles from Hostal Green Light.
- Very nice staff, helped and answers all aware questions. The property is 10 min walk to the beatch
- The view from the rooftop terrace. It was good value for money with the swimming pool and breakfast and free secure parking. Staff was friendly.
- The hostel has great views from the large rooftop, complete with tables, chairs, hammocks and a bar. It is located a bit out of the main part of town which is nice because it is quiet, but it is an uphill walk from the main square. The pool is a fantastic, refreshing temperature and is well maintained and we liked that it was indoors. Staff was friendly and helpful.
- Me gusto todo muy amables las personas que nos atendieron solo súper recomiendo, fue una experiencia relajante y muy linda
- El hospedaje es tranquilo,es un poco incómoda la cocina sin muchos utensillos.La zona de la terraza es muy comoda y linda.Tiene una zona de una pequeña pileta bastabte linda
Top Hostels In Calabazo Magdalena Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Calabazo Magdalena to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Calabazo Magdalena but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Calabazo Magdalena. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!