10 Best Hostels To Stay In Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State – Top Hotel Reviews
Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Botafogo Rio De Janeiro State:
Mango Tree Hostel Ipanema
One of our top picks in Rio de Janeiro.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Mango Tree Hostel Ipanema offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro, just 6 miles from Guanabara Bay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms include views of the garden or city. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Chinese Pavilion is 3.2 miles from Mango Tree Hostel Ipanema, and Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 6 miles from the property.
Ipanema is a great choice for travelers interested in beaches, sandy beaches and nightlife.
- The location could not be better, it was amazing for the carnival time and a good place to meet other backpackers in the evening.
- Great ipanema location, rooms were really clean and had lots of common areas. Kitchen was also really well equipped
I had the best of time
Everything is perfect about this hostel
One of the best place I ever visited and I will recommend everyone who go to rio
- The location is great. Near Ipanema beach and metro.
- Location is really great and the bar is good fun – especially during happy hour
Casa del Mar Hostel
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Casa del Mar Hostel is located in the Copacabana neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, just 4.1 miles from Guanabara Bay.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 3.4 miles from Casa del Mar Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 3.7 miles away. Santos Dumont Airport is 3.7 miles from the property.
Copacabana is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, sightseeing and sandy beaches.
- Great location, quiet and safe neighborhood, friendly staff and lovely guests. Air-conditioned and very clean rooms.
- Excellent Wifi throughout the hostel. Great location – a few mins walk from the beach and the metro.
- i liked all about this hostel, i did not see anythings missing
- Very good location, not far from the beach by foot and right next to a subway station. The rooms are clean and the beds are better than the average. Staff was helpful and kind, specially Rafael.
- Excellent location: close to the beach and between other important areas such as Ipanema and the center. The spaces were clean and the private room had all the commodities you need. The terrace is nice to relax by yourself or to gather with other people. As an extra a wonderful staff – Jessica, Rafael and Tainá – who have always given me great tips and suggestions to enjoy Rio and received me so well that I really felt at home and among friends!
Hostel in Rio Suites
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Hostel in Rio offers modern shared accommodation, free Wi-Fi and a communal kitchen, only 2,450 feet from Rio de Janeiro’s Flamengo Beach. It is located 2,150 feet from Flamengo Metro Station.With modern black-and-white décor, the air-conditioned (9:00pm to 09:00am) in shared dormitories at Hostel in Rio offer private lockers, individual lamps and power outlets, and a shared bathroom. Linens and toiletries are provided.Cable TV and a DVD player are available in the 24-hour reception. The hostel is 3.1 miles from central Rio de Janeiro and 2.5 miles from Santos Dumont Airport. Maracanã Stadium is 5 miles away.
Flamengo is a great choice for travelers interested in nature, tourist attractions and scenery.
- The lady of the house speeks perfect english and the rest understand quite well. The doors are controlled from the reception, which gives a safe feeling. New towels every day. Clean room (familysuite). Good shower. Airconditioning. Fridge for food and drinks. Safetyboxes. Nice breakfast (10 R$) and the coffee was outstanding, so every morning started with a good feeling.
- I really enjoyed my stay there. It was a bit empty when I was staying there but I liked it. The hostel is in a good location in between all the main attraction. Walking distance to the metro station, and to the grocery store. It is superior clean. Relaxing atmosphere. And the owner gave me a lot of helpful advices about the city.
- Clean, polite hostel. Good value only lacking a decent common area for people to congregate and socialise.
- The staff were very lovely and helpful. The premises were very clean. Flamengo area is quaint with a fun market on Sunday. It’s right in between the famous beaches and downtown Rio which makes it easy to go between them both. Great value for money.
- Perfect. Wiht and black design. Everyday fresh towels and a bed put in order. Good localization, in Flamengo district.
Rio Casa Hostel
Showcasing an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, Rio Casa Hostel is located in Niterói. Free private parking is available on site.Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea from your terrace or balcony. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Rio de Janeiro is 3.9 miles from Rio Casa Hostel, and Petrópolis is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 3.1 miles from Rio Casa Hostel.
Centro is a great choice for travelers interested in shopping, fine-art museums and friendly locals.
- Excellent hosts, always on hand to help. Great breakfast. Lovely garden. Very close to ferry, to get to rio.
- Very friendly and welcoming place, friendly staff and owner, I really liked the outdoor area with the pool and garden. The room was also nice. The owner was extremely laidback back and nice with me checking in and out, unlike nowhere else 🙂
- É um hostel e é mto bom. Sobretudo a limpeza e o fato de ter banheiros separados: um feminino e outro masculino. Fiquei num quarto individual (tipo dependencia de empregada). Ha uma geladeira so para hospedes. O café é bemmm simples mas sempre agradavel com o Paraense que esta sempre de bem com a vida! A casa fica numa especie de condomínio fechado, o que da certa seguranca.
- Bom café da manhã, piscina e vista excelente. Lúcio muito agradável.
- Gostei da limpeza, segurança e silêncio nos ambientes do hostel.
One of our top picks in Rio de Janeiro.Located in Rio de Janeiro, 3 miles from Guanabara Bay, Injoy Hostel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi.A flat-screen TV is available.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 2.3 miles from Injoy Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 2.5 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- Everything was great, staff, breakfast, cleanliness. For sure I will back there.
- Attractive, very clean, good breakfast. Close to Botafoga and restaurants etc. Like that is set back from the busy streets.
- Stuff is very very nice and helpful👍great location
- Good location – close to the tube and within Zona Sul. Easy to get to Christ the Redeemer / Sugar loaf mountain / Beaches. We stayed in the double room with AC/en suite – it was clean and practical. The staff were very helpful. Good atmosphere – went as a group to blocos and the sambadrome. Outside space for drinks/breakfast.
- Staff are super helpful and the hostel is really clean. Also the location is really good as its close to the metro, Botafogo beach and other amenities. If you’re looking for a sociable hostel but not a party hostel I would definitely recommend!
Gaia Comfort Hostel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Gaia Comfort Hostel offers accommodations in Rio de Janeiro. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is equipped with a TV with cable channels. Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guanabara Bay is 3.2 miles from Gaia Comfort Hostel, and Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 2.5 miles away. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- Very helpful and friendly staff that spoke multiple languages, nice breakfast with lots of options, strong AC, impeccable cleanliness, good location, and we also felt very safe due to hostel’s security features.
- Everything! It was spotlessly clean,great location close to the metro and the staff were very friendly and helpful!
- The hostel has fantastic facilities and is located well. Big focus on safety. The bathrooms were clean and the staff friendly.
- Hostel was very clean and close to Botafogo metro station so easy to get around
- The staff is incredibly charming and fun especially lyssinho! Going with him to lapa is a great experience. The hostel is very safe and clean.
LimeTime Hostels – Rio
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Featuring an on-site bar, this Rio hostel is located in the Botafogo neighborhood, 1.5 miles from Sugar Loaf Mountain. Free WiFi is offered.Separate male and female bathrooms are provided at LimeTime Hostels Rio de Janeiro. Air-conditioning is provided throughout.Free Caipirinhas are offered in the on-site bar. A shared fully equipped kitchen is provided. A 24-hour reception welcomes each guest. A shuttle service is also offered at LimeTime Hostels.Rio de Janeiro/Galeão – Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport is 13.7 miles away. Rio de Janeiro Downtown is 1.2 miles away from LimeTime Hostels Rio de Janeiro.
- Great hostel to meet other travellers. Staff was awesome, connected everyone and was super helpful with everything! Free caipis from 8 to 8.30 when they turn off Wifi so people talk to each other. Breakfast ok, beds and bathrooms as well. Also they accept friends to come over and hang out which is great!
- Everything! The most friendly staff I’ve ever met at a hostel, they all worked so well as a team and powered through the carnivals hangovers to keep all their guests happy. The hostel was really clean despite how busy it was with the carnival and everyone’s glitter! Facilities are great, fully equipped kitchen, sofas, table, TV, WiFi, lockers, water filter etc. It’s a very sociable hostel as at 8.30pm it’s free caipirinhas and from 9-10pm the WiFi goes off. Staff took us on nights out and ensured we got home safe. Flavio took a group of us on a free trip to do the Two Brothers hike which was amazing. We really enjoyed our stay and want to thank every staff member for making our first time in Rio a memorable one!
- Friendly, helpful staff that are happy to help with planning your stay in Rio and further afield! Free drink every night! Fun place to stay and a really great location for tourists, easy access to metro under five minute walk.
Brazil doesn’t have to be expensive to enjoy!
I had a perfect stay in Rio, caipirinha every night and a absolutely lovely staff.
If going out or spending a night with Netflix on the couch with other backpackers, you can find everything you are searching for.
The breakfast is better than in the most hostels I’ve been to: different types of cereals, bananas, coffe, fresh cocked scrambled eggs and a homemade cake. And if you are lucky there is still a chef who cocks different meals every night for arround 10 RS.
What else do you need ? 😉
I stayed 2 weeks and already miss Rio!
- Had a really nice stay at lime time. It has an amazing location in a very safe neighborhood close to bars and metro.
Ace Praia de Botafogo Suites
One of our best sellers in Rio de Janeiro! This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Rio de Janeiro, 2.9 miles from Guanabara Bay, Ace Praia de Botafogo Suites features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 2.1 miles from Ace Praia de Botafogo Suites, and Selarón Steps is 2.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
- With a last minute discount on booking.com it was excellent value for money. Clean, spacious room, safe location. Great experience. Would stay again.
- The staff were excellent, especially the girl on reception. Great location in Botafogo – step out the door and the metro will take you to Copacabanca/Ipanema/Lapa steps/ Maracana etc (note that some have different names on the metro line). Security was excellent and we enjoyed having a fridge and microwave. Good value for money.
- It was not clear when we booked that we had to have breakfast on the other building of the hostel. The staff was kind enough to bring my parents their breakfast because my father was doing a healthy treatment and it was hard for him to climb the stairs of the other building.
I have already reviewed this place in greater detail and I am about to book to stay here again now after this, so just a quick overview. Location is perfect! So easy to get to from Santos Dumont airport. (If you arrive at GIG, take the airport shuttle bus for like R$14 to SD and then take the VLR tram system to Cinelandia then from there take the metro to Botafogo, take exit C and you are basically at the apartments.(Reverse the route if flying out of GIG))
Always very clean! Staff are smiley and always say hello and check you are ok. Rooms are huge and comfortable and very private. It’s nice not having the reception area in the same building as it makes you feel like you are going to your own apartments and not a hostel.
- The room was really clean and freshly renovated. Very close to the metro and Pao de Acucar is on walking distance
Alpha Hostel – Rio de Janeiro
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Rio de Janeiro, 2.9 miles from Guanabara Bay, Alpha Hostel – Rio de Janeiro features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 2.1 miles from Alpha Hostel Rio Janeiro, and Selarón Steps is 2.4 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santos Dumont Airport, 2.5 miles from Alpha Hostel – Rio de Janeiro.
- Staff was really friendly, the room and the shared bathroom was clean and the loacation was in a good saftely hipster area
- The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean, we Saw Cristo the redentor from the balcony. Good wifi at each floor. Kitchen was ok! Perfect location.
- I really liked my staying in this hostel. Location is very good, the metro and supermarket are near. Stuff is super nice, always helped me with all my questions. Differently I’ll stay there again.
Cozy old house, very central & close to the metro, located in a wonderful neigborhood: we really enjoyed the flair of Botafogo.
The staff was very helpful and nice, speaking good English. We stayed two nights in a double room with a private bathroom. It was clean and basically equipped. Good value for money! We can absolutely recommend it (but ask for a room with a window).
- Staff most of all. They wete very helpfull and nice. And I felt it is safe there.
Rio Beach Hostel
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Located in Rio de Janeiro, 3.2 miles from Guanabara Bay, Rio Beach Hostel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monument to the Brazilian Soldiers in World War II is 2.5 miles from Rio Beach Hostel, and Selarón Steps is 2.8 miles from the property. Santos Dumont Airport is 3.1 miles away.
- Location is 10min walk to metro. Nice meeting areas. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Staff are so friendly, good vibes as soon as you walk in the door. Good space to socialise and connect with others. Comfy beds and space.
- The location is great. The host at the front desk was very friendly. Bar is cheap. Backyard is cute.
- The people working very kind, always ready to help. Big common bathroom with shower, nice social room. Lots of Brazilians, means easy to interact if you want to improve your Portuguese!
- Everything was perfect! Tia Selma, Tia Naomi & Felipe always help us out, clean, new in a safe part of town. Very cozy and familiar. Whatever you asked for they help out! Bed sheets were brand new, clean, always with a smile. I will come back for sure! Obrigado Tias y Felipe!
Top Hostels In Botafogo Rio De Janeiro State Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Botafogo Rio de Janeiro State. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!