10 Best Hostels To Stay In Bermeo Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Bermeo Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Bermeo Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Bermeo Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Bermeo Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Bermeo Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Bermeo Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Bermeo Basque Country:
Mundaka Hostel & Sports Cafe
Located in the Biosphere of Urdaibai Reserve, Mundaka Hostel & Sports Café features a gym and shared lounge with a TV. There is also a restaurant and snack bar.The hostel offers shared dormitories and private rooms with air conditioning and lockers. All rooms have access to a shared bathroom with a shower.There are various restaurants serving characteristic Basque cuisine within a 5-minute walk of the properties. Upon request the hostel can organized various activities, such as windsurfing.Mundaka Train Station is 650 feet from the property and Bilbao Airport is 12 mi away.
- Great place for the value the staff was very helpful and good food. Awesome place to stay!!!
- Breakfast is included, friendly staff, great location if you surf.
The hostel is very close from the train station. Just 5 min walk. The beach is nearby – max 10 min walk. The hostel is directly at the seashore.
There is a restaurant next to it where you can buy drinks and food.
- Location perfect. Parking was tricky but manageable (not sure the same would be true in the summer). Facilities/bathroom were all mostly clean, as were sheets etc. The waves were firing so I can’t be too fussy (5 mins walk from the port)! Spacious lockers with key provided by the bed.
- The hostel could not be closer to the main peak at Mundaka
Moana Surf Hostel
Located in Urduliz, 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches on the Bay of Biscay, Moana Surf Hostel features an indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
Hostel close to surf spots.
- Everything good. Just a little noisy. A very beautiful place.
- How friendly the staff were. It felt like being with old friends.
- we had our own room, the noise levels were kept to a minimum after 11pm which is great for a hostel. breakfast was included and was sufficient.
- The place looks fabulous, has a nice small indoor pool, summer terrace, clean and comfortable rooms and everything. Plus the location is perfect for visiting Bilbao, since you can go by car to the Metro station (3 minutes by car or 30min walk) and park there all day for free. The younger lady who is in charge of the accommodation was very nice and helpful.
- Friendly staff.
Lekeitio Aterpetxea Hostel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Lekeitio Aterpetxea Hostel offers accommodations in Lekeitio, just 2,650 feet from the town center; there is a bus stop 650 feet away.All bright rooms are heated and come with a private bathroom with shower. There is a gift shop at the property.An array of activities is offered in the area, such as horse riding, windsurfing and diving and more tourist information and materials are provided at reception.Set on the mouth of the river Lea, the property is within 1 hours’ drive from San Sebastian, Bilbao and Vitoria. A public parking is 350 feet away.
- The location was easily walkable into town, and the proprietors were very friendly and helpful. We had a private room with private bathroom, and it was quiet and spacious. The breakfast had all the basics. There is free parking nearby. We were very happy we stayed in this area of the country and with such nice people.
- Very clean, the owner very kind, helpful and informative.
- Very lovely owners, very clean, roomy downstairs common area with kitchen. Cute balcony off of our room. On the edge of town, walkable but not noisy like being more central.
- WAY BEST of 30 albergue I’ve stayed. New, clean, great family owners.
- By far the best night and rest I had in my trip. I traveled through Madrid, Toledo, Costa Vasca and Portugal. Josu (my host) made me feel as I was in my own home (very appreciated after 3 weeks on the road). The room was fresh and clean, the bed comfortable and the bathroom great. As it is a Hostel, they don’t give you shampoo and conditioner. Josu gives you great advice about what to do and where to eat. Enjoy it!
Albergue Trinkete Etxea
Offering simple dorms with free Wi-Fi, Albergue Trinkete Etxea is located in Lekeitio, less than 350 feet from the sea. A 7-minute walk from the nearest beach, it features a communal lounge area and a computer room.Each dorm at Albergue Trinkete Etxea has heating and access to a shared bathroom. Bed linen is included in the rate and towels are available to rent.Shops, bars and restaurants can be found in the center of Lekeitio, within 5 minutes’ walk of the hostel. The town’s port is just 650 feet away.Located in Bizkaia’s Lea-Artibai province, Lekeitio is surrounded by pretty coves, beaches and seaside towns. Bilbao and San Sebastián are just over an hour’s drive from the hostel, while Gernika is only 14 mi away.
- Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed. Quiet neighborhood. Short walk to center.
- great facilities, very well organized and super clean.
- The staff was very friendly. The location is great- very central. We loved the balconies.
- Super friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, considerate guests, clean and secure. Great value for money and perfect location.
- El personal muy amable, con mucha predisposición y dedicación. Tuve un problema con la llegada y me lo pudieron resolver sin problema.
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
This simple, functional hostel is set 10 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum. It offers heated dormitory and private rooms, 5 minutes’ walk from Deusto Metro Station.Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared private bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 mi from the historic center and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The city of Bilbao is a pocket-friendly place in a way where everything is simple and straightforward. You only need to spend 1.45 euros to hop on a transfer from airport to centre and the same on the way back (green bus 47). The hotel was a warm welcoming place within walking distance from centre ~ (15 min walk) will make you feel you are at home. It is quieter than I expected for a hostel and I managed to have a private room which was very good.
- The property was in a great location for walking to the main city, and the bathrooms were very clean.
- Clean, tidy, good WiFi in quite an interesting location with a place to store my bicycle.
- Everything was great and the room that I stayed was for 6 people but one guy and I stayed there!! I really love so stay again!
- It was clean enough. Nobody stays here anymore (they probably listened to the reviews), so the hostel was mostly empty and I got a whole 8 person room to myself.
Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika
Located in Esquerica, Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika has a garden, terrace and bar. Free WiFi is available.At the hostel, every room is equipped with a closet.A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao is 18 miles from Albergue Peregrinos Eskerika, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 52 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 17 miles away.
Allowed to park the car on the road outside
Breakfast was included
- The location and the house itself are great! The host is very nice and the little dog Lolita is the best 🙂 Thank you for the breakfast!
- The property is gorgeous and feels like you’re in the country. The resident dog, Lolita, is a gem. I liked the outdoor kitchen and seating and the ability to buy the items I wanted to cook. Decent prices.
- Super clean. Spotless. €6 for a bottle of surprisingly tasty wine. Bedroom with shower was modern. Water was hot. Towel provided by alburgue host. Funky outdoor kitchen for pilgrims use.
- It was clean, could cook your own food, ingredients were available at the private little shop. Limited but you could have a meal. Very clean.
- Allowed to park the car on the road outside
Barrika Surf Camp
Located in Barrika, Barrika Surf Camp offers barbecue facilities. Featuring a shared lounge, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Facilities include a playground and free WiFi is accessible.The shared bathroom is equipped with a shower.The hostel has a terrace. A range of activities are offered in the area, such as snorkeling and cycling.Bilbao is 13 miles from Barrika Surf Camp, while Castro-Urdiales is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 miles from the property.
- My family and I stayed in a yerk on the property. It was are first time staying at a hostel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- Great surf hostel and location in the middle of the nature with some shared space for networking but also enough space to enjoy some solo time. Good breakfast and meals! And really clean!surf classes were good and with professional and nice teachers!
- Owners are very well prepared to receive guests as well as to ensure surfing lessons are of great quality. Also they were very kind to provide transfer to the airport at no cost! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and look forward to come again.
- Lugar con una súper buena relación calidad-precio! Todo está impecable y limpísimo! Ambiente acogedor y muy surfer!
- El trato es excelente. Tanto Lurta como Isaro e Iñigo son muy amables y se mostraron disponibles en todo momento. El ambiente con el resto de huespedes también fue agradable. Un lugar MUY recomendable!! Eskarrik asko!!
Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located in Bilbao, 1,000 feet from Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. This Premium Hostel features a sauna.Most of the rooms located in this refurbished factory are equipped with a private bathroom and a personal locker. Every bunk bed comes with a night light, a shelf and USB connector. Bed linen is provided.You can find 2 wheel-chair adapted shared bathrooms in this property.This premium hostel feature a shared interior courtyard with a vertical garden and a shared lounge area with TV. Guests will have access to a shared kitchenette area with a fridge, dining area and microwave.The stylish on-site bar and restaurant offers characteristic local dishes and Pintxos.Other facilities include a 24-hour front desk at the property, and a laundry room available at an extra charge.Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located within walking distance from several restaurants, shops and bar areas.Bilbao Old Town is 0.8 mi from Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel, while the Funikular is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- The staff was very welcoming and helpful and one of them even got me coffee before I left. They could not have been more pleasant!
- Big, clean, quiet room. Central location. Restaurant on site.
- I stayed in a 12-bed female dorm. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The charging station and lamps on each bunk were particularly useful.
- Comfy beds, helpful staff, near some great restaurants
- The bed was super comfy and everything very clean and new. Having a restaurant in the hostel helps a lot too.
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao
This modern hostel offers a chill-out lounge with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and views over the River Nervión and the Guggenheim Museum. Guggenheim Tram Station is 800 feet away.Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao has bold red, black and white décor with stylish murals. It offers spacious, air-conditioned dormitory rooms. Towels and bed linen can be rented from the reception.The hostel has a communal kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. You can also find a wide range of traditional tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.The Botxo Gallery is just 500 feet from Deusto University. The nearby tram station provides easy access to the historic city center.
- I would never stay at this place again. The bedding and no privacy. It was noisy. People gaining in and out after hour.
- The location is spectacular, as it is directly across the river Nervion from the Guggenheim. The views at night and the opportunity to walk/run along the riverside are a major + to this property. It is a modern hostal with clean showers and modern bunks. It is quiet for a hostel, with exception to the snoring guys in the coed dormitory. Free wifi and breakfast included, which is always appreciated! The price was very low for the high value of location and convenience. There is a nice Brit-style bar right next door which is also a plus.
- Excellent location, with a wonderful view on the Guggenheim museum. There’s AC which is important during the summer. Fast wifi, breakfast comparable to that of a lower-end hotel, which is excellent for the price of the accomodations. Despite the large amount of people per room, they are very large and you don’t feel cramped.
- Location is perfect and wonderful. You can appreciate Gugenhiem museum with your eyes in the place.
- Free simple breakfast (cereals, baguette). Good location, close to Guggenheim museum, 20 minute walk to the old city center for traditional food (pinchos).
Ganbara Hostel is in the heart of Bilbao’s historic quarter, on one of its famous Siete Calles, or Seven Streets. It serves a free breakfast, offers free Wi-Fi and features a 24-hour front desk, 2 communal lounges and a shared kitchen.Each of the simply decorated, modern dorms at Ganbara Hostel has heating, air conditioning and access to a shared bathroom with a hairdryer. Bed linens and lockers are included. Guests can rent towels at the front desk.The hostel also has a laundry room, and there are 2 TVs, a Wii, games and DVDs in the lounge area. There are also vending machines, luggage storage and tourist information available at the front desk.The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the Basque Museum and nearby Casco Viejo Metro station. Buses to the famous Guggenheim Museum stop a 10 minute walk away.Bilbao Train Station is less than half a mile from the Ganbara.
- Amazing location and servicr. Very generous breakfast and comfy lobby
- Super location, kitchen well equipped, friendly staff, breakfast is good.
- There are several common areas for sitting and relaxing or visiting with other guests. The WiFi was very strong. Breakfast was good. The hostel has various activities scheduled during the week. They supply a good city map and are knowledgable on how to get around. Our 4 bed dorm was laid out well and the lockers were easy to access. Good water pressure in the shower and a sm dressing area.
– The location is superb.
– The staff are friendly and helpful.
– Having a full kitchen for cooking is nice.
– The common area is quite comfortable and a great place to socialize, or, in my case, watch the World Cup with others.
– The luggage storage and being allowed to hang out in the common were a big help on the day of my departure, as it was raining quite heavily.
- Great location. Nice bright rooms. The best storeage lockers going! They also give you a lock to use if you don’t have one.
Top Hostels In Bermeo Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Bermeo Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Bermeo Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Bermeo Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!