10 Best Hostels To Stay In Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan – Top Hotel Reviews
Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan:
Smile Hostel Koh Phangan
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Smile Hostel Koh Phangan offers accommodations in Baan Tai, just 29 miles from Ko Tao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is ticket service at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Ko Phangan is 3.1 miles from Smile Hostel Koh Phangan, and Chaweng is 13 miles away. Samui Airport is 11 miles from the property.
The Host and hos family is by far the best I’ve met this far on my trip through Asia. They help you with everything and really wants you to enjoy your stay.
The dorms are nice and clean with good AC and great Wi-Fi. Beds are nice.
There’s a good area just outside the dorm where you can hang out with friends and other guests. Bar works great as well.
There are a lot of good restaurants nearby and only 15 mins by taxi/bike to Haad Rin.
Smile hostel is a GREAT place to stay.
- Very friendly and helpful staff, very good location
- The owners were the most friendly people I have ever met. And the atmophere was great at the hostel!
- The owners were awesome and accommodating. There was a 7-11 close by as well as delicious and cheap restaurants. The place is about a 20 minute ride from Haad Rin, location of the full moon party, but it’s only 100 baht per person by songthaew (taxi).
- such a warm atmosphere, the hostel staff was so helpful and simply nice! keep on with your good work guys – i really enjoyed it at your place.
- The Host and hos family is by far the best I’ve met this far on my trip through Asia. They help you with everything and really wants you to enjoy your stay.
One of our best sellers in Baan Tai! Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Saparote offers accommodations in Baan Tai, just 1.2 miles from Half Moon Festival. The hostel has a year-round outdoor pool and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.There is an ATM at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and bike rental is available. The hostel also provides car rental. Black Moon Culture, Baan Tai is 1.2 miles from Saparote, and Baan Tai Beach is 1,300 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Samui Airport, 11 miles from Saparote.
- It is a really good place right in front of phangan arena hostel which is a party hostel a place where you can actually enjoy the facilities as well like the swimming pool. The time I was here was not a party moment since some hostels closed for a few days including the arena hostel but it was good for me to chill and have a bit of silence. Probably during full moon the hostel is much noiser as stated in other comments here but as for ny experience it was really pleasant. It is really clean good beds good showers, hot water great location
- Nice staff. It’s close to Phanganarena which is a Partyhostel and people hang out there a lot. But you can sleep better then staying directly there. They were also expanding the hostel so expect a lot of cool things to come
- The staffs at SPA shop were super nice and friendly. They helped me a lot. The price was really cheap. No complaints!
- Firstly I would say this is a resort for young people. Parties go on most evenings with beer pong. Great sports facilities. Great staff. Wendy and Ice were the best.
- Nothing cause they did not give the room I had booked
Phanganist Hostel Koh Phangan
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing an outdoor pool and sun terrace, Phanganist Hostel is located in Baan Tai, just 1.6 miles from Half Moon Festival. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room has a shared bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Black Moon Culture, Baan Tai is 1.7 miles from Phanganist Hostel, and R&S, Baan Tai is 1,650 feet away. The nearest airport is Samui Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Pool, Privacy Curtains, Outdoor Lounge, Lockers with Keys, Good atmosphere
- CK as per him is the most handsome guy in the island and as for me, the most helpful guy ever
Clean and nice hostel. Everybody speaks English. There are some things to do such as swimming pool, bar, hiking, tourists attractions…
Pleasant time to stay there!
I have stayed in hostels all over Thailand and the rest of the world & this hostel is by far the best I have ever stayed. I was really impressed with everything here. The beds were comfortable, I felt safe, the staff were great and always happy to help & advise, especially Feena & CK. I enjoyed my stay so much, I extended it & I would definately stay again. The hostel dog Pee Pee is so cute & friendly. The owners are fab too! The price is very good value for money for the location & the swimming pool as an added bonus!
The hostel was super clean, hot showers, clean towel for rental, modern, fun entertainment, organised events, high speed Wi-Fi, many power points. I even managed to set up my teeth whitening machines and whiten my teeth! ? Highly recommend!
- Amazing and welcoming staff! 🙂 wicked pre parties. Definetely I’ll come back.
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Situated on Ko Phangan, the family-run Vagabond Castle offers guest with both private and dormitory-style rooms and an outdoor garden. The Thai-style house offers on-site services such as pre-parties with fire shows before the guests head over to the island’s famous Full Moon and Jungle Experience parties. Free WiFi is available throughout.Rooms are fitted with air conditioning or a fan. Guests staying in the dormitory rooms have access to a shared bathroom and can make use the lockers to keep their belongings. Selected rooms also come with a private bathroom and a balcony.During their stay at Vagabond Castle, guests can enjoy access to the outdoor shared areas including a terrace and an outdoor dining area. There’s also a shared lounge with sofas and a TV with movies. The staff can also assist guests with motorbike rentals, currency exchange as well as ticketing services for transportation and parties.The hostel is 0.9 miles from Thongsala Pier and 0.6 miles from Pantip Night Food Market. The closest beach is 1 km, or a 15-minute walk away.
- It’s a good place to meet new people and was a good base for a night at the full moon party.
- The owners, Elisa and her Mom, are super awesome and sweet! The Castle has such a cool vibe, so many areas to chill and hang out. I stayed in the 8 bed fan dorm and was really comfortable, no A/C but the room was not hot at all. Very clean facilities. A 7-11 right around the corner from the Castle. I enjoyed my stay very much, thank you Vagabond Castle! 😀
- Everything. Lisa and Isa were fantastic and it was a real family feeling and atmosphere.
- Great location, amazing crowd, and beautiful property. We were here for the Full Moon Party and this place was the perfect place to pre-drink. The hosts are very friendly.
- Nice staff, helpfull and very welcoming. Good location, 15 min walk from the pier. 7/11 around the corner. I felt like in a big family.
See Sea Backpackers House
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, See Sea Backpackers House offers accommodations in Baan Tai, just 29 miles from Ko Tao. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Views of the sea, mountains or garden are featured in certain rooms.You will find an ATM and hairdresser’s at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for hiking. Ko Phangan is 3.3 miles from See Sea Backpackers House, and Chaweng is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Samui Airport, 11 miles from See Sea Backpackers House.
- really friendly staff. Always cleaning the floors. Felt very safe there as lockers were provided and the front door was locked at night.
- See Sea was probably best hostel I ever stayed at. Boy has incredibly open and nice personality, communication skills and great approach to each and every guest individually. Extremely helpful- tries to make everyone to get know the island by every possible, cheap and accessible way. Helped with transport, recommended good coffee place and gave all possible info about parties I was interested in. Makes you feel like at home in his cosy, well decorated and clean blue guesthouse. Everything was perfect and I had amazing time on the island thanks to Boy.
- Boy is an absolute legend! Helped me out with my plans for the rest of the time in Thailand and he was such a good company.
- The air-conditioning was not as freezing cold as in other hostels ! ??
- Cleaned daily. Large dorm room and bathroom. Owner nice and friendly. Nice upper balcony and seating area in the main lobby.
Echo Beach Backpackers
Echo Beach Backpackers is located in Baan Tai, 29 miles from Ko Tao and 3.3 miles from Ko Phangan. The hostel has a terrace and views of the city, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.You will find ticket service at the property.You can play pool at this hostel, and the area is popular for snorkeling. Chaweng is 12 miles from Echo Beach Backpackers, and Lamai is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Samui Airport, 11 miles from Echo Beach Backpackers.
- Location was good & Freddie who met us and helped us to check in was incredibly friendly and helpful
- In front of the beach but is not nice, breakfast was cheap and good.
- It had a lively mood with people were staying and working there. The staff was understanding and helpful. The price was good and the property was by the beach. You could just grab your drink, walk to the beaches barefoot and enjoy the smooth sound and light breeze of waves.
The staff were just amazing! From when I walked in the door I was greeted by a guy named Steve, sound guy and went out of his way to look after everyone. Every hostel needs a guy like him.
Was meant to stay for 4 nights but the day before I was meant to leave it could feel a session coming on #couchparty and stayed an extra night.
I could write for days about this hostel, just go there.
You won’t be disappointed!
Oh yeah, the food is unreal there too ☺
- The staff were lovely. They were always up for a party. And we’re helpful when looking for a location.
One of our best sellers in Baan Tai! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. The Velvet is located in Baan Tai, 29 miles from Ko Tao and 3.2 miles from Ko Phangan. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a tour desk at the property.The guesthouse also provides car rental. Chaweng is 12 miles from The Velvet, and Lamai is 16 miles away. Samui Airport is 11 miles from the property.
- Helped us rent peds and showed us good places to see on the island
- Room was clean enough and you get a nice thick towel. Owner and staff are friendly. Great price
Nice staff, nice room, nice garden with a hammock, a cool bar with a pool table. Great price. Couldn’t have asked for more. The owner even lent me a pair of Snorkeling masks for free and helped me out with renting a motorbike as well.
Oh, and they have amazing Burmese food!
- Very clean, spacious, nice garden, close to 7/11, good food near the hotel, beach just across the street. Good rock music in the bar!
The owner is really great and helpful
the wifi is so good
the location is great
Phangan Guest House
One of our top picks in Thongsala.This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a barbecue, Phangan Guest House offers accommodations in Thongsala, just 28 miles from Ko Tao. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is featured.There is a shared lounge, ticket service and a gift shop at the property.You can play ping-pong and darts at the hostel. Ko Phangan is 3.5 miles from Phangan Guest House, and Chaweng is 13 miles from the property. Samui Airport is 12 miles away.
– great location
– the room and also the building are very clean
– breakfast provided is good
– pa’ Ying(the owner) and all staffs are very friendly and nice. I called her(pa’Ying) when i have a problem during stay there and she help me very helpful and nicely although i called her in the very early morning lol
- Very good bedroom, huge. You can choose your breakfast from the menu, so that’s great! Friendly staff.
- Owner and all staff are super friendly and always glad to help you. Room is one of the best we had in Thailand, and the big plus is the super breakfast included. One of our best places so far in booking
- Very quiet and extremely nice staff the owner and receptionist were very caring and delt with a situation that me and my friends had.
- 15 minutes walk from pier. Great hospitality. Overall clean and fresh. Nice smell. Lovely and helpful staff. Close to supermarket, 7/11, cheap food restaurants and bars. Full English for breakfast!
- – great location
Baan Kai Hostel
The Baan Kai Hostel is just over a quarter mile from Baan Kai Beach. is features cozy dormitory rooms and free Wi-Fi access, which is available in all areas. Other facilities available include a 24-hour front desk and a common lounge.Featuring on-site parking, the Baan Kai Hostel is 2 miles from Haad Rin Beach. Thongsala Pier is 6 miles away.Dormitory rooms at this hostel have either air conditioning or fans. They include shared bathroom facilities.Guests can enjoy local dishes at the restaurants located around the property.
Let’s start with the obvious: Great location! 10 mins walk to the beach. 15 mins drive to Fullmoon party beach. Cozy beds with curtains for privacy (loved that touch), charging points and reading lights for each bed. Clean place. Amazing common area to hang out and meet fellow travelers.
However the best part of this are the people running it — Khaup and Aziza! They’re the most caring and friendly people ever.
They always made sure that everyone is having a good time. Khaup took us out on a day trip around the island so that we could experience the real side of Koh PhaNgan (which is far more than just the Fullmoon Party), and yes, this whole trip was FREE. On my last day, Aziza, who manages the hostel along with Khaup, dropped me off in her bike to the pier to catch the Ferry. And yes, that was also free!
I loved this hostel! And will definitely be back✌️
- Aziza does such an amazing job acomodating for every need. she also takes people around the island for s more personal touch.
Really friendly staff, big family atmosphere.
Comfortable stay and affordable.
Not far from all the action!
Fantastic restaurant next door.
Recommend staying longer after the full moon to explore this beautiful island!
- Staff were amazing at helping us sort tickets out for events and transport. They even offered to take us places for free in their truck and were good at recommending things to do and see
- Great value for money, staff were very helpful and sorted anything we needed, you get what you want from a hostel and a little bit more.
- Let’s start with the obvious: Great location! 10 mins walk to the beach. 15 mins drive to Fullmoon party beach. Cozy beds with curtains for privacy (loved that touch), charging points and reading lights for each bed. Clean place. Amazing common area to hang out and meet fellow travelers.
Phatra Hostel Phangan
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Thongsala, 28 miles from Ko Tao, Phatra Hostel Phangan features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.Ko Phangan is 3.8 miles from Phatra Hostel Phangan, and Chaweng is 13 miles away. The nearest airport is Samui Airport, 12 miles from the property.
This is a Hostel and not a hotel as such I am reviewing it with note of the 3 things that are important to me in a hostel:
1. Security: the hostel owner is always on site and actually sleeps on the floor of the reception desk, she knows everyone at the hostel I felt extremely secure and even left all my wallet and camera gear in the hostel.
2. Comfortable bed and quiet environment, had both of this at the night of the full moon, great sleep.
3. Shower and cleaning: hot water wall day and great water pressure, another great thing about this hostel.
- It was perfect for me,good location,comfortable bed,friendly staffs
- The place is simply fantastic. And good value for money.
- Большой номер, хороший душ. Холодильник, чайник. Большая кровать. Кондиционер, вентилятор. Приятный вид на горы.
- Lage war super: 5 Gehminuten zum Hafen, super Shoppingmöglichkeiten um die Ecke und direkt neben dem Weekendmarket. Total sauber, sowohl der Dorm als auch die Badezimmer. Auf der Terasse ist leicht, neue Leute kennenzulernen.
- This is a Hostel and not a hotel as such I am reviewing it with note of the 3 things that are important to me in a hostel:
Top Hostels In Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Ban Madua Wan Koh Phangan. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!