10 Best Hostels To Stay In Bakio Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Bakio Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Bakio Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Bakio Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Bakio Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Bakio Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Bakio Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Bakio Basque Country:
Moana Surf Hostel
Located in Urduliz, 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches on the Bay of Biscay, Moana Surf Hostel features an indoor swimming pool. Free Wi-Fi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Surrounded by beautiful gardens, the guest house features a rustic décor with exposed wood beams and exposed walls. Rooms at Moana Surf come with wooden bunk beds made from skateboards, a safe and a private or shared bathroom. Bed linen and towels are also provided.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Basque dishes and a furnished sun terrace is available with barbecue facilities. There is also a living room with sofas and chimney where you can relax.The local area offers a great variety of outdoor activities whether in summer or winter and sports such as skateboarding. The beach next to the property is also popular for water sports such as sailing and surfing. Bilbao Airport is 20 minutes’ drive from Moana Surf Hostel.
- How friendly the staff were. It felt like being with old friends.
- we had our own room, the noise levels were kept to a minimum after 11pm which is great for a hostel. breakfast was included and was sufficient.
- The place looks fabulous, has a nice small indoor pool, summer terrace, clean and comfortable rooms and everything. Plus the location is perfect for visiting Bilbao, since you can go by car to the Metro station (3 minutes by car or 30min walk) and park there all day for free. The younger lady who is in charge of the accommodation was very nice and helpful.
- Lovely hostel with fantastic staff! Welcoming and helpful from the moment you arrive. Nice rooms and bathrooms and good communal areas to eat and socialize. The dinner we had made for us at the hostel was delicious but most importantly we felt part of the family!
Hostel close to surf spots.
Mundaka Hostel & Sports Cafe
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in the Biosphere of Urdaibai Reserve, Mundaka Hostel & Sports Café features a gym and shared lounge with a TV. There is also a restaurant and snack bar.The hostel offers shared dormitories and private rooms with air conditioning and lockers. All rooms have access to a shared bathroom with a shower.There are various restaurants serving characteristic Basque cuisine within a 5-minute walk of the properties. Upon request the hostel can organized various activities, such as windsurfing.Mundaka Train Station is 650 feet from the property and Bilbao Airport is 12 mi away.
The hostel is very close from the train station. Just 5 min walk. The beach is nearby – max 10 min walk. The hostel is directly at the seashore.
There is a restaurant next to it where you can buy drinks and food.
- Great place for the value the staff was very helpful and good food. Awesome place to stay!!!
- Location perfect. Parking was tricky but manageable (not sure the same would be true in the summer). Facilities/bathroom were all mostly clean, as were sheets etc. The waves were firing so I can’t be too fussy (5 mins walk from the port)! Spacious lockers with key provided by the bed.
- The hostel could not be closer to the main peak at Mundaka
- Understand, this is an albergue, not a hotel. The facility is large and modern. Mundaka is small so it is well located. The restaurant is pretty good for the price and serves large parties easily. But the fare is simple and pretty ‘fast food.’
- The hostel is very close from the train station. Just 5 min walk. The beach is nearby – max 10 min walk. The hostel is directly at the seashore.
Barrika Surf Camp
Located in Barrika, Barrika Surf Camp offers barbecue facilities. Featuring a shared lounge, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Facilities include a playground and free WiFi is accessible.The shared bathroom is equipped with a shower.The hostel has a terrace. A range of activities are offered in the area, such as snorkeling and cycling.Bilbao is 13 miles from Barrika Surf Camp, while Castro-Urdiales is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 miles from the property.
- My family and I stayed in a yerk on the property. It was are first time staying at a hostel and the staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- Great surf hostel and location in the middle of the nature with some shared space for networking but also enough space to enjoy some solo time. Good breakfast and meals! And really clean!surf classes were good and with professional and nice teachers!
- Owners are very well prepared to receive guests as well as to ensure surfing lessons are of great quality. Also they were very kind to provide transfer to the airport at no cost! I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and look forward to come again.
- Lugar con una súper buena relación calidad-precio! Todo está impecable y limpísimo! Ambiente acogedor y muy surfer!
- El trato es excelente. Tanto Lurta como Isaro e Iñigo son muy amables y se mostraron disponibles en todo momento. El ambiente con el resto de huespedes también fue agradable. Un lugar MUY recomendable!! Eskarrik asko!!
Albergue Turístico Moon Hostel Bio
This simple, functional hostel is set 10 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum. It offers heated dormitory and private rooms, 5 minutes’ walk from Deusto Metro Station.Rooms at Moon Hostel Bio feature vibrant décor and individual lockers. Private rooms have a private bathroom, while dormitories have bunk beds and a shared private bathroom.The property has a lounge area for guests to relax in. You can make use of maps, lockers and bicycle storage at reception, and staff can also arrange bicycle rental.Various bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets can be found on Lehendakari Aguirre Street, 100 feet away.Taxis and buses to various locations in the city stop 150 feet from the property and Deusto University is 1,300 feet away. The Fine Art Museum is 10 minutes’ walk away.Moon Hostel Bio is 1.9 mi from the historic center and Bilbao Cathedral. Bilbao Airport is 15 minutes’ drive away.
This hostel is perfect for a travel in the quartier of Deusto few minutes from the river and the center of Bilbao 🙂
The garden and the common room are great! The staff is helpful and polite
- good and fast wifi, bathroom is clean and good provided
- The hostel was in te city center near to everything. It was very clean. The staff was helpful and kind.
- Good location within an easy and pleasant walk to the Guggenheim.
Location is very near a supermarket and twenty minutes walk to the centre.
It was quiet.
One member of staff was reasonably personable.
Rooms were very clean and serviced daily.
- This hostel is perfect for a travel in the quartier of Deusto few minutes from the river and the center of Bilbao 🙂
Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located in Bilbao, 1,000 feet from Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. This Premium Hostel features a sauna.Most of the rooms located in this refurbished factory are equipped with a private bathroom and a personal locker. Every bunk bed comes with a night light, a shelf and USB connector. Bed linen is provided.You can find 2 wheel-chair adapted shared bathrooms in this property.This premium hostel feature a shared interior courtyard with a vertical garden and a shared lounge area with TV. Guests will have access to a shared kitchenette area with a fridge, dining area and microwave.The stylish on-site bar and restaurant offers characteristic local dishes and Pintxos.Other facilities include a 24-hour front desk at the property, and a laundry room available at an extra charge.Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel is located within walking distance from several restaurants, shops and bar areas.Bilbao Old Town is 0.8 mi from Poshtel Bilbao – Premium Hostel, while the Funikular is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- The whole stay was very awkward. Breakfast facilities where too late for me. I have been in extremely cheap hostel that have better facailitys for example plugs that fit all adapters. I think the beds need curtains. The toilets in room weren’t clean. The shower was broken in my room and so was the soap dispenser it fell on me. The staff where nice and helpful. Food overpriced and so was the stay. Couldn’t believe you had to pay for locks. Towels where cheap enough and sauna was great.
- Everything was great. Location, food, privacy, wifi. Can’t fault it, would 100% stay again
- Nice style in common areas. Cafe inside of the hostel – that’s very comfortable. Towels available for rent. Good location.
- Friendly staff, good location amidst many nice tapas bars. I liked this area more than the “old” town. Comfortable bed with warm blanket. It’s a big dorm but they try to make it comfy. Two bathrooms in the room and some more on the hallway and downstairs, which was sufficient. Generally clean. Great wifi. Overall good value for money, would stay again.
- The staff was very welcoming and helpful and one of them even got me coffee before I left. They could not have been more pleasant!
Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao
This modern hostel offers a chill-out lounge with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and views over the River Nervión and the Guggenheim Museum. Guggenheim Tram Station is 800 feet away.Botxo Gallery – Youth Hostel Bilbao has bold red, black and white décor with stylish murals. It offers spacious, air-conditioned dormitory rooms. Towels and bed linen can be rented from the reception.The hostel has a communal kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and fridge. You can also find a wide range of traditional tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.The Botxo Gallery is just 500 feet from Deusto University. The nearby tram station provides easy access to the historic city center.
- The Night Shift Guy is very friend, Star of the place!
- Very nice Place, in a Central position. The rooms are full of beds but i didn t have problem. Very clean and the staff very gentle. Good prices and breakfast incluted. I ve bene very good there!
- It was okay . Bed , showers but not one for a romantic trip.
- The location was awesome. A great value I would stay here again
- The coffee was good and the location was in the city center, near to everything.
Ganbara Hostel is in the heart of Bilbao’s historic quarter, on one of its famous Siete Calles, or Seven Streets. It serves a free breakfast, offers free Wi-Fi and features a 24-hour front desk, 2 communal lounges and a shared kitchen.Each of the simply decorated, modern dorms at Ganbara Hostel has heating, air conditioning and access to a shared bathroom with a hairdryer. Bed linens and lockers are included. Guests can rent towels at the front desk.The hostel also has a laundry room, and there are 2 TVs, a Wii, games and DVDs in the lounge area. There are also vending machines, luggage storage and tourist information available at the front desk.The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the Basque Museum and nearby Casco Viejo Metro station. Buses to the famous Guggenheim Museum stop a 10 minute walk away.Bilbao Train Station is less than half a mile from the Ganbara.
- Amazing location and servicr. Very generous breakfast and comfy lobby
clean room, bathroom and room
comfortable bed and blankets
lock and key provided for lockers
location was perfect, few minutes walk to the old town and metro
Good value for money
- Super location, kitchen well equipped, friendly staff, breakfast is good.
The building and the property seem pretty new to me. Accordingly, facilities work rather well and fulfil a good, modern continental standard.
Temperature in the sleeping room was fine and not too hot or humid.
Stuff was super friendly and helpful to let me in just a bit before midnight and also to let me stash my luggage the next day for some hours.
The lounge is very nice, and the staff was pretty helpful and welcoming, especially the girls.
The location is ideal, really close to everything in the old town and to the metro.
All Iron Hostel
Located in Bilbao in the Basque Country Region, 2,300 feet from Etxebarría Park, All Iron Hostel features a terrace and views of the mountain.The property offers dormitory rooms with a coffee machine. Lockers with individual sockets inside are available. This property is adapted for guests with disabilities.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hostel also offers bike hire. Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is 1.3 mi from All Iron Hostel, while Plaza Nueva is 2,650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.1 mi from the property.
- Very clean hostel, short wooden “walls” to seperate beds, lockers with plugs provided for free, Craftbeers available for a couple of euros in the hostel’s fridge, wifi is really good in the communal areas and ok in the rooms, security is good, possibility to park a car in the private alley, good coffee in the morning, supermarket round the corner opened till 9.30pm !
- I had to spend an extra day in Bilbao on a limited budget, I wouldn’t normally choose to stay in a city hostel but this experience has changed my opinion on that. There were few guests but I’d say even on a busier day the All Iron Hostel is a good choice.
Friendly, no fuss, clean and helpful. Choice of breakfast. Very good value for money.
You need to bring your own padlock for the lockers
- The staff are really friendly and helpful. Especially the female receptionist, she helped us with all our queries and despite us asking alot of questions, she was still very happy to be able to help us. Also, reception is available even after 10pm and we are grateful for that. Breakfast offered was also of great variety and it was very filling and good. Although the hostel is located up a small hill, the view outside the hostel is breathtaking and is totally worth the walk up. Neighbourhood is also more quaint but there are a few good tapas bars around. Its really value for money given its price!
- Staff were great!! Large room with big lockers. Bring your lock!
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Located in the Bilbao City Center district of Bilbao, Bcool Bilbao is 1,300 feet from Casco Viejo. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 1,650 feet from Arriaga Theater and around 0.6 mi from Athletic Club de Bilbao. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.At the hostel, rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom with a hairdryer.A Continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Bilbao Exhibition Center is 0.7 mi from Bcool Bilbao, while Bilbao Fine Arts Museum is 0.8 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 3.7 mi away.
- It was basically as mentioned. I never had any issues, facilities were large, with easy access to the bar area. Not too bad of a walk to more social areas.
- Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice terrace. No noise nuisance at all.
- The staff went out of their way to help me get my bicycle to the airport and were generally incredibly friendly and helpful.
- Friendly and helpful staff, near Casco Viejo. Clean and new, good wifi. A good option to stay en Bilbao for a nice price. Breakfast are really good.
- Helpful stuff, located good , the atmosphere was amazing ,
Quartier Bilbao Hostel
Located in the heart of Bilbao Historic Center, 350 feet from Santiago de Bilbao Cathedral, Quartier Bilbao Hostel offers rooms with free WiFi.Including bunk beds, all rooms have individual reading lights and lockers. Bed linen is provided, and towels can be rented for an additional charge.Other shared facitlies available at Quartier Bilbao Hostel include a rooftop terrace, a TV lounge with vending machines, and a kitchenette where the self-service continental breakfast is available.Set in a pedestrian street, this hostal is just 150 feet from the Ribera Market. Plaza Nueva is 400 feet from Quartier Bilbao Hostel, while El Arenal Park is 1,650 feet away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.7 mi from Quartier Bilbao Hostel.
- Very nice ambience in the common areas! And nice staff, especially Eliza! 🙂
- i loved it!!! the design, the location (it’s located in the old city, in a quarter with narrow streets with tattoo studios and flamboyant people), breakfasts (oh my!), staff (they are very helpful and supportive and fun), people you meet. i would go there for this true hostel spirit where you never feel alone.
- Good location and great staff! Thank you for your work!
- Perfect location of the hostel as it is situated in Caisco Vejo – Ribera Market tram stop is just 3 min away and it is easy way to Train station or Bus station, also Metro stop is 15 min away. Hostel is just few meters away from Ribera Market (Gastro Market is amazing with fab euskadi food and wine). Also near is Euskadi Museum (Bask Museum), found it just by coincidence.
- Friendly staff, good location near to tram and Casco Viejo, tourist info centre is 15min walk away to buy Bilbao Card
Top Hostels In Bakio Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Bakio Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Bakio Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Bakio Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!