10 Best Hostels To Stay In Andoain Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Andoain Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Andoain Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Andoain Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Andoain Basque Country. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Andoain Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Andoain Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Andoain Basque Country:
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Set on the Universidad del País Vasco’s campus, Olarain is 1,650 feet from San Sebastian’s Ondarreta Beach. It offers rooms with private bathrooms.Facilities at Olarain include a fitness center, paddle tennis and multi-use sports courts. There is also a games room and a sauna. Private car parking is available for a surcharge, while parking for motorcycles and bycicles is offered for free.The functional bedrooms all feature simple décor and have heating. Each has a work desk and free WiFi.Olarain has a large café-bar area, in the living room and in the library. There is also a computer room with free internet access.Olarain is set less than 1.2 mi from San Sebastian’s old town and the famous La Concha Bay. The number 5 and 25 busses to the city center stop 1,000 feet away.
BED AND PILLOWS WERE TERRIBLE BUT EVRYTHING ELSE WAS GREAT.
HAD A VERY BAD NIGHT SLEEP AND ALL YOU NEED WHEN TRAVELLING IS A GOOD BED AND TEHY COULD NOT OFFER IT.
Se were in suite and it exceeded my expectation. It was clean, comfortable, modern ,very well equipped and presented.
Handy location on walking distance to the beach.
Great room and bed! Friendly staff and good value breakfast! Staff going the extra-mile to communicate both in English and in Spanish 🙂
Very good wi-fi connection.
Reasonable location and lovely walk to the beach.
Slept well–after we were supplied with a fan for the room.
Great buffet breakfast.
The location of the hotel was excellent!
Few minute walk and you’re at the beach, shops and restaurants. Bus stop is nearby also.
- BED AND PILLOWS WERE TERRIBLE BUT EVRYTHING ELSE WAS GREAT.
Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea
This colorful hostel is located in Ametzagaña Park, 2.5 mi from the center of San Sebastián. It offers modern rooms and dormitories with free Wi-Fi, individual lockers and a private balcony.Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea’s restaurant serves a range of local and international food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a shared kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Guests have access to a terrace with mountain views.The hostel has a small football pitch, and there is also a terrace with picnic tables and park views. Free on-site parking and a storage room are also available.Each of the bright dormitories has heating and a bathroom with a shower. Bed linen and towels are provided.You can drive to central San Sebastián in 15 minutes from Green Nest Hostel Uba Aterpetxea. Here you can find the Kursaal Convention Center, a range of great restaurants and the famous beaches of La Concha and Zurriola.
- Clean and quiet! Nice staff! Easy to go by bus. Walk through the park.
- Super chilled vibes in a relaxing park. Pleasantly away from the noise of the city but only a 30 minute walk or bus journey from the centre. Cheep and cheerful.
24 hrs reception, with very kind and helpful staff
Modern and very functional building
Nice, clean rooms with bathroom in the room
Generous and well equipped eating/leisure area on the roof top
Delivery services for food, at good rates when restaurant is closed
GOOD VALLUE for money
It’s good value and the staff are nice.
Es muy barato y el personal es majo.
- Great view and have everything you need when passing through. Staff were super kind at all hours and Also very helpful.
Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta is located in San Sebastián, 650 feet from Ondarreta Beach. Free WiFi access is available. Extras include bed linen. At Albergue Juvenil Ondarreta you will find a terrace and a shared kitchen. Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities, a shared lounge and a tour desk.The hostel is 1.4 mi from Playa de la Concha, 1.5 mi from Victoria Eugenia Theater and 1.8 mi from Kursaal. Bilbao Airport is 45 mi away.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and scenery.
- The facilities were super clean! I loved that it is disability friendly. The staff were very accommodating considering I had to alter the booking last minute as the bus was delayed in getting to San Sebastián.
- Liked that it was cheap; Dorm room had big windows so room didn’t get too stuffy; Pretty massive kitchen downstairs if you need it
- They have a locker room, where zou can keep your belongings after you check – out. They also have a big common area with 2 computers (although we didn’t use them ) and a large kitchen. It is close to a beautiful beach. It is much much better than the average grade suggests.
- The hostel is located close to the beach, there is a storage room to leave a backpack and spacious kitchen. The personal is very helpful and friendly. Bring your padlock for the locker.
- Bathrooms were clean and nice showers! Hostel was quite modern and rooms were fine!
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Set in El Antiguo district in San Sebastián, 2,650 feet from Ondarreta beach, Koisi Hostel features stylish air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi and a communal terrace.At Koisi Hostel you can find both private and dormitory rooms. All dormitory rooms come with capsule bunk beds and nightlight. Some rooms come with private bathroom with shower. Bed linen is provided.You can enjoy the communal lounge, and the glass roof top terrace where the bar and restaurant are placed. The restaurant offers traditional pintxos, and a wide range of homemade meals, including several vegetarian options.Other facilities include touristic activities organization, a 24-hour front desk at the property where touristic advice is provided. Padlocks are available for sale at the reception.El Antiguo district offers shops and bars within a short walking distance. This area is popular for surfing, cultural activities and its gastronomy.La Concha beach is 0.6 mi away from Koisi Hostel, while El Peine del Viento is 0.9 mi away. San Sebastián Airport is 11 mi from the property.
Antiguo is a great choice for travelers interested in beach walks, promenades and scenery.
- We had the most helpful staff guide us with what to see and do, the room was comfortable and clean
- Location was amazing. Right by the beach and a really pretty walk to town. Dorm had a lot of space and was comfortable. Shower was really really good. Everything was very clean.
- Very clean and 1 free beer service is awesome. Bed is pretty comfortable. Nice to have a little privacy!
- good location. very large, new hostel. lovely city.
- The room was very spacious and super super clean. The location was a bit outside of the main attractions area, but therefor it was really really quiet which was great! Although the bar was closed we still got a welcome beer!
A Room In The City
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, A Room In The City hostel offers accommodations in central San Sebastián, 2 minutes’ walk from La Concha Beach. It is part of Convent Garden, an open social space that invites you to enjoy and live the local urban art culture. Guests have access to Convent Garden’s La Cripta bar and el Pation terrace.A Room In The City offers both shared and private rooms, all are bright and modern with city views. Rooms have either single beds or bunk beds, and there is a sink in each one. They have access to shared bathrooms and showers.The hostel has a fully equipped dining area with a microwave, toaster, kettle and kitchenware. There is also a social lounge with computers, board games and magazines, where you can meet other guests. A breakfast service is not offered.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property and luggage storage is available.A Room In The City has access through 2 different streets.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2,300 feet from the property and the nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 9.9 mi from A Room In The City.
- Good location, everything is clean and quite comfy. Price is fair
- The staff is very nice and helpful. The beds comfortable and the rooms look super cute with all the decoration. We had a nice view out of the window and it was not noisy at all.
- Everything. This might well be one of the best hostels I’ve ever stayed at. It’s always completely clean everywhere, it smells good (like seriously, the halls and rooms smell good. That’s not very common in a hostel). The location is great and relatively quiet at night. The bed… Just wow. I love beds with curtains, these were perfect. Comfy mattresses, light and plug. Great locker. All with an electronic wristband (so much nicer than a keycard) and always worked perfectly. Great wifi throughout the building. There’s a restaurant and bar too, yet I didn’t try them. Safe luggage storage. Just PERFECT. And very cheap , too. I would totally, absolutely stay here again!
- Everything! The bed is so comfortable, the privacy for each bed is splendid, then I have huge locker to store my stuffs. The location is extremely strategic, because it’s close to Playa La Concha. The staffs are also nice, and the everything in the hostel looks so fancy. I’d say that my stay here was amazing and I really had great time in San Sebastián.
- Dorm bed was probably best hostel bed ever. Light, table, curtain, wall pocket, usb, electricity, hangar and hooks all inside bunk bed! Lockable lockers for backpacks under it. Very nice! We could store our backpacks in hostel for a long time which was a great surprise. Staff was friendly, both roof terrace and ground terrace were nice. Ground terrace had confusing opening times though. Overall a great hostel, much recommended. If some policies were clearer it’d be 10/10.
Surfing Etxea Hostel
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in San Sebastian, less than 0.6 miles from Old Town, Surfing Etxea provides accommodations with a terrace and a shared lounge. Around a 14-minute walk from Victoria Eugenia Theater, the property is also 0.7 miles away from Calle Mayor and offers free WiFi. Kursaal Congress Centre and Auditorium is 0.8 miles away.Featuring a shared bathroom, some units at the hostel also offer a balcony.La Concha Promenade is 1.2 miles from Surfing Etxea, while Santa Clara Island is 1.3 miles away. San Sebastián Airport is 12 miles from the property.
Gros is a great choice for travelers interested in food, gourmet food and bars.
- What makes this hostel special is the culture that it fosters, bringing in a specific kind of person. Everyone you meet is really laid back and friendly, a great place to make friends when solo traveling. Also take advantage of free skateboard rentals.
Very clean and cosy common room.
Good bunk beds.
- Everything was smooth and well-organized. Perfect location and awesome atmosphere in the hostel itself. Good vibe and recommendations for surfers
The location was great , rooms were better than I expected .. the staff is super helpful.
They wrote down everything we should do for our stay and their suggestions were spot on!
-very friendly welcome from reception; thank you Diego!
-hostel layout is somewhat like a flat with a nice living space which makes it easy to meet other guests!
-location is perfect, really close to both the surf and the old town! Both are just a short walk!
Albergue Uztartza features free WiFi and views of mountain in Aduna. Among the various facilities of this property are a shared lounge and a bar.Guest rooms at the hostel come with a seating area. Rooms have a shared bathroom.Guests at Albergue Uztartza will be able to enjoy activities in and around Aduna, like hiking.San Sebastian is 12 miles from the accommodation, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 20 miles from Albergue Uztartza.
No reviews yet.
Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea
Offering a terrace and views of the mountain, Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea is set in Asteasu. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a shared lounge at the property.A number of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking. San Sebastián is 9.9 mi from Albergue Otardi Landa Aterpetxea, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 25 mi from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 19 mi away.
- Lovely! A family run place in the heart of beautiful countryside. Hearty homegrown and homecooked meals are served in the evenings with local cider (or wine or beer) and breakfast is also offered- all at very good prices. The children loved playing with the dogs and other kids in the garden, and we loved having a drink on the patio as the sun set, listening to the birds. Lots of wonderful hillside and country walks can be done nearby, and it is a fairly short drive to beaches at zarutz and San Sebastián. Owners so accommodating and kind. Recommended!👍👍😎😎
- The host family is so kind and friendly. They made an amazing for-course home cooked meal for dinner complete with beer and cider for €15/person, I highly recommend it. Staying here was like visiting family. The home is a 500 year old farm house that has been amazingly remodeled and restored. The property and view is gorgeous and peaceful and safe. It is a 30 minute drive from San Sebastián by car. The rooms are set up bunk-style.
La chambre était très spacieuse, très propre, les salles de bain aussi.
Le petit déjeuner était à volonté.
Nous avions oublié des bijoux et les propriétaires nous les ont renvoyé. Ils sont très gentils, ils parlent un peu français.
- Lo mejor del alojamiento, la familia que lo regenta, que nos atendieron muy bien desde antes de llegar. Si lo que quieres es tranquilidad, este es tu lugar. La habitación compartida para seis personas era amplia y cómoda. Todo limpito. A 25 kilómetros de la Playa de la Concha. Comida de la huerta que tienen allí mismo. ¡Nos encantó! Seguro repetiríamos.
- Bon accueil et le repas avec des produits du jardin et typique de la région est super et d’un très bon rapport qualité/prix.
One of our best sellers in San Sebastian! Balea Hostel is offering accommodations in San Sebastian. The property is located 2.7 miles from La Concha Promenade. The tour desk is available to assist guests in planning their days out.Featuring a shared bathroom, rooms at the hostel also feature free WiFi.Victoria Eugenia Theater is 2.9 miles from Balea Hostel. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- This hostel is really cute. I had a great time there with other travellers. It’s really clean. Maybe it’s a little bit out of the center but in case you don’t want to have a nice walk around the river you can take a bus, the bus stop is in front of the hostel. I can just recommend this hostel!
- The hostel is only 4 months old. It is quite funky and stylish. I was pleasantly surprised, the girls keep it lovely. Its a bit hard to find at first but I enjoyed being away from the bustle of the city centre. The river runs past, you can walk or cycle, there are shops and bars a short walk away. You have a choice of the Renfe train, Euskotren or buses into San sebastian
- Staff are very helpful and are polite, especially with my late check in. The shower itself is very good. The common area is alright too.
- The best price in San Sebastian for a great service thanks to an amazing and friendly staff. I was supposed to stay for one night but stayed for one week in the end 🙂 Of course, the location isn’t central, but the bus is right in front of the hostel so it’s very easy to get by. If you arrive at night, it can feel a little weird cuz it’s not very obvious where the hostel is and the neighborhood could seem a little odd at first but during the day and once you pass that first impression, you’ll see it’s actually a very nice environment / neighborhood and overall, a great hostel.
Belén, girl at the reception desk was very helpful, she let me enter to the room with the bike
Furniture and installations in the hostel seem to be new and in good condition, aesthetically hostel is very nice and modern
Downtown River Hostel
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Located in San Sebastian, an 8-minute walk from La Concha Beach, Downtown River Hostel offers accommodations with free WiFi. You can enjoy city view from the room.At Downtown River Hostel you will find a shared kitchen, shared lounge, tour desk and luggage storage. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including hiking and canoeing.San Sebatian Old Town, with numerous tapas bars, is an 8-minute walk from the property. San Sebastian Train Station and bus station are 1-minute walk away.
- activities allowed me to make friends, everyone was so friendly. I was afraid traveling alone w no plans would be a bummer, but this hostel allowed me to have so much fun and meet great people and have exciting events to look forward to. definitely recommend trying their planned activities and getting to know Mario 🙂
- The location of the Hostel was good. Staff was friendly and informative.
- Both the bath and the bedroom were clean. Good position.
- Staff was nice, most only spoke Spanish. Hostel does a lot of events like kayaking trips, hiking trips and pub crawls for decent prices and gives you the opportunity to meet lots of people. The bed was comfy and clean but the showers were not the best. The location is absolutely perfect. 5 min walk to the bus/train station and 5 minutes to the beach as well as close to bars and grocery stores. Highly recommend staying here!
- We had a really comfortable stay at this hostel. The location, the beds and the breakfast were all really good. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Top Hostels In Andoain Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Andoain Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Andoain Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Andoain Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!