10 Best Hostels To Stay In Ancón Panama – Top Hotel Reviews
Ancón Panama is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Ancón Panama. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ancón Panama. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ancón Panama. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Ancón Panama right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Ancón Panama with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Ancón Panama:
Hostel Mamallena is located in the Bellavista neighborhood in Panama City, just 12 miles from Taboga.The rooms come with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostel Mamallena, and Ancón is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 12 miles from Hostel Mamallena.
- Very nice building with amazing art and relaxed atmosphere. Free breakfast. Ok bed. Tour agency for San Blás inside the hostel is super handy!
- Good atmosphere, great laundry service ($5 per wash and done within hours), plenty of places to hang out. Pancake breakfast 🙂
- Hängematten bequem und sehr gut um mit anderen Leuten in Kontakt zu kommen:)
- Schönes Hostel mit Hunden und einem freundlichen Personal und 24std Rezeption. Eine gute Möglichkeit in dem Hostel die Tour auf die San Blas Inseln zu buchen. Frühstück im Preis inbegriffen. Aufbewahren des Reisegepäcks möglich.
- Pancakes ZUM Frühstück waren super, auch war das Personal sehr nett. Die Lage ist in Ordnung, es gibt allerdings nur wenige Restaurants in der Nähe
Hostel Casa Nativa
Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 11 miles from Taboga, Hostel Casa Nativa features a barbecue and sun terrace. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax.There is a gift shop at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostel Casa Nativa, and Ancón is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 14 miles from Hostel Casa Nativa.
- Casa Nativa is a relaxed place with a friendly vibe. The owners are helpful and nice and the place definitely has the most comfortable beds. I met many nice people here. Definitely try the burgers and pizza – they are amazing!
- Nice hostel, friendky stuff, good breakfast, always free tee, coffee and water
- It has a cozy garden so you can chill and talk to people
- Staff speaks English. Outlets at each bed. Good secure lockers. Plenty of bathrooms to accommodate all the guests.
- The house and the garden are beautiful. The staff is awesome. I liked the gratis Yoga-Lesson.
Lunas Castle Hostel
Lunas Castle Hostel is located in Panama City, 11 miles from Taboga and 16 miles from Gamboa. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play ping-pong at this hostel, and free use of bicycles is available. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- Very comfy pillow and decent bed. Nice having curtains on the beds. The showers were okay. No hot water but that’s to be expected. It was nice having free pancakes every morning. They really fill you up so I wasn’t hungry until 4/5 every day. The kitchen is a good size. The terrace in the back is really nice. The place was very overcrowded when I was there because a festival just ended so people were sleeping everywhere. Floor, couches, hammocks. But it’s nice the hostel didn’t want to boot them out for not having enough beds. It’s in a very nice location
- Location was amazing. Next to everything you want to get to in the Casco Viejo area. The hostel has great rooms to relax in, or nap in. Ppl are cool. I like the privacy curtains in dorms. The club downstairs is aw some!
- Good location, nice building, comfortable, hot showers, free pancakes for breakfast.
- Decent hostel in a great location in Panama City Old Town. What made the stay for us was Chris, cool American surfer guy who works here. He runs a daily (*free!!*) walking tour from the hostel which was really good, plus he also showed us round the local fruit shops and fish market. Generally really friendly and helpful guy who made sure we had a great day in the city. The lady working on reception was also really nice and super helpful with several things that we needed as well. Would stay here again.
- Good location and good place to meet other travelers.
Hostal Posada 1914
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Posada 1914 offers accommodations in Panama City, just 12 miles from Taboga.There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared kitchen and a gift shop at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental. Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostal Posada 1914, and Ancón is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Love the climbing wall and the place is decorated really nicely.
“Hostal Posada 1914” is a hostel, not a Hotel. You have to have this in mind.
For a hostel “Hostal Posada 1914” is a extremly good place!
Best thing is their staff. Very friendly and helpful. 1000 thanks to all of the crew.
Got a question or porblem? Just ask: They will help you!
Reception and Garden are full of nice surprises. Lot’s of funny and helpful items tobr found.
Starting with some drinks and snacks (for sale but cheap) going to swing chairs, free Tea & Coffee,
very nice places to sit and talk and so on…
Small breakfast (toast, butter + some kind of fresh fruits) are included and you have a big kitchen for public use downstairs… So if you want more for breakfast, just do it! (of course there is a fridge)
Only “negative” thing: You always need somebody who let you out because you can’t open the
Hostel gardens door on your own. But is it realy a bad thing? Security and trustment!
- Private rooms are small, but clean, some with a/c. The common area is very nice, makes it easy to meet people. Staff is very helpful and genuinely interested. Bikes can be rented (but no locks!), free breakfast is very small – just toast and coffee.
- Hostel Posada was a really great experience, the hostel is so funky and cool. I was only for one night there but I am sure I would have enjoyed very much a longer stay. It is very relaxing and chilled there, go and check it out!
Single room are comfy, shared bathroom are huge and clean, commun area are awesome and terrace upstairs perfect for morning coffed break. Very close to subway station (5min) that get you to Albrook. Very central, close to the sea and some dinning/bar areas, busses lines 10min walk.
Breakfast is simple but convenient and tasty.
Panama Hat Hostel
Located in Panama City, 1.7 miles from Canal Museum of Panama, Panama Hat Hostel boasts a terrace. Free private parking is available on site. Just 3 minutes drive away from Cinta Costera and located one block away from Calle Uruguay.Every room includes a private bathroom. Panama Hat Hostel features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. There is also a small shared kitchen.Metropolitan National Park is 1.7 miles from Panama Hat Hostel, while Presidential Palace is 1.7 miles from the property.
- I like the beds, very comfortable with electrical outlets nearby to charge devices. I like the room lighting there were two types one a darker lighting and the other brighter. There was plenty of space in the room. The bathroom had soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The location was decent for getting to the coast. The cost was a bit higher, but that was ok, both my roommates said they booked the room to get a more comfortable bed and good nights sleep before their flights in the morning. I enjoy speaking with the staff in the hostel and restaurant.
- The receptionist lady was most friendly and helpful
- Close to trendy popular areas, across from Buffalo Wild Winds and Waldorf. There is a restaurant and bar in front so you check-in with the cashier. $20-25 taxi ride and easy access for Uber. Overall, I would stay here again, I would just bring ear plugs and an eye mask.
- Restaurant in the hostel was very nice, vibrant, with a comfortable crowd. Staff was great. Safe location. Diversity of restaurants in the areas. Hostel was kept clean. Staff present 24 hours a day
- The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The dorm room had an ensuite bathroom and was very clean. Shower had great water pressure and they provide soap and shampoo.
Hostal Amador Familiar
Located in Panama City, 10 miles from Taboga, Hostal Amador Familiar features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking.All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostal Amador Familiar, and Ancón is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- Excellent staff, friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble!
- The breakfast was delicious… Staff is friendly and accommodating. It’s located near the bus station, banks, shops, restaurants and the biggest mall in Panama, Albrook Mall. Family friendly too. Great place to relax and have a good vacation or get away. Highly recommended this place.
- not a palace but nice and comfortable. The staff makes it feel like home.
The staff are very helpful, going out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and that I had good information. They love where they live and want you to enjoy it too.
Breakfast was included, but as I need to eat gluten-free and dairy-free, in some places it doesn’t work out for me. This time was wonderful, they went and found gluten-free bread (my first toast in a month!) and almond milk.
They also called an Uber and arranged taxis for me.
An overall lovely experience, if you are looking for a budget accommodation option in Panama City, I highly recommend Hostal Amador Familiar.
- Nice place, good price, child friendly, good location by cab : 5-10min from old town, <5 min from Albrook bus terminal or airport, be aware of the 4pm traffic jam during the week in order to avoid being stuck for a long time in the bus or cab (on Saturday and Sunday no huge traffic). People want to make your stay in panama city great and are very helpful.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Los Faroles offers accommodations in Panama City, just 13 miles from Taboga. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Los Faroles, and Ancón is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Los Faroles.
No reviews yet.
Hostal Carolina Princess Marbella
Located in Panama City, 12 miles from Taboga, Hostal Carolina Princess Marbella features an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool.Certain rooms include views of the pool or garden. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 16 miles from Hostal Carolina Princess Marbella, and Ancón is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from Hostal Carolina Princess Marbella.
- Breakfast was nice a good start to the day. Close to the multicentro mall and Hard Rock hotel. Not far to get the sightseeing bus. We really enjoyed the outdoor pool. Hot water was nice to have. Quiet at night for sleeping. French bakery near by. Clean kitchen to use for making meals. A great experience. We will be back.
- Nice pool in the backyard, close to the sea promenade
- The location is perfect and we loved how clean and modern everything is! And we loved the puppy!!
- Only the fact that you can go to the airport without rushing in too much traffic!
Lovely 2 suites rooms with private bathroom, beautiful garden with a big swimming pool and amazing location in a residencial and very safe area with lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Nice hostal keepers and clients. Correct price.
They can provide airport shuttle on request.
One of our best sellers in Panama City! Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 13 miles from Taboga, Hostel Siriri features a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the pool or city. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the hostel. Gamboa is 15 miles from Hostel Siriri, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Very nice breakfast and they also have a very nice pool! 🙂
- Very comfy rooms and facilities, clean environment and pretty furniture
- Free pancakes. We were in a bind with transportation plans getting cancelled and the hostel staff went above and beyond to get us on another shuttle and get us where we needed to go. They really went above and beyond.
- Not far from the city center, rooms look just like in the pictures. Clean bathrooms, no insects
- Very clean, close to restaurants, Hard Rock Cafe, in the middle of the city. The pool is also great and they have a good breakfast!
El Machico Hostel
One of our best sellers in Panama City! Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, El Machico Hostel is located in Panama City in the region of Panama, just 12 miles from Taboga. Free private parking is available on site.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at this hostel, and the area is popular for biking. Gamboa is 16 miles from El Machico Hostel, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- The staff are really friendly and helpful. Booked from UK, we also booked our San Blas tour through them San Blas Dreams, all really easy and seemless. All details are on a computer system so no mix up with costs. The pool is lovely, local beer is one dollar and breakfast is provided. We left at 5.30 am to go to San Blas and there were pancakes ready! Stayed in a private double with air con, it’s quite ferocious! Would highly recommend. The room even had towels
- A great place to crash to avoid the noise of Casco Viejo. Helpful staff and comfortable facilities.
- Staff was helpful in booking tours. Free breakfast was delicious and it starts early at 5am. Rooms were clean. Hot water.
- Everything. Very well thought out hostel, great bang for your buck and excellent service and facilities.
- I went in a lot of hostels in Panama and this is the best! Price, tours, organization and position! No doubt about where to stay the next time!
Top Hostels In Ancón Panama Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Ancón Panama to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Ancón Panama but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Ancón Panama. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!