10 Best Hostels To Stay In Altagracia Ometepe – Top Hotel Reviews
Altagracia Ometepe is beautiful and has lots of hostels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hostels in Altagracia Ometepe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Altagracia Ometepe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Altagracia Ometepe. To see which hostel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hostel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hostels of which we think are the best hostels in Altagracia Ometepe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hostels in Altagracia Ometepe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hostels In Altagracia Ometepe:
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Altagracia, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur, Hostal Miraflores features free WiFi access and free private parking.Certain accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.The hostel also provides bike rental and car rental. San Jorge is 17 miles from Hostal Miraflores, and Rivas is 20 miles from the property.
- Nice location on the beach. Convenient breakfast option available at the location.
- The room and bathroom were big. The location in Santa Domingo is central and right on the water.
- Room was clean, the staff was very friendly. You are right up to the santa domingo beach!
- Quiet place (we we’re there in low season) right by the beach. Friendly staff. Clean and spacious room (ours had private bathroom). Nearby restaurants and bar and also a small (local) supermarket.
- Pas d’eau chaude, sinon personnel très gentil disponible et petit déjeuner très bien avec une terrasse donnant sur le lac.
Featuring free WiFi, Hotel Kencho offers accommodations in Altagracia. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom.The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 29 miles from Hotel Kencho, and San Jorge is 17 miles away.
- Good place with an attached restaurant to serve as a base to tour Isla Ometepe.
- The room was very clean and the bed so comfortable. We could hang out on the balcony or enjoy the Restaurant. The Best of all were the very nice people who worked there. The owner is very easy going and helpful. Very good place to Start any kind of daytrips on Ometepe.
- The room is simple, however you get everything you need. Everything was clean and tidy, enough space for everything. Really nice to chill on the balcony in the evenings and relax. You can not get better for this price.
It was a great stay at kenchos. Manuel is a very nice Guy, helps you with everything. You get free water, breakfast and dinner are cheap and delicious.
There is nothing better for this Price.
- Perfect Location and friendly staff. 10- 15 min with motorbike to all the activities, beach and viewpoints. Must try is the kayak in the river! And the hike up to conception!
La Sabana Cheap House
La Sabana Cheap House it is located at the entrance of the concepcion volcano in Altagracia Ometepe Islan. Provide free WIFI throughout the property. Guests at the hostel can enjoy an american or continental breakfast.The Central Park, the Museum and the Church is 3 minutes by car. The best beach of Ometepe Santo Domingo is 10 minutes away and the famous eye of water 5 minutes by car.
No reviews yet.
Hospedaje La Penita
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hospedaje La Penita is located in Altagracia in the region of Ometepe, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a shared bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. San Jorge is 16 miles from Hospedaje La Penita, and Rivas is 19 miles from the property.
- Mark is a really nice guy and really tries to help you. Everything is possible if you just ask Mark. Mama Rosario’s food is amazing, you don’t have to go to another place. She takes your diet into account and makes delicious breakfast and lunch. Much more than I could eat!
Nice quiet clean place to spend a night. Very good price for the room, as well as food and beverages.
We ended up cancelling our reservation to head to a place with more of an active night life… the owner was very good about it! If you are looking for a quiet place to spend a night with a private room, clean facilities, excellent home cooked food, and friendly staff, this is the perfect little abode!
- The atmosphere couldn’t have been better. The owners are really nice and you can be sure you get the best care and will feel pleasant so that you can enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The fresh food of mamá is delicious. They helped me with transportation and got me a great guide for the Conceptión volcano. By the way they have the best WIFI reception of Nicaragua.
Typical Nicaraguan breakfast always including gallo pinto (like!!) but changed during our stay as well (eggs, cheese, bread). Owner was nice and the place felt a bit more as an airbnb than a hostel, which was nice. Family staying on the property as well and mom making delicious meals! Water wasn’t working for the first day but Mark and the family took good care of that and the next day it was fixed.
The addition of a bar is great, nice cold beers and sodas, cheap as well. We rented a scooter today which Mark fixed and that was awesome. They deliver the scooters or motorbikes, which is very handy.
- Our stay in La Penita was one of the greatest moments we experienced while travelling in Nicaragua. Lizzet, the owner of this place, is one wonderful person and great host! I would like to point out that her local knowledge is very precious. Living in Europe for couple of years, she can easily help you to understand all culture differences and guide you once you decide to visit Ometepe (must go destination!). Although this place is still in under the reconstruction with basic facilities to offer, there is a plan to establish a home-stay in the middle of glorious nature with different day-night activities for tourists…. And food is delicious! 🙂
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Santo Domingo, La Chiponga features free WiFi, a garden and sun terrace. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles away. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area and/or terrace. Some units also have a kitchen, fitted with a microwave and refrigerator. There is a private bathroom with a shower in each unit. Towels are provided.Altagracia is 3.9 miles from La Chiponga.
- Good location across the road from the water but it is rocky so not conducive to swimming. Also the East coast of the island seems to have rougher water than west. Nice design with some lovely quirks eg the bicycle spoke windows. High ceilings, cool and exposed brick was classy. Floor may have been polished cement – don’t remember tiles. It did have some wood strips on wall in room and bathroom where you could hang clothing. The side tables were innovative; the old reels from wiring. Clothes line up the back if you wanted to wash any clothing but a stiff breeze all the time. We had a room down a small corridor off the kitchen so nowhere to sit outside our room directly although some nearby. The staff were helpful and attentive. We picked up the bus directly outside the entrance next day so terrific location if taking public transport on the island. Playa Domingo is quiet at night time; no street lighting and few budget type restaurants.
- Very short way to the coast, just on the opposite of the street, where you can chill in hammocks. Big kitchen. Quiet.
- very friendly stafff who could not do enough. They even upgraded us to a larger apartments after a booking mix up as we decided to stay a few more nights. We enjoyed the cooking facilities. Feels like you are in the jungle as the monkeys jump all over the tin roofs!
Every morning the host is feeding the monkeys and the birds. It is a little paradise you can enjoy!
No restaurant at the hostel but clean kitchen is available. Also the comedor(small restaurant) is cross the street. The food and coffee are very good!
- The hostel is in a good location for many Ometepe activities. There are many good restaurants nearby. The staff are friendly and helpful. Elvis drove us to two petroglyphs sites. Room was clean and bed comfortable.
Santa Cruz Hostel
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Santa Cruz Hostel offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 6 miles from Santa Cruz Hostel, and San Jorge is 18 miles from the property.
- The bed was comfy. Food was good. Nice view of volcano. Friendly staff.
- The view from the terrace is amazing! Hammaks, comfortable rooms.
- Location and view at sundown garden. Staff were nice but would be better emplayed cleaning and painting rooms etc instead of doing very little all day.
- Yes, the view is exceptional as almost all the reviews state. The pictures aren’t lying: its exactly as pretty as that, but better when seeing the view of Conception (with the garden) for yourself. The hostel itself is good as well. It has nice (outdoor) common area’s, including the attached restaurant. It also has laundry service (a very nice lady hand-washes your clothing) which is fast and cheap and the rooms (dorm) is clean. The staff is friendly (although almost no English). Little store right in front of the hostel.
- Garden, Views towards Volcano, nice breakfast (Extra payment), central location on island, ability to book tour via hostel
Hotel Casa Moreno
One of our best sellers in Moyogalpa! Hotel Casa Moreno is set in Moyogalpa. This 3-star hostel offers free WiFi.At the hostel, the rooms are equipped with a wardrobe.Hotel Casa Moreno offers a terrace. The area is popular for cycling, and bike hire is available at the accommodation.Altagracia is 8.1 miles from Hotel Casa Moreno.
- Very good place to stay. Staff was nice and helpful. Clean rooms, hot water, very quiet place. It’s located very close to the center and ferries, at the same street that police station – it’s safe. Nice common areas.
Very friendly and very helpful staff. Clean rooms, nice bathroom, free coffee in the morning.
Some great places to hang out and chill on the balcony and rooftop.
Great recommendations for good restaurants, the best one is right on the opposite side of the street.
Definitely one of the best accommodations on our trip and just a great place to stay…
- Amazing staff, so friendly and with a great level of English if needed. Also have a fantastic tips for the island and helping rent bikes or motos etc. Dorm room was great, beds comfortable and the room quiet. The location has you just a small walk out of town and many places to relax in the grounds.
- The hotel is on a quiet street, a few blocks from the port. Not too far from the port where the ferry comes in, or hard to find. The room was clean and simple, good linens. My favourite part of the hotel was the provision of outdoor chair in front of my room, hammocks on the deck and, best of all, the dome room with nice seating and small tables, and amazing view of the volcano. Staff also friendly and helpful, especially at check in.
- Staff was very friendly and helpful, and insisted we asked any questions we had on our mind. They helped us plan any trip or tour. The atmosphere was great, rooms were basic but sufficient.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Los Chocoyos offers pet-friendly accommodations in Mérida. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hostel also provides bike rental. San Juan del Sur is 25 miles from Los Chocoyos, and Altagracia is 8 miles from the property.
It is on the lake.
We hiked Maderas and walked from Los Chocoyos.
There are restaurants down the street.
Breakfast is included.
Towels are included.
The hostel was perfectly located (nice view on El Concepcion, every evening you see the sunset, and ideally to go kayaking on Rio Istiam or hiking to the waterfall of San Ramon)
Breakfast was lovely (3 options you can chose from).
Bikes were available
- The view from the bedroom was amazing and we appreciated the breakfast.
Fantastic view of the lake made for amazing sunsets! Staff was really helpful and created a great atmosphere on the hostel.
We liked to have the opportunity of renting both bikes and kayaks.
The hostel is quite in the middle of nowhere and the most noise came from the roosters walking around. Great place to get away!
The view is amazing, the food is good, you’re really near the lake
The owner did forget our reservation and we had then an upgraded room for the same price (very spacious). We met a girl who had the same « problem » (reservation forgotten) and she had then a room in another hostel.
- It is on the lake.
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Located in Balgue, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur, El Zopilote features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. The hostel has a playground and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the mountains, lake or garden are featured in certain rooms.There is a shared lounge, a tour desk and a shops at the property.Bike rental is available at this hostel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 6 miles from El Zopilote, and San Jorge is 19 miles away.
- Food was amazing! Real eclectic feel to the place.
- Beautiful, unique property, very nature and enviro orientated. Amazing food!
The permaculture farm, which you can volunteer to work on for however
long you stay. They also have a tower you can climb to a platform
where you can watch the sunset. People were raving about that. This
may actually be a good place, but due to my personal treatment, Im
not a fan.
- I love the Permaculture farm here. Solar energy, compostable toilets amd limited wifi locations make this hostel a friendly, social atmosphere. The restaurant is also fresh, authentic and delicious. Harmoney’s yoga session was also amazing!
- In the jungle. Free yoga. Great food. Relaxed. Possibilities for activities in the area.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Ibesa offers accommodations in Moyogalpa. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.There is free shuttle service at the property.Salinas is 30 miles from Hostal Ibesa, and San Juan del Sur is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from Hostal Ibesa.
- Good location in Moyogalpa, close to the port and ferry. Cute do and the room was not too hot or stuffy. Good book exhange.
- We have now been travelling for 11 months and have been in Nicaragua for 3 weeks and can say this is one of the worst places we have stayed on the whole trip. The plus points are that it’s cheap ($15 per night for a private room) and the WiFi is good (when it works!)
- The hostel is in the house of the family. You have everything you need, the kitchen is equipped and the 2 girls don’t care about what you do
- The staff is nice. Close to resturants super market and bike rental places.
- Basic and worth of money. I ended up staying for four nights and explore the Island from there. Lady who works there during days is so nice and it helps if you know spanish. There is a kitchen you can use, wifi works and water is free. Location is good on the Cost close to the city.
Top Hostels In Altagracia Ometepe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hostels to stay in Altagracia Ometepe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hostel because there are just so many places to stay in Altagracia Ometepe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hostels in Altagracia Ometepe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!