10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Stowford Devon – Top Hotel Reviews
Stowford Devon is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Stowford Devon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Stowford Devon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Stowford Devon. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Stowford Devon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Stowford Devon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Stowford Devon:
Harrabeer Country House
Located in Yelverton, 25 miles from Torquay, Harrabeer Country House features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The guesthouse also provides bike rental. Plymouth is 9 miles from Harrabeer Country House, and Exeter is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 34 miles from the property.
Property is set in a quiet location but for (us) walkers ideally situated close to exhilarating and scenic walks along with easy walking distance to town centre.
Hosts were enthusiastic about their business with nothing being too much trouble: breakfasts were tasty and plentiful (with a couple of added, and much appreciated, extras each morning!).
- A very welcoming and relaxing environment. Nothing is too much trouble. This was our third visit and we hope to return. Excellent breakfasts.
- Hosts Amanda and Michael went out of their way to make it wonderful -from being met as we drove up, tea and hotcross buns in the bar to relax before being shown to out room, great food and expert local knowledge
- attention to detail the excellent food the Harrowbeer Hotel are the perfect hosts thank you for an outstanding break
- Best night sleep in months, Amanda was amazing , tea and scones on arrival super. Nothing was too much trouble. Amanda gave us 1st class service. Definitely will stay again
- Property is set in a quiet location but for (us) walkers ideally situated close to exhilarating and scenic walks along with easy walking distance to town centre.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Tinhay Mill offers accommodations in Lifton. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Plymouth is 20 miles from Tinhay Mill , and Padstow is 30 miles away. Newquay Airport is 35 miles from the property.
- The breakfast ? was superb, as was the log burner. Nothing was too much trouble for the hostess.
- Excellent well equipped room with plenty of heating! Host was friendly and extremely helpful!
- The Welcome when I arrived as it was the day of the storm ⛈ –
- Beautiful room! There are a few pubs within walking distance for dinner and launceston is a short drive away
- Comfortable room and bed, very clean, delicious breakfast.
By the River Tamar, Newmoor Park offers luxurious bed and breakfast accommodation less than 3 miles from Launceston. With free parking and Wi-Fi available in the main house and guest rooms, this Devon guest house has 9 acres of grounds, with a children’s treehouse, trampoline and a conservatory lounge.Newmoor Park has been awarded prizes by one of Britain’s most prestigious travel guides. Each guest room is stylishly furnished, and has its own seating area, a flat-screen TV, radio, alarm clock and ironing facilities. Some rooms have a king-size bed and a balcony, and all have en suite bathrooms, with a bath and/or shower, and complimentary toiletries. The property also offers a Mongolian Yurt tent set in the grounds.An award-winning breakfast is served each morning, including continental.Newmoor Park lies around 10 miles west of Dartmoor National Park, and is just over 30 minutes’ drive from Tintagel on the north Cornwall coast. St Austell and the Eden Project are both around 45 minutes’ drive from this guest house.
- Friendly hosts and nothing too much trouble. We had a lovely comfortable room, everything very clean, best mattress I’ve slept on in ages. Loved all the hens, ducks and peacocks!
- The croissants were freshly baked, excellent breakfast beautifully presented.Hosts friendly and helpful, pleasant and comfortable surroundings.. Perfect.
- Our hosts, Martyn & Joseph, could not have done more to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, delicious breakfasts and Nice hot showers. We will be back!
- Hosts were very attentive and could not do enough to ensure we were well looked after. Facilities were very good and grounds excellent. Breakfast was tailored to our needs with first class ingredients.
- Beautiful surroundings and grounds by the River Tamar. The children loved all of the animals on site and there was plenty to do (especially if you enjoy nature, e.g. watching bats flying across the river). Friendly and responsive staff. Staying in a luxury yurt was a first, but it was a fantastic experience and certainly ticked all the right boxes.
Located in Launceston, 22 miles from Plymouth, Malory features free WiFi access and free private parking.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Padstow is 28 miles from Malory, and Port Isaac is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 34 miles from the property.
- Fantastic accommodation, wonderful hosts and dog friendly too. The breakfasts were second to none and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Fran for making our stay so relaxing and memorable.
- Amazing home cooked breakfast with nothing too much trouble.
- Excellent stay! Lovely accommodation lovely people lovely breakfast! Will definitely stay again!
- The whole stay. Our hosts were a marvellous couple who did all they could to make us feel welcome.
- Return visit to Malory and everything was just as great as before.
Fox & Hounds Hotel
Situated on the edge of North Dartmoor between Tavistock and Okehampton, this family-run hotel with restaurant is open all year round.Homemade meals and bar snacks are served all day long, and a daily specials board offers a selection of fresh fish and vegetarian meals. Breakfast is served from 7am onwards.Fox & Hounds Hotel is about 25 miles from Exeter and Plymouth. Local attractions include: Lydford Gorge, Morewellham Quay, Cotele House Launceston, Okehampton Castle, the West Devon Way and major bike routes. The hotel can arrange activities such as hiking, golf, horseback riding, folk weekends and water sports.
- Nice size room, clean tidy great value for money. Very helpful staff.
- Staff were very efficient and friendly. Food was good.
Very friendly staff. Spotless room and excellent food (plentiful size portions) big chalk board menu in addition to main menu. Hosts could not have been more friendly and accommodating and superb breakfast.
As we were in a room at the front there was a lot of traffic noise which we are not used to but otherwise highly recommended.
- Great friendly staff, really good dinner and super breakfast.
- Our rooms were very comfortable. Our only concern was that we had to leave early – before brekfast. But the staff started brekfast early for us. Excellent service!!
The Coach House Hotel & Restaurant
The Coach House Hotel & Restaurant is located in Tavistock, 30 miles from Torquay and 13 miles from Plymouth. The guesthouse has a terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room has a private bathroom.Port Isaac is 28 miles from The Coachouse Hotel, and Dartmouth is 31 miles away. Newquay Airport is 36 miles from the property.
- Lovely staff and a friendly welcome. Good breakfast.
- The owners went out of their way to provide every comfort. They had read that I had a dairy allergy and had soya milk available in the room. They cooked an excellent breakfast and evening meal.
- Superb hosts, felt like home from home. Idyllic location, really peaceful. Great food. Trish and Steve bent over backwards to accommodate all of needs
- Peaceful, quiet hotel, in the middle of the country side. Views of fields out of the bedroom window. Really friendly staff.
We stayed in room number 1. We had to arrive just slightly later than the advertised check in time. Steve was very helpful and even made me a cheese toastie.
Amazing large powerful shower! Comfy drinking area with sofa and tv.
All staff very friendly and breakfast is served very fast!
Love that it’s dog friendly although we didn’t use this facility.
Featuring free WiFi, Collaven Manor offers accommodations in Okehampton. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.Torquay is 29 miles from Collaven Manor, and Plymouth is 22 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 29 miles from the property.
- The grounds were beautiful, the atmosphere tranquil. The bed was huge & comfortable, the room large and well-appointed. Breakfast was excellent
- Lovely old character house; very welcoming owner and very good breakfast
- Great location, fabulous setting, fantastic breakfast, friendly staff.
- good parking space. the lounge area looked comfortable but I didn’t use it.
- We have stayed in this hotel previously and were delighted to return especially knowing that nasty weather conditions were imminent. It was very convenient for us; we were made especially welcome.
Harvest Home Guest House and Restaurant
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Harvest Home Guest House and Restaurant is located in Tavistock in the region of Devon, just 29 miles from Torquay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV and DVD player are available.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Plymouth is 11 miles from Harvest Home, and Port Isaac is 29 miles from the property. Exeter International Airport is 37 miles away.
- The owners were very friendly. The food was lovely, fresh and perfectly cooked.
- We had an excellent evening meal here, and the breakfast was very good. The room was good, and bathroom was large, and very clean.Bed was really comfortable. A very nice break for us, so near to Tavistock, and Dartmoor.
Breakfast was fine. Dinner suited what we were looking for and cooked well.
Good size bedroom and bathroom
- Super comfy bed, large room, lovely breakfast and really friendly owners.
- Ideal stopover with welcoming hosts and cosy warm comfortable facilities. Good breakfast.
Meadowlea Guest House
Meadowlea Guest House is located in Okehampton, just 28 miles from Torquay.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bike rental is available at this guest house and the area is popular for hiking. Plymouth is 26 miles from Meadowlea Guest House, and Exeter is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 25 miles from Meadowlea Guest House.
- Rapid overnight stay, yet a friendly welcome from Mark, sound accommodation, comfortable beds, excellent breakfast served by Leslie: very good value.
- Lovely clean and comfortable room and lovely friendly hosts. Breakfast was fantastic.
Great welcome. Super coffee.
One of the best b&b’s we have stayed at.
- Super friendly proprietor; both rooms (single with shared facilities and a twin with ensuite) were great and the twin was particularly lovely with an ensuite I would readily label as luxurious. Particularly impressed that fresh milk was available to use with the coffee/tea making facilities. The breakfast was fantastic with lots of choice, made to order.
- Very close to meeting venue. Nice room, excellent breakfast. Friendly staff.
The Old School House
One of our best sellers in Yelverton! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Old School House offers accommodations in Yelverton, just 25 miles from Torquay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a shared lounge at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Plymouth is 10 miles from The Old School House, and Exeter is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 34 miles from the property.
- Lovely welcome on arrival, great light room with all essentials, everything was thought of. The shower was great and made better by lovely handmade soap in the room. The bed was really comfortable, we slept like a log! Breakfast was absolutely delicious. Everything was ideal, we would definitely come again and reccomend to anyone coming to the area. Our host was incredibly welcoming and helpful when we needed help booking a local taxi
- Beautiful home cooked breakfast with local products and homemade jam and marmalade.
- Excellent breakfasts in a welcoming comfortable home.The hosts could not have been more hospitable and helpful.
Maxine is a great host, she is really helpful -she adviced us regarding the pubs in the area and the best route to visit the park.
The room is very clean and bed is confortable. We had a very good night!
Breakfast is amazing, they use fresh and locally sourced products.
We will come back!
- The owners Chris And Maxine Were very helpful and friendly could not do enough to help Us when We needed Them so We want to thank Them Both very much.
Top Guest Houses In Stowford Devon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Stowford Devon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Stowford Devon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Stowford Devon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!