10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Santa Coloma Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa Coloma Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Santa Coloma Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa Coloma Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa Coloma Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Santa Coloma Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Santa Coloma Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Santa Coloma Basque Country:
This simple and pleasant guest house is set in the centre, 5 minutes’ walk from Amurrio Train Station. It offers comfortable rooms and free Wi-Fi, 18.6 miles from Bilbao.Rooms at Hostal Ayala feature traditional decor and wooden floors. All include central heating, a TV, desk and a private bathroom. There is a shared balcony.There are various bars, restaurants and shops within 5 minutes’ walk of the property, which is set just next to the town’s main park.The Ayala is 1,300 feet from the town’s Licor Museum and there is a Basque Gastronomy Museum in Llodio, 6.2 miles away.It is 30 minutes’ drive from the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, where you can find the Gujuli Waterfall. Vitoria is 24.9 miles away.
- For the money the hostal was very good value. There was a fridge in the room and also a common room where the lady left water, cakes, bread and coffee etc. For us the good thing was the fact that the train station was a five minute walk away as we had to visit family in a nearby town. The proprietor and cleaning lady at the Hostal were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and towels were changed regularly.
- Really friendly staff, we arrived quite late first day, yet they still wait for us, great tips for food during the staying. Highly recommended!
- The hostess was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable.
- Lo nueva que era la vivienda y el trato tanto de la chica que nos acogió a la llegada como de la que se encargaba de la limpieza.
- Como he podido comprobar, lo mejor del Pais Vasco es su gente. Tanto Estibaliz como su compañera son super atentas y agradables. Nos hicieron de guias y nos recomendaron sitios y comidas. ¡Aupa Estibaliz!
Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema is located in Bilbao. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with a TV and air conditioning.Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with free toiletries.Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge, where guests can make use of the coffee machine and free mineral water.Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema is in the Casco Viejo, 650 feet from Catedral de Santiago and 1,650 feet from Etxebarría Park.Bilbao Airport is 5 miles away.
- Loved the style, great location and friendly staff
- We had one night in Bilbao and this hotel was perfectly located at a reasonable price. The decor was super chic. We had the Fellini room. The bed was really comfortable, the shower had great water pressure and the little products provided were really nice (including a Nespresso). Marijo was lovely and told us everything we needed to know for one night in the city including great pintxos.
- Great location, spotlessly clean,very friendly and helpful staff, very stylish, great coffee machine!
- Bed was really comfy, room quirky, reasonable size, clean & the location in the old town was excellent, staff really friendly
- Fantastic location in the Old Town, very comfortable room and bed, great decor. Free wiwi and an excellent De Longhi coffee machine with pods replaced every day! Very friendly welcome from the proprietor too. I would definitely stay here again!
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Offering stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, Basque Boutique is located in Bilbao’s Old Town, 500 feet from Santiago Cathedral. It is 10 minutes’ walk from Bilbao Abando Train Station.Each room is individually decorated with unique, hand-made furnishings and artistic finishes inspired by Basque culture. Each one has a TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Basque Boutique features a shared lounge area where guests will find tourist information. There is a wide range of restaurants and bars in the area, where guests can try Basque pintxos.Casco Viejo Metro Station and La Ribera Tram Station are within 1,000 feet of the hotel. Buses to Bilbao Airport leave from Plaza Moyua Square and take about 20 minutes.
The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable and staff were very nice.
There is free good coffee in the common area and the whole place is beautifully decorated.
- Lovely boutique hotel in the *heart* of the old city (Casco Viejo), crawling distance from those fabulous pintxo bars 😉 Wonderful amenities and thoughtful touches (bottled water, bathroom goodies). Owners are very professional and do their very best to take care of their guests.
The location was excellent-in the old town -el casco viejo-and surrounded by bars laden with pinxtos and restaurants.
The quirky decor in the hotel.
The fresh bottles of water left in our room each morning and clean towels after two days.
The push button code system for gaining access to the building.
- Great room with fantastic location and quirky details
- Quirky bedroom. GHD’s and good hairdryer in bathroom. Good location
- The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable and staff were very nice.
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Totally refurbished in January 2018 Casual Serantes offers new charming nature decorated heating rooms in Bilbao city centre 150 feet from Santiago Cathedral. The guest house features free WiFi.All rooms are bright and feature modern décor, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a free safe, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The property has a shared lounge with free coffee and tea facilities, cutlery, fridge and microwave.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.7 miles from Pension Serantes.
- Very central, very clean, new, extremely friendly staff.
- Having arrived later than expected the manager appeared to let me in within 10 minutes. This was excellent as the Pension is unmanned. It was a holiday weekend and so no ensuite rooms were available but I had a beautiful shower room next door. The room was large, very clean and is in an excellent location. The sister Casual in Bilbao looked after my rucksack all day. Brilliant place.
- Room was perfect, comfy bed, all new. The place is in a nice street, shops around, nice food and nightlife. In the old city’s heart. Metro station just in 7 min walking. Staff so helpful, clean and tidy. Had a great time.
- Perfect location. Only one issue – is a parking availability. Overall – nice place
- Excellent location right in the heart of Casco Viejo. Incredibly friendly and welcoming staff. Very comfortable beds and newly refurbished rooms.
Casa Aingeru is located in the Basque Country’s Carranza Valley, 30 minutes’ drive from Laredo Beach. It offers rustic accommodation with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The house offers traditional Basque food in the lounge, where you can enjoy your meal next to an open fire. There is also a bar.Casa Aingeru has a laundry service, and massages are also available for an extra cost. There is a barbecue in the garden.Staff at the house can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area. Bilbao is an hour’s drive away, and you can drive to Santander in 45 minutes.
- Friendly and helpful staff/Proprietor. The meal and location were great
- Location is incredible. Staff very kind and friendly. I felt being in family. I hope coming back soon.
- La comida estupenda, las habitaciones geniales y la dueña (Belén) una persona única. Para volver.
- Íbamos a conocer el valle de Karrantza y nos entusiasmó. La temperatura y el tiempo atmosférico fue mejor que el que se anunciaba.
- La atención por parte de la dueña que estuvo en todo momento pendiente de nosotros. Las instalaciones.
Pensión San Mamés is located right next to Athletic Bilbao’s San Mamés Football Stadium and the Termibus Bus Station. Rooms have flat-screen TVs.All accommodation at the San Mamés is equipped with central heating and free WiFi. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can make use of a computer and printer in Pensión San Mamés’ lounge and TV room. Luggage storage and a 24-hour reception are available.Pensión San Mamés is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum and 5 minutes from the International Trade Fair. San Mamés Metro Station is just metres away and offers easy transport around Bilbao. Airport buses stop just opposite the property.
The lady on Reception, extremely helpful.
Good position in town.
- Location near Estacion de Autobuses, stadium, museum and other atractions. Restaurant, tapas and bars near hotel. Hotel was clean, quiet, good service and everything. I recomand.
- I stay here once before and it was good for what I needed, hence I stayed again.
- Excellent hotel with friendly staff (especially the girl at afternoon shift was gorgeous!), perfect location, excellent value for the price
- Lovely welcoming staff, patient with my poor Spanish and very helpful
- The lady on Reception, extremely helpful.
Pension Zeus is 150 feet from Barakaldo’s Gurutzeta/Cruces Metro Station and 2,450 feet from the BEC Exhibition Centre. It offers simple, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The hostel has a terrace with a table and chairs where you can relax. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in the Basque Country.The Zeus is opposite Barakaldo’s Cruces Hospital, and Megapark Shopping Centre is 5 minutes’ drive away. There are many bus stops nearby.Central Bilbao is a 10-minute Metro journey from Pension Zeus. Here you can find the world-famous Guggenheim Museum as well as a wide range of bars and restaurants. Bilbao Airport is just 12 minutes’ drive away.
- The staff was very nice. Metro stop is very close. Fantastic to go to the BEC.
- It was clean and in nice old style finished room. The staff was speaking no english, but was very nice.
- a very nice little hotel which is directly located at the public transport system (metro). there are several cafes and shops close to the hotel. the staff is very nice and the room was cosy and comfortable. at night it was very quiet. i would definatly recommend the place!
- close to metro to city center (15 min.´far) and quite
- adorable deck area on the second floor overlooking the quiet little community
Pension Zorroza 1
Offering rooms with free Wi-Fi, Pension Zorroza 1 is located 3.1 miles from the centre of Bilbao, in the Zorroza district. It has good connections to public transport and is 5.6 miles from Bilbao Airport.Each room at Pension Zorroza has simple décor. There is heating, a TV and a private bathroom.Cafés, bars and restaurants can be found in Bilbao’s centre, which can be reached in approximately 20 minutes by tram or bus.The famous Guggenheim Museum is 2.5 miles from the guest house. Bilbao Cathedral and the surrounding old town are 15 minutes’ drive away.
- Private bathroom, we were greeted by a super nice man and the rooms (4) were spacious and quite comfortable. We could tell one of the rooms had a smoker guest and the host immediately arranged another room.
- La cercanía a la estacion de tren y un barrio con las tiendas y bares suficientes.
- Aún haciendo un esfuerzo no encuentro nada que me guste.
Ничего. Может быть только возможность поспать после долгой дороги на машине из Барселоны. Более-менее удобства: туалет и душ.
- El precio no está mal, pero no sé ajusta aún así a la calidad.
Pension Vista Alegre
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! This guest house is set in a quiet area, close to Vista Alegre’s Bullring and Ametzola Park, and 1,950 feet from the famous Guggenheim Museum. Just over 0.6 miles from Bilbao’s old town, it offers functional double and twin rooms.Each room at Pensión Vista Alegre features a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, a sink, and has access to a shared bathroom.Pensión Vista Alegre offers a communal lounge with TV. Numerous bars and restaurants can be found in the surrounding area.Ametzola Train Station is 5 minutes’ walk from the Pensión.
- Within walking distance to Bilbao Bus terminal, Ath.Bilbao Stadium, Restaurants and not so far away from Guggenheim Museum and river area. Place is clean and looks new. Ensuite sink, small TV, closet, etc. Shared bathroom is spacious and clean. There are several for the whole floor. Place was not so crowded and checking was smooth. No outside noise in what it seems a buzzing neighbourhood. Landlady lives within premises.
- Great location near bus and tram routes which can be reached within 10 minutes walk. Good value for money.In a quiet neighbourhood with excellent restuarants and bars where you can experience local cuisine and the neighbourhood feel.
Great and quiet location
nice, comfortable, clean room with a small desk
spacious clean outside bathroom
easy check-in and check-out
walkable from train station and Guggenheim
- The staff was very friendly, very clean place, no problem having to share a toilet with the neighbour-room! Great to stay if you’re just stopping by Bilbao, simple and good location.
- Very nice owner and quiet location, just out of the city centre. The only place I stayed in Spain where you got two decent pillows (very important for a good nights sleep!)
Centrally located in Bilbao, Pension Arias offers free Wi-Fi and 24-hour reception. It is 5 minutes’ walk from Ametzola Train Station and 20 minutes’ walk from the historic centre and Guggenheim Museum.Heated rooms feature wooden floors and come with a bedside table and flat-screen TV. Bathroom facilities are shared.Luggage storage is offered and tourist information is available. Buses, trams and taxis can be found nearby, and it is 10 minutes’ walk to Indautxu Metro Station.
- The lady that dealt with me on arrival and during my stay was friendly. We got by with signs and gestures as I didn’t speak a word of Spanish. Well Hola was about what I could muster.
- On arrival, check in was really easy and the lady who buzzed me in was really nice, although I spoke no word of Spanish, her instructions were easy to follow -she also made herself available in case I needed anything. The room had a TV, and a double bed (in a single room), which was super comfy and the shutters block out any light to ensure a giid night’s sleep. Although the walls are paper thin and you hear it when someone uses the washroom, it wasn’t a deal breaker for me, but I would recommend carrying earplugs. The towels were changed daily, the bath-wc was one of the cleanest I’ve seen in a pension, and it was easy to walk to the old town and the Guggenheim. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Good place in quite an oldschool style. Very friendly and helpful owner. Clean bathrooms.
- Easy to check-in. Is like a big apartment with 6/7 rooms inside. Press the buzzer and the woman will let you in and check you in. Great location near bus terminal so perfect for early morning bus back to airport. Very basic really as I had the single room but perfect for a stop over before going ahead with rest of your trip.
- The host was very nice and useful. She allowed to check in earlier as our bus got there in the morning, and provided some useful tips about the city. The location is ideal for the bus station, a bit far but still walkable from the old town.
Top Guest Houses In Santa Coloma Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Santa Coloma Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Santa Coloma Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Santa Coloma Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!