10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Santa Catalina De Somoza Castile And Leon:
Hostal Residencia Delfin
Hostal Residencia Delfin is situated 0.9 miles outside the walled town of Astorga in León and offers free Wi-Fi throughout. It also features a small shop which sells local food products.The rooms at Hostal Delfin are simple and functional with wooden floors. They are equipped with heating and a TV.Delfin’s restaurant serves regional and international cuisine. Guests can also enjoy drinks in the hotel’s bar.Free parking is available on-site at Residencia Delfin. In the centre of Astorga you can visit Santa María Cathedral and Gaudi’s Episcopal Palace.
- Location was 20 minute walk from Cathedral but difficult to find using Google maps. Just follow the road signs to A Coruna as this is clearly marked on road signs..I was only guest .
- The price for a single room was pretty reasonable.
- Nothing, this room smelled like sewage. The owner was rude and difficult. Was totally unsuitable for a Camino walker. Directions said under 2 km from city. We learned from someone else that it was 3.6km. After a long walking day on the Camino, it was way too far.
- View from the window sitting on the bed as it’s fairly flat with hills in the distance.
- No me gustó nada, era un sitio que olía mal y no estaba limpio
Hostal Coruña is located 1,000 feet from Astorga Cathedral and Gaudi Palace, at the meeting point of the French Santiago Route and Roman Silver Route. Rooms have free Wi-Fi and flat-screen satellite TVs.The modern heated rooms feature wooden floors and have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries.The Hostal Coruña has a café-bar and restaurant, serving traditional dishes with set menu and à la carte options.Luggage storage is offered. There is private onsite parking for bicycles and cars for a supplement. Free parking is available nearby and there is easy access to the AP71 and A6 Motorways.
- Friendly staff. Relatively inexpensive with all the amenities you’d expect. Very nice bathroom. Quiet neighbourhood.
- One of our backpacks was lost and they were very, very helpful. Maria was great.
- Decent location, reasonably comfortable although worn.
- Staff were lovely, Htl just up the road from the bus station which brought us to Madrid airport. Minutes walk from Cathedral and evening meal excellent!
- Beautiful property -well maintained with excellent and friendly staff. A welcome sight after walking 26km on the Camino de Santiago Trail
Casa Pepa Hotel Rural
Casa Pepa Hotel Real is a traditional 18th-century mansion in the heart of León. It offers free Wi-Fi in all of its attractive rooms and public areas.Hotel Real Casa Pepa was built with beautiful, natural materials. It has stone walls and there is a lounge with armchairs and a fireplace. The mansion also has a library.A breakfast is served every morning, and the restaurant serves typical regional cuisine using seasonal produce. Specials include mushroom dishes and stews.The rooms at the Casa Pepa Hotel are all en suite, with a TV, a work desk and a hairdryer.The hotel is on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, near Astorga. A free shuttle service for pilgrims is available on request. León Virgen del Camino Airport is 31.1 miles away. Another nearby sight are the Las Médulas Roman Mines.The local area is popular for hiking and cycling. The property has free bicycle parking as well as a bicycle repair workshop which you can use for free.
- Accomodation in the middle of the countryside so very few people around. Lovely old property with a very friendly hostess. Would go again if in this area. Lovely evening meals and breakfasts.
- What a wonderful property. Laura was a wonderful host. She picked me up at the end of my day’s hike. The property is beautifully restored and comfortable. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this property.
- This is the best place we have stayed on our two Camino trips. A beautiful historic building, very comfortable and well equipped room with lovely furnishings. Dinner and breakfast were delicious! Wonderful home-cooked food, including vegetarian dishes. Laura was so helpful and kind, the perfect host, and she drove us back to the Camino path in the morning. This is a jewel of a place, highly recommended!
To celebrate turning 60 we walked some parts of the Camino. Casa Pepa was our stopover point for my actual birthday. Our visit there from beginning to end was an absolute highlight. Situated 5km off the Camino route it is definitely worth the detour. We were picked up from Rabinal del Camino.
Thank you to Laura for making my 60th birthday truly memorable. From the delicious picnic packed for us to the wonderful dinner we enjoyed in the evening. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for Laura. An absolute gem.
- This is one of the most awesome places I’ve ever stayed at. The family who runs the hotel has a wonderful, out of the ordinary warmth, and helped me a great deal with some travel arrangements that were complicated.
Located in Rabanal del Camino, 17 miles from Ponferrada, La Candela features a terrace and views of the mountain. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Astorga is 12 miles from La Candela, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 29 miles away.
- Comfortable room. Great shower. The guy that ran the place played the best music i have heard for the last 3 weeks.
Excellent location close to everything. Restaurant looked good tho I did not use it
Staff helpful and polite. Bathroom shower great and beds very comfortable. Great value hotel would highly recommend
- Great place to stay at along el Camino de Santiago!
- Perfect and friendly personnel and peaceful location!
- Lovely staff and food. Location ideal for the Camino.
Centro de Turismo Rural Molino del Arriero
Molino del Arriero Hotel is a converted stone windmill dating from the early 20th century. Set in Luyego de Somoza village, 39.1 miles from León, it offers free bicycle use.Heated country-style rooms feature wooden or tiled floors and have a flat-screen TV. There is a work desk and the private bathroom comes with amenities.Centro De Turismo Rural Molino del Arriero has a bar and à la carte restaurant. Special diet menus can be requested and there is a terrace.Free on-site parking is offered and there is a free Wi-Fi zone and games room. The Molino has a tour desk and the A6 Motorway is a 25-minute drive away.
- The quality of the evening meal and a picturesque location.
- No pensaba que en un pueblo tan pequeño encontraríamos un sitio con tanta calidad. Las instalaciones muy buenas, habitaciones amplias y muy limpias, y el centro, en general, super agradable y muy acogedor. Juan Luis muy amable y cordial y en general el personal bastante agradable. Lo que más nos gustó?: El bacalao al ajo arriero, que estaba como para volver solo por comerlo. En general FANTASTICO. Repetiremos seguro
- Las habitaciones son pequeñas pero limpias y el baño nuevo, bien provisto. Un desayuno sencillo pero bien para nosotros. Cenamos bien, rica comida. Está bastante lejos de Astorga, pero en coche no hay problema.
Ubicacion rural muy tranquila
- Un sitio tranquilo,todo muy limpio,el trato muy bueno y el almuerzo estupendo.
Posada El Tesin
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Posada El Tesin offers accommodations in Rabanal del Camino, just 17 miles from Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.You will find a tour desk at the property.Astorga is 12 miles from Posada El Tesin, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 28 miles from the property.
- Excellent pilgram meal and breakfast at the accommodation. The room was warm and view over the pastures. Very good service.
- Nice property. Great location and cafe right on the Camino. Comfortable room but very small shower (like a small phone booth).
- Very friendly, added touches to make you feel welcome and comfortable, plenty of space, cloths line and good food and company, a definite plus all round
- Well thought out hotel for Camino walkers. The young woman at front desk was extremely helpfully!!!!!!!!!!!
- Bathroom so small but restaurant is ok for camino people, owner so generous to our people.
El Descanso de Gaia
El Descanso de Gaia is situated in Rabanal del Camino, 16.2 miles from Ponferrada.Every room comes with a shared bathroom and a shared toilet. There is a seating area in El Descanso de Gaia and there is free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared kitchen at the property, it is equipped with kitchenware, refrigerator, microwave and stove-top. There is a storage room for bicycles and motorbikes available.Astorga is 11.8 miles from El Descanso de Gaia, while Villafranca del Bierzo is 28 miles away. Las médulas is 31.1 miles from the property and Castillo de Ponferrada is 30 Km away.
- This was a lovely stop on the Camino. Delightful host who contacted me prior to arrival and helped me with my bag. Shared bathroom was spotless and opposite my room . Lovely views . Comfy bed. I didn’t use them but kitchen facilities can be a bonus. Good restaurant recommendations from the host. Best value on my Camino trip. O
- Great little place. Really helpful friendly staff. Just what we wanted in a village like that on the Camino. Excellent
- Facilities were fabulous. Host vey polite and hospitable. Loved the shared bathrooms
- Nice little place to stay on your camino. Very friendly
Owner was lovely
The price was excellent
The room was very clean and well kept
The shared bathrooms were immaculately clean and showers were strong and hot
Set in a stunning mountainous location, from this beautiful, rustic-style guesthouse you can enjoy fantastic views of the surrounding landscape and the stars at night.Relax with friends or colleagues in the comfortable lounge. You can also unwind in the hot tub here after a long day’s hiking. The hotel has its own restaurant decorated in a traditional style, where you can enjoy typical regional cuisine, with a bottle of wine.This guesthouse is situated close to Astorga, a historical town. The Santiago Way is also very near the property.
- Beautiful accommodation in a pretty village, restaurant was outstanding.
- The building and interiors were very interesting and attractive and located in a stone village.
- Located in a very quiet, serene location. Secure parking for motorcycles. Excellent country views. Overall VERY good.
- Los dos hermanos son geniales, te dan un servicio único y el hotel magnífico.
- Personas encantadoras. Excelente comida. Entorno estupendo. Bien comunicada con los alrededores. Tienen antigüedades
Convento de Foncebadon
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Convento de Foncebadon offers accommodations in Foncebadón. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms have a flat-screen TV.There is a shared lounge at the property.Ponferrada is 13 miles from Convento de Foncebadon, and Astorga is 15 miles away.
- Second time staying here. Say no more. Rooms clan and warm . Food good staff pleasant. Chilly outside in May !
- Stunning location and view from room. Very clean. Friendly staff. Great food.
- Hot shower,nice bed and comfort food after a long hike in sleet.very amiable and friendly owner who has taken over and renovated a convent.good laundry facilities.
- Room nice and warm after a long walk on a cold and windy day. Hosts very kind and friendly. Food and drinks available in-house. Village a real taste of old time Spain.
- Very good take-away breakfast – since I was not hungry before I was leaving!
El Trasgu de Foncebadón
El Trasgu de Foncebadón is set in Foncebadón, 13 miles from Ponferrada and 15.5 miles from Astorga. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. El Trasgu de Foncebadón features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared lounge at the property.A range of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking. Villafranca del Bierzo is 24.9 miles from El Trasgu de Foncebadón, while La Bañeza is 26.1 miles away.
- Great location right on the Camino. Nice rooms, nice restaurant. Small store attached.
- Lovely place. Nice friendly staff. Perfect location to walk to Cruz de Ferro. Nice and warm in very cold weather. Food was good to.
- It’s a wonderful place, we liked so much staff. And Cruz de Fierro is not far.
- Very friendly and accomodating staff. Dinner was excellent, as was breakfast and we got a fantastic vegetarian bocadillo to go in the morning. Excellent laundry service for 7 Euro. A great stay while on the Camino at the end of a long day.
I loved this place – one of my favorites on the Camino – way up in the mountains and close to the highest point.
People were great as was the food. Would love to go back…..
Top Guest Houses In Santa Catalina De Somoza Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Santa Catalina de Somoza Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!