10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Salcombe Devon – Top Hotel Reviews
Salcombe Devon is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Salcombe Devon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Salcombe Devon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Salcombe Devon. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Salcombe Devon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Salcombe Devon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Salcombe Devon:
Brightham House Boutique B&B
Located in Malborough, 2.3 miles from Salcombe, Brightham Boutique House B&B provides accommodation 1.9 miles from sandy beaches, within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. Private reserved parking is available on site.All bedrooms feature an en-suite bathroom, white Egyptian cotton linen and towels and anti-allergy feather pillows and duvets for your comfort. The Premier King rooms also have an Nespresso coffee maker for your convenience. All rooms have a generous hospitality tray and flat screen TV. All rooms have village or countryside views.Brightham House features a garden, sun terrace, lounge, bar and daily à la carte breakfasts.Cycling, walking and swimming are among the activities that guests can enjoy near the accommodation.The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 37.9 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Burton Farmhouse B&B
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Located in Kingsbridge, 20 miles from Torquay, Burton Farmhouse B&B features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Plymouth is 16 miles from Burton Farmhouse B&B, and Tavistock is 25 miles away. Exeter International Airport is 39 miles from the property.
We were going to a wedding nearby at 2.00pm.
The staff arranged for our room to be made available so that we could arrive early and change after a long journey, before travelling on to the wedding.
This made all the difference and we had a lovely afternoon.
- Liked the quirkiness of the building. Staff very friendly, breakfast superb.
- My room was bijou but exactly what I paid for and very comfy with it. Perfect for my needs.
- My room was small but comfortable. En suite facilities. Good choice of breakfast. Convenient for my purpose near the coast for photography and walks
- Alex was a lovely, friendly hostess. I liked the ‘Honesty Bar’ idea for this type of accomodation and guests. The umbrellas to borrow were very useful.
- We were going to a wedding nearby at 2.00pm.
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Chillington House is located in Kingsbridge. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. A flat-screen TV is featured.Torquay is 15 miles from Chillington House, and Plymouth is 21 miles from the property. Exeter International Airport is 34 miles away.
- Lovely location, beds very comfortable, enjoyable two days at Chillington
- An excellent selection at breakfast which was beautifully presented.
Lovely breakfast with choices.
Very clean and large bedroom
Really lovely B&B with comfy, large, clean rooms and a great communal space to relax in. Breakfast was freshly made and tasty!
Great pub down the road (2 mins walk) serving excellent food
- Adam and Jeannie were very welcoming. The property can be accessed via a ramp or steps and most of the guest rooms are on the ground floor. The guest lounge and conservatory (where breakfast is served) have step free access. Breakfast was of excellent quality and the variety on offer was very good. The whole of the property was spotlessly clean. The provision of fresh milk in a flask for the tea and coffee in the room was a lovely touch as was the jar of biscuits in the room. I would definitely stay here again.
St Elmo Cottage
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, St Elmo Cottage offers accommodations in Dartmouth, just 8 miles from Torquay.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom.Plymouth is 25 miles from St Elmo Cottage, and Exeter is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 27 miles from St Elmo Cottage.
- Excellent location. Good communication from the owners regarding access, parking etc.
- Everything was perfect, great place, location. cleanliness, really could not fault. Only stayed one night wish it had been for longer. Will definitely return.
- Suited all our needs though it was an upgraded room
- Really good studio flat with plenty of room. Very close to everything in Dartmouth
- Great location, bed was comfortable. The town is beautiful and great for hiking around. Nice samll town feel.
One of our top picks in Dartmouth.Featuring free WiFi, Cherubs Nest offers accommodations in Dartmouth, just 8 miles from Torquay.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Plymouth is 25 miles from Cherubs Nest, and Exeter is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 27 miles from the property.
- Bed was very comfortable, the breakfast superb although I was surprised to be charged extra for it. In my understanding of B & B the second B stands for breakfast. When I queried it I was told it says so on my Booking.com confirmation – it didn’t!
Can’t comment on the staff as we didn’t meet them. It was a self check in system which actually worked very well. the location in incredibly good, right in the centre of town and the room was very clean.
The rooms are small, but it’s an old building so to be expected and in truth we were out and about.
the only downside but one which the B&B has no control over was the church clock tolling on the hour – however we had a great stay and would recommend.
- Excellent sized room, great location, very good breakfast.
The room was small but adequate.
Excellent breakfast and very friendly owners
- Bev and Geoff were wonderful host; always friendly, and informative about local matters. Superbly cooked breakfast that was always served with a smile. Cherubs Nest is superbly located and although there is no immediate parking, a permit is provided so that if there is no available on road parking nearby, then you can use a nearby public carpark. We had a lovely stay and would thoroughly recommend.
The Captain’s House
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. The Captain’s House is located in Dartmouth, 8 miles from Torquay and 25 miles from Plymouth.Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. A flat-screen TV is available.Exeter is 26 miles from The Captain’s House, and Tavistock is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 27 miles from the property.
- Decorated to a high standard. Very comfortable room. Loved having a fridge with fresh milk provided.
- The people were very friendly and welcoming. Very clean we had everything we need in our room. Great location. Would defiantly go back.
- The room was very comfortable, the bathroom modern and very clean. The additional touches added by the owners – fresh flowers, fresh milk and bottled water in the fridge – were much appreciated.
Nice little “simply B” (no breakfast) hotel with a great location – only 5 minutes from the town centre!
We received an email the day before our arrival clearly explaining what to do on arrival and at check-out.
The room was cosy, comfortable and quiet.
The free parking permit was very handy and the owners were not in a rush to get it back the day of our check-out, which allowed us to wander the streets of Dartmouth for a big longer without paying any extra.
Proximity to the town and the free reserved parking fantastic on a busy Easter Weekend.
Clean,Warm and addition of a fridge with milk and water a bonus.
Easy house access with fob key.
Churston Manor Hotel
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Churston Manor Hotel offers accommodations in Churston Ferrers. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.The area is popular for fishing and hiking. Torquay is 5 miles from Churston Manor Hotel, and Plymouth is 26 miles away. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 24 miles from Churston Manor Hotel.
- Old English charm , if you love to live history ..this is the place
- Lovely quirky 900 year-old building with lots of nooks and crannies. Fun, friendly staff who were intent on making ours and everyone’s stay the best. Very atmospheric. Amazing room, comfy bed and all very clean. Restaurant and decor just amazing with food and service to compliment. Highly recommended.
- We arrived later than planned and the kitchen staff had all left for the night. The owner was brilliant and made supper for us. The staff couldn’t have been more kind & helpful. Really lovely room, comfortable bed and beautiful en suite. Thanks to all for a good weekend.
- The history and the authentic decoration a beautiful building
- The hotel oozes history, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a ghost at the bar, the food is good and the breakfast has something to suit everyone, the staff were more than happy to help with any requests
One of our best sellers in Brixham! Redlands is located in Brixham, just 5 miles from Torquay. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is provided.Plymouth is 27 miles from Redlands, and Exeter is 23 miles from the property. Exeter International Airport is 24 miles away.
Redlands is very homely. We stayed in room 5, a large room with king bed, double sofa bed and compact ensuite. Space also for our 4 year old to play and a tv with freeview for cartoons when needed.
Service and food were excellent. Loads of choice!
10 minute walk to the pretty harbour.
- The bed was very large, and the breakfast was excellent and sets you up for the day ahead
Friendly welcoming manger
No hesitation in booking again
Overall brilliant stay ?
The hospitality and friendly welcome. We were well looked after .
Rooms very comfortable and decorated lovely.
Beautiful clean and nicely decorated place.
Breakfast was great , plenty to eat and lovely choice, extra if wanted.
Bus stop outside and on site parking. Walking distance to the town.
Loved our stay and would definitely stay again.
- Matt and Steve are great hosts, beautiful room and tasty breakfast
- Redlands is very homely. We stayed in room 5, a large room with king bed, double sofa bed and compact ensuite. Space also for our 4 year old to play and a tv with freeview for cartoons when needed.
Brookside Guest House & Mini Spa
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This 4-star Gold award-winning guest house boasts stylish interiors, luxury rooms and organic, locally sourced breakfasts. With free parking, it is 10 minutes’ walk from Brixham’s centre.Stylish and elegant, each room at Brookside Guest House & Mini Spa provides comfortable pocket-sprung beds, luxury toiletries and large, fluffy towels. Rooms all offer free bottled water, as well as free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV.Award-winning breakfasts at Brookside are freshly cooked each morning. Guests can choose from a wide selection, from continental and vegetarian options to smoked salmon.Brixham is a charming harbour town and the guests house is just 15 minutes’ walk from the marina, with a frequent ferry service to Torquay. Paignton Rail Station is 5 miles away, and Paignton Zoo is only 4 miles from the property.
From the moment we arrived, which was quite late, we were warmly greeted and shown to our lovely room. Richard and Julie were fantastic hosts. Breakfast was excellent, having exactly what we wanted, as it could be chosen the evening before.
Location is great for harbour, shops etc.
- This place is amazing. We have not met such kind people anywhere as there. Everything prepared at a really high level. Convenience, comfort, peace and quiet. Located close to the center which is a refinement. The owners are incredibly cordial and accommodating. From them beats heat and friendship. We recommend sensational 100%
- Stayed here the night before and night of our wedding. The service was incredible, Richard & Julie are lovely! It was our wedding night on the 2nd night and they were kind enough to leave us a card and chocolates on the bed, along with petals shaped in a heart.. So lovely! Also, we had to be at our venue the first morning by 8am and they made breakfast early, especially for us. Room was so comfortable and so clean. I loved all the added touches. Definitely recommend!
Very pleased with the service and staff
Food was very good
- Well-appointed room. Comfortable bed. Quiet. Excellent breakfast. Hosts Richard and Julie friendly and helpful.
- From the moment we arrived, which was quite late, we were warmly greeted and shown to our lovely room. Richard and Julie were fantastic hosts. Breakfast was excellent, having exactly what we wanted, as it could be chosen the evening before.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Melville offers accommodations in Brixham.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Torquay is 5 miles from The Melville, and Plymouth is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Exeter International Airport, 24 miles from The Melville.
- What’s not to like, friendly and welcoming, clean comfy rooms, great breakfast and a level walk down to the harbour. Local fish restaurants are outstanding after all Brixham is still one of the biggest fishing ports in Europe. We can definitely recommend Beamers and The Poopdeck, booking a table is recommended. Don’t be put off because it’s a working port, it’s pretty, historical and interesting with plenty of entertainment.
- It was just fab,lovely owners, friendly helpful and would recommend it to anyone xx
- Jackie and Colin were outstanding hosts. They could not have been more welcoming. We would not hesitate to recommend their B&B to anyone. Breakfasts were excellent as well. David & Frances Stacey.
- Everything a b&b should be. Colin and Jackie are great hosts, the rooms are lovely and breakfast delicious. Will definitely stay again.
- Really friendly staff and great location with parking outside.
Top Guest Houses In Salcombe Devon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Salcombe Devon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Salcombe Devon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Salcombe Devon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!