10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Saint Stephen Cornwall – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint Stephen Cornwall is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Saint Stephen Cornwall. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint Stephen Cornwall. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint Stephen Cornwall. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Saint Stephen Cornwall right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Saint Stephen Cornwall with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Saint Stephen Cornwall:
The Waterwheel Inn
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, The Waterwheel Inn is located in St. Austell in the region of Cornwall, just 29 miles from Plymouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Newquay is 13 miles from The Waterwheel Inn, and Falmouth is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 11 miles from The Waterwheel Inn.
- gardens were beautiful and the place was spotless – very friendly staff
- Very friendly staff with an excellent restaurant .
- Spotlessly clean, great food, excellent value. Comfy beds, ample hot water, en suite roomy + fluffy towels. Mark & Francesca excellent hosts, lovely accommodation within easy reach of tourist destinations. Will definitely return, this place is a gem in superb setting. Up there with the best we’ve ever stayed in.
- Just beautiful and want to come back in summer months to see its true scenic surroundings
- Everything from the food in the restaurant to the view from our beautifully appointed bedroom was delightful. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and we could not have asked for more, .
One of our best sellers in Newquay! This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Offering a Cornish welcome, The Glendeveor is only a few minutes walk from the beaches, shops and facilities of Newquay.Each room has central heating, a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Many rooms also enjoy a sea view.The property has a self service breakfast room, a shared guest kitchen, a pool table, dart board and many games.
Ok we arrived to be greeted by Cordell, who was absolutely charming,warm and welcoming.
John who cooked for us was very obliging friendly and food was good, no great, I recommend this place to stay, we had an extra large room with sea view,I noticed in particular how vey clean it was,and will return at some point.
The overall experience was just what you need – and we were sorry it had come to an end.
If you have not visited the Glendeveor, I suggest you do for a pleasant welcoming by Cordell and lovely food by John and team, yea all good…totally recommended.
Special thanks to Cordell who really made our holiday!
Room was clean and suitable with bath and shower
Manager friendly and took time to explain
how their service operates. Had clothes washing facilities if needed
- Good location. Good breakfast. Very nice, polite owner
Very friendly and service minded staff (i e John)!
He really made upp for lack of modern standards.
- Great value and friendly staff, the place was perfect for what we wanted to do close to the town.
- Ok we arrived to be greeted by Cordell, who was absolutely charming,warm and welcoming.
Fairways Guest House
One of our top picks in Newquay.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Fairways Guest House is located in Newquay, just 22 miles from St. Ives.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are provided. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Falmouth is 18 miles from Fairways Guest House, and Padstow is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 4.3 miles from Fairways Guest House.
- The whole place was good, breakfast cooked to order, room large enough for ablutions and sleeping, bed comfortable (but that is subjective to each individual).
- Excellent welcome and personal attention from Jo. Superb breakfasts. I hope to be back sometime before too long.
- Breakfast was superb. The staff were friendly and professional even posting back an item I had left behind!
- All was great. The breakfast was soooo delicious and a lot.
- The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. There was lots of choice. We had the full English and found we were still full at lunchtime. It was nice to have covered sugar pots and individual pots of jams/marmalade/honey. Plenty of tea and coffee. The service was great. Very friendly and helpful staff. The beds were comfy and we slept well. Showers were nice and hot. Very central location, about 100 yards from cinema.
Trelawney Guest House
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Trelawney Guest House offers accommodations in Falmouth.Each room comes with a TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking, fishing and hiking. St. Ives is 19 miles from Trelawney Guest House, and Newquay is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 21 miles from Trelawney Guest House.
- Location, room, breakfast, friendly knowledgeable owners
- Beautiful house, cozy room, good breakfast, parking space and great location. Besides, I had a very interesting chat with hosts, they’re very nice.
- Clean, comfortable, well fed, always an on street parking space even in August. We are seasoned travellers to Falmouth and this is the best BB for location e.g town, beach and train station.
- Friendly and helpful Staff, beautiful and very clean room, plenty of information about things to do etc.
- Comfortable bed, bedding. Shower facilities very good. Good size room and facilities. Very good breakfast and dining room. Friendly a home from home.good outlook from room lovely gardens at front. Parking convenient.
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Located in Mevagissey in the region of Cornwall, 30 miles from Plymouth, Bacchus features a sun terrace and views of the sea. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.St. Ives is 31 miles from Bacchus, and Newquay is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 15 miles from Bacchus.
- Nice view out to the sea, walking distance to town (uphill on the way home). The staff are very friendly and welcoming, shared kitchen was clean and has basic facilities. Would definitely recommend.
- Fantastic view, nice tidy kitchen and facilities.
We have stayed at Bacchus before, it is exceptionally good. We shall be going again. They have been forced by illness to change the arrangements so that there is no breakfast provided but there is a really nice kitchen with a large table and every facility to make your own breakfast or heat up a take away etc. (see photo- the breakfast is ours, not included!). The views are spectacular from the kitchen and from the guest’s patio which also has a table and chairs for al-fresco eating.
The owners and their family are welcoming and the service excellent.
- Atmosphere welcoming: view from shared kitchen quintessentially Cornish. In essence it is like sharing a serviced self catering cottage.
- Lovely shower room. Beautifully clean accommodation. Great to have use of clean bright kitchen with a brilliant view.
Bissick Old Mill
Between St Austell and Truro, Bissick Old Mill contains bed and breakfast rooms, 15 miles from the Eden Project. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, this 17th-century mill provides free parking and free WiFi.The luxury rooms all have an en suite bathroom, with shower or bath and hairdryer. All have a TV, DVD player, radio, fridge and tea and coffee facilities with fresh Cornish milk, biscuits and spring water, as well as hot chocolate.A full breakfast menu is served in the dining room or out on the courtyard, using locally sourced, organic produce where possible. Tea and coffee is also served on arrival.The Granary is a 1-bedroom house providing private accommodation, with a king-size bed and en suite bathroom downstairs, and a kitchenette and living room with leather sofas upstairs. The luxury touches found in the bed and breakfast also feature here, including Egyptian cotton sheets, handmade Cornish toiletries and fluffy bathrobes.Bissick Old Mill is around 7 miles from the cathedral city of Truro, and just over 10 miles from St Austell and Mevagissey on the Cornish coast. Newquay, Perranporth and St Agnes lie on the county’s northern coast and are 20-25 minutes’ drive.
- Everything was very good with lots of extras. Comfortable bed, very quiet room and exceptionally good breakfast, cooked to order. The local pub is closed but we went to The Wheel about 3 miles away for dinner. That was very good with large portions of home cooked food.
- The owners were very friendly and welcoming. The place was light, roomy and comfortable. All in all a super place that we will recommend and return to.
Hosts were outstanding and welcoming
Breakfast was 11/10
Nice touch with chaocalates and fruit in the room
- Beautiful place, attention to detail, lots of little personal touches. Excellent breakfast and very friendly owner.
The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Complimentary water, jug of cornish milk, cornish cookies, selection of hot beverages, fruits, sweets.
The room had everything you could expect in a 5 star hotel ;walking wardrobe with gown,hangers, iron,ironing board, hair dryer. Bathroom with nice toiletries.The bed was very comfortable, we had a very good relaxing sleep.My 4 years old son loved this place, he was upset when we left.He who was off milk for a while, started to drink milk again after tasting the lovely cornish milk. The owners a lovely and friendly couple who did their best to even exceed our expectations. They went the extra miles to please my boy making him Disney Mickley mouse shaped toast.
An unforgettable stay at the Bissick Old Mill. Would definitely go back again and definitely recommend this B&B.
Located in Probus in the region of Cornwall, 24 miles from St. Ives, Orchard Manor features a barbecue and sun terrace. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV , Blu-ray player and DVD player, as well as a CD player are provided. Some rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms have a spa tub or a sauna.There is a shared lounge at the property.Newquay is 10 miles from Orchard Manor, and Falmouth is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 11 miles from Orchard Manor.
Thank you Nigel for a great moment in Cornwell. You are one of the best host we ever spend a night.
Great house, great room, great breakfast, great person and entertainer you are.
Best regards – Dirk + Janna (from Germany).
- Nigel the host makes your visit feel very special.
- Very friendly and helpful owner..he serenaded us on his accordion at breakfast..fun.
- The whole package great host great place highly recommend
- Nigel (the host) was very friendly and helpful, we were made to feel most welcome and I’m sure we will be again as no doubt we shall return. Rooms were adequate size and suites are luxury standard, all kitted out with modern requiements like big TVs and Wi-Fi access. Cold cider in the fridge was a lovely complimentary touch.
- Thank you Nigel for a great moment in Cornwell. You are one of the best host we ever spend a night.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Elms offers accommodations in St. Austell. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. You will find a kettle in the room. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a shared lounge at the property.The guest house also provides bike rental and car rental. Plymouth is 29 miles from The Elms, and Newquay is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 12 miles from the property.
- Really nice host new room was nice and comfortable breakfast really tasty
- Comfortable room. Friendly host. Very nice Cornish breakfast.
- The breakfast was good and nothing was too much trouble.
Very friendly, attentive, welcoming hosts. Staying alone I felt safe. The room was perfect and comfortable.
This is where I’ll be booking in the future when I visit my grandchildren.
I didn’t eat breakfast so I can’t comment on what it was like but it certainly smelt good.
- Very friendly and made most welcome, with lots of information of facilities in St Austell and surrounding area
Karmary Guest House
Karmary Guest House is located in St. Austell, just 28 miles from Plymouth.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are provided. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room.Newquay is 14 miles from Karmary Guest House, and Falmouth is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 12 miles from Karmary Guest House.
- very helpful, my husband is visually impaired and every one was very considerate and helpful.
- The warm welcome by the hosts & adorable single room
- Bill and Sue were warm and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Lovely little guest house. Our twin room on the ground floor was perfect. Excellent breakfast choice and brilliant value for money.
- great room excellent breakfast perfect lovely toast, Sue and bill so lovely hosts, will go back soon and recommend to all my freinds and family. wonderfull view from the four poster bed room.
- Booked this room for it’s close proximity by vehicle to Eden Project. I’d read the ratings plus the price was right. I was a bit dubious, having never stayed here before, but my doubts were laid to rest as soon as I met the host, Sue. Everything in the room worked as it should, showed little or no signs of wear, was neat, tidy and clean. I stayed in room 1 which looked like a lounge converted in to a bedroom with an ensure and was therefore more roomy than I expected. The breakfast was delicious and made to order. I was even able to get gluten free bread. I would definitely stay here again.
The Wheel House
One of our top picks in Mevagissey.Featuring free WiFi, The Wheel House offers accommodations in Mevagissey. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is luggage storage space at the property.Plymouth is 29 miles from The Wheel House, and St. Ives is 31 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 16 miles from The Wheel House.
- Immaculate room but the ensuite bathroom was so small you could barely move in it! We were the first to stay in the recently renovating rooms and were asked how everything was, we suggested a mirror in the bedroom as there was only one in the bathroom and also a hook to hang towel in the bathroom, these were supposedly going to get fitted for our second night stay which they didn’t. I looked in another room and the size of the ensuite facilities was 3 times bigger than what we had and the room was empty so was very disappointed that we couldn’t have stayed in that room!
- Location. Quaintness. Breakfast. Staff. Everything was lovely. Just nowhere to hang a shirt or dress.
- Well equipped. Clean. Excellent breakfast. Amazing value for money.
- Room was cosy, bed was very comfortable and harbour view excellent. Access to town and harbour walks were excellent.
- Location is superb as is everything else to do with this property
Top Guest Houses In Saint Stephen Cornwall Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Saint Stephen Cornwall to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Saint Stephen Cornwall but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Saint Stephen Cornwall. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!