10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Saint Mabyn Cornwall – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint Mabyn Cornwall is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Saint Mabyn Cornwall. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint Mabyn Cornwall. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint Mabyn Cornwall. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Saint Mabyn Cornwall right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Saint Mabyn Cornwall with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Saint Mabyn Cornwall:
In a quaint 16th-century building alongside the River Valency, The Riverside is a 5-star silver award guesthouse. It offers free WiFi and an award-winning breakfast.Each room has a 26-inch flat-screen TV with a DVD player, a hairdryer, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The rooms have a private bathroom with a shower or a bath tub.Locally caught fish and meats feature on the Riverside Restaurant’s menu, along with Cornish cream tea served in the daytime tea room and garden, which has beautiful river views.The South West Coastal Path is less than 10 minutes’ walk from this guest accommodations. Scenic walks can be enjoyed in the wooded valley of the Valency or Saint Nectan’s Glen, which is a 10-minute drive away.
- The staff were wonderful as were the meals in the restaurant. The fishes dishes were excellent. I was more than delighted with the comfort and location of the Riverside.
- Greeted with a sense of humour (Ross was excellent and very professional)….Lovely room and awesome Salmon and eggs for brekkie!
- Loved being able to sit outside for drinks right next to the river. Lovely atmosphere in restaurant for dinner. Breakfast room lovely and light to eat in.
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely warm welcome. Breakfast very good. Location perfect and the room lovely.
The food in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was very good and the service was excellent.
The bathroom was a good size and the shower was very nice.
The location of the property was great! Very local to everything, right in the centre and the view from the window of the river was lovely too.
You could change the heating in the room with a thermostat on each radiator.
Featuring free WiFi, Strand House offers pet-friendly accommodations in Padstow, just 11 miles from Newquay.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are available. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The guest house also provides bike rental. Falmouth is 27 miles from Strand House, and Port Isaac is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 7 miles from Strand House.
- The location was excellent ,very nice apartment with lovely balcony and view of the harbour. The apartment was very nicely furnished with everything you could possibly need.
- A very well appointed and cosy apartment, which was ideally placed in the centre of Padstow. We found it comfortable and warm, with loads of hot water!
- The owner of the property had thought of everything for the room it was like staying in someone’s home was lovely
- Very comfortable apartment & near to everything.
- This room was really well positioned in the town centre, with views out of both windows over the town. It was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. The woman who owned the house was helpful and friendly. It was good value in a busy tourist town.
One of our top picks in Tintagel.This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, The Avalon offers accommodations in Tintagel, just 22 miles from Newquay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the sea or garden. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.Padstow is 12 miles from The Avalon, and Port Isaac is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 19 miles from The Avalon.
- A 5 star small hotel with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Lovely breakfast each morning.Perfect location for Tintagel Castle and Cornwall break.
- The room was immaculate, super clean. The mattress was very comfortable and the towels are of excellent quality and big in size. From the room window there is a view of the ocean in the distance and also of the hills where the Tintagel Castle is located. Location was also excellent because you can walk everywhere in town and also it is a good base for visiting Cornwall. Breakfast was top notch with cook to order options. Fresh fruits, juices, yogurt and the likes were also available. The place is also undergoing some renovation and once that is done it will look even better. My husband and I would surely go back and recommend the place for family and friends.
What more can l say the food was excellent the room was everything you would want from a well deserved starred hotel .
Antony the owner was an exceptional host ,polite,caring and helpful nothing was too much for him.
The room we stayed in overlooks Tintagel castle rock and the sea ,there are 4 rooms at the rear of the property that look out at this very nice view 👍.
In some of the reviews parking has been a small problem but not anymore Antony has created better parking facilities and also lovely outside seating areas to enjoy the fantastic view.
I would highly recommend Avalon hotel our Stay was brilliant .
Wonderful view and perfect position.
Really nice staff and owners.
Good parking if you’re travelling by car.
- Place was lovely, very homely! Breakfast was delicious and the owner went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect!
The Old Coach House
One of our top picks in Boscastle.Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, The Old Coach House is located in Boscastle. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Newquay is 25 miles from The Old Coach House, and Padstow is 15 miles away. Newquay Airport is 21 miles from the property.
The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated.
Breakfast was the best we had experienced in all the time we had spent in UK.
I liked having my own table set aside for me, very English, and it assured me of a place at breakfast. The breakfast room is a lovely, lightfull conservatory.
Our hosts, Jackie and Geoff, dinner suggestion at The Napoleon was the perfect way to end our day.
- Very friendly and welcoming. Very tasty breakfast!
the friendliness of the staff especially the welcome on arrival.
The breakfast was very nice with a good selection.
Our room was very nicely decorated and a lovely size bed.
- Everything was perfect. We were made very welcome, the breakfast was superb. Our room was warm and comfortable. Would like to visit again. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. We loved every aspect of our stay
- Breakfast choice was excellent, beds comfortable, hosts were very pleasant and helpful amenities good .would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends. snacks were available at night for modest fee !!
- The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated.
The Waterwheel Inn
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, The Waterwheel Inn is located in St. Austell in the region of Cornwall, just 29 miles from Plymouth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Newquay is 13 miles from The Waterwheel Inn, and Falmouth is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 11 miles from The Waterwheel Inn.
- gardens were beautiful and the place was spotless – very friendly staff
- Very friendly staff with an excellent restaurant .
- Spotlessly clean, great food, excellent value. Comfy beds, ample hot water, en suite roomy + fluffy towels. Mark & Francesca excellent hosts, lovely accommodation within easy reach of tourist destinations. Will definitely return, this place is a gem in superb setting. Up there with the best we’ve ever stayed in.
- Just beautiful and want to come back in summer months to see its true scenic surroundings
- Everything from the food in the restaurant to the view from our beautifully appointed bedroom was delightful. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and we could not have asked for more, .
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. On the cliff tops at Porth, the Kenton is just 5 minute walk from Porth beach. It features a lounge and bar area with panoramic sea views.Most rooms at the Kenton have sea views overlooking the bay and Porth Island. All rooms have a TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and bathroom with a shower.The Kenton has licensed bar and games room with billiards and darts. There is also a restaurant serving home-cooked meals from July and August (advance booking required).Newquay town centre, its famous beaches and Watergate bay with Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen restaurant are 5 minutes’ drive or 30 minutes’ walk from the Kenton. The cliff path offers coastal walks with stunning views.Well-known for surfing and water sports, Newquay and Watergate bay also has a lively nightlife. Newquay Zoo, the Blue Reef Aquarium and the Lane Theatre are all within 10 minutes’ drive.
- We had to find a place close to Newquay airport dor 2 days. Kenton was a good place for that. Newquay town centre was easily reachable from there.
- Clean, friendly and breakfast was great. Laura is a credit to the hotel, views over the beach and cliffs are amazing.
- The staff were all lovely and very accomodating. They were experiencing terrible winds when we stayed and so it was a bit ‘faulty towers’ which was taken with humour – the owners dealt with this as best they could and communicated any issues with us as soon as they arose which is all we could ask for.
- Very helpful ,helping sort out a mistake with dates friendly and acomadating. In all ways .
- room very comfortable and clean good facilities, breakfast was cooked fresh and plentiful. Owner were very friendly like home from home could recommend it to anyone beautiful views from sun lounge over the bay.
Culloden Farmhouse is located in Camelford, 29 miles from Plymouth and 23 miles from Newquay. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Padstow is 13 miles from Culloden Farmhouse, and Port Isaac is 7 miles from the property. Newquay Airport is 19 miles away.
Well what a treat Culloden Farmhouse is! Friendly hosts who made us plenty of tea 🙂 and were kind enough to let us arrive early. We stayed in the Deluxe Kingsize room and it was beautiful… a little annex all to ourselves with lounge and kitchen area – a really lovely and comfortable place to stay and excellent value for money.
Breakfast was scumptious with lots of options and as my partner is vegetarian and I’m not – I didn’t feel like I was missing out with this BnB being veggie only.
I honestly can’t fault our stay our accomodation.
The unit was very cozy with cooker, fridge and all the necessary utensils and items for a short stay.
Although on a main road the unit is tucked around the back and very quiet, you can also sit outside if you wish in the garden or terrace. I would visit the property again and recommend.
- Me and my wife arrived at the farmhouse to find a very good welcome by there son I think. They gave us a room on the first floor at the front of the farmhouse which was very nice anyway we went out into the garden and to look around and was welcomed by the owner which she was very friendly. Made us a coffee and felt well at home. Then out of the blue the lady offered us another room which suited us right down our alley and we accepted it. I must say I never been to place it very friendly people and very lovely surroundings. If I get another opportunity I would hands down again I really strongly recommend the farmhouse to anyone thank you so much for making feel special. Chris and Mary.
Rooms/ hosts/ location/food/gardens.
- Surprise tea and scones. Very comfortable bed. Pretty garden.
- Well what a treat Culloden Farmhouse is! Friendly hosts who made us plenty of tea 🙂 and were kind enough to let us arrive early. We stayed in the Deluxe Kingsize room and it was beautiful… a little annex all to ourselves with lounge and kitchen area – a really lovely and comfortable place to stay and excellent value for money.
Woodlands Country House
Woodlands Country House offers accommodations in Padstow. The guesthouse has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV, as well as an iPod docking station and a CD player are featured. Certain units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find ticket service and gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this guesthouse and the area is popular for biking. Newquay is 10 miles from Woodlands Country House, and Falmouth is 27 miles from the property. Newquay Airport is 7 miles away.
- bed was very comfy and Ruby ( my dog) and I were made very very welcome. Breakfasts were amazing and everyone took the time to chat and be super friendly.
Very good breakfast with plenty of choice.
- The welcome was very friendly. The extra little touches make it so much nicer such as fresh milk with the tea and coffee facilities in the room, the DVD library to borrow from, dressing gowns in the wardrobe. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed sheets were very good quality. The breakfast was lovely, friendly waiting staff and home made food. Even the granola, muesli, breakfast bars and sausages were home made!
- Nice clean Homely feel about the property. Greet warmly by Hugo. Even though it was a last minute booking.
- Fabulous range of choices for breakfast and the cooked offer was delicious!
Karmary Guest House
Karmary Guest House is located in St. Austell, just 28 miles from Plymouth.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as a CD player are provided. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room.Newquay is 14 miles from Karmary Guest House, and Falmouth is 18 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 12 miles from Karmary Guest House.
- very helpful, my husband is visually impaired and every one was very considerate and helpful.
- The warm welcome by the hosts & adorable single room
- Bill and Sue were warm and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Lovely little guest house. Our twin room on the ground floor was perfect. Excellent breakfast choice and brilliant value for money.
- great room excellent breakfast perfect lovely toast, Sue and bill so lovely hosts, will go back soon and recommend to all my freinds and family. wonderfull view from the four poster bed room.
- Booked this room for it’s close proximity by vehicle to Eden Project. I’d read the ratings plus the price was right. I was a bit dubious, having never stayed here before, but my doubts were laid to rest as soon as I met the host, Sue. Everything in the room worked as it should, showed little or no signs of wear, was neat, tidy and clean. I stayed in room 1 which looked like a lounge converted in to a bedroom with an ensure and was therefore more roomy than I expected. The breakfast was delicious and made to order. I was even able to get gluten free bread. I would definitely stay here again.
Lower Meadows House
Lower Meadows House is offering accommodation in Boscastle. This 4-star guest house offers free WiFi. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels.At the guest house, all rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Lower Meadows House features certain rooms with garden views, and rooms are equipped with a kettle. The rooms will provide guests with a fridge.A choice of fully cooked breakfast or continental is available every morning.Newquay is 25.5 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport, 21.7 miles from the property.
Friendly atmosphere with excellent local knowledge and very helpful.
Breakfast was also very good.
- Paul and Jackie were lovely nothing was too much trouble. Room was lovely right in the heart of Boscastle . Breakfast was lovely.
- Everything at this location was excellent we plan to return in the near future hosts we’re so friendly and helpful
- We loved everything about this stay in Boscastle, lovely friendly couple very welcoming. Clean spotless room, beautiful food breakfast, couldn’t do enough for us. Thanks for a great stay
- I cannot say enough about the Lower Meadows House. The couple who own the place were so friendly and welcoming. The room was beautiful and comfortable. It is right in the centre of town. There is a great pub across the street and a few others in walking distance. Boscastle is tiny, it’s true but it still is in a great location. Thank you to the owners for our wonderful stay.
- Friendly atmosphere with excellent local knowledge and very helpful.
Top Guest Houses In Saint Mabyn Cornwall Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Saint Mabyn Cornwall to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Saint Mabyn Cornwall but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Saint Mabyn Cornwall. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!