10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Saint Gennys Cornwall – Top Hotel Reviews
Saint Gennys Cornwall is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Saint Gennys Cornwall. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saint Gennys Cornwall. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saint Gennys Cornwall. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Saint Gennys Cornwall right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Saint Gennys Cornwall with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Saint Gennys Cornwall:
In a quaint 16th-century building alongside the River Valency, The Riverside is a 5-star silver award guesthouse. It offers free WiFi and an award-winning breakfast.Each room has a 26-inch flat-screen TV with a DVD player, a hairdryer, and tea and coffee-making facilities. The rooms have a private bathroom with a shower or a bath tub.Locally caught fish and meats feature on the Riverside Restaurant’s menu, along with Cornish cream tea served in the daytime tea room and garden, which has beautiful river views.The South West Coastal Path is less than 10 minutes’ walk from this guest accommodations. Scenic walks can be enjoyed in the wooded valley of the Valency or Saint Nectan’s Glen, which is a 10-minute drive away.
- The staff were wonderful as were the meals in the restaurant. The fishes dishes were excellent. I was more than delighted with the comfort and location of the Riverside.
- Greeted with a sense of humour (Ross was excellent and very professional)….Lovely room and awesome Salmon and eggs for brekkie!
- Loved being able to sit outside for drinks right next to the river. Lovely atmosphere in restaurant for dinner. Breakfast room lovely and light to eat in.
- Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely warm welcome. Breakfast very good. Location perfect and the room lovely.
The food in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was very good and the service was excellent.
The bathroom was a good size and the shower was very nice.
The location of the property was great! Very local to everything, right in the centre and the view from the window of the river was lovely too.
You could change the heating in the room with a thermostat on each radiator.
The Old Coach House
One of our top picks in Boscastle.Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, The Old Coach House is located in Boscastle. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Newquay is 25 miles from The Old Coach House, and Padstow is 15 miles away. Newquay Airport is 21 miles from the property.
The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated.
Breakfast was the best we had experienced in all the time we had spent in UK.
I liked having my own table set aside for me, very English, and it assured me of a place at breakfast. The breakfast room is a lovely, lightfull conservatory.
Our hosts, Jackie and Geoff, dinner suggestion at The Napoleon was the perfect way to end our day.
- Very friendly and welcoming. Very tasty breakfast!
the friendliness of the staff especially the welcome on arrival.
The breakfast was very nice with a good selection.
Our room was very nicely decorated and a lovely size bed.
- Everything was perfect. We were made very welcome, the breakfast was superb. Our room was warm and comfortable. Would like to visit again. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. We loved every aspect of our stay
- Breakfast choice was excellent, beds comfortable, hosts were very pleasant and helpful amenities good .would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends. snacks were available at night for modest fee !!
- The room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated.
Lower Meadows House
Lower Meadows House is offering accommodation in Boscastle. This 4-star guest house offers free WiFi. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels.At the guest house, all rooms are fitted with a wardrobe. Lower Meadows House features certain rooms with garden views, and rooms are equipped with a kettle. The rooms will provide guests with a fridge.A choice of fully cooked breakfast or continental is available every morning.Newquay is 25.5 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Newquay Cornwall Airport, 21.7 miles from the property.
Friendly atmosphere with excellent local knowledge and very helpful.
Breakfast was also very good.
- Paul and Jackie were lovely nothing was too much trouble. Room was lovely right in the heart of Boscastle . Breakfast was lovely.
- Everything at this location was excellent we plan to return in the near future hosts we’re so friendly and helpful
- We loved everything about this stay in Boscastle, lovely friendly couple very welcoming. Clean spotless room, beautiful food breakfast, couldn’t do enough for us. Thanks for a great stay
- I cannot say enough about the Lower Meadows House. The couple who own the place were so friendly and welcoming. The room was beautiful and comfortable. It is right in the centre of town. There is a great pub across the street and a few others in walking distance. Boscastle is tiny, it’s true but it still is in a great location. Thank you to the owners for our wonderful stay.
- Friendly atmosphere with excellent local knowledge and very helpful.
One of our top picks in Tintagel.This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, The Avalon offers accommodations in Tintagel, just 22 miles from Newquay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the sea or garden. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.Padstow is 12 miles from The Avalon, and Port Isaac is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 19 miles from The Avalon.
- A 5 star small hotel with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Lovely breakfast each morning.Perfect location for Tintagel Castle and Cornwall break.
- The room was immaculate, super clean. The mattress was very comfortable and the towels are of excellent quality and big in size. From the room window there is a view of the ocean in the distance and also of the hills where the Tintagel Castle is located. Location was also excellent because you can walk everywhere in town and also it is a good base for visiting Cornwall. Breakfast was top notch with cook to order options. Fresh fruits, juices, yogurt and the likes were also available. The place is also undergoing some renovation and once that is done it will look even better. My husband and I would surely go back and recommend the place for family and friends.
What more can l say the food was excellent the room was everything you would want from a well deserved starred hotel .
Antony the owner was an exceptional host ,polite,caring and helpful nothing was too much for him.
The room we stayed in overlooks Tintagel castle rock and the sea ,there are 4 rooms at the rear of the property that look out at this very nice view 👍.
In some of the reviews parking has been a small problem but not anymore Antony has created better parking facilities and also lovely outside seating areas to enjoy the fantastic view.
I would highly recommend Avalon hotel our Stay was brilliant .
Wonderful view and perfect position.
Really nice staff and owners.
Good parking if you’re travelling by car.
- Place was lovely, very homely! Breakfast was delicious and the owner went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect!
Atlantic House is located in Bude, 26 miles from Padstow and 21 miles from Port Isaac. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Tavistock is 26 miles from Atlantic House, and Barnstaple is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 33 miles from Atlantic House.
- Owner and staff were attentive and helpful. The room was immaculate and had an amazing sea view. Beach just 5 minute stroll from hotel. Excellent veggie breakfast. Peaceful and relaxing environment for our time in Bude.
- A very comfortable bed. Our room had a beautiful outlook , straight over the beach. The breakfast menu was very good & we would definitely recommend the poached eggs.
- Excellent location, friendly staff, good bar (reasonable prices) and communal area, very clean, good decor, excellent breakfast,
- Great location. Great views . Very close to town. Good restaurants nearby…
- Great room, very clean and the breakfast was really good, it was a bit hot but fixed that once we worked out how to turn down the radiator. It’s right on the coast path and by the beach. The location is fantastic and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.
One of our top picks in Bude.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Run by the same family since 1872, The Brendon Arms overlooks Bude Harbour and is 1,650 feet from Summerleaze Beach. It offers traditional pub food, real ales and free Wi-Fi.The bright rooms at the Brendon feature flat-screen TVs and private bathrooms with either baths or showers. Tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryers are also provided.Cooked breakfasts are served daily and the bar menu features produce including fresh Cornish seafood and local meats. The bar has many West Country specials and there is also a pool table, darts and Sky sports TV.The Bude And North Cornwall Golf Club is a short drive from the guesthouse. There are many beautiful walking routes near the Brendon Arms and seasonal water sports are available at the beach.
- Staff were absolutely great. Offered to do my laundry for free! I didn’t even ask. Also, breakfast was superb. Great omelette!
- Super friendly staff, lovely clean spacious room, great evening meal and breakfast and lovely location.
- Great location, good room with large bathroom – vital with wet swimming gear! Excellent breakfast, nice staff, and a lively bar that you can’t hear from your room.
- Comfortable room,great breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff.
- Nice pub near to town and beaches. Good vaue for money, with friendly staff, reasonable food and clean comfortable accommodation.
The Grosvenor Guest House
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. The Grosvenor Guest House offers accommodations in Bude. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Padstow is 26 miles from The Grosvenor Guest House, and Port Isaac is 21 miles from the property. Newquay Airport is 33 miles away.
- Breakfast was excellent bed was comfy and staff were very friendly
- Extremely warm welcome, fantastic location, and super comfy room. I highly recommend
- Fabulous hosts, really helpful. Great family room with 2 rooms. Kids loves having own TV and the hidden toilet! Fantastic breakfast- vast amounts and great choice, loved the fact it was locally sourced and the information about this on the chalk boards. Great location. Wished we had had time to stay longer. Will come back again.
- The view was amazing. The rooms were clean comfortable and decorating beautifully.
- The room & bathroom were spotless. Parking right at the front door. Town & beach within spitting distance. Scrumptious breakfasts. Very friendly & helpful hosts.
One of our top picks in Bude.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. A boutique bed and breakfast run by a young and energetic family, the Edgcumbe offers chic seaside style with a relaxed and informal feel.Surrounded by sandy beaches and with sweeping views of Summerleaze Beach and the Downs, the hotel is only a 2-minute walk from the middle of town. The Edgcumbe has the ideal location from which to explore the many sights and experiences of Cornwall.You could just stay in and have a Cornish Ale or cappuccino in the cafe style bar, or a glass of wine in the contemporary sun lounge.
- The food and staff were amazing location was great
- The staff went out of their way to cater to my dietary requirements. I like their eco friendly ethos and the fact they try to be plastic. They were very helpful and were willing to direct you to places and eateries of interest. We even got the opportunity to walk a dog as they were more than happy for us to take one of the family pets out
- Food (breakfast and evening); friendliness of all staff; location and convenience.
- Nothing was too much trouble, very friendly family run, made to feel very welcome in their home.
Top Class….and well run…
Restaurant good food
Bar good pint
Sunrise Guest House
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Sunrise Guest House offers accommodations in Bude.A flat-screen TV, as well as a CD player are provided. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Padstow is 26 miles from Sunrise Guest House, and Port Isaac is 21 miles away. Newquay Airport is 34 miles from the property.
Hostess was lovely, really happy to talk and give you information as well as make you feel at home.
Breakfast was literally cooked to order and the form you need to fill out the night before gives you room to ask for extras or eggs well done etc.
I had a great nights sleep both nights I stayed and the person I was travelling with said it has the best pillows ever. Apparently numerous guests have said the same and have even asked the hostess to buy/order some for them.
- Really lovely, warm and inviting place. Kara and fellow guests made me feel very welcome as a solo traveller. Highly recommended. Clean, tastefully decorated and great central location. Fab breakfasts too. I will definitely look to return on my next trip to Bude.
- Friendly welcome, lovely premises, fresh cooked breakfast. Perfect
Cosy and warm. Beautiful room and comfortable. Ensuite was really nice and the shower amazing. Beautiful house and Really good breakfast!
Lovely owner and helpful 🙂
- The owner was very friendly. The bed was really comfy. The breakfast was wonderful. The house decorated to a high standard. Lovely place. And close to the town centre and beaches.
- Hostess was lovely, really happy to talk and give you information as well as make you feel at home.
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Bude, 27 miles from Padstow, Surf Haven features a terrace and views of the sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries.There is a shared lounge at the property.The guest house also provides bike rental. Port Isaac is 21 miles from Surf Haven, and Tavistock is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport, 34 miles from the property.
- Caroline & Peter we’re brilliant hosts and made sure we had a very comfortable stay!
- Absolutely loved our stay at Safe Haven over the Easter Holiday. Caroline and Peter were so welcoming, the room was beautiful and very spacious with a lovely view out towards the sea, and the breakfast was delicious! Highly recommend!
- The room was large, very comfortable and tastefully furnished and the bathroom was also very large with a powerful shower. We really appreciated the extra touches such as a pot of tea and delicious homemade flapjacks on arrival and fresh coffee and water in the fridge. Caroline and Peter were very friendly and helpful. It was a short and pleasant stroll to the town centre and also a 5 minute walk to the coast. We hope to return soon.
- Peter and Caroline made us feel at home, our room was excellent and breakfast was delicious. ..location was very good …definitely will return.
- . Homemade biscuits with a cup of tea when we arrived. Warm and very comfortable room. Huge bed. Large bathroom with fantastic shower. Lovely breakfast too. Very friendly hosts. Thoroughly recommend Surf Haven.
Top Guest Houses In Saint Gennys Cornwall Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Saint Gennys Cornwall to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Saint Gennys Cornwall but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Saint Gennys Cornwall. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!