10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Saffron Walden Essex – Top Hotel Reviews
Saffron Walden Essex is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Saffron Walden Essex. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saffron Walden Essex. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saffron Walden Essex. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Saffron Walden Essex right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Saffron Walden Essex with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Saffron Walden Essex:
Linden House Stansted
Linden House Stansted is located in Stansted Mountfitchet, 31 miles from London and 21 miles from Cambridge. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A flat-screen TV, as well as an iPod docking station are provided. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Luton is 26 miles from Linden House Stansted, and Watford is 30 miles from the property. London Stansted Airport is 3.1 miles away.
- Breakfast was good. Bed was comfortable. Shower was good.
Fridge outside rooms to help yourself to milk, water etc.
Atmosphere of hotel is lovely – old English but modern
Very comfy bed
Friendly and helpful staff
Comfortable room nice bed linen
Room smelt very nice
Towels and toiletries were good quality
Lovely breakfast very friendly and attentive staff
- It was quirky and made sure I requested the room off the main road so a very peaceful night
The Green Man Boutique Hotel
Located in Takeley, 30 miles from London, The Green Man Boutique Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Cambridge is 24 miles from The Green Man Boutique Hotel, and Southend-on-Sea is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 1.9 miles from The Green Man Boutique Hotel.
- Bed was comfortable and bedrooms although small were well appointed
- We arrived late, but received an email explaining how to get to our room. It was very easy! The room was beautiful, very cute. My boyfriend and I just wanted a night sleep before travelling early from Stansted airport, and it was perfect for this.
- Under 2km from car rental at Stansted. Good shower. Room OK.
- Handy to Stanstead airpotrt. Staff friendly and helpful
- Nice, cosy room very close to the airport. Good pub food and a warm welcome.
Chimneys is located in Stansted Mountfitchet, just 31 miles from London. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a TV. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include bathrobes and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Cambridge is 21 miles from Chimneys, and Luton is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- Everything about it, especially how nice and quiet it was after a long day in buzzing London. The breakfast was brilliant – I had the ham, which was clearly a local, high-quality product. The owner was extremely friendly.
- I liked everything , very welcoming and a fantastic cooked breakfast with filter coffee and the option of equally good cereals and fruit etc
- Friendly proprietor, clean and comfortable room and excelllent breakfast with a very wide choice. It’s a really lovely place to stay and would use it again if in the area.
Lovely owners, very welcoming and informative.
Room was delightful, so full of old world charm.
Breakfast is a real treat. Try the homemade marmalades, they’re gorgeous.
- the room was very nicely appointed,would recommend to others,
Ayah Villa Guest House
One of our best sellers in Cambridge! Located in Cambridge, 2.7 miles from King’s College, Ayah Villa Guest House features free WiFi access and free private parking.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.London Stansted Airport is 20 miles away.
- My room was 100% clean as was the bathroom. The room was small as I expected ; true to the photograph. The temperature of the room was ideal. The staff were really friendly. I had two great nights sleep. And it was 5 mins from my daughter. The price was excellent value for money; for me it ticked all the boxes
- Very friendly and welcoming, comfortable bed and excellent coffee.
- The staff is really great and considerate. A very great place to spend your time.
Staff were friendly, extra bedding, fan, several pillows.
Very Clean & fresh room.
Perfect location for Addenbrookes Hospital.
Free hot beverage machine & water dispenser in dining room & microwave for heating any meal we brought in.
- The room was very comfortable and clean with plenty of storage space. The hostess was very friendly and welcoming. Very good value for money.
The Willows Guest House
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, The Willows Guest House offers accommodations in Takeley.The rooms come with a TV. Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Cambridge is 24 miles from The Willows Guest House, and Southend-on-Sea is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 1.2 miles from The Willows Guest House.
- Well equipped room and it was really easy to get to the airport
- Excellent service, beautiful site, perfect for a short stay
- Perfect location, very quiet and comfortable. My children say : “it’s the Snow White’s House”. Indeed. And perfect check-in for our late flight. Thank you very much for the free airport shuttles.
- Although it is only 5 minutes away from the airport it feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. The centuries old thatched cottage that is part of the owners home and reception area was lovely. Kev was super helpful, helping us plan our exploration of the area, recommending the pub owned by Jamie Oliver’s parents, and other equally wonderful sights and experiences. And it was waaay cheaper and nicer than the airport hotel the airline put us in later. It was a lovely, quiet place to explore from and unwind.
- Ideal location for an early morning flight from Stansted. Sue and Kev the owners are very helpful and kind. The accommodation is of a good standard. Good shower and comfortable room.
The White House
The White House offers accommodations in Takeley. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV and DVD player. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.London is 30 miles from The White House, and Cambridge is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 1.9 miles from The White House.
- Very easy drive to the airport. Very comfortable room. A nice place to relax the night before an early morning flight.
- Everything was marvellous!! Very friendly staff, wonderful rooms, cozy, clean, comfortable!! The only disadvantage is that there wasn’t metro near there, but the people there make arrangements for our free transport to an excellent local pub which called “the lion and the lamp”! I definantly believe that worth staying there!!
- Considering we checked in at 2 am they were very accommodating.
- The host was exceptionally helpful and kind. The room was beautiful and very warm.
- Lovely hosts, freshly prepared breakfast in the morning. Rooms very comfy and nicely decorated with large, cozy beds.
Cambridge City Tenison Towers
Located in Cambridge, 0.9 miles from King’s College, Cambridge City Tenison Towers features free WiFi access and private parking.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 22 miles from the property.
- Clean and comfortable room. Very welcoming lady on desk.
- Helen was friendly helpful and a pleasure to talk to. The place was ideal for the area immaculate and organised.
- Really friendly welcome, polite, courteous and helpful. Nicely appointed room with TV, coffee & tea making facilities, excellent wifi, comfortable and clean.
- It was great that we could come and go as we pleased! And the staff were lovely, letting us leave our bags in storage after we checked out.
- Helen was very friendly. The location was great if you came by public transport: 3 minutes level walk from Cambridge station, and about 15 minutes level walk from where the National Express coaches set down. The cooked breakfast was great value at 7.50 pounds.
Bridge Guest House
The Bridge Guest House is 650 feet from Cambridge Leisure Park and a 10-minute walk from Cambridge Train Station. It offers traditional breakfasts, rooms with free Wi-Fi and free parking.Rooms at the Bridge Guest House feature bathrooms with a shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Rooms also include TVs, ironing equipment and tea/coffee making facilities.There are several restaurants, a bowling alley and a Cineworld within a 5-minute walk of the Bridge Guest House. The Junction, a music, comedy and theater venue, is also just a 5 minute walk away.There is a bus stop outside the guesthouse with regular services to the center of the city, which is just one mile away. The center boasts the many Cambridge University colleges and the Grand Arcade shopping center.
- The location was perfect. Very pleased we asked for quiet room as rooms at the front of building I quess would be noisy from traffic.
- bed was nice and comfy and breakfast was very good everything cooked to order not cooked and left on hot plate
- Very handy for the railway station and the bus to the town centre (but it is perfectly walkable too), and very handy for the bus to Addenbrookes hospital and also handy to walk to Addenbrookes via a pleasant back-route on quiet avenues. The staff are friendly, and courteous with it. I wish I’d opted for breakfast, because it looked delicious.
- Our beds were comfortable and the whole guest house was warm. Staff were pleasant and helpful.
- It was comfortable, clean and spacious with a traditional charm. All the things I need for my visit were were available
Stansted Airport Lodge
One of our best sellers in Takeley! Stansted Airport Lodge offers accommodations in Takeley. Private parking is available on site.All rooms include a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom.London is 30 miles from Stansted Airport Lodge, and Cambridge is 24 miles from the property. London Stansted Airport is 1.9 miles away.
- Friendly, helpful and professional staff. Very efficient. excellent wifi in room number four.
- Recently re-decorated so all clean and smart but standard of finish was poor so I doubt the room will look as good in 6 months time. Good selection of breakfast items.
- Not much. Breakfast was scant albeit continental included. Disappointing.
- Very cheap for what we needed, just a place to stay for one night to make it in time for our early flight out of the Stansted Airport.
- Close to the Stansted Airport via shuttle. Breakfast was fine.
The Cottage Guest House
The Cottage Guest House is located in Bishops Stortford, 29 miles from London and 22 miles from Cambridge. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.Luton is 26 miles from The Cottage Guest House, and Watford is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 3.1 miles from The Cottage Guest House.
- Returned to this guest house because of the friendly patrons, the great location and the comfortable beds
Very comfy bed, lovely quiet sleep. Very obliging owner extended checkout for an hour which was perfect.
Not for those who want a modern box. The owners of this historic house have had to try and fit modern facilities into the constrictions of history which sometimes results in unconventional arrangements. Not for everyone but I loved it. Excellent breakfast. Would stay again
- we arrived from 26 Celsius to 4 Celsius, we were freezing cold and tired,the room was wonderful but cold we went out for dinner arrived back made a drink and the host had put two hot water bottles in the bed, the icing on the cake, breakfast was lovely and a very tasty sausage, not cardboard,we will consider this place again if we travel from Stanstead,lovely people wish them the best.
- Proximity to Stanstead airport,beautiful charming house full of character.You can reach it for 2.40 by bus if you don’t like giving the Taxi maffia at the airport 20 pounds ! Great place for an overnight stop in between flights,fantastic breakfast and very welcoming hosts.
Quiet. Excellent Breakfast. Left some tablets by mistake and proprietor was good enough to contact me and subsequent return them.
In fairness I regularly travel around Britain and todate this has been the best of the Guest Houses I have stayed in. I would happily recommend it to others.
Top Guest Houses In Saffron Walden Essex Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Saffron Walden Essex to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Saffron Walden Essex but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Saffron Walden Essex. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!