10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Rockcliffe Cumbria – Top Hotel Reviews
Rockcliffe Cumbria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Rockcliffe Cumbria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rockcliffe Cumbria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rockcliffe Cumbria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Rockcliffe Cumbria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Rockcliffe Cumbria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Rockcliffe Cumbria:
Park Broom Lodge
One of our best sellers in Carlisle! Park Broom Lodge is located in Carlisle, just 24 miles from Keswick. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Dumfries is 30 miles from Park Broom Lodge, and Penrith is 19 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 47 miles from the property.
- Lovely room great bathroom. Food fantastic, recommend the evening meal. Staff where friendly and helpful
- Very clean, luxury feel to the whole place and everything that you need, very comfy bed and luxury shower room. Lots of room and beautifully areanged with nice lighting gives a nice mood. Lovely staff, friendly and helpful.
Prefect breakfast! Professional freshly cooked various breakfast!
3 glazed of windows to isolated the car noisy from the road!
- Very accommodating and friendly. Beautiful clean room with a little balcony (room 12). Tasty breakfast and dinner. Would recommend to anyone staying in the area. Road noise was not an issue, even with the windows open all night.
- Everything was really good. Had a lovely sleep and the breakfast was really good.
Abbey Court Guest House
Abbey Court Guest House is located in Carlisle, 21 miles from Keswick and 30 miles from Grasmere.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room.There is luggage storage space at the property.Dumfries is 30 miles from Abbey Court Guest House, and Penrith is 17 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 49 miles from the property.
- A very homely cosy place with extra comfortable beds and very good breakfast. Had a free upgrade to a more luxurious room!
- Great facilities and a very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, with lots of choice. Great value for money and would highly recommend as such a great location. A few takeaways located ideally if you want to grab a quick bite to eat.
- Excellent value, well decorated with good shower and let me check in early as was going to the footy. Good breakfast too.
- Centrally located ideal for us attending the football. Very quiet. Very clean. And staff very friendly. Would definitely recommend and stay again.
- The bed was so snuggly and warm.. I couldn’t wait to get in! The pillows were perfect . The breakfasts could not have been better. They were made to order and the mushrooms were divine.. the eggs perfectly poached, the ham and sausage and beans were all fabulous!
One of our best sellers in Carlisle! Featuring free WiFi, Cornerhouse Guesthouse offers accommodations in Carlisle, just 21 miles from Keswick.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play darts at the guesthouse. Grasmere is 30 miles from Cornerhouse Guesthouse, and Dumfries is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 49 miles from the property.
- Very friendly staff, bottle of rose at arrival, which was a lovely touch, the double room was absolutely amazing. Comfortable bed, big bathroom, so so close to bars, shops and restaurants but away from the noise.
- I booked well in advance and the price was so low that I felt there must be a catch, but there really wasn’t, the room was small, but clean, warm, quiet and secure. The WiFi was perfect, the location was incredibly convenient and the breif interaction I had with a staff member was very pleasant and welcoming, a totally hassle free experience and there’s nothing else I could really ask for at the price.
- Good comfortable bed .and good breakfast .new lady just started very friendly and lovely to speak to wishing her well and great that she has worked in Carlisle .my sister enjoyed her stay
- Good value for money and a nice breakfast. Would stay again.
- Really friendly and helpful owners.Great single room with all amenities in the room and a really comfy bed .Also free parking permit
The Angus Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, The Angus offers accommodations in Carlisle.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Keswick is 22 miles from The Angus, and Grasmere is 31 miles from the property. Newcastle Airport is 50 miles away.
- Great off road parking. Hotel was really clean. Bed was comfortable. Good WiFi. Excellent breakfast. Host could not have been better. Would recommend to my friends and family
- Pros:Lovely hotel. Clean room and ensuite. All the amenities you could want. Very friendly owners. Good breakfast. Located close to Carlisle city center. Good wifi
Very enjoyable stay central for town centre room very comfortable staff very friendly
Would certainly go back and stay again thanks to all
- Amazing breakfast, comfortable beds, lovely staff. Generally a very positive experience.
- What makes The Angus exceptional is Martin and Rachel’s friendliness and absolute commitment to their guests’ comfort. The freshly cooked breakfast is as good as you’ll get anywhere (and much better than many four star hotel chains) and while the evening meal choice is simple the food is again excellent. The rooms to the rear of the hotel are quieter but all are impeccably clean and comfortable.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Vallum House offers accommodations in Carlisle. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room.There is room service at the property.Keswick is 21 miles from Vallum House, and Grasmere is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 51 miles from Vallum House.
- The staff were great and so was the food. would stay again.
- Opened to let in trapped travellers from the snow. Friendly people, comfy clean rooms and a restuarant/bar on site.
- Food was excellent in the restaurant plenty of it and good service couldn’t fault anything
- Super breakfast and very friendly people. 1/2 mile walk to bus stop and then 10 minutes to town centre. Very peaceful. Staff were very accommodating as I was working nights.
- Very good value. Plesant staff and good food. Would recommend to anyone.
Featuring free WiFi, Surrone House offers accommodations in Gretna. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Keswick is 27 miles from Surrone House, and Carlisle is 9 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 53 miles from Surrone House.
- Custom cooked breakfast selection to avoid waste and picking a time so there is minimal delay when you visit the dining room. Greeted with a pot of tea and shortbread on arrival was nice. Very welcoming. There is a very informative welcome pack in the room. Ask about the artwork…
- Fantastic hosts. Excellent breakfast, extremely good value for money.
- Everything! The owners were willing to go out of their way to help. They had everything set up from the high chair and travel cot for our 7 month old to maps for the local area.The room exceptionally clean, warm and was restocked with fresh drinking water and home comforts daily. Best nights sleep we had had and our 8year old felt safe and comfortable in a new environment. The breakfast was amazing good quality products and they couldn’t do enough for us. As we were new to the area local points of interest were pointed out to us and even maps were given. Amazing I can’t say enough, John and Christine were such lovely people and kind and considerate to our two young children also you can tell they take great pride in the service and is well worth the money. We enjoyed that much we have re booked for June. Thank you for everything John and Christine for such a warm, caring environment. See you again soon!
- new bathrooms.room. very clean breakfast fantastic
- Good sized family room. Great local location. Great hosts and a Great breakfast.
Crossroads House offers accommodations in Carlisle. The guesthouse has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Keswick is 20 miles from Crossroads House, and Ambleside is 29 miles from the property. Newcastle Airport is 49 miles away.
- Very nice owners, nothing too much trouble for them, thank you
- Friendly ad efficient. Close to excellent restaurant “The Plough”
- Breakfast was large and good value for money, tasty too. Having a bath ensuite was also very nice.
- It’s a great location just 2 minutes from the motorway, warren & sue are very welcoming, rooms to an excellent standard and the breakfast was great, nothing was too much hassle, they phoned ahead for us to eat locally and we shared a couple of hours in conversation over a drink in the lounge, very relaxing after dinner, highly recommended and will stay again if in the area
- The owner was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend.
Kirkcroft Guest House
Once Gretna Green’s post office, Kirkcroft is now a lovely bed and breakfast less than a 5 minute walk from Gretna Green Train Station. Free private parking is available and the A74 highway is a 5 minute drive from the property. Free Wi-Fi is accessible in public areas.The World Famous Blacksmiths Shop, renowned since the early 18th century as the marriage destination of choice, is also a 5 minute walk from Kirkcroft Guest House. Fishing is possible on several rivers, all of which are located one mile from this property.Each neutrally decorated room has a TV, radio, closet and tea/coffee-making facilities. Rooms also have a private bathroom with a shower and a selection of toiletries. Hairdryers are available upon request.
- Owners were lovely. House was spotless. Bed was comfy. Breaky was great. Overall very happy.
- Everything was lovely and really great value. The owners were extremely nice.
- Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good.
- Excellent position not far from major routes and also nice quiet setting
- The location was excellent ,short walk to Wedding venues, pubs and the outlet shops , excellent breakfast and the Hosts went out of their way to leave takeaway breakfasts outside out door as we were leaving at 4.30 am which was to our surprise and much appreciated. The room maybe older decor but was clean and comfortable , The room down stairs was big , very comfortable bed,the en suite was big and very clean and which both was kept maintained during our stay even though we were on the run and we had created a mess. Many thanks for your services the delicious full English breakfast and especially for the surprise take away breakfast so early in the morning which was over and above the call of duty
Cartref Guest House
Cartref Guest House offers accommodations in Carlisle.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Keswick is 22 miles from Cartref Guest House, and Grasmere is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 49 miles from the property.
- The extra’s fridge with with a few goodies and small bottle of wine.Breakfast you can pick what you req the day before loads to choose from as well. Bed comfy what you need after long walks
- Guest house was close to city centre and the landlady was very friendly and helpful. Bedroom was light and airy, bed very comfortable and a good choice of dishes for breakfast.
- Good location, great support of the staff, great breakfast
- The breakfast was excellent especially the poached eggs. Thank you for a lovely stay.
- A beautiful guest house right in the centre of Carlisle, easy walking distance to restaurants and the main train station. Our host was incredibly friendly and the room was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated (the bathroom was particularly fancy).
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Lynebank House offers accommodations in Carlisle. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Keswick is 26 miles from Lynebank House, and Dumfries is 27 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 49 miles from the property.
- The breakfast in the morning was very hearty and the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming.
Amir was lovely and everything we needed was provided,
Breakfast was included too – a nice surprise as I didn’t realise it was!
- Really good value for money and very helpful staff. The facilities were basic but what you’d expect for the cost. We arrived later in the evening and the owner was great in helping us find a local takeaway for some dinner. Always smiling.
- The bed was very comfy also owner is a very nice and polite guy
- Friendly service and great value. Place was clean.
Top Guest Houses In Rockcliffe Cumbria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Rockcliffe Cumbria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Rockcliffe Cumbria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Rockcliffe Cumbria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!