10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Roag Isle of Skye – Top Hotel Reviews
Roag Isle of Skye is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Roag Isle of Skye. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Roag Isle of Skye. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Roag Isle of Skye. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Roag Isle of Skye right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Roag Isle of Skye with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Roag Isle Of Skye:
Built in 1890, Roskhill House offers accommodation in a unique old croft house, located 350 feet off the main road, just 3 miles from Dunvegan village. Each room offers free Wi-Fi, a private bathroom and a small fridge.Each room at the Roskhill offers an en-suite shower, a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as an iPod docking station. There is also a hairdryer in the bathroom.The property served once as a post office, so has traditional exposed stone walls. Tea and freshly home made cakes are served in the guest lounge every afternoonBreakfast menu includes a wide choice of dishes, traditional, vegetarian and vegan. Guests can enjoy a buffet or order pancakes, smoked fish, meats and porridge.Roskhill House is situated 1.6 miles from Loch na Faolinn.
Very clean and every little detail provided
Lovely meal at local restaurant
- Very welcoming, friendly & welcoming hosts. Peaceful spot away from the main road so no traffic noise.
- This little bed and breakfast is in a great location. Fiona and Dale were lovely, anything you needed they were always happy to help. The room was warm and welcoming with a comfy bed.
- Our room was large, very comfortable, our hosts extremely helpful, and Julia is an excellent cook. Life on Skye away from tourists. Perfect!
- Our room here was spacious, beautifully decorated and had a very comfortable bed and spotless bathroom. The hosts were extremely helpful and offered an outstanding breakfast. There are plenty of parking spaces. I really cannot fault a thing with this B&B. Roskhill House is located in Dunvegan and I highly recommend a visit to Dunvegan Castle if the family is not in residence. It is fascinating!
- Very clean and every little detail provided
Kilmuir 42 Dbl ensuite
Showcasing a barbecue and views of the sea, Kilmuir 42 Dbl ensuite is located in Dunvegan, just 14 miles from Portree. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.You will find luggage storage space at the property.The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 55 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Atholl Guest House
One of our top picks in Dunvegan.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Atholl Guest House offers accommodations in Dunvegan, just 14 miles from Portree. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Stornoway Airport is 55 miles from the property.
- Warm hospitality from the friendly and helpful owners! Clean and practical room with a nice view. Loved the breakfast! Would certainly suggest this guest house!
- Gordon and Pauline’s home is walking distance to a small general store and cake shop (which does yummy soup!). Breakfast is great. The room is very clean.
- Very welcoming staff and good room at a fair price. Highly recommend
- The proprietors were really really hospital and very helpful in providing local information on everything. The place was spotless and very cozy. Great place to return at the end of each travel day.
- The hosts were very friendly and helpful, with lots of tips given for local area amenities and sights. The rooms were well furnished and cosy and we enjoyed having a spacious, comfortable guest lounge to use in the evening.
The Tables Guest House
The Tables Guest House offers accommodations in Dunvegan.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Stornoway Airport is 55 miles away.
- We really enjoyed our stay here and the hosts are absolutely lovely, they will go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. The breakfast was delicious and we loved the coffee/hot chocolate machine in the lounge. The bed was incredibly comfortable, best nights sleep we had had in a long time! Good secure parking, lots of nice little shops in the village and a very nice restaurant.
- It was perfect, clean and well decorated in a great location.
- Breakfast was fabulous, hosts were helpful and hospitable and Stella the dog was delightful.
- This is a wonderful place to stay. Every little detail has been considered from luxury bedding to sewing kits in the room! The public spaces are beautiful and done to a very high standard. The breakfasts and packed lunches are delicious and the use of good quality ingredients are apparent. The hosts are really friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble . The quality of this accommodation far exceeds what I would expect from a guest house.
- The Tables is spotlessly clean. Amazing home made fruit salad and a range of excellent breakfast choices. Hosts most friendly and welcoming. Lovely loch views with ample parking for cars. Dunvegan is a good base to explore Skye from. Amazing bird life on the island with outstanding scenery, we loved every minute, even the weather was warm and sunny. Pick the Tables and you can’t go wrong, brilliant. PS lovely packed lunches.
Loch Eyre House
Located in Portree, 30 miles from Torridon, Loch Eyre House features free WiFi access and free private parking.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms have views of the sea or garden. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Stornoway Airport is 50 miles away.
- The owners were very kind and went above and beyond when we had rental car issues. With offers to drive us to Portree and follow us into Portree after our car was repaired just to make sure it was running correctly. They were lovely hosts. We would stay there again!
- Quiet and peaceful, with no noise from passing traffic. Very easy to get to many of the major tourist attractions on Skye. Hosts Emily and Adam were very accommodating for special needs.
- Warm welcome, relaxed atmosphere, bright room, good shower
- The staff is so patient and diligent. They make sure you get there at ease. We were a bit lost in sky but they called us (assumed right to think we were lost) and we got there! The room is so chic, tea taste amazing, bathroom is so clean, and again staff is super kind. Breakfast is amaziiiiiing! The place is super cozy and comfortable. I felt like I was home.
- The host was very friendly and gave us a warm welcome.
Rosebank Guest House
Rosebank Guest House is located in Portree, just 27 miles from Torridon. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find luggage storage space at the property.The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 55 miles from the property.
- The location was great- the ability to walk downtown for dinner was great. The check in was very pleasant and the room was cozy and comfortable.
- Staff were very nice and helpful. Got a very good recommendation on where to go for dinner. Short walk away from city centre and harbour.
- Spacious and comfy room; excellent service from the staff; friendly cat in the neighbourhood
- Very friendly and helpful staFfestiniog and great breakfast
- Buen desayuno, camas cómodas, personal muy bueno!!
Sea View House
Sea View House offers accommodations in Portree. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith satellite channels, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains.Torridon is 27 miles from Sea View House, and Kyle of Lochalsh is 20 miles away. The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 55 miles from Sea View House.
- location is close to restaurant n scenic lake. A warm welcome by Garin
- The wonderful view from the two windows of the room and the cozyness of the room.
- Very polite and courteous staff. Good information provided by email prior to stay. It’s reasonably close to the centre of town with some good eating and drinking options within 10 minutes walk. Clean and bright room. Good option if you’ve got a car, as Portree has limited parking.
- We were greeted very well, the staff was super friendly and helpful, we got plenty of information for what to see and do in the area, as well as the best restaurants to eat. Would visit again for sure.
- The property was clean and the decor modern. I had a single ensuing room for one night which was comfortable and contained a TV and kettle. There were a couple of minor issues but this is a lovely property in a nice location.
Oronsay B&B is located in Portree, just 27 miles from Torridon. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 55 miles from Oronsay B&B.
No reviews yet.
Braeside Guest Rooms
Occupying a former farmhouse 2 minutes from the harbour, Braeside Guest Rooms provides high-quality accommodation in picturesque Portree on the Isle of Skye. It’s just 2 minutes’ walk to the town centre.Each guest room at Braeside Guest Rooms has en suite facilities with a shower. The centrally heated rooms have a TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities.Among the island’s attractions, you can visit The Aros Experience offering shopping, food and culture, just 3 minutes’ drive away. In 5 acres of gardens, historic Dunvegan Castle is a 35-minute drive, on the western side of the island.
- The owner is very helpful, prestative and a very nice person.
- The host is very friendly and near central of portee
- Location is perfect if you are using Portree as a base in Skye. It is very close to a CoOp supermarket. Room was Nice, comfortable and clean. There was coffee machine, hot shower, space, power outlets, TV, etc. Staff was polite
- Very friendly owner, great location, nice homely deco.
- It’s a charming property in a fantastic location. Nothing is too far away. The owner, Ruth, is lovely and unbelievably helpful. We wanted to stay an extra day and thankfully she kindly helped despite having a personal engagement elsewhere.
Coolin View is located in Portree, 27 miles from Torridon and 20 miles from Kyle of Lochalsh. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains. A flat-screen TV is provided.The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 56 miles from the property.
Great Location! We were received with a very warm welcome, the room was on the lower floor, large enough for 4 people ( as we have 2 children). The bathroom although small, it was well renovated and the shower had plenty of hot water with a good pressure ( that is always a deal breaker for me).
Breakfast was very good, clean and fast, at the restaurant next door.
Overall a wonderful place to stay!
- Good location. Staff friendly on phone. Co-op down street is handy.
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, great associated restaurant next door.
- Breakfast was good and home made. The location and view on the harbour
- Incredible location, good breakfast next door, price level are high we had the window view over Portree harbour.
- Great Location! We were received with a very warm welcome, the room was on the lower floor, large enough for 4 people ( as we have 2 children). The bathroom although small, it was well renovated and the shower had plenty of hot water with a good pressure ( that is always a deal breaker for me).
Top Guest Houses In Roag Isle Of Skye Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Roag Isle of Skye to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Roag Isle of Skye but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Roag Isle of Skye. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!