10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Rioux Poitou-Charentes – Top Hotel Reviews
Rioux Poitou-Charentes is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Rioux Poitou-Charentes. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rioux Poitou-Charentes. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rioux Poitou-Charentes. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Rioux Poitou-Charentes right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Rioux Poitou-Charentes with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Rioux Poitou-charentes:
Free WiFi, an LCD TV and a private bathroom are included in the individually decorated rooms, which have parquet floors. Maison Schuler also offers an apartment suitable for disabled guests.A large continental breakfast is served every morning. Upon prior reservation, evening meals can also be enjoyed at Maison Schuler.Free private parking is available on site at Maison Schuler. Local leisure activities include fishing and water sports at the River Charente. Royan, Ile d’Oléron and Cognac are just 30 minutes away.
- Enjoyed the Hotel Owner. He was very accommodating and we had excellent rapport. The room as well as hotel was very modern. The bed had soft pillows and was very comfortable.
- We were the only guests .Given a lovely ground floor room opening onto private terrace with adjoining sittingroom Really comfortable and huge modern en suite showeroom.We opted for the evening meal which was excellent Unusual starter (celeriac/prawns)lamb cooked as requested and home made apple tart.with wine Breakfast was also excellent .Just off the main route south of Saintes.
- Comfy bed, very useful kitchen facilities, plenty for breakfast and good location for our travelling plans. Friendly, helpful host.
- T he owner run Maison Schuler was lovely and Manfred cooked a beautiful 3 course dinner with wine for us, followed by a lovely breakfast before departure. He could not have been more helpful and our retriever Ollie loved it too.
- Excellent, spotless accommodation. Very comfortable bed and modern bathroom. Delicious dinner cooked by host and lovely breakfast including a range of breads and pastries from local bakery, fresh fruit, and cheeses.
Château de Théon
Featuring a private bathroom, rooms at Château de Théon also feature a garden view.A continental breakfast is served at the property.You can play ping pong at Château de Théon.Royan is 10 miles from Château de Théon, while Saintes is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is La Rochelle – Île de Ré Airport, 45 miles from Château de Théon.
Very friendly owner who helped with maps and local tourist information
Large comfortable room and bathroom in separate block
Well sign posted so easy to find in very rural location
- Not a lot just a typical chateau being done up on a shoe string
- Bearly operational. This 13C. chateau abounds in potential but the place and the management just aren’t ready for guests at this point. After solving the mystery of how to find this place with few road markers, we had to search the property for the proprietor both for check-in and for breakfast. He seemed totally unaware of how to care for the needs of the guests although he was friendly. He has renovated a couple rooms in the barn complex but the chateaux itself remains in disrepair. Our room and bathroom were clean and modernized but spartan. It needs a soft chair or 2, some care in the decor (it’s a mix of several eras without a theme). The pool out back may be the high point.
- Setting beautiful – Location (when eventually found) lovely – bed comfortable
- We were welcomed by the host and immediately felt at home. The room was wonderful and the chateau and gardens were absolutely gorgeous – a bit shabby but very appealing. The host booked us a table at a local restaurant which was superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.
- Very friendly owner who helped with maps and local tourist information
Guests can enjoy traditional meals with the owner on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and the food can be served on the terrace in the summer. A hearty breakfast is served in the morning and some restaurants can be found 10 minutes’ walk away.Decorated with the sea and nature in mind, the bedrooms all have an en suite bathroom with bath and shower.The towns of Rochefort, Royan and Marennes are a 40 minutes’ drive from Les Persiennes. St Pierre Cathedral is just over 0.6 miles away and there is free parking on site.
- Very good impromptu evening meal which was very reasonable. Excellent breakfast. Very relaxing garden area
We loved the overall atmosphere and authentic period character. A friendly welcome from our excellent hosts who also offered us a local platter of cheese and meat for supper as well as delicious breakfast next day. Short walk to Saintes which offers historical buildings aswell as delightful restaurants and shops. Our bedroom was in the house and beautifully decorated, there is total attention to detail through out Les Persiennes which makes it a very relaxing comfortable place to stay. Sheep and chickens in the orchard proving delicious eggs and fruit for home made jams.
Private parking, very convenient stay when travelling up or down the A83.
- Very good breakfast and a very relaxing place to stay
- Beds comfy, breakfast was wonderfull with loads of homemade stuff and produce from their gardens and the host could not have been more friendly and attentive. The whole place was really relaxing and loved sitting in the garden in the evening just chilling. Bathroom was fab with loads of soft fluffy towels.
- General cleaning, comfort, courtesy, a complete and tasteful breakfast.
Chambres d’Hôtes de L’Auberge Pontoise
All rooms at Auberge Pontoise offer garden views and a TV with satellite channels. They also have a private bathroom with a shower.A buffet breakfast is served every morning at Auberge Pontoise, in the dining room which includes elegant decoration.This property is 14.9 miles from Cognac and 3.7 miles from the A10 motorway. Free public parking is available in the area.
- The room was OK. The outdoor area and the garden untouched. Outbound friendly.
- Clean, basic accommodation; value for money. Convenient stopover on way south.
- Bed super comfy, room was large and airy with small seating area to the rear garden. Quiet and relaxing. Nice bed linen (cotton cool and decent pillows). Our room had a small kitchen area too which was nice and handy.
- Bien placé dommage à mon avis c’est bientôt la fin pourtant le propriétaire est agréable
- Le côté décontracté de l’endroit associé à un accueil très professionnel.
Château des Salles
Each room here will provide you with a TV. Featuring a bath or shower, each private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries. You can enjoy garden views from the rooms.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling and hiking. The property offers free parking.
- Staff were fantastic, breakfast had a great variety. We also at at the Chateau, a lovely meal cooked just for us. The Chateau had a feeling of a home rather than a hotel and for us this made it a bit more special.
- The whole experience was superb. The building full of character, the owner incredibly knowledgeable and a pleasure to meet. The food was delightful. 10/10. Would love to visit again.
- Everything was absolutely great and we’d love to come back next time!
Unique location over the river.
The staff were enthusiastic about our stay and very attentive, helpful and personable. This made up for the disappointment of the condition of the property.
- Owner proprietor an excellant host nothing to much trouble would stay again if in the area
Le Domaine du Meunier
Le Domaine du Meunier proposes elegantly decorated guest rooms and self-catering apartments. The rooms have parquet flooring and a private shower room and the apartments include a fully equipped kitchen.A continental breakfast is available every morning and guests have access to facilities for making hot drinks in the rooms. Nearby activities include wine tastings, golfing and fishing or sailing on the Gironde River.Free parking is available on site and the beaches of Meschers-sur-Gironde are 9.3 miles away. The property is 18.6 miles from Royan and 21.7 miles from central Saintes.
- The hosts were super-friendly and helpful. Our suite, the jardin was great, spacious and we appreciated the kitchen. The whole place is something to experience, so much of interest and fun, such as the huge number of restored pinball machines. It is really something else, as they say. And the quaint and pretty port area is literally on the doorstep.
- We felt our hosts went out of their way to care for and guide us with all of our needs, while staying in their beautiful mansion. Their practicality and creativity and passion for the business shines throughout. We were treated to delicious local pinot & cheese after our arrival and delicious breakfast in the morning. It is a gem and a must for anyone exploring the area.
- Very friendly hosts, delicious breakfast, whacky decor which was a good deal of fun (conservative b and b customers, beware !)
- We have stayed here several times and like the relaxed ambience…
- It is an amazing and very special place: beautifully decorated. The hosts were very kind, friendly and hospitable. Always there in case we needed some tips for visits. they made us feel like at home.
At the guesthouse, each room has a closet, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. Rooms contain a coffee machine, while some rooms contain a kitchen with an oven, a microwave and a toaster. The rooms will provide guests with a fridge.La datcha has a sun terrace.Congress Center is 3.5 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is La Rochelle – Île de Ré Airport, 39 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
The elegant guest rooms at L’Hedoniste have wooden floors and are fitted with antique furniture. Each is equipped with a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.Additional facilities at L’Hedoniste include free Wi-Fi in its common areas and free private parking.L’Hedoniste is situated in the Charente Valley, a 45-minute drive from Royan and a 50-minute drive from Angouleme. Rochefort is 35.4 miles away.
- Hotel bien situé et au calme.Le petit déjeuner servi à votre porte dans un panier, c’est vraiment classe.
- Belles et grandes chambre et salle de bain, donc agréable et plaisant. Bel espace extérieur à l’immeuble, cour et jardin.
Lieu calme, bel environnement et facilement accessible.
Chambres spacieuses et lumineuses
Extérieur très bien entretenu
- L’accueil était très sympathique, les chambres sont très spacieuses et décorées avec raffinement et le petit déjeuner très agréable sur la terrasse.
- Cadre calme très bien tenue reposant accueil excellent
Le Fief des Plantes
Individual terraces offer views of the garden and vineyards from each of the guest rooms. Fief des Plantes features ecological heating. All rooms are equipped with a tea and coffee maker and a private bathroom with hairdryer and a walk-in shower.Breakfast can be taken on the guest house’s outdoor terrace, on the veranda or served directly to guests’ rooms.Le Fief des Plantes is 9.3 miles from Pons, 11.2 miles from Saintes and 45 minutes’ drive from Palmyre Zoo.
- The proprietor was kind and we were well looked after. Our room was of ample size, clean and comfortable, and equipped with a good shower. The rural location is an asset on a clear day – nice views over the countryside. My only reservation is that Le Fief was quite hard to find and it would help if there were a sign at the gate to identify it. The door was quite hard to lock.
- The location was very tranquil,not much going on in the area but that suited us.
- Happy friendly greeting made a big impact, room small but clean. English speaking a huge help. Lovely fruit salad included with breakfast.
- Beautiful room opening onto patio and lawn, surrounded by vineyards. Huge, well decorated shower room. Warm, starry nights. 15 minutes from Cognac Blues Passion. Friendly and helpful owners even supplied us with wine on our late arrival.
- Lovely, large room with own veranda for breakfast. Delicious homemade bread and jams. The host was extremely friendly and speaks perfect English. There is also a very friendly and well behaved dog! This was an excellent stop over for us between Cherbourg and Pyrénées-Orientales in a very quiet and calm location with clear, dark night skies. It is a quick drive to Cognac which has lots of restaurants for dinner. The view from the room was onto farmland and the three yurts that are also rented out. Another reviewer had complained about this view but we found this view to be picturesque and tranquil.
Auberge de Leylandy
The private bathrooms with shower come with free toiletries. Extras include bed linen. Meeting facilities and a shared lounge are offered at the property.Homemade meals are available upon request.La Rochelle – Ile de Re Airport is 36 miles away. The property offers free parking.
- Breakfast in the garden was really nice and refreshing!
- The Chambre de Hote menu was very good value and everything was home made. Breakfast was equally good.
- Breakfast is prefect for those who has a sweet tooth. (Even yogurt was sweetened)
Accueil sympathique, avons pu déposer nos affaires avant l’heure indiquée, avec l’accord préalable de la patronne !!! Avons dîner dans la cour, au calme, repas “local” simple et bon.
Petits déjeuners très copieux et complets, très bons, avec des spécialités de la patronne.
- le calme et l environnement,ville de royan pas loin avec beaucoup de restaurants et magasins plus la super belle plage. auberge tres sympa de meme pour les proprietaires si je retourne dans le coin. sans hesite j y retourne
Top Guest Houses In Rioux Poitou-charentes Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Rioux Poitou-Charentes to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Rioux Poitou-Charentes but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Rioux Poitou-Charentes. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!