10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Rhymney Gwent – Top Hotel Reviews
Rhymney Gwent is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Rhymney Gwent. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rhymney Gwent. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rhymney Gwent. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Rhymney Gwent right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Rhymney Gwent with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Rhymney Gwent:
Tredegar Arms Hotel
Featuring free WiFi, Tredegar Arms Hotel offers accommodations in Merthyr Tydfil, just 21 miles from Cardiff. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is provided.There is a shared lounge at the property.Swansea is 28 miles from Tredegar Arms Hotel, and Newport is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 25 miles from Tredegar Arms Hotel.
It’s good value for money and very good location , you can find a lot of things to do within 20 min drive. All the shops are very near.
In the room we had microwave and fridge, so we had food in the room all the time, but also enjoyed eating outside. Can’t tell much about tea and coffee, because I drink only Lavazza coffee and it’s always with me. Towels been changed every day , but anyway, I had my own towel.
The Lady (hostess) was very nice, very friendly and welcoming
- Nothing it was very out dated and dirty hair in the fridge, mould in the shower, cobwebs everywhere.
- Like having Your own little bed sit, only seeing staff when You required. Quiet room, comfortable bed & sizeable en suite.
- The bed was firm but soft and had a nice bounce. The host made the night. Couldn’t fault the price as it worked out £15.00 a night. The staff really did dress to impress.
- the manager was excellent very helpful, welcoming and friendly. the room was clean and tidy with extras we didn’t expect, a fridge and microwave.
- It’s good value for money and very good location , you can find a lot of things to do within 20 min drive. All the shops are very near.
Located in Ebbw Vale, 19 miles from Cardiff, The Ambala features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Weston-super-Mare is 30 miles from The Ambala, and Newport is 14 miles away. Cardiff Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- The bed was very comfortable and it had lovely period features
- Booked a single room . Arrived there and was given a double room as they were not too busy . Well worthy for the price . Tesco , and all major restaurant within 10 mins drive , although the restaurant in the hotel do food , I believe I saw indian buffet when I walked passed .Just be aware the postcode takes to a bit further off the hotel . But with a little bit of help from the lovely locals makes its so easy
- On arrival staff informed my partner there was no heating, light didn’t work in the corridor leading to the bedroom and also shower was broke
- It was great. Ali was wonderful. Food on site is fantastic. It is undergoing renovations and we had the last room not renovated. I can’t wait to see what the new rooms look like.
- Bed was comfy and ok value for price I paid. Wouldn’t pay full price tho.
Studios At Glenthorne
One of our top picks in Merthyr Tydfil.Studios At Glenthorne is located in Merthyr Tydfil, 21 miles from Cardiff and 26 miles from Swansea.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Newport is 20 miles from Studios At Glenthorne, and Brecon is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 25 miles from the property.
- Lovely clean good sized room. Good shower. Great kitchen
- Everything! the owners were lovely, the property was beautiful and it was the perfect place to stay
- Very clean place, kitchen and bathroom have all facilities needed, very nice landlady – 100% recommended!
- “Can not fault. Perfect stay. Owner Claire very friendly and helpful, went out of her way to make my stay as good as could be. Studio apartment has everything you need. Will stay again! Great location for the beacons and town centre, ample parking. Lovely welsh cakes! ” and Claire even printed my boarding pass which was a great help, the place was flawless.
- Always a warm welcome. Always clean comfortable rooms with self catering facilities – almost a home from home.
James’ Place at Brynawel
James’ Place at Brynawel is located in Merthyr Tydfil, 20 miles from Cardiff and 26 miles from Swansea.All rooms have a flat-screen TV with cable channels. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Newport is 19 miles from James’ Place at Brynawel , and Brecon is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 24 miles from the property.
- Clean room, intriguing house and Angela is a warm and friendly host!
- Spacious and modern space hosted by a friendly and helpful couple. Our stay during the Merthyr Comedy Festival couldn’t be faulted.
- Very welcoming, the welsh cakes were a very nice touch.
- The hosts were welcoming and friendly. The room was lovely, comfortable and spacious with a great view. Definately will be staying here again!
- James and Angela were very welcoming. Our room was spotless and the bed extremely comfortable. Lovely hospitality and would definitely stay again.
Llwyn Onn Guest House
Llwyn Onn Guest House is in an idyllic setting overlooking the Llwyn Onn reservoir in the heart of the Brecon Beacons. Recently awarded with AA and Welsh Tourist Board 4 Stars, complete with 11 bedrooms with private bathrooms.Llwyn Onn Guest House aims to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere for guests. Nestled in the heart of the Brecon Beacons, Llwyn Onn is the perfect location for both business and pleasure stays, with picturesque views and scenic walks to help you escape city life and experience the great outdoors. Come and see for yourself!
- Very clean B&B. Tastefully furnished. Modern bathroom with plenty of hot water. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
- The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of hot water for showers. Breakfast was just right and served by friendly staff. Would certainly recommend and will stay again if in the area.
- The services very good but I wanna dinner and some drinks
- Clean and comfortable rooms. Helpful staff. Good breakfast.
It is not very often that all important areas are delivered, but Llwyn Onn Guest House did.
Clean, comfortable bed, good shower, fresh towels, stunning setting, great location, friendly staff & a great breakfast.
In the heart of the beautiful Brecon Beacons, Penrhadw Farm has spectacular mountain views and offers a range of comfortable accommodationsr.With a superb location just outside the village of Pontsticill, the farm is the ideal base from which to explore the surrounding countryside of the Brecon Beacons National Park. The open farmland surrounding the main building is attached to the park, so you can easily enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the area. The great access to the region’s major road network also makes the farm a convenient base for exploring Mid and South Wales.Penrhadw Farm offers luxury accommodations with breakfast included in the main building, as well as self-catering and accommodations with breakfast included in several separate, well-equipped, detached vacation cottages.
The breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful and friendly
One nearby pub restaurant was excellent whilst the other was poor
- This was a perfect place to stay for our Brecon walking weekend. With 6 ladies, all liking a little bit of their own space and a few creature comforts, Penrhadw farm was brilliant. We had plenty of room in the ‘cottage’ (bigger than my house back home) and the owners were kind enough to put a couple of extra beds in the house if none of us wanted to share a double. It was great having our own sitting room and kitchen table on which to plan our walks and the kitchen facilities and size was brilliant. A nice big porch to put our muddy boots and a superb breakfast on Sunday morning prepared for us was the icing on the cake. There was milk and tea in the kitchen so we could make our own cup of tea and every little request was sorted – what a brilliant stay, thanks very much 🙂 2 very friendly local pubs within walking distance and great base for walks.
- The room was nice and big and clean. The views were amazing and there was nothing you could fault with the room
- Very, very friendly and welcoming staff. Clean and nice property overall. The breakfast was superb. Overall service – excellent!
- Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Room was lovely, staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast was excellent! Couple of minutes walk away from a decent pub and loads of nice walks nearby.
- The breakfast was excellent and staff very helpful and friendly
The Grange Guesthouse, Cefn-Coed
One of our top picks in Merthyr Tydfil.Located in Merthyr Tydfil, 22 miles from Cardiff, The Grange Guesthouse, Cefn-Coed features free WiFi access and free private parking. The guesthouse has a sun terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Swansea is 25 miles from The Grange Guesthouse, Cefn-Coed, and Newport is 21 miles away. Cardiff Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- Very warm and welcoming hosts. We had been hiking all day and were upgraded to a room with a bath to soak our sore muscles! Super comfy beds and breakfast made to order!
- The brilliant couple that run it: so helpful and kind
- Our hosts Nikki and Gethin were exceptionally welcoming despite our very late arrival. The accommodation itself is very quaint and better than we were expecting. They cooked us a lovely breakfast with great coffee and showed us a nice little running route for the morning. Originally this was just a stopover for us before heading on to an event but it became a highlight of the trip. Would definitely recommend.
- From the moment we found the property to the moment we left we felt absolutely satisfied and happy. Thank you Nikki and Gethin for the wonderfull hospitality and recomandations. I know that you’ll be recomending Jol’s to other customers as well, but just to reasure them, it is the getaway to Gastronomical Heaven even though it’s not cheap.
- Everything was all nice.The host were friendly and helpful.great
Ebbw Vale Guest House
Ebbw Vale Guest House is located in Ebbw Vale, just 21 miles from Cardiff.Certain rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A TV is provided.Newport is 16 miles from Ebbw Vale Guest House, and Hereford is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 27 miles from the property.
- The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. The guest house had a very homely feel and it was a pleasant to talk to John – especially about local history and the various pictures scattered around the property of the local area.
- The staff were friendly & offered assistance but weren’t too imposing which was nice.
- NO HOT WATER IN THE ROOM COMPUTER WAS DOWN SO THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW WE HAD BOOKED THE ROOM NOT GOOD ENOUGH REALLY
- Good value for money. Unfortunately I arrived around Emma storm so the experience is not good for the trip. Internet was not working
- The owner was awesome with some good story’s and very chatty, the breakfast is well worth £6 so pre book it and get it in!
Queen Bee & B
Queen Bee & B is located in Merthyr Tydfil, just 20 miles from Cardiff. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries.Swansea is 26 miles from Queen Bee & B, and Newport is 19 miles away. Cardiff Airport is 24 miles from the property.
- Julie and her husband have a lovely home and maintain the B & B to a very high standard. We loved our room with comfy beds with fresh clean linen. The dressing room off the ensuite gives great additional space for make up and dressing. Breakfast was additional cost but was very good.
- Great location, beautifully kept rooms and reception area.
The room was decorated very well. It was clean, warm and well lit.
Upon arriving at the property I found parking very easy
- My bed was so very comfortable, and the facilities and TV so modern and luxurious.
The room was amazing, owners very friendly and breakfast was superb.
Amazing place. Rating should be 10.5😆
Featuring free WiFi, Halfway House offers accommodations in Blackwood. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms include a private bathroom.Cardiff is 11 miles from Halfway House, and Bristol is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 19 miles from Halfway House.
- The welcome, when we arrived the lady was very friendly and helpful. We had a meal and it was very good, prices reasonable.
- No one was there when I arrived, no food, bar was not open, did not see anyone all evening.
- Room was a good size, clean and bed was comfy. Lovely view.
- The bed was really comfortable and the food was really nice the staff are really nice to
- friendly wellcoming staff. very pleasant surroundings
Top Guest Houses In Rhymney Gwent Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Rhymney Gwent to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Rhymney Gwent but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Rhymney Gwent. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!