10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Rhayader Powys – Top Hotel Reviews
Rhayader Powys is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Rhayader Powys. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rhayader Powys. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rhayader Powys. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Rhayader Powys right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Rhayader Powys with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Rhayader Powys:
The Horseshoe Guesthouse
In the historic quarter area, just a 5-minute walk from the River Wye, this 200-year-old Welsh stone building is rich in original character and traditional charm, with wood beams and exposed stonework.In the rural market town of Rhayader, known as the gateway to the Lakeland of Wales, the Horseshoe Guesthouse and Restaurant makes a great base from which to explore the region’s magnificent mountains, valleys, woods and lakes.With original 18th-century timbers and a log fire, the lounges are furnished with deep comfortable chairs. The Horseshoe has been recently refurbished and now combines modern comforts and facilities with this lovely old building’s historic character. The rooms are decorated in a traditional country style and each room has tea/coffee making facilities, modern central heating and a flat-screen TV.The fully licensed restaurant offers superb homemade food, freshly prepared using locally sourced produce. The wine list offers a selection of wines from around the world to complement your meal.
- The cooked breakfast was excellent and the whole place very attractive
Access to a secured shed to house our bikes. Ease of access to the house at any time of day.
A very good breakfast served by the owner.
- Lovely large room with a really comfortable bed. Nice fluffy towels and a great shower, no bath, but that’s not an issue. We had a lot of space in our room. Host was extremely welcoming. A cosy lounge to sit in although we went out to the local pub in the evening. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and was delicious. Host very attentive
- Good location for what was required.Used a couple of times before.Consistant.
Lovely, comfortable B&B, off the main road so very little traffic meaning a quiet stay.
The staff were friendly, helpful and easy going.
Everything was clean and tidy.
The local restaurant has the most amazing menu and cooks the food fresh and to perfection.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Ty Morgan’s offers accommodations in Rhayader. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is equipped with a TV. Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room has a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Aberystwyth is 25 miles from Ty Morgan’s, and Brecon is 25 miles away.
The room was excellent with the bonus of 2 extra beds. A lovely traditional room well decorated and very homely.
Restaurant was god and served lovely food, breakfast was wonderful.
- It was very clean and welcoming the staff are very polite and helpful the food is lovely
- Great place, property with character, friendly and helpful staff, cracking food downstairs (the cooked breakfast is awesome), superb location – great for walking the River Wye and Elan Valley. Got snowed in the for the weekend and was brilliant! Great pubs nearby and a curry house up the road, comfy bed great and will definitely be staying again.
- Close to elan valley .food was excellent ! Great base to visit other locations and very helpful staff and will definitely return .
- Good breakfast available after check out. Comfy bed warm room. Central great location for Élan Valley.
- The room was excellent with the bonus of 2 extra beds. A lovely traditional room well decorated and very homely.
Portland House offers accommodations in Llandrindod Wells. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room.Ludlow is 29 miles from Portland House, and Hereford is 31 miles from the property.
the room was huge and the bed was really comfy
location very central & staff helpful
- Steak was cooked lovely, fries were lovely, staff frienfly
- The room was very spacious and comfortable with a lovely view over the rooftops to the countryside. Ruth, the owner, was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent.
- Room nice and large and very quiet as it was on the third floor. Lovely clean, white, fluffy towels. Staff very welcoming both on arrival and at breakfast.
Ross & Ruth were very friendly and accommodating.
Great location in the centre of town.
- the room was huge and the bed was really comfy
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a playground, Highland Moors offers accommodations in Llandrindod Wells, just 30 miles from Ludlow. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a TV. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play pool at this guesthouse, and bike rental is available. Hereford is 31 miles from Highland Moors, and Brecon is 19 miles from the property.
- Lovely original features throughout the Hotel. Breakfast was worth getting up for.
- Pleasant friendly staff. Lovely big bedroom and excellent breakfast.
- Lovely period house with a good size room and great breakfast
- Lovely place to stay in great location. Host very friendly and welcoming and very accommodating. Will be back again.
- Very friendly , lots parking, arrived late so room was warmed up . Was upgraded to lovely room . Comfortable and great shower. Breakfast delicious
Greylands Guest House
Greylands Guest House is located in Llandrindod Wells, 29 miles from Ludlow and 31 miles from Hereford. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as biking and hiking. Brecon is 20 miles from Greylands Guest House, and Hay-on-Wye is 16 miles from the property.
- Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast choice all served quickly with a smile.
- The owners of this guest house are a pleasant to meet. The guest house is clean, good location and the home made breakfast was brilliant, much better than those served in a chain hotel. The nearby Elan Valley is a must go place in Wales. Will return for sure.
- The owners were very friendly and helpful . The breakfasts were excellent. We had our own off-road parking.
- There was freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh fruit salad for breakfast. The heating also stayed on all night which is something I don’t usually find in guest houses at this price.
- The owners of this B&b really care that you have a pleasant stay and they pay great attention to every detail. The breakfast was excellent!
Guest house Cedars is located just a 2-minute walk from the town center of Builth Wells, boasting views of the Wye Valley. There is free WiFi access available and the property offers free parking.Each room here will provide you with a flat-screen TV with FreeSat and tea/coffee making facilities. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, with shower and complimentary toiletries.Breakfast is served each morning, with continental breakfasts, vegetarian option, cereals, yoghurts and juices.Guest house Cedars is 1 miles from the Royal Welsh Showground, 14 miles from Elan Valley and 26 miles from Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Nice and welcoming, breakfast was very good, and for an evening meal there was plenty of lnns and restaurants all within 10 min walking distance.
- A nice place to stop over on the Wye Valley Way – the warm welcome, local advice and help from Lee and Jo was great
- Very convenient, good parking, excellent breakfast cooked fresh for us, very friendly owner, would definitely stay there again
- The bed was so comfortable , I had to use the extra blanket as I was cold, but then it was perfect, had a really good nights sleep.
- Excellent all round would definitely recommend and return 😀
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Guidfa House offers accommodations in Llandrindod Wells.A flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as an iPod docking station are provided. Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.Ludlow is 27 miles from Guidfa House, and Hereford is 30 miles away.
- Wonderful home made croissants and a very comfortable bed….but Ive already done a positive review of this excellent Guest House and submitted it?
- Very gracious, beautiful house, tastefully furnished, good breakfast and charming hosts.
- The bed!!! I stayed in Room 3 and seriously the best bed I have slept in, in ages, very comfy. I’m a frequent traveler for work and mainly stay in hotel chains. It was lovely to feel like you were being given a premium service. Tony and Ann were the very best of hosts, with lots of amazing personal homemade touches, they really do want you to have an amazing stay. They even gave my other colleague who could not book in recommendation and directions to somewhere else locally that they felt would offer a very good service. Customer service is on point.
Warm welcome, friendly cosey accommodation. Had best nights sleep in ages, such a comfy bed.
Breakfast great local food yummy.
Would definately reccommend.
- lovely victorian home ~ great hosts and food ~ very helpful with ideas for things to do ~ highly recommend
The Old Vicarage Dolfor
Located in Newtown, 29 miles from Shrewsbury, The Old Vicarage Dolfor features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.Ludlow is 27 miles from The Old Vicarage Dolfor, and Llandrindod Wells is 17 miles away.
- Excellent all round. Twin room fabulous. Double room is smaller. But all fine.
- Very pleasant stay – lovely room and breakfast superb
- Lovely property, really pleasant surroundings and beautiful rooms. The couple running it were friendly but not intrusive, making me feel welcome immediately.
Spotless and so comfy, home from home.
The breakfast was outstanding
- Lovely hosts, comfortable beds and tasty breakfast
One of our best sellers in Builth Wells! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Bronwye offers accommodations in Builth Wells.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or river. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. Hereford is 30 miles from Bronwye, and Brecon is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 52 miles from Bronwye.
- Good position for the town; hosts were excellent and the room was spotlessly clean. Nice extra touches like sweeter rather than just sugar in the room. Great breakfast.
- My wife and I arrived on our motorcycles to a very warm and friendly welcome, offering us garaging for the bikes and tea and biscuits which we had sitting in the pretty garden overlooking the park. Our room was nicely decorated, clean, comfortable beds with plenty of toiletries and fluffy soft towels. We were overlooking the park, where there was a pleasant short walk into town and a lovely walk beside the River Wye. Breakfast was excellent with home made yogurts, a delicious selection of fresh fruit and a tasty choice of cooked breakfasts. An excellent base for exploring mid-Wales.
- We enjoyed the friendliness of the owners and the comfort and facilities in the room. The breakfasts were superb. Good parking.
This gorgeous Guest House with friendly hosts exceeded my expectations!
Beautiful central location overlooking the Wye. Home away from home with little touches making it special: thick fluffy towels, tea pot, biscuits, comfortable bed. The breakfast is a delicious feast of local fresh produce.
Can’t wait to stay again!
- The owners were genuinely friendly and helpful, particularly considering they had only bee running this house for 7 months. The breakfast was exceptionally good with a wonderful selection of fresh fruit and home made yoghurt. I will most definitely stay here again when in the area.
Located in Builth Wells, 14 miles from Brecon, Rhedyn Guesthouse features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and DVD player. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this guesthouse and the area is popular for biking and hiking. Abergavenny is 30 miles from Rhedyn Guesthouse, and Llandrindod Wells is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Cardiff Airport, 52 miles from Rhedyn Guesthouse.
- excellent all the way: very friendly and welcoming hosts, awesome location, really nice room and the food – culinary gem
- Room was lovely and warm and had everything we needed. King size bed was extremely comfortable and we had an excellent nights sleep. Great breakfast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Owners were friendly and showed us maps of the Elan Valley which we were going to visit.
- Very accommodating, attention to detail, very clean, great comfortable bed. Wonderful full English breakfast, the best I’ve ever had at a guesthouse/hotel/b&b. Beautiful surroundings, extra heater if it got too cold. Wonderful hosts, very friendly and hoping to stay there again soon.
- Very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Comfy bed, slept really well.. Breakfast was delicious, with a very wide menu. Would highly recommend
- Owners were lovely, breakfast excellent. Room was spotless and very comfortable
Top Guest Houses In Rhayader Powys Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Rhayader Powys to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Rhayader Powys but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Rhayader Powys. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!