10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Puerto López – Top Hotel Reviews
Puerto López is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Puerto López. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Puerto López. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Puerto López. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Puerto López right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Puerto López with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Puerto López:
Casa De Paz
Located in Puerto López, 19 miles from Montañita, Casa De Paz features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains. All rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The guest house also provides bike rental. Manta Airport is 43 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Alcazaba offers accommodations in Puerto López. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Views of the sea, mountains or garden are featured in certain rooms. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. A TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and biking. Montañita is 19 miles from Hostal Alcazaba, and Puerto Cayo is 15 miles from the property. Manta Airport is 43 miles away.
- Very nice family run place. My room was comfortable and I could practice my spanish with the always helpful staff that made me feel at home every moment of my stay. I‘ll come back!
The hostel parents were already waiting for us and received us soooo friendly like two more children. Although we had a reservation for a double room they offered us a much more bigger room to feel more comfortable. “Mama Maria” showed us everything so that we felt like at home.
The breakfast was really good, the view of the roof top was amazing and the kindness of te hostel family was great! Furthermore they helped us with the booking of tours (e.g. Los Frailes beach, Isla de la Plata), there was a possibility to wash your clothes as well as to get fresh towels. We fully recommend Hostal Alcazaba!!!
- First of all, we can’t praise enough the lovely host Maria. Her attention, friendliness and always smiling face made us feel very, very welcome and like at home. She gladly helped us with anything we asked. Room was clean and bathroom was roomy. Breakfast was tasty and filling. Rooftop terrace has got magnificent views over the bay as the hostel is located in a little bit elevated area. There was a special kitchen for guest use which was small, but it had anything and everything we needed to cook a meal. This place is a little bit of walk (or mototaxi) away from the beach, but it’s friendly ambience makes up for it. And the area it’s located feels safe and has a local feel.
- Great staff, hot shower, good breakfast. Really nice rooftop terrace with hammocks. When it got dark Maria came up and burned some palo santo to keep the mozzies at bay. Made sure we had breakfast quickly when we had to leave early for a bus. Also a good fan in the room.
- Nice owners. The room had a place to put your clothes. Wifi was super fast. Quiet spot with view of town. Comfortable bed and bedding. Very clean. They have a kitchen you can use which is good.
Featuring free WiFi, Fragata Hostal offers accommodations in Puerto López, just 19 miles from Montañita.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from Fragata Hostal.
- Location, very central to the jetty, restaurants and bars.
This stay was just awesome.
The room was at it’s cleanest and super comfy!!
It takes you just 2mins to the beach and they are also very helpful if you want to do the whale watching.
The included breakfast is just delicious and the perfect start for your day at puerto lopez.
Thank you very much for making our stay at your hostel that awesome, we would come back for sure!!
PS: for all travelers who carry a lot if food with them, watch out for the ants.
- This place has experienced a lot of improvements in their rooms, including bathrooms. The owners/operators are incredibly helpful and friendly. This hostel is in an optimal location, near both the beach and places to catch intercity/interprovincial buses.
- The owners were very helpful, when our car wouldn’t start they got under the bonnet and sorted it for us. Nice people!
- Excelente. Uy bonito todo, el personal muy atento el lugar muy bonito y cómodo recomendado
Casa de Heidi
One of our best sellers in Puerto López! Casa de Heidi is located in Puerto López, 19 miles from Montañita and 16 miles from Puerto Cayo. Free WiFi is available and private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. A TV with cable channels is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Manta Airport is 43 miles from the property.
- Heidi is a really welcoming host and has a gorgeous place right in the beach. Eating at the fish market directly opposite is a must, or you can buy your own fish at the market and cook yourself in the kitchen. And the terrace is great for drinks. Really comfortable beds!
- This was our second time at Casa Heidi. We really like it… good location on the malacon, view of ocean from deck, parking for car in compound, kitchen area for preparing meals… and Heidi is lovely.
Very friendly host
Steps from the beach and multiple restaurants
- We had a great stay at Casa de Heidi. The central, ocean front location is excellent for accessing all Puerto Lopez has to offer. We loved being able to walk across the street to the fish market to buy fresh catch for dinner. What makes Casa de Heidi special though is Heidi herself. She is a super kind, friendly and knowledgable host who will go out of her way to help you make the most of your stay and the area.
- The location is fantastic, right in front of the beach where in the morning a fish market is held. Great to have breakfast with a fish soup or a slice of warm banana cake! There is a very nice open kitchen and it is possible to cook. Heidi is super friendly, full of useful tips and can organise tours. Overall we had a great stay!
Aventuras Marinas Cielsa
Aventuras Marinas Cielsa offers accommodations in Puerto López.Each room at this guest house is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Montañita is 19 miles from Aventuras Marinas Cielsa, and Puerto Cayo is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from Aventuras Marinas Cielsa.
No reviews yet.
Cabaña La Bokana
Cabaña La Bokana offers accommodations in Puerto López. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.Montañita is 17 miles from Cabaña La Bokana, and Puerto Cayo is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 46 miles from the property.
- The bed was very comfortable, the bath was very clean and the staff was super nice!
- Owners are very helpful and friendly. Comfortable rooms and great value for money. Owners booked my tour to Isla de Plata for me and even sorted me transportation to Pierto Lopez (Hostal is in Salango – about 5 minutes outside Puerto Lopez)
- Very basic accommodations, but in line with the price. The young owners of La Bokana, Guillermo and Patricia were just lovely and so helpful. Guillermo even brought a huge speaker into the courtyard, and found some Gloria Estefan music online because I told him I liked her music! And, while in Salango, don’t miss the history museum, it’s fantastic.
- Guillermo y Patricia son muy buena onda, muy buena atención muy recomendado !!!.
- El lugar super relajado. Tranquilo.. muy bonito la playaa ni que se diga
Located in Puerto López, 19 miles from Montañita, Hostal D’Mary features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from the property.
Puerto Lopez is a very tranquilo town. The staff is so friendly, kind, and welcoming. They made me feel like a part of the family, always making sure I was comfortable and safe. The location is great, it is a short walk to the beach, grocery store, park, and center. The double room has air conditioning, fan, TV, and private bathroom. It was just what I needed after a long chaotic week. Highly recommend! I hope to visit again, soon!
Thank you for everything Hostal D’Mary
- Buen alojamiento, limpio, cómodo, cerca de los lugares turísticos. El lugar es igual que las fotos.
Mary es nua chica tan amable que no lo crees…siempre intenta para ayuar y placer…
me gustó mucho!
- La amabilidad de la propietaria, Doña Mary, es de esos detalles que ya quedan en pocos lugares. Estoy agradecido
- Un accueille professionnel, un bon wifi et un bon rapport qualité prix pour cette pension équatorienne
- Puerto Lopez is a very tranquilo town. The staff is so friendly, kind, and welcoming. They made me feel like a part of the family, always making sure I was comfortable and safe. The location is great, it is a short walk to the beach, grocery store, park, and center. The double room has air conditioning, fan, TV, and private bathroom. It was just what I needed after a long chaotic week. Highly recommend! I hope to visit again, soon!
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Ayampe, 11 miles from Montañita, Los Orishas features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. The guest house has a terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Puerto López is 8 miles from Los Orishas, and Puerto Cayo is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 52 miles from Los Orishas.
- The food in the restaurant is amazing! the best italian food in the town and excellent service! We liked our room, it was comfortable and spacious in the second floor with a nice view of the trees. We loved the cat that visited us everyday in our balcony 🙂
- Italian restaurant was delicious. Bed were clean and had a mosquito net.
- Really great having a quality restaurant right on site!
- Great people! Great location amazing food! Rooms are clean, private bathroom and lovely decorated! The owners are amazing people!
- The place was really nice and laid back. Close to the beach, right next to a nature reserve. There is a cloud forest on other side of the road which is a great track.
Ganso & Búho
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Ganso & Búho offers accommodations in Ayampe. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Montañita is 11 miles from Ganso & Búho, and Puerto López is 8 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 51 miles from Ganso & Búho.
- This is a beautiful house – meticulously contructed are arranged. The hosts were very kind. It is a small quite fishing village – right on the beach. The restaurant Los Corales (right up the street) has the most incredible Shrimp in garlic sauce on the whole coast. A great relaxing place to be.
Franzi & Washington are really very friendly and helpful. The hostel is almost new, the rooms are beautifully designed and decorated with a lot of details. It’s been the cleanest hostel during our stay in Ecuador.
The beach is right in front of the hostel.
- Location is AMAZING. The facilities are modern, very comfortable and beautiful.
- We absolutely loved our stay at Ganso & Bùho. Our room was very clean, comfortable and stylish furnished. The outdoor kitchen contained everything what we needed.The owners live at another place but were always available on mobilephone. They were very helpful and kind, we got all informations and answers even when they were not present. Gloria, always very kind, is the person in attendance there, she helps you with everything, but only speaks spanish. Thanks a lot, we would definitely come back to this wonderful place.
- Excellent location. The property was new and had been tastefully decorated. The owner and the locals were very friendly.
Guest House Machalilla
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Guest House Machalilla offers pet-friendly accommodations in Machalilla. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms.Montañita is 24 miles from Guest House Machalilla, and San Lorenzo is 30 miles from the property. Manta Airport is 38 miles away.
- Carlos the owner is really great and friendly person. He is knowledgable about whole Ecuador and especialy Machalilla area. I recommend this place with fully equipment kitchen, one dog and cat.
Brilliant place to stay & excellent location with self catering facilities also included!
Beautifully decorated and comfortable and the owner is so kind which made our stay so much better!
- A beautiful place, with a view to including all kitchen equipment. Willing to owner, good price. Privacy. The availability of all services in the nárosdního, and beautiful beaches.
- Friendly owner with lots of information about local activities, comfy bed, good shower and bathroom. Water available for guests
- Carlos the host was extremely helpful and kind. Gorgeous location in quiet little beach town, 5 minute walk from entrance to Los Frailes. Beautiful view and nice open air kitchen. Probably going to return for a couple more nights.
Top Guest Houses In Puerto López Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Puerto López to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Puerto López but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Puerto López. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!