10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande – Top Hotel Reviews
Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Praia De Palmas Ilha Grande:
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Located in Praia de Palmas, 14 miles from Angra dos Reis, Cabanas Paraíso features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms feature views of the sea or garden. A TV is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.The area is popular for diving and fishing. Abraão is 1.7 miles from Cabanas e Camping Paraíso, and Itacuruçá is 21 miles from the property.
- A very nicely located hotel, on a small beach surrounded with Atlantic primary forest…
- ONLY saving grace is the private beach, its very pretty and peaceful. That being said, you will be bored very quickly as it is small and the hotel is in a poor location to explore many of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Would only recommend if you’re paying for the top tier beach front cabana, as that looked nice. Or if you are just staying for a single night in the most basic cabana and are not paying a lot I guess it would be tolerable…otherwise stay away.
- Unfortunatley this wasnt the experience we had hoped for … but the beach on hotel grounds is nice, cabanas do feel like in the wilderness a bit. Staff were helpful with any issues we had. If you pay in cash there is a 5% discount.
The beach is amazingly beautiful. I did not grow tired of it in 5 days. We had a deluxe chalet for us and a standard room for the kids. Both rooms were nice and clean, beds comfortable. Bathroom in the deluxe chalet modern, good shower. We did not use the shared bathroom facilities, so I cannot judge them. However other guests let us have a look at the superior room and if you are not on a tight budget, I would recommend booking this room. It has a better location, right on the beach or with sea view, is bigger, bigger bathroom and better isolation and AC.
Breakfast was very good and complete. Although the juice was sort of watery.
I liked that with the different room categories they cater to different budgets, so you get a nicely mixed crowd of backpackers, couples and families.
Staff was super nice, especially Angelica and Junior. Angelica spoke good English and German(!)
- The place located and the excellent atention of the staff
Pousada Toca do Mar
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Pousada Toca do Mar is located in Praia de Palmas, 15 miles from Angra dos Reis and 1.9 miles from Abraão.Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.Itacuruçá is 21 miles from Pousada Toca do Mar, and Mangaratiba is 14 miles from the property.
- This Pousada was amazing! The location is beautiful, the Pousada itself is a dream, and Michael and Carol take it to the next level with super personal service. Don’t be put off by the location away from the main town…praia de palmas is beautiful and very easy to get to by taxi boat after your arrive. There are a few bars/restaurants on the beach with excellent seafood and cold cerveja, and the awesome praia de mendes lopes is a lovely 45 minute hike away. Michael and Carol arranged a seamless transfer for me by boat/car from their dock to the airport in Rio when I had to catch my flight out of the country.
Michael and his Family are amazing hosts.
Providing the best experience for us.
There are restaurants and they accept Debit and Creditcards.
- Owners make you feel right at home. Neat place with a great view. Really close to the beach so you can sit on your hammock and enjoy the view.
- amazing view, really nice staff (couple with small kids) AMAZING VIEW
Unbelievably friendly couple running the pousada,no request was to much for them 🙂
Lucca is already running in the footsteps of his parents )))
Thoughtful idea’s to limit our ecological footprint !
breakfast was very nice and comes with an incredible view
beaches around are just stunning and food is delicious in all restaurants
Thanks for the wonderful stay !!
One of our top picks in Abraão.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Vento Sul offers accommodations in Abraão, just 14 miles from Angra dos Reis.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Itacuruçá is 22 miles from Vento Sul, and Mangaratiba is 15 miles from the property.
- I didn’t understand the current rating of this Pousada. Even we stayed only 2 days, they cleaned the room, changed the towels, etc. breakfast is great and location is perfect!
- Good location near the beach and not far from the village centre, good breakfast and friendly stuff. The room was clean and nice.
The pousada is in a good location – close to the beach and a short walk into town and the ferry pier. It is quiet, but close to everything.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. Perfect fruit, bread (white, brown and rolls), ham, cheese, cereal and two kinds of cake, plus fresh juice, coffee and teas.
The rooms are a good size and have aircon.
- Fine for the price and in a place like Ilha Grande you don’t spend much time in your hotel room.
staff was very kind and helpful, breakfast was ok( didnt expect too much).
close to do beach
One of our best sellers in Ilha Grande! This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Pousada Albatroz is located in Abraão in the region of Ilha Grande, just 13 miles from Angra dos Reis.The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Itacuruçá is 23 miles from Pousada Albatroz, and Mangaratiba is 15 miles from the property.
- A beautiful pousada set in a tropical atmosphere which made waking up in such a treat. The breakfast buffet was more we could have wished for and the rooms were big and clean. The guy at reception was super helpful and friendly and told us about shortcuts for certain hikes around the island. We loved staying here despite the steep hill one has to climb in order to get to get to the pousada.
- The breakfast is great, the breads and the juices were fresh everyday. Some rooms are newly renovated and they are beautiful, the air conditioner was working excellent as well.
A really cute and comfortable pousada. It has a super nice garden which makes you feel like being in the jungle. We had a hammock in front of our room and the room was recently refurbished. The breakfast was great, a lot of variety and great fresh juices. It is a little bit up the hill but I didn’t mind that at all, at least you’re more for yourself away from all the action in Abraão. Of course it’s a bit tiring going up but you get used to it.
Everything was very clean, hot water on the go, comfortable beds. Hosts were super friendly, almost felt like a home.
- The garden ist marvelous and the breakfast tables right inside of it. Feels like beeing directly in the jungle. We felt like beeing part of a hufe family and felt welcome right at the day of our arrival. The staff is super friendly and gave us the best treatment possible
- Pousada was in a quiet area up the hills bit from the beach, very peaceful . Rustic and tropical beauty outside the rooms, the verandas were pretty and relaxing. Breakfast was fresh and nice.
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Colibri Resort is located in Abraão, 13 miles from Angra dos Reis and 22 miles from Itacuruçá. The guesthouse has a sun terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.The rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. Mangaratiba is 15 miles from Colibri Resort, and Mambucaba is 25 miles away.
- Very helpful staff esp the manager who spoke English – helped us with adapter to charge our phone. I loved the breakfast area with the birds chirping and coming to feed and drink and the seats to relax in anc watch the birds. Breakfast was excellent – juices, about 6 different types of fruit, eggs, sliced bread to toast, ham cheese and rolls to make a toasted sandwich and even sausages. Choice of teas also as well as lots of coffee.
- The owner and his staff are very friendly and warm. The breakfast was great, and it’s lovely to sit and watch the birds. Simple rooms and a nice bed.
- From the moment we arrived we felt very at home. The staff make you feel very welcome and give you the freedom to enjoy all the facilities. They gave us great advice about the island. I would recommend to anyone looking for value for money.
- There are really a lot of colibris, there is a billiard table and a lot of table games
- What a lovely place 🙂 would definetly stay in Colibri again. Hotel owner was fab, very friendly and helpful
One of our best sellers in Ilha Grande! This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Pousada Guapuruvu is located in Abraão, just 13 miles from Angra dos Reis.Each room comes with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.Itacuruçá is 23 miles from Pousada Guapuruvu, and Mangaratiba is 15 miles away.
- The hostess was super friendly and the breakfast was excellent
- Breakfast was great. Freshly baked cakes and lost of homemade things
- Our Host Juliana was very very nice and helpfull! We had a perfectly situated room – in the back and with a hammock at the porch. It was so quiet und peacefull there! The breakfast outside was so nice!
– Juliana is the soul of this place: warm, generous and super helpful
– The included buffet breakfast is excellent
– Location is a nice quiet spot well back from the beach with a beautiful garden
– Felicia: the beautiful cat
- The breakfast was delicious and the staff were friendly.
One of our best sellers in Ilha Grande! This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Pousada Cachoeira is located in Abraão in the region of Ilha Grande, just 13 miles from Angra dos Reis.Each room comes with a private bathroom.Itacuruçá is 23 miles from Pousada Cachoeira, and Mangaratiba is 15 miles away.
- Nice location, even if it’s a bit far from the Center. The room was very big and was cleaned every day, something that I haven’t seen too often. Breakfast was great, the best I had until now. The staff is friendly and does a very good job. If I’ll go back to Ilha Grande I will stay again at Posada Cachoeira as I don’t see any reason to try something else, this place is great.
- Beautiful scenery, great breakfast (lots of homemade Brazilian breakfast to try). Staff were very accommodating – willing to work round our time schedule for check out (early breakfast)!
- Stunning setting, clean, great WiFi but only in the common area, comfy beds, fantastic breakfast
- Very nice place. Lovely location and garden. Nice breakfast.
- Location is peaceful. Staff, especially receptionists, are very friendly and helpful. Lovely cats. Excellent breakfast.
One of our best sellers in Ilha Grande! This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Pousada Paloma is located in Abraão, 13 miles from Angra dos Reis and 22 miles from Itacuruçá. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Mangaratiba is 15 miles from Pousada Paloma, and Mambucaba is 25 miles away.
- The bed and room itself we both comfortable and it was very nice to have shutters in such a warm climate, so you can leave the window open when you leave the window open when you’re out.
- The bed was very comfortable and the palm trees in the garden looked very nice. They have nice hammocks.
- very nice staff, very flexible. we had to change dates just before the trip, and they solved our problem easily. very nice atmosphere over there.
- Breakfast was great, staff were all really friendly. Nice building.
The straff was extremely welcoming and helpful. The check-out was delayed without extra cost and our special request of a room with a hammock was accomodated. The restaurant Las Sorrentinas was located in the Pousada and opened at 18.30. This restaurant has the best rating on all of Ilha Grande and is well deserved. The food was amazing. We could pay the restaurant with PayPal because we had no cash.
The room was clean, nice and cozy. It had a small fridge. The breakfast was good and had everything we wanted. The music played in the Pousada was good and at an appropriate volume.
Pousada Mar Azul
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Pousada Mar Azul is located in Abraão, 13 miles from Angra dos Reis and 22 miles from Itacuruçá.Every room at this guesthouse is air conditioned and features a TV. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.Mangaratiba is 15 miles from Pousada Mar Azul, and Mambucaba is 25 miles away.
- Breakfast view, despite the smelly river right next to the place.
- Very very close to the pier (it is an one minute walk), good breakfast in the balcony of the first floor with an amazing view to the bay and great value for money. Also a special word to Renan who is an awesome host!
- Very friendly and helpful staff. Fabulous location for accommodation, breakfast, dinner and organising day trips.
- Great location beside pier. Can hear the waves at night :). The reception guy was very friendly and helpful. He gave us two types of mosquito repellent and lots of other help. Wifi good as our room was beside the communal area. Breakfast good.
- Renan and team were GREAT! We only stayed for 3 nights in pretty much super-low season, so the pousada was pretty quiet, but we were REALLY well looked after. The location is awesome – right in the middle of everything (but not noisy at all) and perfect for eating out, getting to Abraão beach (you’re there already!), doing a bit of food shopping or booking passeios (trips) etc. Renan gave us all the info we needed to get us started with a boat trip and some trails. His English is great too. The breakfast was substantial and tasty, and the wifi was fast! Rooms were really clean – nice sheets and towels etc too. All in all a great few days on Ilha Grande and we were so happy that we stayed in Pousada Mar Azul… Thanks!
Pousada Recreio Da Praia
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Pousada Recreio Da Praia offers accommodations in Abraão.Every room at this guesthouse is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool at the guesthouse. Angra dos Reis is 13 miles from Pousada Recreio Da Praia, and Itacuruçá is 22 miles away.
- Great location, great breakfast, comfortable accomodation, friendly staff.
- Very well located, clean and cozy hostel. One of the best on Ilha Grande.
- Great location, right on beach, staff very friendly, breakfast great, rooms very clean and nice, great shower and aircon. Beds were not bad (two singles joined but were fairly comfy) – cool pool, really fun pool table and table football (no extra cost) free coffee and biscuits every afternoon, staff let us stay and use facilities and showers after we checked out, even provided shampoo and towels! Highly recommend
- Very well located. Spacious room, clean and breakfast included. The front desk staff is very helpful.
- Breakfast with great view, very clean and very good service
Top Guest Houses In Praia De Palmas Ilha Grande Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Praia de Palmas Ilha Grande. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!