10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Portbou Catalonia – Top Hotel Reviews
Portbou Catalonia is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Portbou Catalonia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Portbou Catalonia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Portbou Catalonia. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Portbou Catalonia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Portbou Catalonia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Portbou Catalonia:
Hostal Costa Blava
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hostal Costa Blava is located 350 feet from Portbou Beach. Set between the Mediterranean Sea and Albera Nature Reserve, it offers a terrace and free Wi-Fi, 4 minutes’ drive from the French border.Rooms at the guest house feature Mediterranean-style décor and soft lighting. All include a safe and bathrooms are either shared or private. Other facilities at Hostal Costa Blava include a lounge area.Several bars, restaurants and shops are nearby and Portbou Marina is 5 minutes’ walk away.Tourist information is available. There are various hiking routes nearby, including the Walter Benjamin Banyuls to Portbou route. You can also go surfing and diving at the beach.The Costa Blava is set 4 minutes’ walk from Portbou train Station and 12.4 miles from the Cap de Creus Nature Reserve.
- Very good continental breakfast and hotel location was excellent
- Portbou is a lovely and melancholic place and the hostel is well located. Rooms are not very small and they are cleaned every day. Staff is helpful and caring.
- Location great. Friendly staff. Good value. Loved Portbou.
The staff was very friendly and useful. Excellent location.
The room was clean.
Highly recomended price-service.
Staff very pleasant. Nice terrace to sit on where you could purchase drinks.
Short walk into town.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hostal Juventus offers accommodations in Portbou. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room is equipped with a shared bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Roses is 11 miles from Hostal Juventus, and Cadaqués is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 42 miles from Hostal Juventus.
- The had a beautiful balcony. Restaurant and coffee place on the first floor.
- Good beds. Balcony with tiny view of the sea and beach.
- It is a small town and this is the place. Great atmosphere and super food. Rooms are adequate
- The location and the bathrrom, which is shared but very clean.
- Close to beach, nice balcony with mountain/street view, good wifi, clean shared bathroom, decent shower…kettle!
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hostal Totsompops offers accommodations in Colera, just 10 miles from Roses. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room at this guesthouse is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.Cadaqués is 10 miles from Hostal Totsompops, and Perpignan is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 40 miles from Hostal Totsompops.
- The room was spotless, smelled of fresh laundry, and the staff were kind and easygoing without being overbearing. But what really makes this hotel special is their simply incredible breakfast. As if it was the most normal thing in the world, they produced a huge plate piled with fabulous cheese and ham, a big basket of toasted bread, homemade preserves…possibly one of the best hotel breakfasts we’d ever had.
- Funcky and casual. Great rooms and fabulous breakfast. Staff great. Restaurant closes weekdays at night in winter so will be back to try it. Owner told us of a local bar just a few yards away that served us calamari and chicken and chips aside open fire.
- Staff/owner very welcoming and friendly. hotel is an easy walk from the railway station. Colera is a charming village and an easy train ride from Girona. Good area for walking although the tracks can be quite challenging.
- Everything — but the food really stands out. Really. The place perfectly matches the peaceful atmosphere in Colera.
- fantastic fabulous wonderful place – have been twice…they gave us breakfast (and what a breakfast!!!) when we woke up late at half past eleven!!!!
Habitacions Can Pau
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Habitacions Can Pau offers accommodations in Llança.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Roses is 7 miles from Habitacions Can Pau, and Cadaqués is 8 miles away. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 38 miles from Habitacions Can Pau.
- We enjoyed the stay at hab. Can Pau. Clean and comfortable rooms with a small terrace and 10 min walking from train station. The owners love dogs and our puppy was more than welcome.
- The receptionist was the sweetest old lady I have seen in my life! Bout a 10 minute walk to the beach, plenty of pizza places within 5 minute walk. Also just 10 minutes to the main station.
- The hotel is not so far from the beaches of Llança and its Cami de Ronde.
- muy bien todo. Ducha con potencia, cama cómoda, silencio, a 5 minutos del parking y de la plaza. Y te dejan salir a las 12.00. Y muy amables
- La amabilidad de la dueña. La cama comodísima. Muy limpio. La zona tranquila.
Pensió Restaurant Llança
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Pensió Restaurant Llança is located in Llança, just 7 miles from Roses. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a TV.There is a tour desk at the property.The guesthouse also provides bike rental. Cadaqués is 8 miles from Pensió Restaurant Llança, and Perpignan is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 38 miles from Pensió Restaurant Llança.
Lovely staff – family owned.
Super near the train station.
- Super friendly owners, conveniently located if arriving by train. Affordable restaurant downstairs.
- Good value for price. The rooms are ok, breakfast also ok. Nice helpful staff. Wi-fi working very well. Location at approx. 5 minutes driving to shopping center.
- Comfortable room, furniture a bit old but clean. The staff was nice and helpful. There is a restaurant in the hotel and the food is good and not expensive.
- Well honestly I payed Euros 23 for the night and for that one can’t expect much.
- Lovely staff – family owned.
Hostal Gran Sol
Featuring free WiFi, Hostal Gran Sol offers accommodations in Llança, just 31 miles from Girona. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a TV. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.Roses is 7 miles from Hostal Gran Sol, and Cadaqués is 8 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 37 miles from Hostal Gran Sol.
- Stopped over for 2 nights on our way back home for a rest and to discover LLanca. Hostal gran Sol is cheap and clean which is what we were looking for. You’d need a car since it is a bit out of town.
- The paella is the best I ever had. Secure parking. Comfortable bed.
- Service, cleanliness, meal was like home cooking. What more can you ask for.
- Cheap for this area, and nothing is very far away really. Parking.
- La atención y amabilidad fue excelente. El restaurante como en casa, muy bien calidad -precio.la habitación acogedora y muy limpia. Además podíamos ir con la perra y sin ningún coste.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in the beautiful Cap de Creus Nature Reserve, Hostal Germán is a short walk from Port de la Selva Beach. It offers rooms with a private balcony and sea views.The rooms at the Germán feature tiled floors and simple décor. You can choose between rooms with a private or shared bathroom.The staff at the front desk can provide information about what to see and do in Catalunya’s Alt Empordà region. There are many hiking and cycling routes in the Cap de Creus Park.The guesthouse is a 20-minute drive from Portlligat, where you can find Salvador Dalí’s charming house-museum. Figueres and the French border are around a 35 minute drive away.
- The hostal is more like a basic hotel. There was a nice view over the village rooftops in my room. It was quiet and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Balcony and view superb. Great shower. Daily cleaned rooms and bed linen and towels if needed
- Le balcon Et La vue la situation géographique le calme
- C’était en avril et en semaine, la chambre nous a été donnée dans un hôtel de la même famille plus luxe et pour le même prix.
- pas grand chose . Station balnéaire très touristique . beau site .
One of our top picks in Llança.Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hostal Lara offers accommodations in Llança. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms have a TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.Girona is 31 miles from Hostal Lara, and Roses is 7 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 38 miles from Hostal Lara.
- Everything! Great breakfast and perfect location to explore the old town, the port and the numerous small beaches. The owners allowed us to park our motorbike in their private courtyard. Make sure you give yourself time to visit the most easterly point of Spain, and the town nearby, both are beautiful.
- The staff went out of their way to give our motorcycles a safe place to park.
- The room and the bathroom were really big. The decor was quite dated but everything was clean and the beds were comfortable.
- tout, un peu bruyant. dommage sinon super. Personnel sympa, demi pension OK
- La amabilidad y profesionalidad de los empleados y el desayuno muy bueno
Hostal La Florida
Hostal La Florida is located in Llançà, on the Costa Brava. This property offers smart, air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, a TV and a private bathroom.Set in a charming whitewashed building, the guest house has a garden with tables where you can relax with a drink. There is also a children’s playground and a table tennis table in the garden.The nearest beach is a 15-minute walk from Hostal La Florida. The charming town of Cadaqués, home to Salvador Dalí’s fascinating house-museum, is a 30-minute drive away, and you can drive to the main Dalí Museum in Figueres in just 20 minutes. The French border is also just 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Me and my girlfriend fell in love with this place while traveling up the costa brava. Owners were genuine, accommodating, and made our stay feel like a home away from home. Also had a great breakfast each morning with everything you need to start your day. Nothing bad to say about this place, highly recommended for the value, location, and great staff!
Huge plus for us was parking spot.
Staff was really nice and so helpful!
- The friendly and helpful staff. The facilities were quite clean and comfortable. Great for the value.
- Everything was perfect. Super clean. The breakfest is absolutely enough and delicious. The room on the roof is superb. Owners are wonderful – nice, helpful and friendly. The own parking with enough place. The best restaurant near the hotel is “Pati Blanc” – 1 minute to go, like to a lot of supermarkets, shops and the center. To the nearest beach “La Farella” 10 minutes to go along the street where the police dep-t. I’ll miss ;”-)
Alles ist überaus gepflegt und sauber in diesem familiengeführten Hotel.
Das Hotel ist seit 70 Jahren in der Familie. Hier funktioniert alles perfekt und auf einander abgestimmt. Uns gefiel das Haus und das Ambiente sehr. Das Ehepaar (Besitzer), sind stets präsent und bemüht. Die erwachsene Tochter ist auch häufig zugegen und spricht gut englisch. Die ganze Familie ist sehr freundlich.
Die Zimmer sind nicht überaus groß, aber groß genug. Wir haben sehr gut geschlafen.
Das Frühstück ist gut.
Zentral gelegen in einem schönen Ort, und nah am Meer
One of our best sellers in Roses! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Hostal Rom offers accommodations in Roses. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Car rental is available at this guesthouse and the area is popular for hiking. Girona is 26 miles from Hostal Rom, and Cadaqués is 5 miles away. The nearest airport is Girona-Costa Brava Airport, 33 miles from the property.
- simple, clean room, good value for the money, very friendly staff, great location, good breakfast
- Very clean rooms. Nice family business. Well located near beach, shops, bars and restaurants. We were also very lucky with the weather.
- Very basic rooms. I had to book two rooms for a party of 4.
Super friendly and helpful staff….let us park the car in their compound.
Bit tricky to navigate to thanks to a not so helpful sat nav. Very close to the beach.
Room was clean and large with a small balcony. Free use of safe and wifi.
AMAZING buffet meal including wine in the evening. The ratatouille was the best I have ever had and the staff were very attentive/helpful plus they all spoke English. There were even chips to keep the kids happy!
Breakfast was simple but perfect for families…lots of pastries, cereals and even chocolate milkshake!
Didn’t have to check out till 12 so plenty of time to visit the citadel in the morning.
Loved the decor too…..retro chic!
- Simple but good breakfast, friendly staff, parking near hotel.
Top Guest Houses In Portbou Catalonia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Portbou Catalonia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Portbou Catalonia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Portbou Catalonia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!