10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Ontaneda Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Ontaneda Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Ontaneda Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Ontaneda Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Ontaneda Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Ontaneda Cantabria:
Hotel Posada del Pas
The charming Posada del Pas is a colonial-style house with palm trees, gardens, a swimming pool and tennis court. It is surrounded by green hills and offers spectacular views.The Posada del Pas is in the Pas Valley, in the Cantabrian town of San Vicente de Toranzo. Santander is around 19 miles away.Guests enjoy free outdoor and garage parking at the Posada. There is a bar and a restaurant, serving international meals.All of the rooms at the Posada del Pas are heated. They feature cable TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.
- This was a Nice and good Place. Thank you for it all, Ellie & John
- Wonderful family atmosphere. Very good value for money.
- Staff were lovely, welcoming, friendly & obliging. The location & scenery were stunning. Dogs made very welcome, would stay again as only 45 minutes from ferry. Did us a late snack which was very reasonable. Great wine.
- Location. Reason for stay was to run in the mountains
- This hotel is about an hour from Santander port so we chose it for convenience
Posada La Braniza
Featuring free WiFi, Posada la Braniza is located in Vega de Pas. This guest house offers free breakfast, a restaurant and bar on site, barbecue facilities and a shared terrace.Each heated room at this guest house has 1 double or 2 single beds, a flat-screen TV, and closet. The private bathroom comes with a spa bath or shower. All rooms have access to a balcony.There is a shared lounge at this property where guests can relax, as well as a garden. An array of activities can be arranged on site or in the surroundings, including hiking.The Pas River is 650 feet from Posada La Braniza, and Collados del Ason Nature Reserve can be reached in 5 minutes by car.
Lovely property, huge bed, all facilities we needed. Very quiet, great location for touring the area. Lots of eating choice in the village. Breakfast was very good and served by a cheerful and helpful lady.
Extremely good value for money
Lovely house, and somewhere to eat not far away (tapas).
In small rustic village with amenities, shop, 2 bars, bakery etc.
- Everything. Charming rural village in beautiful mountain countryside.
- Very friendly, welcoming family and comfortable stay.
- Excellent cozy rural hotel – small, quiet and friendly, with great views, beautiful rooms and nice hosts. Good breakfast, caring personnel (I guess it is managed by a family). If you like hiking – great tracks start from Pandillo, just 5 km away.
- Lovely property, huge bed, all facilities we needed. Very quiet, great location for touring the area. Lots of eating choice in the village. Breakfast was very good and served by a cheerful and helpful lady.
Posada El Arrabal
Offering both rooms and apartments, Posada El Arrabal is a traditional stone house located in Arenas de Iguña. All the air-conditioned accommodations at this cozy guest house features free Wi-Fi.Each bright room has colorful rustic or modern décor, a private balcony and a TV. The private bathroom includes a bath tub or shower. The apartments also offer a living room with a sofa bed and a kitchenette with an oven, ceramic hob and kitchenware.The guest house has a spacious air-conditioned lounge with a fireplace and sofas, as well as a dining room on the ground floor.Trains to Santander leave from Arenas de Igunya Train Station, 500 feet from the property. You can reach the charming village of Santillana del Mar in 30 minutes by car from Posada El Arrabal. Santander is 31 mi away.
- Cleanliness. Well equipped kitchen. Comfy beds. Very friendly owner. Great bars to eat in nearby.
The owner is one of the most enthusiastic hosts I have ever met – but I couldn’t understand any Spanish. He then arranged for a friend to come and interpret for us so that we could get settled in. The room was absolutely fantastic and was fitted out to a very high standard. It was warm, comfortable and welcoming – just what was required on a cold, snowy January evening.
The hotel does not have any facilities for evening meals though there is a bar next door (with average quality food) and another restaurant (not visited) elsewhere in the village. There is, however, a very welcoming lounge with (on the evening) a roaring fire and English TV should it be required.
Breakfast was truly continental – coffee, toast, juice and spreads.
A word of warning to those (like me) that do not read all of the booking information. Take cash – the hotel (like the bar next door) does not accept credit cards. There are a few ATMs in the village (thankfully).
- After leaving the Ferry port in Santander, this accommodation was the ideal distance for our onward travel through Spain. Beautifully decorated rooms, cosy lounge with open fire. Breakfast was served in a pleasant room on china crockery. Staff were extremely friendly. Nearby bars and restaurants.
- The hotel is nicely located in the village and the village is just off the motorway and easy to find. Although parking is not a feature of the hotel, cars can be parked in a safe area near the town hall (and visible from the hotel).
- Nice and clean, modern facilities in a traditional building. Nice breakfast. Parking lot across the street by the city hall had plenty of parking. Also, a nice bar next door.
Posada La Anjana
Featuring rooms with views of the hills or the Pas River, Posada La Anjana is 0.6 mi from Puente Viesgo’s caves. Surrounded by lush gardens, it offers easy access to the Vía Verde del Pas cycling route.Posada La Anjana’s individually decorated rooms have a balcony and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom includes free toiletries.Traditional Cantabrian cuisine is served in the Anjana’s rustic restaurant, which offers views of the surrounding countryside. The guest house also has a café and a library, and free Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor.The Puente Viesgo Springs are nearby, and discounts are available for entry and treatments. There are also discounts for the Cabárceno Nature Reserve. La Anjana also offers bicycle rental.The beaches of the Cantabrian Sea can be reached in 35 minutes by car. The ferry terminal in Santander is 22 mi away.
- Lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Lovely walk along the river and fascinating Neanderthal caves to visit. A special place.
This is a great location if you are coming off a late ferry to Santander. I have stayed here twice travelling by car and the motorbike. Why? Because the route from here to Burgos is a scenic journey if the weather is good.
The Hotel is clean. Well positioned. Good parking for bikes. Breakfast is typically Spanish and good. However overall it’s pricey for what you get. Nonetheless I would stay again for the convenience and the scenic ride (weather permitting)
- Within easy access of Santander and very easy to find (sat nav took us to the door). This early in the year, the two couples traveling together we’re the only guests. But this did not matter. Rooms were warm, food was excellent, views were stunning and there were areas nearby to walk the dog.
- Lovely situation, friendly, helpful staff, good WiFi. Easy access to the town. Ten minute drive to El Castillo cave paintings.
- Excellent location, wonderful views and friendly and accommodating staff
Posada Rincón del Pas
Just a few feet from the River Pas, Posada Rincon del Pas has a peaceful setting next to Puente Viesgo’s famous spa. This charming country house offers individually decorated rooms and a restaurant.Each attractive room at Posada Rincon del Pas has a balcony overlooking its gardens. All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and orthopedic mattresses.Guests can enjoy a homemade breakfast in the Rincon del Pas’ restaurant, which offers Spanish cuisine for lunch and dinner.The surrounding Cantabrian countryside is ideal for hiking, and guests receive discounts on entry to Cabárceno Natural Park, the Fuente Dé Cable Car and the Maritime Museum. The hotel is on a Vía Verde cycling route.
This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
I took a bus to Puente Viesgo from Santander. It’s then a 2-block walk across the river to the hotel. An excellent breakfast was provided as well as a very good glass of wine in the garden.
- The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean
- Me gustó el enclave del lugar y la decoración. El desayuno fue variado y suculento.
El trato recibido es buenísimo,te ayudan en todo lo que necesites. abundantes desayunos,ademas se come y cena genial,el pueblo tiene mas restaurantes pero nada que envidiar a la posada.limpieza impecable y buena ubicación para recorrer toda la zona de los valles y la costa,a 5 min de la A8.
Nuestra mascota ha estado como en casa,ni una sola pega hacia ella,todo lo contrario,la recibieron como una más.
Tuve un problema con la reserva a través de Booking.com y me lo solucionaron sin pega alguna.
Si nos cuadra,REPETIREMOS SEGURO
- El hotel está muy bue. Pasamos dos días fantásticos com nuestra perrina por la zona y aquí estuvimos como en casa. Limpio, cómodo y los dueños muy amables.
- This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
Posada Casa de don Guzman
Featuring a garden, Posada Casa de don Guzman is located in Vega de Pas. Cafeterias and restaurants are 100 feet away. The river Pas is 1,000 feet away. Free Wi-Fi access is available.Including wooden parquet floors and modern design, each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Featuring a bath or shower, private bathrooms also come with towels and linen.The masonry stone-built house offers continental breakfast every morning.Posada Casa de don Guzman is 16 mi from the cave of Puente Viesgo. Bilbao Airport is 43 mi away. The property offers free parking.
Great boutique style hotel
Excellent tavern down the hill for a meal
- The way this place is set up is quite unique. Antigues in perfect harmony with quite modern items. Bathroom very very modern. Javier’s English is pretty good. He and his brother are nice hosts. Oldest brother runs a nearby restaurant. Vega de Pas is a good central location for day trips.
- A beautiful hotel which was very easy to find. The standard of the rooms is fantastic and each room has its own unique style. There is plenty of walking, should you wish to do so, or sit an relax in the few bars around the town.
- Lovely hotel in very peaceful town. The hotel is full of all sorts of memorabilia so rather unusual compared to the trend of everything being pared down to the minimum. The rooms are large and well furnished with lovely modern bathrooms. Breakfast is included – it’s simple but adequate. One of the owners speaks great English, the other not much but they are both lovely kind guys who made us feel very welcome. We came to the town to go canyoning (booked through Paddle in Spain) which was really fun if you are looking for a bit of adventure.
- like most places in Europe breakfast is basic, the tea is poor, coffee VG
- Great boutique style hotel
Pensión la Campanilla
Offering rustic apartments and rooms, Pensión la Campanilla has a picturesque setting in the Pisueña Valley, in La Penilla. Dating from 1940, this traditional mountain house has a terrace.Accommodations at Pensión la Campanilla features a simple décor and some apartments have beamed ceilings. There is free Wi-Fi, heating and a private bathroom. Apartments have a seating area and a kitchenette.The property is set in the center of La Penilla and the surrounding valley is ideal for hiking. There is a sports center and a football stadium 1.2 mi away, and the nearest golf club is 9.3 mi from the Campanilla.Santander and the Cantabrian coastline can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Bilbao is less than 62 mi away.
- The owner and his daughter stayed open for us until 12.30pm as the ferry was delayed. Not a problem. Very friendly and co-operative.
- Breakfast was not available Breakfast would have been good
- Es un buen sitio para moverse por Cantabria. Recomendable Liérganes y Cabárceno, pero todo Cantabria en general. Hay un bar en frente que está muy bien, El Cruce, encantados con el dueño.
- La habitación estaba muy bien, amplia y limpia. Y el dueño muy atento y amable.
Está cerca de Santander, a un tiro de piedra de Cabárceno y a unos 40 minutos de las cuevas de “El soplao”, lo cual, si vas con niños va perfecto porque son los destinos más habituales. El apartamento está perfectamente equipado, el trato es perfecto y el pueblecito es pequeño pero tiene de todo, además está a 2km de Sarón donde hay más comercios y restaurantes como “La Alquitara” donde se come bien y bueno, ideal para ir en familia. Pedro, el dueño, te puede sacar las entradas a Cabárceno con un pequeño descuento.
Hemos estado 5 noches super agusto.
Offering free WiFi, El Centro is located in Vargas. Providing a restaurant, the property also features a bar.Santander is 12 miles from the guesthouse, while Santillana del Mar is 9 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 10 miles away.
- Above all I appreciated the friendly welcome of my host, despite the late hour of my arrival. The pension is situated in beautiful surroundings and is an excellent choice for anyone using the ferries to and from Santander. My boat was 5 hours late arriving in Santander and the fact that the journey to my lodgings was less than 30 minutes made a big difference. The accommodation is more than adequate in terms of facilities and rates very highly for cleanliness and value for money. I shall certainly go there again.
- Location was perfect for us and good value for money. Microwave available in foyer area with tables and chairs. Supermarket, Tavern and Pharmacy across the road.
- The owner was very helpfull and spoke good english.The place was very clean. with very comfy bed & pillows. It was a 2 minute drive to the caves we went to vist.
- Very close to Santander and motorway if you need it, friendly staff with suggestions where to go and what to visit – used that knowlidge and had a perfect day riding motorbike through the mountains
- Booked late as ferry was two hours late. Hotel phoned me to confirm rooms, very good place. Clean and comfy at very cheap price. Well recommended.
Posada la Vieja Escuela
Located in the village of San Roque de Riomiera, Posada la Vieja Escuela offers rooms with views of the surrounding Valles Pasiegos. It features a seasonal restaurant, bar and terrace.Each bright room at Posada la Vieja Escuela has a seating area with a sofa bed, flat-screen TV and views of the surrounding valley. There is also a private bathroom and free Wi-Fi.Guests can enjoy American and continental options for breakfast. Spanish mountain-style cuisine is offered for dinner. There is also a communal lounge area.The Vieja Escuela is set on the Cabañas Pasiegas Walking Route and is a 40-minute drive from Cabárceno Park. Liérganes is 12 mi from the property while Santander and the nearest beaches are within 19 mi of Posada la Vieja Escuela.
we enjoyed our stay and will defo return thanks Miguel.
fantastic setting x
- Las vistas son de ensueño. Ideal para desconectar. Una posada con todo el encanto rural del mundo!! Los propietarios super amables, nos explicaron rutas de senderismo para hacer por la zona: Muy recomendable la Ruta de las Cabañas Pasiegas.
- La Posada está en un sitio espectacular, las vistas impresionantes. Al lado hay un restaurante donde también se come muy bien. Sólo a está a 3km del pueblo, por lo que puedes hasta bajar andando dando un paseo. Nuestra habitación estaba muy bien. La cama era realmente cómoda. Por la zona hay varias rutas que se pueden hacer a pie, de diferente dificultad. El personal se portó estupendamente con nosotros, tanto por las indicaciones como ayudándonos.
- el trato y asesoramiento que te dan es excepcional.
- Paisaje idílico, tranquilo con buena ubicación para ver pueblos de interés turísticos. La gente que lo lleva cercana muy amable hacen que la estancia allí sea inmejorable. Las habitaciones muy cómodas y limpias. Ideal para ir con niños y en pareja. Volveremos sin dudar.
- we enjoyed our stay and will defo return thanks Miguel.
Hostal Mirones 634
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Mirones 634 offers accommodations in Pomaluengo, 12 mi from Santander. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Cabarceno Park is 4.3 mi away.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is featured.Santillana del Mar is 11 mi from Mirones 634, while Suances is 9.9 mi away. Santander Airport is 9.9 mi from the property.
- The evening meal – really inventive chef. Served with flare. Heavenly degustation menu – like a tasting menu at a swanky restaurant!!
Lo que más me ha gustado es la amabilidad de los dueños siempre dispuestos a ayudar en lo que necesitemos, lo bien situado que estaba, cercano de muchos puntos típicos de visita y la exquisita comida.
Si algún día volvemos , sin duda ese será nuestro alojamiento.
El trato del personal es excelente
Todo cuidado al detalle
La habitación todo correcto, el personal muy amable y la comida del restaurante riquísima.
- la tranquilidad del sitio es maravillosa. El personal super amable y dispuesto a ayudarte.
Top Guest Houses In Ontaneda Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Ontaneda Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!