10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Oix Catalonia – Top Hotel Reviews
Oix Catalonia is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Oix Catalonia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Oix Catalonia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Oix Catalonia. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Oix Catalonia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Oix Catalonia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Oix Catalonia:
Hostal de la Rovira
Hostal de la Rovira is a mountain guest house set in a restored house from 1500, in the heart of l’Alta Garrotxa region. It offers a lounge with fireplace and a restaurant.Set in a natural setting, all rooms at Hostal de la Rovira have views of the grounds and the mountains. They have air conditioning and heating, a TV and a bathroom. Room service can be requested.The restaurant serves seasonal cuisine and Catalan specialties, including grilled meats and local dishes. A set menu is available.Other communal areas include a bar and a reading lounge with board games, where free Wi-Fi is available.Hostal de la Rovira is located in the town of Oix, 12 mi from Olot. Girona is 1 hour by car.
The property is nice and the village seemed quiet on the paper…
The breakfast was ok but a bit poor.
The staff was bit unorganised, a lot of table uncleaned during breakfast, it feels like they were running all the time but not in an efficient way.
- Good breakfast, free pool table, cheap beers for the evening, very relaxed setting
- La casa és molt maca. Indret tranquil en plena natura. Pots fer rutes (llargues) des de la casa. Molt net.
La ubicacion excelente y el trato de Susi y Nico muy cordial y familiar
- La ubicación es perfecta, con unas vistas inmejorables, con gran tranquilidad y posibilidades de realizar excursiones a pie por la montaña. También está cerca de otras poblaciones como Sant Joan de les Fonts, Castellfolit de la Roca i Besalú. La atención por parte del personal es muy buena. El desayuno y la cena estuvieron muy bien, los croisants son muy crujientes. La relación calidad precio es muy buena.
- The property is nice and the village seemed quiet on the paper…
Offering a picturesque setting and fantastic views of Castellfollit cliff, this charming guest house is located between Castellfollit de la Roca and Montagut, at the entrance of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Nature Reserve.Hostal Mont-Rock features air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some of the units have a balcony.The restaurants at this guest house specializes in traditional and regional dishes of the area.Olot and the medieval town of Besalú are less than 10 minutes’ drive of the guest house.
- Everything was fine for an overnight stay. Good location, perfect breakfast.
Room and bathroom were very nice, spacious and clean. Place has its own parking,that makes it perfect if you travel by car.
Restaurant and the selection of food is very good.
- Great location for the village even if a bit on the road. Staff very friendly and food and wine inexpensive
- We arrived one day to early and it was a holiday so when the owner turned up they let us in to stay so very accommodating and friendly even tho language barrier. Very friendly staff and very clean premises. Excellent vantage point to many tourist attractions and historic places. Food good too.
- Clean, renovated room. View out the window was pretty spectacular though it was across the street and it was certainly affordable.
Fonda Ca La Paula
Set in the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone, this guest house is located in Castellfollit de la Roca. It offers a restaurant serving traditional Catalan dishes of the area and free Wi-Fi throughout.Each air-conditioned room at Fonda Ca la Paula has a TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The restaurant offers set menus and there is also a bar where guests can relax.Olot and the beautiful town of Besalú are 10 minutes’ drive from the guest house.
- We loved this place and plan to return for a longer stay. The proprietor was lovely – very friendly and helpful. Our room was at the back, overlooking the tree-clad mountain. Very tranquil and restful, with a comfortable bed and a good shower. We ate dinner in the hotel’s restaurant – really good, value for money, tasty Catalan food, served by pleasant and friendly young waiters. Breakfast was also very good. Private parking at the back of the hotel. Castellfollitt is an absolutely amazing place, a medieval town perched on top of a rock, surrounded by gorges….stunning views, and interesting strolls through the old streets.
- We were given a triple size room for the cost of a double. 3 course evening meal plus a bottle of wine only 12 euros per person – excellent value for money.
- Silent place to sleep. Friendly service and very affordable dinner.
- Staff’s communication skills are excellent; the hostess was very kind to provide us with an extra radiator for drying our soaking clothes after being caught in a torrential shower climbing up to this wonder village. The bar/restaurant on the premise is lively and popular amongst locals themselves. The menu has a reasonable choice of food that is presented well, tastes good and is priced fairly. Breakfast is not offered with the room booking as such but the typical Spanish bar on site can cater for many tastes, at extra cost. Overall the atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant and would not hesitate to recommend or return in the near future.
- Proper spanish hotel serving Spanish food. In the centre of interesting village. Very decent menu del dia served in evening
Pensió L’Estada is set in the Garrotxa Volcanic Nature Reserve, 3.1 mi from Olot. It offers free Wi-Fi and guests have free access in summer to the municipal pool, 2 minutes’ walk away.Rooms at the family-run Pensió L’Estada are heated and air conditioned. Located on the first floor, they come with a desk, TV and wardrobe. There is a private bathroom with a bath tub or shower.Guests can have breakfast in the owners’ bar, located downstairs. There are restaurants nearby.In the village of San Joan les Fonts you can visit Juvinyà Castle and various walking routes. The beautiful Medieval town of Besalú is 11 mi away. The guest house has a tour desk and offers easy access to the A26 Motorway.
- We really enjoyed our time in this place. The owners are super friendly and the room was very clean. We will definitely come back!
Friendly staff, efficient check-in and check out. Clean, simple but comfortable. Bathroom fine. Free parking outside. there is a bar downstairs if you want coffee and breakfast – closed at night. Town is very, very quiet. For dinner go to Olot (10 min drive). Trip advisor says there are 2 simple but good places for lunch.
Perfect as a stopover or a base for exploring if you just want a bed. Excellent value.
- Easy to find in a small town. Good for an overnight stay passing through.
- plus: very nice owner … and easy going ; no problem with my dog !!!! ; comfy bed and every day clean towels; in general very clean ; downstairs great for a super-morning-wake-up coffee and breakfast
- Very clean and comfortable room with a twin size bed
Hostal Sant Bernat
This guest house has a beautiful location at the foot of the Montsacopa Volcano. Set on a hill, Hostal Sant Bernat offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.The Sant Bernat is located in a green area in the center of Olot, in the Garrotxa Natural Park. The main square is a short walk away.Services at the Sant Bernat include free Wi-Fi in public areas. There is also an excellent tour desk.Bicycles can be rented at reception, ideal to explore the countryside. The area is famous for cycling, hiking and horse-riding.The Sant Bernat offers simple rooms with full air conditioning, heating and private bathroom. The hotel also has a traditional restaurant.
Good service – we received nice ‘pic-nic’ instead of breakfast.
- Welcoming, helpful staff. Nice clean room with lovely views. Comfy bed and amazing breakfast.
- Good value breakfast. Close to the old town centre and nearest volcanic cone to town.
- very good hostel in the nice, historical town with best breakfast in Spain ! Highly recommended ! Additionally they show us a local restaurant with extremely tasty and cheap food (full dinner for 4 persons with wine: 30 EUR !) Muchas gracias !
- Super friendly and helpful staff.Rooms appear to have recently been renovated.Housekeeping service was good,also modest breakfast for a reasonable price.
- Good service – we received nice ‘pic-nic’ instead of breakfast.
Hostal El Forn
Hostal El Forn offers rooms with views of the surrounding countryside. The rustic-style restaurant serves traditional Catalan food and offers views over the River Trull. It is 25 mi from Ripoll.All rooms at El Forn guest house feature tiled floors and central heating. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV and desk. The private bathroom with bath tub includes a hairdryer and toiletries.Guests can enjoy characteristic Catalan dishes at El Forn Restaurant. Specialties include escalivada, rabbit with figs and pigs’ trotters with chestnuts.The Garrotxa Volcanic Nature Reserve is about 30 minutes’ drive from the guest house. Girona Airport is 68 mi away and the border of France can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.
- Friendly family run hostel in mountain village with excellent breakfast which sustained us through a hard stage of walking GR11
Everything, it is such a beautiful location, the food is amazing and the atmosphere is just magic!
Everyone should visit this place at least once in a lifetime!
- Nice accommodations and stunning location. Food was also very good. Our host were very accomodating and friendly.
- Excellent small family-run hotel, I have stayed there many times. Good food, friendly staff, nice rooms. Village is tiny but charming, excellent base for hiking or stopover on GR11 walking trail, or for getting away from “civilization” for a few days.
- Lugar de naturaleza pura apartado de todo ruido. Precioso paisaje en pueblo idílico de unos 20 habitantes.
Habitacions Aurora is set in Sant Pau de Seguries, in the heart of Vall de Camprodon Valley, in the Catalan Pyrenees. It features 11 heated rooms with flat-screen TVs.The guest house offers double, triple and quadruple rooms with a private bathroom with bath. Some of the rooms have a balcony or terrace with a nice view of the surrounding mountains.The restaurant inside the property serves traditional Catalan dishes and also features a shop with traditional products such as cured meat.Habitacions Aurora is 12 mi from the Garrotxa National Park and an 8-minute drive from Camprodon.Staff at the reception can provide more information about all the activities of the area. The Vallter2000 ski resort is 16 mi away.Free public parking is available nearby. Girona airport is an hour’s drive away.
- The host was excellent; very polite and eager to make our stay very comfortable. She provided us with an extra radiator for drying our damp walking boots. The room was exceptionally clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast is not offered with the room booking but at extra cost in the hotel’s bar that is popular amongst locals. The property is located within easy walking distance of the village centre where you can find a mini supermarket, a bakery and a restaurant that does not serve dinner before 8pm.
- En genral todo muy bien, ideal para visitar camprodom y la comarca con la familia.
Todo. Cómodo y que las habitaciones tuvieran persianas es un plus importante.
Muchas gracias por todo.
La atención buenísima, aparcas sin problemas
Muy cerca de Caprodom
- El desayuno! !! Y la simpatía y amabilidad de Aurora. Es como estar en casa.
Hostal La Vila
This guest house is located in Olot’s Plaza Mayor Square in the Old Town. It offers air-conditioned rooms with a TV and free WiFi.Hostal La Vila has a restaurant and offers breakfast, lunch, dinner.The town of Olot is surrounded by the Garrotxa Volcanic Park, which is popular for hiking and cycling. You will find Montsacopa Volcano 15 minutes’ walk away.The property offers bicycle storage space.
- We stayed while the Olot Festes Del Tura was happening which was an awesome experience being from another country.
- Everything is exactly as it is in the description. A decent place for budget travelers. It is in the very center of Olot, just next to the main square. The streets around it are pedestrian, so it is rather quiet.
- Great location and price. There is free parking a nine minute walk away, on the other side of the river from the bus station.
- Really a good value. Staff is very helpful. Location is very convenient, close to bus station, market and tourist information.
- a fair deal considering the price, the location was good for the goals we had to visit places
Hostal El Quintà
Located next to Costabona, one of Ripollès’s highest mountains, Hostal el Quintà offers simple, spacious rooms with a private bathroom. Next to the Ritort River, it is just 10 minutes’ drive from Camprodon.The surrounding area is very popular with hikers and climbers. The Vallter 2000 ski station is just 30 minutes away. The town of Espinavell is just 5 minutes’ drive away, and Molló Animal Park is nearby.All of the rooms in Hostal el Quintà have a TV and heating. Many of the rooms have valley or mountain views.The property’s restaurant, Les Planes, offers classic mountain dishes, including lamb, veal, boar and hare, as well as locally growing mushrooms. There is also a bar.
We feeled as at home
The owner cooked by herself and the dinner was very good
The sound of the river next to the hotel was very appreciated
- Beautiful location even though it was not perfect weather when we arrived. Staff welcoming and very helpful. Incredible value for money. Comfortable room, 3 course lunch with wine, 3 course evening meal with wine and then breakfast. 135 Euros a couple. Very pretty tiny village up the hill from hostal and then superb walk in the hills beyond this. Wish we could have stayed longer.
La comida es casera y está espectacular
El personal muy amable y servicial
Tranquilidad y calma
- La atencion constante del personal,pendientes de que estubieras agusto y bien servido.
- La atencion de personal siempre pendientes de que no te faltara nada para comer.
- We feeled as at home
Located in the center of Sant Pau de Segúries, this simple guest house is set in the heart of the Vall de Camprodon Valley in the Catalan Pyranees. It offers free Wi-Fi and a terrace with mountain views.The cozy, heated rooms at Can Baral·la include a private balcony with scenic views of the valley. They feature flat-screen TV, a desk and a private bathroom.Breakfast is served daily and Can Baral·la’s restaurant offers à la carte dishes and set menus featuring traditional, regional cuisine. There are also a few bars and restaurants within a 2-minute walk.Can Baral·la is well located for outdoor pursuits, with nearby hiking routes and the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Nature Reserve, just a 20-minute drive away. The Vallter 2000 Ski Resort is 14 mi away.Sant Pau de Segúries Bus Station is just 150 feet from Can Baral·la. Girona Airport can be reached by car in 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Lovely bath. Nice local Spanish vibe in bar below.
- La situació de l’establiment, proper a molts punts d’interès de la comarca, l’atenció del personal i el preu ajustat.
Estuvimos el año anterior, parece que ahora los propietarios lo han arrendado y el trato no tiene nada que ver.
Lo mejor el precio, es de lo mas económico de por aqui y esta a tan solo 5 km de Camprodon
- Las camareras son muy simpaticas y los/las cocineros/cocineras magnificos/as !!! Habitacion grande y la cama muy comoda
- La habitación enorme con balcón, cuarto de baño grande y calefacción. La tele con pantalla grande
Top Guest Houses In Oix Catalonia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Oix Catalonia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Oix Catalonia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Oix Catalonia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!