10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Mutriku Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mutriku Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Mutriku Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mutriku Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mutriku Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Mutriku Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Mutriku Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Mutriku Basque Country:
Agroturismo Haitzalde B&B – Adults Only
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Sitting on top of a cliff above the Atlantic Ocean, Agroturismo Haitzalde B&B – Adults Only offers rooms with heating, free WiFi, and views of the sea. The small town of Matriku is 1.6 mi away.The rooms either have a small balcony or a private terrace. Each includes a double bed, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower and hairdryer.The property features a sun deck with sun loungers. A snack bar and free private parking space are also at guests’ disposal.San Sebastian can be reached in 45 minutes by car. San Sebastian Airport and Bilbao Airport are 43 mi away. Biarritz Airport is 59 mi from the property.
The warm greetings from Aranchta (sorry about the spelling of your name) who gave us detailed information about Haitzalde and the surroundings which are incredibly beautiful .
The HOSTS run a HONESTY system in the kitchen. Wine , coffee, and snacks re always available. Pay when you leave’
- One of the most beautiful places I have seen on earth! We had the suite with seaview with a fantastic view on the sea..even from the shower! The staff was very kind and breakfast was very satisfying. I couldn’t stop taking pictures of the garden with its beautiful trees and flowers. I’d recommend staying at least 2 nights..we didn’t and I regret 😢 will be back!
- VIEWS!!! The best panoramic views on Atlantic ocean ever
- The bed was perfect. The staff was delightful and spoke English very well. It was thoughtful that they had wine, cheese, jamon, and other snacks to purchase on an honor system, where one settles the bill upon check out. Make sure to get the breakfast option, very good coffee, excellent croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice. They also served toasted bread, jam and local cheese-idiazabal.
- Beautiful house in the garden right above the ocean. We had room with 2 floors with view at the ocean directly from the bed and also from the terrace on second floor. We definitely recommend his place.
- The warm greetings from Aranchta (sorry about the spelling of your name) who gave us detailed information about Haitzalde and the surroundings which are incredibly beautiful .
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. Pensión Zumardi is a family-run guest house 1 minutes’ walk from the beach and 650 feet from the center of Deba. It offers quiet rooms with free Wi-Fi and free mini-bar.Free private parking is available onsite. The property is within 5 minutes’ walk from the main street, the town center and the Deba Railway Station.Pensión Zumardi features a terrace where guests can have breakfast. Staff organizes boat and walking trips through the Flysch Route of Cliffs. Guided trips to the Ekain Cave are also available.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The center of San Sebastián is 25 mi away, while Bilbao is 40 mi away.
- Clean and tidy and great location near the beach but we had a basement room with a window at ground level. We’re on the Camino and would have liked somewhere to hang washing.
- Comfortable and clean. Good A.C. Very close to the beach
- I loved it all. Nice room, bathroom. Nicer than the pictures. Very good and quiet location. Next to the beach and 3 minutes from the center. The owner was very kind and helpful.
- Good location,very close to beach.room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
- Great location just 1 block from beach (no view). Clean room, excellent customer service, & pleasant looking property.
Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea
Facing the beachfront in Ondárroa, Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea has a garden. Among the various facilities of this property are a terrace and a shared lounge. There’s a restaurant.Breakfast is available each morning, and includes continental and buffet options.The guesthouse has a playground.San Sebastian is 22 miles from Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea, while Bilbao is 26 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 25 miles from the property.
The place is simply wonderful and so romantic 🙂 the staff is helpful , breakfast and food are perfect.
I love the atmosphere of this place and I hope to come back ❤️
- Good value, friendly family, excellent meals with outdoor eating area and great views. Beach and local town nearby, scenic drive to San Sebastion and Bilbao.
- This was a great littlemplace right at the beach in an off the beaten path location. The host was really helpful and we had an amazing view from our room.
- Great value for money. Clean and friendly. The view is amazing
- Amazing view from the terrace, great breakfast and helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to return here some time in the future! Places like Ondarroa and other little towns and villages by the ocean represent the real Basque Country-feel ❤️! (But also Bilbao is a really nice city and has been one of my city holiday experiences ever.)
- The place is simply wonderful and so romantic 🙂 the staff is helpful , breakfast and food are perfect.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Getaria, Katrapona has a terrace. With free WiFi, this 2-star guesthouse offers a tour desk and luggage storage space. Certain units at the property have a balcony with a sea view.All rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is available daily at Katrapona.A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.San Sebastian is 11 miles from Katrapona, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Excellent room, lovely staff, beautiful views. This hotel is the reason to go to Getaria. If only every hotel could be like the Katrapona. Don’t consider trying anywhere else!
- Everything was awesome the location the staff and the value.
- View, receptionist very friendly and funny, lovely beach but very busy
- I was walking alone on the camino , what a fabulous reward and pleasure to arrive there after 28 km , with such a warm welcome with peanuts and fresh orange juice as the lady saw me exhausted ! The room was lovely , a beautiful view on the beach , a fabulous breakfast in the morning with warm omelette , fresh fruits and yogourts …. Definitaly one of my best address on the camino
- We only spent 2 evenings here but could have stayed for much longer. Our room which was the large double room had the most amazing double aspect views over the fishing port and the beach. The Pension is located right in the hubbub of the cafes/restaurants. The staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Was lovely to chat to them about the history of the village & building. Would definitely recommend having the breakfast – delicious spread. Our bed was enormous and extremely comfortable. Not far from the beautiful San Sebastian but much better value for money. The perfect stay for exploring the Basque Region.
Pension Txarriduna provides rooms in Elgóibar. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.At the guesthouse, all rooms have a desk. With a private bathroom, rooms at Pension Txarriduna also provide guests with free WiFi. The rooms feature a closet.San Sebastian is 23 miles from the accommodation, while Bilbao is 27 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- I loved that the room was always clean,no problem with dogs,near some shops. You can eat at the hotel restaurant and it’s cheap and with good fish dishes.
- Very helpful and pleasant staff. Very good restaurant on site.
- Elgoibar is a good base for reaching other interesting destinations. The Pension Txarriduna is decent but hard to recommend.
- Fui solo a hacer una noche de paso. Está muy cerca de una de las entradas al pueblo, en un lugar tranquilo, y con facilidad para el aparcamiento gratuito ya que te lo ofrece la misma pensión/hotel. Restaurantes y bares justo al lado, además del propio del hotel.
- La struttura si trova nel centro del paese, la camera era pulita e spaziosa ed il bagno comodo e ben attrezzato. Consigliato anche il ristorante dell’albergo.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in the Basque town of Ea, just 350 feet from Ea Beach, Bekale offers heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It features a shared lounge area and dining room with a TV.Each modern room is decorated individually with different color schemes and lovely, large landscape prints on the walls. They include a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. A laundry service is also available.Buses to the coastal town of Lekeitio and also to Gernika leave every 2 hours. Tourist information about the area is provided at the guest house.Bekale is a 45-minute drive from Bilbao and 75 minutes from San Sebastián via the AP8 Motorway. There is free public parking nearby.
- The best breakfast I’ve ever had! Comfortable king-size bed, clean room, quiet place, felt like home.. Very helpful staff, helped us to find the parking nearby and gave us good advices of bars and restaurants.
In our lovely newly-renovated junior suite on the top floor of Bekale, we had no particular view but a sense of enjoying absolute calm. We could hear only the birds singing.
Each morning, a large and delicious breakfast was waiting for us downstairs: tortilla of various flavors, fresh fruit, cheese and cold cuts.
We highly recommend Bekale to discover off-the-beaten-tracks Basque country.
- Very nice place in beautiful vilagge. Very very very good breakfast!!!
- The breakfast was wonderful each morning, the rooms were nice and clean. The service was outstanding. Thank you Ari for all your help and translations. We enjoyed our stay so much in Ea!
- This hotel fulfils a quite high standard in a small village. The owners are absolutely lovely and helpful. Breakfast has a very good variety.
Located 2.2 mi from the town of Azkoitia, Agroturismo Zulueta offers rooms with heating and free WiFi.Exposed stone walls and wooden beams lend a rustic décor to this guest house with a shared kitchen and a lounge. Barbecue facilities are available outside.The rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryers are provided.The coastal town of Zumaia is a 20-minute drive from the property, while San Sebastian and Bilbao are 50 minutes away by car.
- Host was very nice and accommodating of our late arrival
Lovely and helpful hostess/owner who shared interesting visitor maps. The property is stunningly beautiful, and located in one of the most beautiful and spectacular valleys I have ever visited! Total peace and serenity. The property is a family home built from local rocks and wood which creates a personal, cozy and rustic atmosphere. The beautiful dog (fastened in the dog house) also adds value to the homely feel.
Huge bathroom and enormous bedroom with comfortable, large bed, huge closet and traditional furniture. Breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, wauw! Lovely outdoor patio with spacious tables and benches, and fabulous view as well.
- A beautiful rural setting to which we were welcomed by a very friendly host. Our room was warm and spacious next to a large open area that had a seating area around a fire which we lit. Good kitchen facilities to cook for ourselves knowing there was no food available. Breakfast was adequate when supplemented by our own provisions.
- Amazing area, beautiful location. Very clean and nice rooms
- Lovely location in the forest of Zulueta. The host was very friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. The room was big, clean and comfortable.
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. Set 350 feet from Zarautz Beach, Ekia Pentsioa features bright, attractive rooms with free Wi-Fi, TV, air conditioning and heating.Rooms at the peaceful Ekia Pentsioa offer sea view or view of Narros Palace or of the Art and History Museum of Zarautz.A range of cafés, pintxos bars and quality sea food restaurants can be found within 5 minutes’ walk of the property.Zarautz offers easy access to the AP 1 Motorway, which connects guests to Bilbao and San Sebastián within 50 minutes. Pamplona and Vitoria are less than 56 mi away.
- The location was ideal for looking round the people on the reception were lovely very friendly and helpful the bed was comfy the room was very clean we had a sea view which was really good and the lady spoke good english
- Great location near centre of town. Beach is just across the road. Great hiking trails nearby also. My en-suite room had high-quality air-conditioning, mini-fridge, TV and was spotless. Very friendly staff. Recommended.
- The location was close to the beach and quality restaurants and the price was more than fair. We were fortunate to have a view of the ocean from our room. The pension is not on street level but there is an elevator.
Lovely modern clean room
In fantastic location with a sea view
- Friendliness of the owners. Location. Room was modern with excellent shower.
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. The Pension Getariano is a charming, traditional Basque house in the center of Getaria. It is located by the sea and offers beautiful mountain views.Rooms at the Pensión Getariano are all heated and comfortable, with a spacious seating area. They all have a private bathroom.The on site tour desk can provide local information. There is also a nice terrace.The Pensión Getariano is located only 12.5 miles from San Sebastian. Sights in Getaria include the San Salvador Church, a short walk away.
- Very velcoming, helpful and nice couple running the place. Close to town, beach and surrounding wine fields. Cosy private balcony. Would definitely recommend it!
- Very valuable indications of excellent, value-for-money restaurants
- Super location in autentic town with very nice hosts
- Great location across the street from the old fishing town of Getaria. A beautiful place to visit!
- The staff were very friendly and always helpful. The location was very good.
Pensión Txiki Polit
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. This hotel is located in the attractive Plaza de la Música and just a short stroll from the the longest beach in the Basque Country.The charming coastal town of Zarautz features the Narros Palace where Queen Isabella II chose to spend her summer holidays. This part of the coast is also a popular surfing spot and enjoys decent waves for beginner surfers, throughout the year. You can enjoy the vibrant, summertime atmosphere in the numerous bars and restaurants.Enjoy your dinner on the outdoor terrace with one of the frequent concerts that take place in the adjacent square.
- Zarautz is a fantastic beach resort town. There is lots of good walking in the area. The room had a bay window that made for a nice sitting area. The daily cleaning service was great.
- Helpful and nice staff. Perfect location. Clean room.
- Good location, rooms clean and staff very friendly
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way. The main differences are in breakfast, room design and old of the room. The room is not great in this hotel, but the breakfast was one of the best along camino, so general mark is 9.
- Situated in the main plaza of the town with a restaurant on the ground floor (same owner as the hotel, I think)
Top Guest Houses In Mutriku Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Mutriku Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Mutriku Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Mutriku Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!