10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Muskiz Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Muskiz Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Muskiz Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Muskiz Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Muskiz Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Muskiz Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Muskiz Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Muskiz Basque Country:
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Hostal Catamaran is located in Castro-Urdiales, on the Cantabrian coast. This property offers rooms with free WiFi and a TV.The rooms at the Catamaran feature parquet floors and city views. Each one has a private bathroom with free toiletries.At Hostal Catamaran you will find a 24-hour front desk and a shared lounge. Other facilities offered at the property include vending machines.The nearest beach is a 10-minute walk from the guest house. Bilbao is a 25-minute drive from the property, and you can drive to Santander in around 40 minutes.
- Great place, extremely helpful staff, just one caution- it can be noisy at night.
- Great location, close to all facilities and amenities (food, beach within walking distance) Staff very friendly and helpful
- The house is beautiful. Ancient building and high ceiling! Very friendly staff. Very central. Big room. Nice bathroom. Romantic. Quiet. good value of money!!
- Good basic room at a good price. Right on the cameno and a wonderful city and beach can recommend without reservations
- Great value not far from the front staff lovely clean beds and room bathroom good
Hostal Vista Alegre
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Set 10-minutes walk away from the beach, Hostal Vista Alegre is located in Castro-Urdiales, 22 mi from Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.Each bright room features a modern décor and comes with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property. Hostal Vista Alegre features free WiFi thorough.The area is popular for its local gastronomy and the old town. Other popular beaches such as Laredo or Santoña are 30-mintues drive away.Santander is 43 mi from Hostal Vista Alegre, while Cabarceno Natural Park is 45 minutes’ drive away. Bilbao Airport is 16 mi from the property.
- Lovely town.Hotel had secure parking easy walk to a great variety of cafes and bars.Ideal location for Ferry .Staff were excellent will go back to this hotel.Really nice stay
- Good size room, very clean & bright. Good breakfast area.
- Comfy clean rooms and really lovely helpful staff.
Recently refurbished to a high standard. Very clean, good food, helpful staff and secure parking
The only drawback was that there was no lift to the second floor.
I would definitely stay there again.
- Friendly staff, nice bed, breakfast very good, secure parking
Pensión La Mar
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Centrally located in Castro Urdiales, La Mar is on a quiet pedestrian street, 0.6 mi from the beach. It offers 24-hour reception, free Wi-Fi and heated rooms with flat-screen TVs.Featuring tiled floors, each room comes with a desk, wardrobe and telephone. There is a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms have a private balcony.La Mar has a lounge, where guests can relax. Tourist information is available and luggage storage is offered. A free fax service is available and pets are admitted upon prior request, subject to availability.
- Pension la Mar has a great location in the centre of Castro-Urdiales. The staff were very friendly. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a great two night stay in this beautiful seaside town.
- Invited us to take our bikes upstairs to store them in a safe place.
- Friendly, helpful greeting and service at reception. Pleasant, unexceptional room with a small balcony that gave unexpectedly dramatic views of the sunset across the rooftops. Parking very easy within a minute or two. Lots of bars, restaurants close by.
- Warm reception by the owner at the desk! Super location close to the piers & all restaurants, bars and sites to visit! Room comfortable. Bathrooms have recently been remodeled and are well planned.
- Good location, friendly staff and comfortable room.
Pensión “La Marina”
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Next to the Castro Urdiales Harbor, Pensión La Marina features heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers free luggage storage and it is set 1,500 feet from Playa Brazomar Beach.Decorated with white painted walls and blue doors, each room features a simple décor and wooden flooring. It includes a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a shared bathroom with bath or shower. Some have a floor-to-ceiling window with nice view of the harbor.Guest can taste fresh local seafood in the restaurant inside the property. There is also a range of bars and shops in the medieval streets around the complex.The surrounding area is ideal for surfing and exploring the Cantabrian Coastline. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in that area.You can drive to Bilbao and to Santander in less than 1 hour. Public parking is available nearby.
- I liked the quiet location right on the waterfront— my room faced the back. Old fashioned locks meant electronics could be powered while not in the room. Initially I was disappointed, but the simplicity grew on me and I felt my things were secure.
- The staff was very nice and friendly. The bathrooms are clean and with good showerheads.
- The location, just a block or two from the water and in the heart of the social district, was fantastic, especially for the price. Our room (with three twin beds) was lovely and bright, with a covered porch and lots of windows. The porch helped to mask some of the street noise at night, which was plentiful right in the heart of town. The shared bathrooms were clean and the showers hot. All in all, a great stop for two tired Camino del Norte pilgrims.
- Wonderful location. Simple accommodation with shared bathroom facilities, but including two options which was good. Our room faced onto the harbour with a fantastic view of the Church. Close to bars and restaurants and all the attractions of the town. A highlight of our Camino. If you are looking for cheap and clean accommodation this is great.
- Great location, with secure (but a bit pricey) underground car park very close by. Lovely view of the harbour and marina.
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. This stylish guest house is located 350 feet from the harbor in Castro Urdiales. It offers modern rooms and free Wi-Fi, 5 minutes’ walk from the beach.Rooms at Ardigales 11 feature smart, functional décor. Each includes a plasma satellite TV with USB port and a private bathroom.The Asador del Puerto Restaurant is located 350 feet away and offers traditional tapas and specialty fish and meat dishes. There is also a lounge in the guest house reception and a bar.The town offers many historic monuments. The Gothic Santa María de la Asunción Church and Santa Ana Castle are 5 minutes’ walk away.Ardigales 11 is ideally located for exploring the Cantabrian coastline and surfing areas. There is public parking 150 feet away and it is 22 mi from Bilbao. Santander is 45 minutes’ drive away.
Comfy clean beds
Close to the center and the Camino
Modern look of the interior (no elevator thou)
- The room was small, but very well laid out. The shower was excellent. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked perfectly. The receptionist was friendly.
- The hotel is really stylish and the staff really helpful.
Room comfortable in a central location.
Good Wi Fi.
- Staff were friendly and helpful, the location was excellent near the harbour and the beach, lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Our room was nice and bright and a good size, bed was comfortable.
- Comfy clean beds
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Located on the lively town of Portugalete, this guest house is 6 minutes’ walk from the Vizcaya Hanging Bridge and Bilbao’s Harbor. Bellamar offers rooms with heating and free internet access.The rooms at Bellamar feature simple décor with parquet floors and colored walls. Each comes with a TV and a private bathroom with shower.There is also a common dining area where breakfast is served each morning. Guests can use the guest house’s kitchen equipped with a microwave, and a fridge.The center of Bilbao City is 11 mi away, while the airport is a 25-minute drive.
- Staff very friendly. They were so nice. Location is good for Camino walkers.
Good location, firendly staff, pet friendly
Hyvä sijainti, ystävällinen henkilökunta, koiraystävällinen
- Staff were great and helpful. Tidy room each day and clean.
- Bellamar was a good. Staff was so friendly & helpful.
- Not much, it was one of cheaper places to stay in Bilbao. I switched hotels at last minute. I saved $100 but I should have kept Hotel Abando.
Hosteria Villa de Castro
This property is a 2-minute walk from the beach. Located just 150 feet from Castro Urdiales Beach, Hosteria Villa de Castro offers bright rooms and studios with a flat-screen TV, heating and free Wi-Fi. Bilbao is only a 25-minute drive away.All rooms have functional décor, air conditioning, wooden floors and private bathroom. Studios also include a kitchenette.Hosteria Villa de Castro has a self-service laundry area with a washing machine and tumble dryer. You can also buy drinks and snacks from the on-site vending machines.The town of Castro Urdiales has a charming Medieval center and a bustling fishing port. You can taste fresh local seafood in bars and restaurants located in the streets around the property.Cabarceno Nature Reserve can be reached in 45 minutes’ drive from Hosteria Villa de Castro.
Very friendly greeting on arrival and we were helped with our luggage. Lovely room with large bed. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was served by, we think, the owner who was really pleasant. As there were two flights of stairs she then took our case downstairs for us.
A lovely quirky hotel, we would stay again. Thank you to the helpful staff.
- I loved the quirkyness of the place, the stained glass windows in the shower! The bed could have been more comfortable, but it was OK. I liked the fact it was downtown, the parking was a bit tricky. The Receptionists were very nice and helpful, especially Joanna.
- The whole property was amazing and very beautiful.
- Comfortable room with small seating place and big window, good location close to the sea
Location. Short walk to the famous church, castle and harbour. All have the WOW! factor.
Friendly staff, good breakfast.
- Very friendly greeting on arrival and we were helped with our luggage. Lovely room with large bed. Everything was very clean. Breakfast was served by, we think, the owner who was really pleasant. As there were two flights of stairs she then took our case downstairs for us.
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Set 5 minutes’ walk from Las Arenas Beach and Real Club Maritimo Del Abra Marina, Pension Areeta is located in Getxo. Featuring free Wi-Fi, the charming guest house offers daily breakfasts.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV and private bathroom. The hotel has a comfortable shared lounge available for guests.Pension Areeta is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of lively bars and traditional restaurants serving Basque cuisine. The Guggenheim Museum is a 10-minute drive away.Bilbao Port is 3.7 mi away, as well as Neguri Golf Course. The center of Bilbao is 9.3 mi away, while the airport is 20 minutes’ drive from the property.
wifi is very strong even in the street downstair
the location is absolutely perfect, very convenient:
pubs, restaurants, supermarkets, chapel, beach and cable car are all nearby
- Lovely and clean. Spacious for me and my son. Great location to access all the places we wanted to visit. Staff helpful.
- Very good location for sightseeing. A lot of cafes and bars around. friendly staff. Good value for money. Direct bus connection to the university campus and Bilbao 20 minutes by modern underground. Bilbao airport in 50 minutes.
- Location. Close to all amenities and sites of interest.
- This accommodation was really great value. Comfortable, neat and clean with a good shower. Not in the heart of the city but in an area with tons of nice bars and cafés, and close to the waterfront. I’m sure I’ll be back to Bilbao over the next year or so, and when I do I plan on staying here.
- wifi is very strong even in the street downstair
Casa Rural Telleri
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Casa Rural Telleri is located in the Larrabasterra neighborhood in Sopelana,10 minutes’ walk from the beaches of Barinatxe and Arriatera. Free Wi-Fi access is available.Set within a natural setting, the house has a private garden, a porch and several terraces. Inside, Telleri features modern rustic décor with parquet floors and exposed wooden beams on the ceilings.Guests can find a communal lounge with sofas and fireplace, as well as a dining area. Rooms are individually decorated, offering heating, a TV and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries.You can enjoy a garden view from all the rooms. Bed linen and towels are included.Tourist information can be provided at the reception. Activities like hiking can be enjoyed in the surroundings.Larrabasterra metro station is 1,150 feet away. Bilbao is 15 minutes’ drive away. The property offers free parking.
I pretty much liked everything related to the house itself. Staff was friendly and the room very clean.
Proximity to some truly spectacular beach views is also quite nice after only a short walk
It does all the basics well but keeps it simple which makes you comfortable from minute 1.
The staff is really really nice! Luis welcomed us and gave us tips where to eat and where to go! The house and the rooms are really clean and comfortable!
The beach is just a short walk away and the metro station is also just 5 mins away.
Totally recommend it!!
- Very warm welcome and helpful local information. Free car parking. Attractive house with a very friendly feel.
- Great silent room with very comfortable bed. Owners are very helpful and friendly. Close to the beach an to the metro to travel to bilbao. Everything perfectly clean.
- We were greeted by the host who made us feel very welcome. He advised us on best places to visit and eat. Unfortunately we only had one night here could have easily spent more. Very nice place. Room was comfortable and clean.
- I pretty much liked everything related to the house itself. Staff was friendly and the room very clean.
Montero Pension offers accommodations in Trapagaran, 6.2 mi from Bilbao. Free WiFi and public parking are available.Rooms have a TV, heating and wooden floors. They have access to 4 shared bathrooms. Towels and bed linen are provided.Guggenheim Museum is 6.8 mi away and Ballonti Shopping Center is a 5-minute drive. Santurce Port is 2.8 mi away and Bilbao Exhibition Center is 10 minutes’ drive. Gallindo Train Station is just 1,650 feet away and connects with Bilbao. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 9.3 mi from Montero Pension.
- We spent ten hours at this property, as we had a flight layover. The owner was nice and helpful. The room was clean and quiet, as well as clean. Don’t judge the sleeping quarters by the cleanliness of the lobby area. The room was very adequate and even had a balcony.
- The owner is trying to improve the place and you can see the efforts
– The Wi-Fi works fine though it’s obviously aggregated
– Parking lot for free right around the corner
– The owner lives next door and it doesn’t bother him if having a question at night
- Очень приветливый хозяин. Номер убиралы каждый день. Для нас это приятный плюс был. Вид из окон шикарный на горы.
- Destacaría la buena relación calidad precio, el trato con el Personal y el ambiente tranquilo y familiar.
Top Guest Houses In Muskiz Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Muskiz Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Muskiz Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Muskiz Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!