10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Murga Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Murga Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Murga Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Murga Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Murga Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Murga Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Murga Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Murga Basque Country:
This simple and pleasant guest house is set in the center, 5 minutes’ walk from Amurrio Train Station. It offers comfortable rooms and free Wi-Fi, 19 mi from Bilbao.Rooms at Hostal Ayala feature traditional decor and wooden floors. All include central heating, a TV, desk and a private bathroom. There is a shared balcony.There are various bars, restaurants and shops within 5 minutes’ walk of the property, which is set just next to the town’s main park.The Ayala is 1,300 feet from the town’s Licor Museum and there is a Basque Gastronomy Museum in Llodio, 6.2 mi away.It is 30 minutes’ drive from the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, where you can find the Gujuli Waterfall. Vitoria is 25 mi away.
Everything was excellent from the every day cleaning room service to the free fresh fruits in the kitchen and coffee.
- For the money the hostal was very good value. There was a fridge in the room and also a common room where the lady left water, cakes, bread and coffee etc. For us the good thing was the fact that the train station was a five minute walk away as we had to visit family in a nearby town. The proprietor and cleaning lady at the Hostal were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and towels were changed regularly.
- Really friendly staff, we arrived quite late first day, yet they still wait for us, great tips for food during the staying. Highly recommended!
- No parece para nada una habitación de pensión: recién reformada, amplia, con un baño impecable y una terraza enorme. Estuvimos perfectos con nuestros dos perros. Si hay algo que podrían mejorar es que no hay aire acondicionado, pero por el precio que pagas está muy bien. Hay cocina común con todos los utensilios y para desayunar ponen bollería y café/te para que puedas coger. Está en el centro del pueblo y en 10 minutos estás en cualquier parte. El trato recibido fue muy bueno tanto a a la entrada como a la salida, ninguna queja.
- Limpieza, comodidad y atención cercana y excelente. Como en casa.
- Everything was excellent from the every day cleaning room service to the free fresh fruits in the kitchen and coffee.
Featuring a terrace and free WiFi, Bakiola is located in Arrankudiaga. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a private bathroom. The restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine.At the guesthouse, every room comes with a closet.A continental breakfast is served every morning at the property.Bilbao is 6 miles from Bakiola. Bilbao Airport is 9 miles from the property.
1. Clean, quiet room.
2. Good price.
3. Owners are nice people.
- . A good area to stay to visit Bilbao by public transport, though needed car to reach main station (2km away) good parking this is a beautiful part of the world all the same!
- The room was huge and very clean, really silence, there’s the restaurant on the ground floor. The location is fantastic, just outside the city, nearby the river with forest and mountains everywhere, the perfect spot to relax and enjoy nature or to take a visit to Bilbau, the train passes nearby. Will definitely come back soon.
- Very welcoming hosts, spacious and clean room. Muchas gracias!!
- les gérants de l’hôtel sont très accueillants et arrangeants, endroit sympathique.
- 1. Clean, quiet room.
Casa Rural Madariaga
Set in the Basque Country and surrounded by stunning mountain views, Casa Rural Madariago is located in the countryside, 3.1 mi from Gorbeia Nature Reserve. Free WiFi is available.Each double/twin room at the property is equipped with heating, TV and free WiFi. Private bathrooms are equipped with showers. One room is located on the ground floor and is adapted for guests with reduced mobility.Guests will find a shared lounge with fireplace and TV, as well as a terrace with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and mountains. A large meeting room is available to hire by the hour.Casa Rural Madariago is a 35-minute drive from the coast and beaches, and Bilbao is 19 mi away. San Sebastian is 58 mi from the property.
- The house is a lovely, sparkling clean in a heavenly spot with great view and absolute silence.
- Awesome way to start the day, just open the window and let the sun come inside
- A great place with stunning views and a very nice hostess. Highly recommended
A very nice house in an amazing location in the countryside. We continued our travel in other “casas rurales”, but without finding such a friendly, easy going, quiet and relaxed place anymore. The owner speaks English and is very friendly. helpful and kind. She gave us several tips about possible activities and hikes in the Gorbeia park area and she pointed us to places we couldn’t have found by ourselves, making our week in Euskadi much more interesting.
The location is perfect for people looking for some rest or willing to explore the Gorbeia Park area.
The nearby (beautiful) village or Areatza offers a couple of small shops, a bakery and 3-4 bars/pubs where you can find beer, wine and a little pintxos.
The seaside is quite close by car, only 30-40 minutes away.
We would definitively return here.
- The host was very helpful and gave great directions and maps for getting to amazing destinations for hiking and exploring.
Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema
Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema is located in Bilbao. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with a TV and air conditioning.Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with free toiletries.Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge, where guests can make use of the coffee machine and free mineral water.Pensión Boutique Caravan Cinema is in the Casco Viejo, 650 feet from Catedral de Santiago and 1,650 feet from Etxebarría Park.Bilbao Airport is 5 mi away.
An excellent hotel/apartment in the middle of the old town. Fascinatingly decorated and to a very high standard!
We stayed in the ‘Hitchcock’ apartment which was eerily amazing! Friendly staff to welcome us and nothing was too much trouble. It was nice after such a long journey from England to have good coffee and be smack bang in the centre of town. We also found the apartment child friendly and our 3 kids all enjoyed the apartment too.
Awesome location in Old Town and great rooms!
The staff are super friendly and let us drop bags off early so we could explore Bilbao given we were only there for a day. There was an issue with other people staying there but Im not going to let that ruin the rating given to the property.
- Location of the property, private parking. Size was great as well
- The staff were lovely and very helpful. The bed was comfortable. Location waa excellent partucularly with it being aste nagusia! Quiet inside with a double window, even though imthe streets were thriving with the fiesta yhe room was quiet.
- Superb location in the heart of the old town. Spacious superior room was perfect for two kids & 2 adults.
- An excellent hotel/apartment in the middle of the old town. Fascinatingly decorated and to a very high standard!
Offering stylish, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, Basque Boutique is located in Bilbao’s Old Town, 500 feet from Santiago Cathedral. It is 10 minutes’ walk from Bilbao Abando Train Station.Each room is individually decorated with unique, hand-made furnishings and artistic finishes inspired by Basque culture. Each one has a TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Basque Boutique features a shared lounge area where guests will find tourist information. There is a wide range of restaurants and bars in the area, where guests can try Basque pintxos.Casco Viejo Metro Station and La Ribera Tram Station are within 1,000 feet of the hotel. Buses to Bilbao Airport leave from Plaza Moyua Square and take about 20 minutes.
- Great location, quiet (even though you are right in the middle of the old town), very cool building and interior, coffee on hand, awesome restaurants to choose from.
- The uniqueness of this property was awesome, The historic building has been preserved and is a comfortable central place to visit Bilboa.
- Our stay in Basque Boutique was really nice. The ladies were very kind and also helped us to organise Taxi and our luggage. I recommend to stay in this place. But try to travel light because there is no lift for heavy luggage. The wifi and the air conditioning are working well. Each rooms has different outfit and colour. The rooms are cleaned and they also furnish bottle of water, which is good when there is a hot day.
- Very clean. Great location. Nice staff. Easy access.
- The receptionist super nice ,her name is Claudia ,I hope she does not mind me mentioning her name.She was very helpful,her colleague too was super nice too. Unfortunately, cant remember her full name.Trendy too
Casual Gurea is located in Bilbao’s old town, just 150 feet from the Cathedral and 800 feet from Abando Train Station. It offers a tour desk and rooms with free WiFi.Rooms at the Casual Gurea have heating, themed décor and wooden floors. Each has a flat-screen TV, free safe, and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The property has a shared lounge with vending machines and microwave. Services offered include bikes rental, free luggage storage and 2 computers with free internet.Casual Gurea is surrounded by various shops, bars and restaurants. You can walk to Guggenheim Museum in around 20 minutes. The nearest tram station is 400 feet away.
- Location was very good, staff friendly and room was quite big.
- Convienent location and staff were very helpful and could speak English.
- Very cosy. Located at the heart of bilbao old town.
- Idéal situation, very clean & very quiet in spite of noisy streets in neighbourhood
- Lidia at reception was always very helpful answering all of our questions and giving suggestions!
Totally refurbished in January 2018 Casual Serantes offers new charming nature decorated heating rooms in Bilbao city center 150 feet from Santiago Cathedral. The guest house features free WiFi.All rooms are bright and feature modern décor, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a free safe, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The property has a shared lounge with free coffee and tea facilities, cutlery, fridge and microwave.The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 3.7 mi from Pension Serantes.
- Lovely staff- especially Anna, who was very helpful!:)
located heart of old town close to everything
easy to access to the great bars.
the room seems to renovated very recent. everything is new and clean in very traditional building.
the staff was very friendly sent me e-mail in advance checked check-in time and give me the hotel direction from the airport. and they printed the train ticket for me.
- Fresh and modern. Good light. Very clean. Very friendly and helpful staff. Ana gets a special mention for showing us around and her English was really good.
Super helpful staff. We had bikes that couldn’t be kept at the hotel so they directed us to a sister hotel (which was really close) where we could keep our bikes overnight. It’s a very cool spot in a street with lots of bars although wasn’t at all noisy.
Really nice little room too. Very comfy.
Clean room. Very well located in one of the Old Town streets, next to plenty of bars/restaurants.
We arrived during closure of the reception but they gave us the right instructions to enter the hostal and our room. Very friendly staff!
Pensión Arriaga is just 500 feet from Bilbao Cathedral, in the historic city center. Featuring colorful modern design, these spacious studios offer flat-screen TV and free WiFi.Each Pensión Arriaga studio has central heating, a fan and a stylish bathroom with a hairdryer. There is a sofa bed, microwave, fridge and small table.There are numerous shops, restaurants and characteristic tapas bars within a 2-minute walk of Pensión Arriaga. Arriaga Tram Station is less than 650 feet away and offers direct services to the Guggenheim Museum. Abando Train Station is 1,950 feet away.
The staff were very obliging and helpful.
Loved the interior.
The location was excellent.
Very clean and modern interior.
Very quiet even though it was in the best street in the old quarter.
Double glazing on Windows.
- Large size space in an excellent location in the old town. Was quite soundproof considering central location. Was close to tram stop and river. Clean bathroom. Inma at reception was lovely, very helpful and also suggested an excellent place for vegetarian food! Eskerrik asko!
- The fantastic location and the cleanliness of the room. We also found Inma to friendly and very helpful.
- The welcome was superb. The room lovely, though I would have liked a balcony, but then, I didn’t order it so that was fine. Excellent location in the old town. Thank you
Really lovely accommodation in an excellent location in the old town. Great range of fantastic pinxto bars and restaurants very close by.
Communication with the host (Inma) was excellent. Would definitely use again when in Bilbao!
- The staff were very obliging and helpful.
Set in the comercial and cultural heart of Bilbao, Central features heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers 24-hour reception and it is 10 minutes’ walk from Guggenheim Museum.Fitted with wooden flooring, each room features a modern and functional décor. It comes with flat-screen TV, central heating and a coffee machine. Each has a private bathroom with shower. Free toiletries and hairdryer are provided.There are plenty of places to eat out nearby. Numerous bars, restaurants as well as supermarkets can be found within 6 minutes’ walk.Centrally located, the guest house is about 10-minute walk from Estació de la Concordia Train Station. The closest metro station is Moyua, 800 feet from the property.Bilbao Airport is about 15 minutes by public transportation. Regular airport buses leave from a bus stop located just 1,000 feet away.
- Clean and comfortable room, kettle and little muffins!
- The location was good with restaurants in the near vicinity.
- Very basic – especially the plumbing, but clean, friendly, helpful staff and great location. Good value for the price.
- Our room was small but clean and comfortable, with a petite balcony. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Great downtown location, walkable to the Guggenheim Museum, bars, shops and restaurants. You are supplied with all the ingredients to make tea or coffee in your room. We were very pleased with the setup. Comfy beds. Excellent value.
- Very good location for central Bilbao, near to the old town, Guggenheim and San Memes stadium
Pensión San Mamés is located right next to Athletic Bilbao’s San Mamés Football Stadium and the Termibus Bus Station. Rooms have flat-screen TVs.All accommodations at the San Mamés is equipped with central heating and free WiFi. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can make use of a computer and printer in Pensión San Mamés’ lounge and TV room. Luggage storage and a 24-hour reception are available.Pensión San Mamés is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum and 5 minutes from the International Trade Fair. San Mamés Metro Station is just yards away and offers easy transport around Bilbao. Airport buses stop just opposite the property.
- We had an inner room without a view, but it was so quiet! 5 minute walk from airport bus, metro, tram stops. Very friendly staff.
- Great location, rooms very clean and tidy.Reception staff extra friendly,helpful and knowledgeable.Excellent value for money!
- All of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Jon (I assume the owner) did all he could to make the stay as comfortable as possible. He even loaned us a fan since it was so hot and very little ventilation in the room. The location was out of the center, but very convenient to the tram and metro. It was easy to walk also to the neighboring areas. The price was good, as well.
- Very good location, near to bus station and river. Bars and restaurants nearby.
- Great staff, Jessica was a sweet helping us with heavy bags! Spacious room, comfy bed and a good bathroom. Everything was very clean. The hotel is literally in front of the stadium, 2 blocks from the bus station, 30 min walking from old downtown and 20 min walking from Guggenheim museum. Restaurants and markets available at the same block the hotel is.
Top Guest Houses In Murga Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Murga Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Murga Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Murga Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!