10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Montagut Catalonia – Top Hotel Reviews
Montagut Catalonia is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Montagut Catalonia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Montagut Catalonia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Montagut Catalonia. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Montagut Catalonia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Montagut Catalonia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Montagut Catalonia:
Offering a picturesque setting and fantastic views of Castellfollit cliff, this charming guest house is located between Castellfollit de la Roca and Montagut, at the entrance of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Nature Reserve.Hostal Mont-Rock features air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some of the units have a balcony.The restaurants at this guest house specializes in traditional and regional dishes of the area.Olot and the medieval town of Besalú are less than 10 minutes’ drive of the guest house.
- Everything was fine for an overnight stay. Good location, perfect breakfast.
Room and bathroom were very nice, spacious and clean. Place has its own parking,that makes it perfect if you travel by car.
Restaurant and the selection of food is very good.
- Great location for the village even if a bit on the road. Staff very friendly and food and wine inexpensive
- We arrived one day to early and it was a holiday so when the owner turned up they let us in to stay so very accommodating and friendly even tho language barrier. Very friendly staff and very clean premises. Excellent vantage point to many tourist attractions and historic places. Food good too.
- Clean, renovated room. View out the window was pretty spectacular though it was across the street and it was certainly affordable.
Fonda Ca La Paula
Set in the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone, this guest house is located in Castellfollit de la Roca. It offers a restaurant serving traditional Catalan dishes of the area and free Wi-Fi throughout.Each air-conditioned room at Fonda Ca la Paula has a TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The restaurant offers set menus and there is also a bar where guests can relax.Olot and the beautiful town of Besalú are 10 minutes’ drive from the guest house.
- We loved this place and plan to return for a longer stay. The proprietor was lovely – very friendly and helpful. Our room was at the back, overlooking the tree-clad mountain. Very tranquil and restful, with a comfortable bed and a good shower. We ate dinner in the hotel’s restaurant – really good, value for money, tasty Catalan food, served by pleasant and friendly young waiters. Breakfast was also very good. Private parking at the back of the hotel. Castellfollitt is an absolutely amazing place, a medieval town perched on top of a rock, surrounded by gorges….stunning views, and interesting strolls through the old streets.
- We were given a triple size room for the cost of a double. 3 course evening meal plus a bottle of wine only 12 euros per person – excellent value for money.
- Silent place to sleep. Friendly service and very affordable dinner.
- Staff’s communication skills are excellent; the hostess was very kind to provide us with an extra radiator for drying our soaking clothes after being caught in a torrential shower climbing up to this wonder village. The bar/restaurant on the premise is lively and popular amongst locals themselves. The menu has a reasonable choice of food that is presented well, tastes good and is priced fairly. Breakfast is not offered with the room booking as such but the typical Spanish bar on site can cater for many tastes, at extra cost. Overall the atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant and would not hesitate to recommend or return in the near future.
- Proper spanish hotel serving Spanish food. In the centre of interesting village. Very decent menu del dia served in evening
Hostal de la Rovira
Hostal de la Rovira is a mountain guest house set in a restored house from 1500, in the heart of l’Alta Garrotxa region. It offers a lounge with fireplace and a restaurant.Set in a natural setting, all rooms at Hostal de la Rovira have views of the grounds and the mountains. They have air conditioning and heating, a TV and a bathroom. Room service can be requested.The restaurant serves seasonal cuisine and Catalan specialties, including grilled meats and local dishes. A set menu is available.Other communal areas include a bar and a reading lounge with board games, where free Wi-Fi is available.Hostal de la Rovira is located in the town of Oix, 12 mi from Olot. Girona is 1 hour by car.
The property is nice and the village seemed quiet on the paper…
The breakfast was ok but a bit poor.
The staff was bit unorganised, a lot of table uncleaned during breakfast, it feels like they were running all the time but not in an efficient way.
- Good breakfast, free pool table, cheap beers for the evening, very relaxed setting
- Il gestore è stato accogliente ed ha accettato la mia richiesta di avere la camera con un letto matrimoniale anziché 2 singoli.
- Accueil très sympathique ; auberge calme et paisible ; chambre très propre ; petit déjeuner très correct
El trato cercano, amable y amigable de la pareja que recientemente ha empezado a regentar el hostal.
El desayuno muy completo y el detalle de la repostería casera que realiza el anfitrión.
El Hostal de estilo rústico, de piedra y madera, cuenta con detalles con mucho encanto.Cada habitación tenia un color diferente con los complementos textiles de camas y cortinas a juego. Muy acogedor.
- The property is nice and the village seemed quiet on the paper…
Pensió L’Estada is set in the Garrotxa Volcanic Nature Reserve, 3.1 mi from Olot. It offers free Wi-Fi and guests have free access in summer to the municipal pool, 2 minutes’ walk away.Rooms at the family-run Pensió L’Estada are heated and air conditioned. Located on the first floor, they come with a desk, TV and wardrobe. There is a private bathroom with a bath tub or shower.Guests can have breakfast in the owners’ bar, located downstairs. There are restaurants nearby.In the village of San Joan les Fonts you can visit Juvinyà Castle and various walking routes. The beautiful Medieval town of Besalú is 11 mi away. The guest house has a tour desk and offers easy access to the A26 Motorway.
- We really enjoyed our time in this place. The owners are super friendly and the room was very clean. We will definitely come back!
Friendly staff, efficient check-in and check out. Clean, simple but comfortable. Bathroom fine. Free parking outside. there is a bar downstairs if you want coffee and breakfast – closed at night. Town is very, very quiet. For dinner go to Olot (10 min drive). Trip advisor says there are 2 simple but good places for lunch.
Perfect as a stopover or a base for exploring if you just want a bed. Excellent value.
- Easy to find in a small town. Good for an overnight stay passing through.
- plus: very nice owner … and easy going ; no problem with my dog !!!! ; comfy bed and every day clean towels; in general very clean ; downstairs great for a super-morning-wake-up coffee and breakfast
- Very clean and comfortable room with a twin size bed
Hostal Sant Bernat
This guest house has a beautiful location at the foot of the Montsacopa Volcano. Set on a hill, Hostal Sant Bernat offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.The Sant Bernat is located in a green area in the center of Olot, in the Garrotxa Natural Park. The main square is a short walk away.Services at the Sant Bernat include free Wi-Fi in public areas. There is also an excellent tour desk.Bicycles can be rented at reception, ideal to explore the countryside. The area is famous for cycling, hiking and horse-riding.The Sant Bernat offers simple rooms with full air conditioning, heating and private bathroom. The hotel also has a traditional restaurant.
Good service – we received nice ‘pic-nic’ instead of breakfast.
- Welcoming, helpful staff. Nice clean room with lovely views. Comfy bed and amazing breakfast.
- Good value breakfast. Close to the old town centre and nearest volcanic cone to town.
- very good hostel in the nice, historical town with best breakfast in Spain ! Highly recommended ! Additionally they show us a local restaurant with extremely tasty and cheap food (full dinner for 4 persons with wine: 30 EUR !) Muchas gracias !
- Super friendly and helpful staff.Rooms appear to have recently been renovated.Housekeeping service was good,also modest breakfast for a reasonable price.
- Good service – we received nice ‘pic-nic’ instead of breakfast.
Hostal La Vila
This guest house is located in Olot’s Plaza Mayor Square in the Old Town. It offers air-conditioned rooms with a TV and free WiFi.Hostal La Vila has a restaurant and offers breakfast, lunch, dinner.The town of Olot is surrounded by the Garrotxa Volcanic Park, which is popular for hiking and cycling. You will find Montsacopa Volcano 15 minutes’ walk away.The property offers bicycle storage space.
- Everything is exactly as it is in the description. A decent place for budget travelers. It is in the very center of Olot, just next to the main square. The streets around it are pedestrian, so it is rather quiet.
- Great location and price. There is free parking a nine minute walk away, on the other side of the river from the bus station.
- Really a good value. Staff is very helpful. Location is very convenient, close to bus station, market and tourist information.
- a fair deal considering the price, the location was good for the goals we had to visit places
Friendly and helpful staff and owners
Amolls Restaurant i Habitacions
Amolls Restaurant i Habitacions offers spacious, air conditioned rooms in the center of the La Garrotxa Nature Reserve. All rooms all have tiled floors, a balcony and free Wi-Fi.Amolls Restaurant offers breakfast and a daily changing menu for lunch and dinner. It specializes in homemade Catalan dishes, and can also provide packed lunches.The center of the town of Olot is just one mile away, while the San Roque Business Park is just 1,000 feet away. The C-152 main road is 650 feet away, and the property has free on-site parking.
- Small family – running hotel. Everything was in place, comfortable room and facilities. Good wifi, parking was available on street, free coffee. Good for country side lovers.
- The owner was super friendly and the room was cheap and super clean and nice! We only stayed one night, but I would definitely recommend it to others!
- The bed and bathroom were perfect and we didn’t expect to have breakfast included, so that was a plus.
- Very kind people, although English was not spoken only by a daughter they made sure she was available to help us.
- The owners are extremely hospitable and the facility is impeccably clean! My visit was in winter, the room has a very effective heater and a shower that runs hot water.
Hostal Vertisol, in the village of Les Preses, is 2.5 miles from Olot, beside La Garrotxa Volcanic Nature Reserve. The family-run guesthouse offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Vertisol have a private bathroom with a bathtub. There is a TV, radio and work desk, and a wake up service is available.The Vertisol has a restaurant and a bar. There is also a terrace, with tables and chairs, and a yard, where guests can relax.The guesthouse has a tour desk, which can provide information on the area. The picturesque, Mediaeval town of Besalu is 16 miles away.
- The young staff were really very welcoming and friendly. There was parking space in the hostal car park next to the reception.
- Bien comunicado, puedes pasear a tu mascota por la via verda que pasa a unos metros del hotel.
- La comida del restaurante era bastante buena en relación calidad precio, estaba bastante limpio
- Personal muy correcto, alojamiento ideal para hacer noche durante la ruta de la vía verde del carrilet
El trato muy amables, llegamos tarde a las 22.00h, y nos llamaron dos veces para avisarnos que cerraban para hacer la entrada y nos esperaron.
La Casa dels Poetes
This rustic guest house is located in Santa Pau, in Catalonia’s La Garrotxa Region. It offers trips through the beech forest in a horse-drawn cart, and it arranges trips to nearby volcanoes.Featuring stone walls and 16th and 17th-century furniture, the rooms at La Casa dels Poetes are each themed around a different poet. They come with satellite TV and an exercise bike, as well as a private bathroom with a bathrobe, slippers and a hydromassage shower.La Casa dels Poetes has an à la carte restaurant serving traditional Catalan food. The house has a gift shop, and there is a piano at the entrance.Olot is a 10-minute drive from the property, and Girona and Figueres are both around 45 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to the French border in just under an hour.
- Los detalles de la habitacion, bollitos y albornoces. La habitación era muuuuuy acogedora y se agradecía que se estuviera calentito.
- En general todo está bastante bien. Está todo muy bien conservado y limpio y el pueblo es precioso.
- La habitación es increíble la decoración y complementos son fantásticos
- Me gustó la tranquilidad y diseño del sitio. La habitación está decorada con gusto. Es fresquita y amplia. Había leído algún comentario sobre la falta de puerta en el baño pero en la nuestra no fue así. Todo estaba muy limpio. En la nevera había una gran bandeja de fruta fresca y de calidad y sobre la cama unos pétalos. Una mesa romántica para una cena en pareja aunque la comida la lleves tú. El restaurante de abajo es muy rico. Las sabanas muy limpias y de algodón blanco, que es como me gustan. El baño muy grande y espacioso. Con detalles curiosos como la ducha de hidromasaje y unas pesas en un soporte de la pared por si quieres tonificar un poco. Este detalle me hizo gracia. Por la mañana se oyen los pájaros y la calle no tiene apenas circulación por lo que invita al relax en un pueblo realmente muy bonito y cuidado.
- Era para mis padres y el trato y la habitación han venido encantados
The family-run Fonda Barris offers free Wi-Fi and is 6.2 mi from Olot, in the Garrotxa Volcanic Nature Reserve. It has a lounge with a fireplace and sun terrace, offering views of Puigsacalm Mountain.The heated rooms feature wooden floors and mountain views. Each has a wardrobe and a private bathroom with a bath tub or shower.A free breakfast is offered. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner and uses fresh local produce. Packed lunches can be requested and there is a bar.Free on-site parking is offered. There is a children’s playground and tourist information is available. The area is popular for hiking.
- En general ens ha agradat tot. Les zones comunes de la fonda son una passada, reformades amb estil, comfortables, espaioses. Les habitacions son correctes. Destacariem la seva tranquilitat, el poder desconnectar i estar envoltats de natura i animals en un entorn rural però alhora a prop de tot arreu. Ens ha agradat com ens han tractat.
- Todo genial pero las puertas son muy finas y se escucha demasiado ruido del pasiklo
- La fonda está en una ubicación excelente para desconectar del mundo, en un paisaje entre bosques y montañas. El personal fue super amable en todo momento, se nota que disfrutan lo que hacen. La habitación estaba muy limpia y tenía todo lo que necesitamos. Tanto la cena como el desayuno fueron deliciosos!
- El personal muy amable y todo muy limpio y mucha tranquilidad
- Ubicado en un pequeño pueblo cercano a Olot, tiene huerto y animales de granja como ovejas y gallinas. Tiene una zona común muy amplia, bien arreglada y con buenas vistas. La habitación es pequeña pero confortable, la cama muy cómoda y armario grande. Todo estaba muy limpio. Personal muy amable y atento. Desayuno inmejorable.
Top Guest Houses In Montagut Catalonia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Montagut Catalonia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Montagut Catalonia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Montagut Catalonia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!