10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Mendexa Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mendexa Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Mendexa Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Mendexa Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Mendexa Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Mendexa Basque Country:
Each modern room is decorated individually with different color schemes and lovely, large landscape prints on the walls. They include a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. A laundry service is also available.Buses to the coastal town of Lekeitio and also to Gernika leave every 2 hours. Tourist information about the area is provided at the guest house.Bekale is a 45-minute drive from Bilbao and 75 minutes from San Sebastián via the AP8 Motorway. There is free public parking nearby.
- The best breakfast I’ve ever had! Comfortable king-size bed, clean room, quiet place, felt like home.. Very helpful staff, helped us to find the parking nearby and gave us good advices of bars and restaurants.
In our lovely newly-renovated junior suite on the top floor of Bekale, we had no particular view but a sense of enjoying absolute calm. We could hear only the birds singing.
Each morning, a large and delicious breakfast was waiting for us downstairs: tortilla of various flavors, fresh fruit, cheese and cold cuts.
We highly recommend Bekale to discover off-the-beaten-tracks Basque country.
- Very nice place in beautiful vilagge. Very very very good breakfast!!!
- The breakfast was wonderful each morning, the rooms were nice and clean. The service was outstanding. Thank you Ari for all your help and translations. We enjoyed our stay so much in Ea!
- This hotel fulfils a quite high standard in a small village. The owners are absolutely lovely and helpful. Breakfast has a very good variety.
Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea
Breakfast is available each morning, and includes continental and buffet options.The guesthouse has a playground.San Sebastian is 22 miles from Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea, while Bilbao is 26 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- Good value, friendly family, excellent meals with outdoor eating area and great views. Beach and local town nearby, scenic drive to San Sebastion and Bilbao.
- This was a great littlemplace right at the beach in an off the beaten path location. The host was really helpful and we had an amazing view from our room.
- Great value for money. Clean and friendly. The view is amazing
- Amazing view from the terrace, great breakfast and helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to return here some time in the future! Places like Ondarroa and other little towns and villages by the ocean represent the real Basque Country-feel ❤️! (But also Bilbao is a really nice city and has been one of my city holiday experiences ever.)
- Very well located, beautiful view of the city and beach. The accommodation is great (bigger than average), simple and the building is a bit old, but no problem. Enjoy a pleasant breakfast looking the pier, beach and town. Friendly staff.
Agroturismo Haitzalde B&B – Adults Only
The rooms either have a small balcony or a private terrace. Each includes a double bed, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower and hairdryer.The property features a sun deck with sun loungers. A snack bar and free private parking space are also at guests’ disposal.San Sebastian can be reached in 45 minutes by car. San Sebastian Airport and Bilbao Airport are 43 mi away. Biarritz Airport is 59 mi from the property.
The warm greetings from Aranchta (sorry about the spelling of your name) who gave us detailed information about Haitzalde and the surroundings which are incredibly beautiful .
The HOSTS run a HONESTY system in the kitchen. Wine , coffee, and snacks re always available. Pay when you leave’
- One of the most beautiful places I have seen on earth! We had the suite with seaview with a fantastic view on the sea..even from the shower! The staff was very kind and breakfast was very satisfying. I couldn’t stop taking pictures of the garden with its beautiful trees and flowers. I’d recommend staying at least 2 nights..we didn’t and I regret 😢 will be back!
- VIEWS!!! The best panoramic views on Atlantic ocean ever
- The bed was perfect. The staff was delightful and spoke English very well. It was thoughtful that they had wine, cheese, jamon, and other snacks to purchase on an honor system, where one settles the bill upon check out. Make sure to get the breakfast option, very good coffee, excellent croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice. They also served toasted bread, jam and local cheese-idiazabal.
- Beautiful house in the garden right above the ocean. We had room with 2 floors with view at the ocean directly from the bed and also from the terrace on second floor. We definitely recommend his place.
- The warm greetings from Aranchta (sorry about the spelling of your name) who gave us detailed information about Haitzalde and the surroundings which are incredibly beautiful .
Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a seating area where you can relax. Certain units include views of the sea or mountain. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Itsasmin ostatua features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can engage in various activities, such as diving, cycling and fishing. Zarautz is 25 mi from itsasmin ostatua, while Castro-Urdiales is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 mi from the property.
- Staff were friendly and helpful but had very limited English and we don’t speak Spanish. The town is on a very steep hill which is picturesque and quite dramatic. Breakfast was delicious with a large range of food on offer. Overall the hotel does a good job considering the limitations of the location.
- Nice staff, good breakfast. Great atmosphere warmly recomended!
- Great Location and super helpful staff. Our car broke down and we needed to get to a festival, staff arranged a cab straight away and we made our gig. They looked after our bags next day and recommended superb eateries in the port. Lovely charming hotel lovely charming town.
- A beautiful authetic Spanish place in a little harbour village. The views were beautiful and my husband and I had a very peaceful stay. Great value for money and the owner was extremely friendly and helpful.
- We LOVED staying here. Beautiful location, friendly staff, comfortable room. Highly recommend!
Free private parking is available onsite. The property is within 5 minutes’ walk from the main street, the town center and the Deba Railway Station.Pensión Zumardi features a terrace where guests can have breakfast. Staff organizes boat and walking trips through the Flysch Route of Cliffs. Guided trips to the Ekain Cave are also available.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The center of San Sebastián is 25 mi away, while Bilbao is 40 mi away.
- Comfortable and clean. Good A.C. Very close to the beach
- I loved it all. Nice room, bathroom. Nicer than the pictures. Very good and quiet location. Next to the beach and 3 minutes from the center. The owner was very kind and helpful.
- Good location,very close to beach.room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
- Great location just 1 block from beach (no view). Clean room, excellent customer service, & pleasant looking property.
- When we arrived after walking 25 km on tje Camino the maitress said our luggage was in our room and we could just relax and enjoy ourselves. Beautiful clean nice place.
At the guesthouse, each room comes with a closet. At Ubilla Aterpetxea the rooms come with a seating area.A continental breakfast is available daily at the property. There’s an in-house restaurant, which serves local cuisine.A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.San Sebastian is 29 miles from Ubilla Aterpetxea, while Bilbao is 19 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from the guesthouse.
- We were very late due to heavy traffic in France, they waited patiently so we could check in later in the evening. We had a nice beer in the bar on the terrace, the room was comfy and exactly as subscribed. Would highly recommend!
- It was a great enviroment. People and stuff super friendly.
- The staff were very friendly and made there best effort to help us in every way they could. The room was cozy and not too cramped. They helped us with storing our bikes as well. Careful with ordering food at the bar, it is very good, but the portions are generous… so bring a hearty appetite. The ride in and out was beautiful as well.
- nice place, beautiful road, would have never get there otherwise.
- Todo.perfecto, el personal muy agradable y las instalaciones limpias y cómodas. Me encantó. Lo recomendaría
Numerous bars and restaurants can be found nearby the Pensión. Staff at the 24-hour front desk can also provide tourist information about the area.Conveniently located, Pensión Mélida is 1.9 mi from Eibar and offers easy access to the A8 Motorway. It is 8.7 mi from Durango and you can also drive to main cities such as Bilbao, Vitoria and San Sebastián in approximately 35 minutes.
- The best pension i have ever stayed. The pension was extremely clean and confortable. Very well located from Ermua center and to bigger cities by a closeby train. Juantxo was very kind and helpful with our questions. The value for the money you pay is really good.
- The location is great! Right in the center of Ermua. The room is big enough and very clean. The owner of the hotel is very friendly! We would recommend the place for sure!
- The room was lovely clean and really warm. Breakfast in bed was a real treat.
- Nice, modern and clean rooms, everything functional and practical
- The bed was super comfy the shower was excellent and very quiet so I was able to sleep through my husband taking his shower
Torre Ercilla Ostatua
The rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms have a private bathroom with a shower.Bilbao is 15 miles from Torre Ercilla Ostatua, while Zarautz is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 12 miles from the accommodation.
- The staff, the room, comfortable beds, the area. We had a great time!
- Clean and tidy. Gotzon the boss was great to deal with,very helpful and friendly.
- The owner of the guest house, people in the neighbourhood and also the people of Bermeo were very helpful and friendly. It is a beautiful old seaside town wirh a nice harbour.
- Very disappointed with this place because it’s very difficult to park and in the photos looks very nice but really it’s a flat that rent rooms and not a hotel as you advertise!! Very expensive for what it is too!!
- Very nice accommodation for the area which lacks high end Hotels. Room was very nice, clean and comfortable. However, since there is no room for parking, you must go downhill to the Port to park your car. Also a 15 minute car ride to San Juan de Gastelugaste which is a Rock in the ocean and very attractive to tourists. Reasonably priced.
All rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is available daily at Katrapona.A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.San Sebastian is 11 miles from Katrapona, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Excellent room, lovely staff, beautiful views. This hotel is the reason to go to Getaria. If only every hotel could be like the Katrapona. Don’t consider trying anywhere else!
- Everything was awesome the location the staff and the value.
- View, receptionist very friendly and funny, lovely beach but very busy
- I was walking alone on the camino , what a fabulous reward and pleasure to arrive there after 28 km , with such a warm welcome with peanuts and fresh orange juice as the lady saw me exhausted ! The room was lovely , a beautiful view on the beach , a fabulous breakfast in the morning with warm omelette , fresh fruits and yogourts …. Definitaly one of my best address on the camino
- We only spent 2 evenings here but could have stayed for much longer. Our room which was the large double room had the most amazing double aspect views over the fishing port and the beach. The Pension is located right in the hubbub of the cafes/restaurants. The staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Was lovely to chat to them about the history of the village & building. Would definitely recommend having the breakfast – delicious spread. Our bed was enormous and extremely comfortable. Not far from the beautiful San Sebastian but much better value for money. The perfect stay for exploring the Basque Region.
Exposed stone walls and wooden beams lend a rustic décor to this guest house with a shared kitchen and a lounge. Barbecue facilities are available outside.The rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryers are provided.The coastal town of Zumaia is a 20-minute drive from the property, while San Sebastian and Bilbao are 50 minutes away by car.
- Host was very nice and accommodating of our late arrival
Lovely and helpful hostess/owner who shared interesting visitor maps. The property is stunningly beautiful, and located in one of the most beautiful and spectacular valleys I have ever visited! Total peace and serenity. The property is a family home built from local rocks and wood which creates a personal, cozy and rustic atmosphere. The beautiful dog (fastened in the dog house) also adds value to the homely feel.
Huge bathroom and enormous bedroom with comfortable, large bed, huge closet and traditional furniture. Breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, wauw! Lovely outdoor patio with spacious tables and benches, and fabulous view as well.
- A beautiful rural setting to which we were welcomed by a very friendly host. Our room was warm and spacious next to a large open area that had a seating area around a fire which we lit. Good kitchen facilities to cook for ourselves knowing there was no food available. Breakfast was adequate when supplemented by our own provisions.
- Amazing area, beautiful location. Very clean and nice rooms
- Lovely location in the forest of Zulueta. The host was very friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. The room was big, clean and comfortable.
Top Guest Houses In Mendexa Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Mendexa Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Mendexa Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!