10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Mendata Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mendata Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Mendata Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mendata Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mendata Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Mendata Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Mendata Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Mendata Basque Country:
Akelarre Ostatua is located on a quiet street, just 150 feet from Guernica Town Hall and the Peace Museum. Guernica Train Station is within a 2-minute walk of the property, and offers regular services to nearby Bilbao.The guesthouse has a 24-hour automatic front desk. Drinks and snacks are available from vending machines in the lounge. There are also various tapas bars in the center of town.Each room has simple, bright décor and hardwood floors. They all have a private bathroom with toiletries. Rooms have views of the historic quarter.
The use of the kitchen / fridge to self cater and the terraces to sitout and enjoy the sunshine,and views,
Lovely room, comfy beds,lift to all floors,
Very central location very close to train and bus stations,
- The roof terrace and kitchen were lovely and light with good rooftop views
wifi, location, terrace on top, bicycle could be put in room.
Buy in shops very near your own breakfast stuff and prepare it upstairs.
- Perfect location right on the cameno. Basic accommodation for a place to stay while walking the cameno
- Blinds made room completely dark. Quiet. Great location. Laundromat in front of building.
- The use of the kitchen / fridge to self cater and the terraces to sitout and enjoy the sunshine,and views,
At the guesthouse, each room comes with a closet. At Ubilla Aterpetxea the rooms come with a seating area.A continental breakfast is available daily at the property. There’s an in-house restaurant, which serves local cuisine.A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.San Sebastian is 29 miles from Ubilla Aterpetxea, while Bilbao is 19 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from the guesthouse.
- We were very late due to heavy traffic in France, they waited patiently so we could check in later in the evening. We had a nice beer in the bar on the terrace, the room was comfy and exactly as subscribed. Would highly recommend!
- It was a great enviroment. People and stuff super friendly.
- The staff were very friendly and made there best effort to help us in every way they could. The room was cozy and not too cramped. They helped us with storing our bikes as well. Careful with ordering food at the bar, it is very good, but the portions are generous… so bring a hearty appetite. The ride in and out was beautiful as well.
- nice place, beautiful road, would have never get there otherwise.
- Todo.perfecto, el personal muy agradable y las instalaciones limpias y cómodas. Me encantó. Lo recomendaría
Each modern room is decorated individually with different color schemes and lovely, large landscape prints on the walls. They include a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. A laundry service is also available.Buses to the coastal town of Lekeitio and also to Gernika leave every 2 hours. Tourist information about the area is provided at the guest house.Bekale is a 45-minute drive from Bilbao and 75 minutes from San Sebastián via the AP8 Motorway. There is free public parking nearby.
- The best breakfast I’ve ever had! Comfortable king-size bed, clean room, quiet place, felt like home.. Very helpful staff, helped us to find the parking nearby and gave us good advices of bars and restaurants.
In our lovely newly-renovated junior suite on the top floor of Bekale, we had no particular view but a sense of enjoying absolute calm. We could hear only the birds singing.
Each morning, a large and delicious breakfast was waiting for us downstairs: tortilla of various flavors, fresh fruit, cheese and cold cuts.
We highly recommend Bekale to discover off-the-beaten-tracks Basque country.
- Very nice place in beautiful vilagge. Very very very good breakfast!!!
- The breakfast was wonderful each morning, the rooms were nice and clean. The service was outstanding. Thank you Ari for all your help and translations. We enjoyed our stay so much in Ea!
- This hotel fulfils a quite high standard in a small village. The owners are absolutely lovely and helpful. Breakfast has a very good variety.
All rooms in this traditional stone-built property have heating and come with a TV. The bedrooms feature rustic furniture, wooden or steel beds and a wardrobe. The living room comes with multiple tables and a fireplace. The private bathrooms also come with a bath or shower.At Murueta Baserria you will find a shared kitchen. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including hiking and indoor rock climbing. A public swimming pool is also nearby.Shops and restaurants can be found within 984 feet, while the nearest supermarket is only 350 feet from Murueta Baserria. Valle de Atxondo is a 6-minute drive. Urkiola Nature Reserve is 6.2 mi away, while Vitoria and Bilbao cities are at a distance of 19 mi. Bilbao Airport is 17 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- Spacious room and bathroom. Lovely welcome from the owner (Spanish speaking only). Very dog friendly – there are resident pooches but they are kept out of the way. Huge well equipped kitchen if you want to self cater. Just off the motorway so really convenient for an overnight stop. Having said that, it was very quiet at night. If you like quirky then this place is for you!
- The owner was a really friendly lady, even though we didn’t speak much Spanish and she no English. Breakfast was good and plenty of it, the building was a lovely old character place, really clean and tidy and a good bathroom. The town of Durango was really pleasant with an historic old quarter, well worth a visit.
LA casona May Bonita antigua que no vieja y amueblada con mucho gusto
La señora muy amable y simpatica todo muy limpio y el desayuno , lo que pedimos
- La atención de la dueña del alojamiento una gran mujer en todos los aspectos, lo recomiendo me encanta.
Habia reservado con mucha antelación este alojamiento ya que queríamos asistir a las finales de Rugby en Bilbao y aunque el caserio es sencillo cumple con lo que buscabamos.
Si andas buscando algo lujoso este alojamiento no es el indicado pero si lo que andas buscando es algo que este bien de precio, limpio y cómodo es perfecto.
* los desayunos van a parte del precio.
The rooms at the guesthouse are equipped with a seating area. GONDRA has certain rooms with mountain views, and rooms are equipped with a electric tea pot. Guest rooms feature a closet.The area is popular for cycling and hiking.Bilbao is 13 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 10 miles from Gondra.
No reviews yet.
Juego Bolos Ostatua
At the guesthouse, all rooms include a balcony. Rooms come with a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hair dryer. All guest rooms will provide guests with a closet and a coffee machine.Bilbao is 17 miles from Juego Bolos Ostatua. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from the accommodation.
Very friendly helpful staff
Clean and comfortable
Very central to the town
La ubicación es estupenda, en pleno centro de Durango. La habitación y el baño muy limpios. El trato inmejorable. Ha superado nuestras expectativas y repetiríamos sin dudar!
Posdata: Si vais a Durango os recomendamos cenar en “Mesoi Barria” o almenos ir a por un pintxo de tortilla! 😉
- Cumple perfectamente las expectativas. Limpio, práctico y en el centro. Buena relación calidad precio
- La atención en recepción fue excelente, Habitación muy limpia y amplia.
Sobre todo el trato del personal, muy amables.
Decorado con buen gusto y muy limpio.
- Very friendly helpful staff
Guests at Errota Ostatua have access to 2 paddle tennis courts and 2 tennis courts for a surcharge. Other services offered include luggage storage, a 24-hour reception and laundry.Rooms at this guest house have a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower. They also have garden views and include bed linen and towels.Urkiola Nature Reserve is 6.2 mi away, while Bilbao is 22 mi away. Free private parking is available.
- A light open cafe space,but most helpful was giving us china cutlery and hot water to use in our room when our daughter visited.It was her birthday,which is why we visited Durango.She lives there.
- Very well equipped nice room, quite large. Perhaps even better that some 3-stars hotel, but for a much lower price. The care of the lady from reception was great.
- The staff was very friendly. Nice and confy bedroom
- No hay mucha oferta de alojamiento en Durango, este sitio cumple su cometido. Bien amueblado. El café y pinchos del bar estaban buenos. Hay un par de restaurantes para cenar muy cerca y un parque pequeño. No es céntrico pero se puede andar al centro perfectamente
- Great value. Comfy bed. Free on site parking. 5 min walk to town with loads of bars and shops and impressive church. Traditional town with barely a tourist in sight. Good to experience real Spain. Decent gym onsite too.
Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a seating area where you can relax. Certain units include views of the sea or mountain. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Itsasmin ostatua features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can engage in various activities, such as diving, cycling and fishing. Zarautz is 25 mi from itsasmin ostatua, while Castro-Urdiales is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 mi from the property.
- Staff were friendly and helpful but had very limited English and we don’t speak Spanish. The town is on a very steep hill which is picturesque and quite dramatic. Breakfast was delicious with a large range of food on offer. Overall the hotel does a good job considering the limitations of the location.
- Nice staff, good breakfast. Great atmosphere warmly recomended!
- Great Location and super helpful staff. Our car broke down and we needed to get to a festival, staff arranged a cab straight away and we made our gig. They looked after our bags next day and recommended superb eateries in the port. Lovely charming hotel lovely charming town.
- A beautiful authetic Spanish place in a little harbour village. The views were beautiful and my husband and I had a very peaceful stay. Great value for money and the owner was extremely friendly and helpful.
- We LOVED staying here. Beautiful location, friendly staff, comfortable room. Highly recommend!
Pension Txomin Ostatua
At the guesthouse, all rooms come with a desk. Rooms are complete with a private bathroom equipped with a shower, while some rooms come with a seating area. Guest rooms include a closet.Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near Pension Txomin Ostatua.San Sebastian is 25 miles from the accommodation, while Bilbao is 23 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 22 miles from the property.
- Beautiful apartment for one night while walking the camino. The guy who checked us in was very nice and made sure our stuff was picked up the next morning. We only xpected a doubble room but gought a whole apartment instead.
- the owner drove us to Markina and suggested where to have a breakfast. This was a great breakfast although not cheap
- To our surprise, it has full kitchens which is perfect for us who just love hot water in the morning. The host is so nice providing a free pick up from town center of Markina.
- It was the right “port in a real rainstorm”. We arrived fatigued and soaked, the owner was efficient and business like.
- The owner could not have been more helpful. He drove us to a local restaurant for dinner and picked us up later. He speaks excellent English.
Numerous bars and restaurants can be found nearby the Pensión. Staff at the 24-hour front desk can also provide tourist information about the area.Conveniently located, Pensión Mélida is 1.9 mi from Eibar and offers easy access to the A8 Motorway. It is 8.7 mi from Durango and you can also drive to main cities such as Bilbao, Vitoria and San Sebastián in approximately 35 minutes.
- The best pension i have ever stayed. The pension was extremely clean and confortable. Very well located from Ermua center and to bigger cities by a closeby train. Juantxo was very kind and helpful with our questions. The value for the money you pay is really good.
- The location is great! Right in the center of Ermua. The room is big enough and very clean. The owner of the hotel is very friendly! We would recommend the place for sure!
- The room was lovely clean and really warm. Breakfast in bed was a real treat.
- Nice, modern and clean rooms, everything functional and practical
- The bed was super comfy the shower was excellent and very quiet so I was able to sleep through my husband taking his shower
Top Guest Houses In Mendata Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Mendata Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Mendata Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Mendata Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!