10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Mendaro Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mendaro Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Mendaro Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mendaro Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mendaro Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Mendaro Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Mendaro Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Mendaro Basque Country:
At the guesthouse, all rooms have a desk. With a private bathroom, rooms at Pension Txarriduna also provide guests with free WiFi. The rooms feature a closet.San Sebastian is 23 miles from the accommodation, while Bilbao is 27 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- I loved that the room was always clean,no problem with dogs,near some shops. You can eat at the hotel restaurant and it’s cheap and with good fish dishes.
- Very helpful and pleasant staff. Very good restaurant on site.
- Elgoibar is a good base for reaching other interesting destinations. The Pension Txarriduna is decent but hard to recommend.
- L’endroit n’est pas propre la salle de bain mal aérée
- Ofrece tal cual lo que se expone en el anuncio. Así que, no hay sorpresas. Tiene algunos aspectos que se podrían mejorar, pero lo típico en un establecimiento de este tipo. Relación calidad precio correcto.
Free private parking is available onsite. The property is within 5 minutes’ walk from the main street, the town center and the Deba Railway Station.Pensión Zumardi features a terrace where guests can have breakfast. Staff organizes boat and walking trips through the Flysch Route of Cliffs. Guided trips to the Ekain Cave are also available.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The center of San Sebastián is 25 mi away, while Bilbao is 40 mi away.
- Comfortable and clean. Good A.C. Very close to the beach
- I loved it all. Nice room, bathroom. Nicer than the pictures. Very good and quiet location. Next to the beach and 3 minutes from the center. The owner was very kind and helpful.
- Good location,very close to beach.room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
- Great location just 1 block from beach (no view). Clean room, excellent customer service, & pleasant looking property.
- When we arrived after walking 25 km on tje Camino the maitress said our luggage was in our room and we could just relax and enjoy ourselves. Beautiful clean nice place.
Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea
Breakfast is available each morning, and includes continental and buffet options.The guesthouse has a playground.San Sebastian is 22 miles from Arrigorri Ostatu Jatetxea, while Bilbao is 26 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- Good value, friendly family, excellent meals with outdoor eating area and great views. Beach and local town nearby, scenic drive to San Sebastion and Bilbao.
- This was a great littlemplace right at the beach in an off the beaten path location. The host was really helpful and we had an amazing view from our room.
- Great value for money. Clean and friendly. The view is amazing
- Amazing view from the terrace, great breakfast and helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to return here some time in the future! Places like Ondarroa and other little towns and villages by the ocean represent the real Basque Country-feel ❤️! (But also Bilbao is a really nice city and has been one of my city holiday experiences ever.)
- Very well located, beautiful view of the city and beach. The accommodation is great (bigger than average), simple and the building is a bit old, but no problem. Enjoy a pleasant breakfast looking the pier, beach and town. Friendly staff.
Numerous bars and restaurants can be found nearby the Pensión. Staff at the 24-hour front desk can also provide tourist information about the area.Conveniently located, Pensión Mélida is 1.9 mi from Eibar and offers easy access to the A8 Motorway. It is 8.7 mi from Durango and you can also drive to main cities such as Bilbao, Vitoria and San Sebastián in approximately 35 minutes.
- The best pension i have ever stayed. The pension was extremely clean and confortable. Very well located from Ermua center and to bigger cities by a closeby train. Juantxo was very kind and helpful with our questions. The value for the money you pay is really good.
- The location is great! Right in the center of Ermua. The room is big enough and very clean. The owner of the hotel is very friendly! We would recommend the place for sure!
- The room was lovely clean and really warm. Breakfast in bed was a real treat.
- Nice, modern and clean rooms, everything functional and practical
- The bed was super comfy the shower was excellent and very quiet so I was able to sleep through my husband taking his shower
Each duplex suite is divided into a double part and a twin part. It includes a seating area with a sofa, TV and desk. There is either a private or shared bathroom with a shower.The guest house has its restaurant serving dishes characteristic for the region. There is also free parking on site.Urkiola Natural Park is 35 minutes’ drive from the property and Bilbao is 33 mi away.
- Very nice hotel. Good location. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast. Thank you
- Very large room for two adults and two children, the room was very clean and the owner very helpful and friendly.
- Excellent quality, rooms and en suite, very good dinner
Un lugar de ensueño, ambiente muy agradable y familiar. Pensé que compartir el baño me iba a costar pero estaba muy limpio y todo ha sido perfecto.
Carmen nos ha tratado de lujo
- La situation géographique reculée – la gentillesse et la disponibilité de Carmen (merci pour la crème anti-moustique !) – le repas fait maison et ayant du goût – le calme
Exposed stone walls and wooden beams lend a rustic décor to this guest house with a shared kitchen and a lounge. Barbecue facilities are available outside.The rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryers are provided.The coastal town of Zumaia is a 20-minute drive from the property, while San Sebastian and Bilbao are 50 minutes away by car.
- Host was very nice and accommodating of our late arrival
Lovely and helpful hostess/owner who shared interesting visitor maps. The property is stunningly beautiful, and located in one of the most beautiful and spectacular valleys I have ever visited! Total peace and serenity. The property is a family home built from local rocks and wood which creates a personal, cozy and rustic atmosphere. The beautiful dog (fastened in the dog house) also adds value to the homely feel.
Huge bathroom and enormous bedroom with comfortable, large bed, huge closet and traditional furniture. Breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, wauw! Lovely outdoor patio with spacious tables and benches, and fabulous view as well.
- A beautiful rural setting to which we were welcomed by a very friendly host. Our room was warm and spacious next to a large open area that had a seating area around a fire which we lit. Good kitchen facilities to cook for ourselves knowing there was no food available. Breakfast was adequate when supplemented by our own provisions.
- Amazing area, beautiful location. Very clean and nice rooms
- Lovely location in the forest of Zulueta. The host was very friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. The room was big, clean and comfortable.
All rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is available daily at Katrapona.A variety of popular activities are available in the area around the accommodation, including cycling and hiking.San Sebastian is 11 miles from Katrapona, while Saint-Jean-de-Luz is 28 miles from the property. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Excellent room, lovely staff, beautiful views. This hotel is the reason to go to Getaria. If only every hotel could be like the Katrapona. Don’t consider trying anywhere else!
- Everything was awesome the location the staff and the value.
- View, receptionist very friendly and funny, lovely beach but very busy
- I was walking alone on the camino , what a fabulous reward and pleasure to arrive there after 28 km , with such a warm welcome with peanuts and fresh orange juice as the lady saw me exhausted ! The room was lovely , a beautiful view on the beach , a fabulous breakfast in the morning with warm omelette , fresh fruits and yogourts …. Definitaly one of my best address on the camino
- We only spent 2 evenings here but could have stayed for much longer. Our room which was the large double room had the most amazing double aspect views over the fishing port and the beach. The Pension is located right in the hubbub of the cafes/restaurants. The staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Was lovely to chat to them about the history of the village & building. Would definitely recommend having the breakfast – delicious spread. Our bed was enormous and extremely comfortable. Not far from the beautiful San Sebastian but much better value for money. The perfect stay for exploring the Basque Region.
Each heated room features exposed stone walls and wooden beams, with a TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Basque cuisine, prepared with produce from the vegetable garden, is served in the on-site restaurant. There is also a cider bar where guests can sample Basque ciders.San Sebastián is located a 40-minute drive from Izarre, via the A1 Motorway, while Bilbao can be reached in an hour. Free private parking is offered on site.
Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Don’t expect sophistication, expect authentic Basque traditional hospitality.
No English spoken.
- The hotel is very well placed when you are looking for peace and nature! The area is beautiful, the room are nice/clean and the people working there are nice too.
- Amazing mountain getaway. Very isolated and beautiful. Has a pool but this is a bit run down.
- nothing why say that english spoken here when no body does very awkward
- We liked the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff most of all, they tried their best to make you stay as comfortable as possible, they prepared the food we asked for and the food was excellent as well, overall a good stay, the building is impressive, it is more than 300 years old
- Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Rooms at the Pensión Getariano are all heated and comfortable, with a spacious seating area. They all have a private bathroom.The on site tour desk can provide local information. There is also a nice terrace.The Pensión Getariano is located only 12.5 miles from San Sebastian. Sights in Getaria include the San Salvador Church, a short walk away.
- Very valuable indications of excellent, value-for-money restaurants
- Super location in autentic town with very nice hosts
- Great location across the street from the old fishing town of Getaria. A beautiful place to visit!
- The staff were very friendly and always helpful. The location was very good.
Super friendly and helpful owner. Location is perfect and public parking is just a couple of blocks away.
I thought the creaky floors and doors were gong to be a problem, but the other guests were quiet and I got a good night’s sleep. My room also faced the street, but the windows block out enough noise that it wasn’t an issue.
Rooms at the peaceful Ekia Pentsioa offer sea view or view of Narros Palace or of the Art and History Museum of Zarautz.A range of cafés, pintxos bars and quality sea food restaurants can be found within 5 minutes’ walk of the property.Zarautz offers easy access to the AP 1 Motorway, which connects guests to Bilbao and San Sebastián within 50 minutes. Pamplona and Vitoria are less than 56 mi away.
- The location was ideal for looking round the people on the reception were lovely very friendly and helpful the bed was comfy the room was very clean we had a sea view which was really good and the lady spoke good english
- Great location near centre of town. Beach is just across the road. Great hiking trails nearby also. My en-suite room had high-quality air-conditioning, mini-fridge, TV and was spotless. Very friendly staff. Recommended.
- The location was close to the beach and quality restaurants and the price was more than fair. We were fortunate to have a view of the ocean from our room. The pension is not on street level but there is an elevator.
Lovely modern clean room
In fantastic location with a sea view
- Friendliness of the owners. Location. Room was modern with excellent shower.
Top Guest Houses In Mendaro Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Mendaro Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Mendaro Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Mendaro Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!